DCEU Ares vs. Bleeding Edge Iron Man

• 422 results
GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll DCEU Ares vs. Bleeding Edge Iron Man (229 votes)

Iron Man 48%
Ares 52%

Nano Tech Iron Man as of Infinity War

Fight takes place on the German airfield where Ares fought Diana

No Caption Provided

VS.

No Caption Provided

• 
Avatar image for xmangog__beastx
xMangog__Beastx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Ares stomps

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ares would win, but this should be close.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ironman bullies him. The only way I can see ares winning is by separating the armor from tony through tk , even then though it took thanos a few hits to break it off, so it’s gonna be difficult for ares to do.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

iron man trashes him

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

Ironman bullies him. The only way I can see ares winning is by separating the armor from tony through tk , even then though it took thanos a few hits to break it off, so it’s gonna be difficult for ares to do.

He could also just ram a sword through him.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: ares swords have no impressive feats, and we’re made from random scrap metal. They’d crumple on his armor.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: ares swords have no impressive feats, and we’re made from random scrap metal. They’d crumple on his armor.

Well the ones he made out of a hundred bits of scrap metal on the fly could be hurled hard enough they carved a truck in two.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: that’s not enough to say they’d carve up Ironman that way.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: that’s not enough to say they’d carve up Ironman that way.

I would argue that it could, since for most of the fight on Titan and in New York, Tony mainly deals with blunt force and energy attacks... like shots/blasts from Thanos' gauntlet or getting punched or has rocks being thrown at him. None of which went through his suit because its constantly being rebuilt and keeps him insulated from the effects... yet near the end Thanos just walked up and rammed a loose piece of metal through him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
deactivated-5c30485311cf6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares gets killed by his own TK this time.

deltahuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony can't even tag Ares if he uses Teleportation. He gets crushed like a Tin Can due to Ares's TK. Ares can also completely vaporize metal just by touching it. Good luck fighting him with a metal suit. And then there's Also TP, Electrokinesis and Illusion Casting.

Tony is hopelessly outmatched.

Avatar image for deactivated-6021b09dd509c
deactivated-6021b09dd509c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony does have a chance to win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KyleBroflovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares makes Tony kill himself with TP.

Ares crumples his armor with TK.

Ares melts his armor with pyrokinesis.

Ares summons blades and impales him with em.

Ares godstomps in so many ways.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares wins. Pyrokinesis is a weakness of Iron man's suits. This was made clear in IM3.

Ares teleports behind Tony and burns him&his suit to a crisp with a touch like he did WW's sword. Missmatch.

KyleBroflovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By KyleBroflovski

@comicgirl21: Agreed, pretty much this except unfortunately for Tony his whole body is covered in nanotech lol.

No Caption Provided

He just taps his head and melts him to a crisp.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The tony wank...

Ares ragdolls him

What "Tony wank"? Iron Man is one of comicdom's most under-rated characters.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd said:
@DammeFavour said:

@bleidd: how?

Like he got killed by his own lightning. Period.

Well too bad no one here can produce anything as destructive as that, or absorb and redirect lightning/energy projectiles. He's just the type that can't take more than he can dish out, it's really not that rare.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: you're not even attempting to make sense. How is his tk going to be used against him?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:
@bleidd said:
@DammeFavour said:

@bleidd: how?

Like he got killed by his own lightning. Period.

Well too bad no one here can produce anything as destructive as that, or absorb and redirect lightning/energy projectiles. He's just the type that can't take more than he can dish out, it's really not that rare.

Even Tony's pre-Avengers' suit could absorb lightning. What makes you think that his current suit can't?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: you're not even attempting to make sense. How is his tk going to be used against him?

Because he's an idiot and will find a way to die by his own TK like he found a way to die by his own lightning. Nuff said.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: His lightning behaves nowhere near like natural lightning that Tony can absorb, either way, he can't redirect it back to Ares, so it doesn't really matter.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: lol nuff said? You haven't said anything substantial. It's not like Tony is anything like diana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@bleidd: His lightning behaves nowhere near like natural lightning that Tony can absorb, either way, he can't redirect it back to Ares, so it doesn't really matter.

And Thor's lightning behaves like natural lightning? Thor's lightning has feats that Ares can't even get close to replicating. And absorbing lighting does supercharge Tony's suit like it did in the Avengers.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: lol nuff said? You haven't said anything substantial. It's not like Tony is anything like diana

No, current IM would probably whoop Diana on her a$$.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: yeah that's enough Internet for today

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Shinne

@bleidd said:
@lan_fan said:

And Thor's lightning behaves like natural lightning? Thor's lightning has feats that Ares can't even get close to replicating. And absorbing lighting does supercharge Tony's suit like it did in the Avengers.

Yes, Thor's lightning behaves like regular lightning, he is just capable of producing it on a massive scale. Ares's lightning behaves nothing like regular lightning, it just looks like lightning.

Unless you want to believe that Wonder Woman's reaction speed is massively hypersonic (capable of reacting to natural lightning after it was fired) or that a very small lightning can create a massive explosion that can destroy small building. I don't....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:
@bleidd said:
@lan_fan said:

Yes, Thor's lightning behaves like regular lightning, he is just capable of producing it on a massive scale. Ares's lightning behaves nothing like regular lightning, it just looks like lightning. Unless you want to believe that Wonder Woman's reaction speed is massively hypersonic (capable of reacting to natural lightning after it was fired) or that a very small lightning can create a massive explosion that can destroy small building.

Diana and Ares (or his lightning bolt) need to be in the same frame to determine if she reacted after it was fired. As it stands, it's not clear. She could very well have reacted when she saw Ares preparing to shoot the bolt.

Thor's lightning may not create explosions but it doesn't behave like natural lightning either. I could show you if you give me time. Both of their lightning is probably magical in nature. And in any case, natural or not, Ares' lightning is still massively weaker than Thor's.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: We can clearly see that Ares fired it first, and then Diana said 2 words before even trying to block it. It is a pretty clear cut, that's how we determine aim dodging or actual timing for comics as well. Plus, it's clearly slower just from seeing it moving on screen, that's just easier way to determine this.

I'm not suggesting that Ares's lightning is stronger than Thor's. No need for you to address that, but I don't see Thor's lightning behaving unlike regular lightning, heck the fact that it could power up Tony's armor directly proved that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

@bleidd: We can clearly see that Ares fired it first, and then Diana said 2 words before even trying to block it. It is a pretty clear cut, that's how we determine aim dodging or actual timing for comics as well. Plus, it's clearly slower just from seeing it moving on screen, that's just easier way to determine this.

I'm not suggesting that Ares's lightning is stronger than Thor's. No need for you to address that, but I don't see Thor's lightning behaving unlike regular lightning, heck the fact that it could power up Tony's armor directly proved that.

She said those two words after she blocked it.

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man can’t even kill Ares lmao. Ares TP and TK are too much, plusbhes immortal and needed a person who killed gods to end him. What’s stopping Ares moving fields on top of Tony?

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Nucleon

@richard96 said:

@nucleon:

A lot of people here believe he has a chance...

Well, he's got a few assets, including imaginativity, versatibility, ressources, flight, ranged attacks, self-repair... And he is no slouch in the strength departement neither. Seing as how Superman laughingly disposed of Steppenwolf, who himself looked leagues above Ares and against which WW was doing so poorly, I figure Ares isn't that much high on the powerscale. He certainly didn't look durable.

I guess we pretty much relive here what happened in the first encounter between Iron Man and Thor: Ares tries to electrocute Iron Man, amps him up instead, and then proceeds to have his behind kicked since he's nowhere near Thor in close fighting prowess.

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bleidd: Oops, wrong time stamp. The first time Ares shot the energy beam, Diana said "it's not about deserving" right after he fired it, but before she tried to block it.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Nucleon

@richard96 said:

@nucleon:

I have already argued for ares in this thread, so I won’t repeat myself. Anyway, Ares is not inferior to steph. He lost to WW only cause Diana was his perfect counter and killed him with his own power. Ares no sold gigantic explosions and various hits from Diana, and only his full powered lighting (which dug a gargantuan crater) killed him.

Pre ragnarok thor lighting, the one tony was hit by, is vastly weaker than ares’s.

I also don’t see why ares should be nowhere near Thor in hand to hand combat. He performed pretty good against Diana, which is in thor’s league.

It took the whole Greek pantheon, including Zeus, plus allies, to beat/stalemate Steppenwolf. That clearly tells me what are the Grecian gods' position in the power scale: Below Steppenwolf. Thus, I believe Ares is in the very same ballpark as Stark, and on this I am consistant since I pretend that Iron Man occupies pretty much WW's position in their respective universes' power scale.

And if Ares was anywhere near Thor in fighting prowess, WW would have been dead. I don't know where you are taking that one about Thor' lightning being lesser than Ares' - pre-Ragnarok he killed two behemoths at the same time with it in the first Avengers, and destroyed with it a sizeable town in the second one. That ridiculizes anything Ares has shown. Thor is, after all, god of Thunder.

KyleBroflovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nucleon: Iron Man is an ant compared to New and Old gods. You're delusional.

Ares taps his head and melts him to a crisp.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By Nucleon

DC's old gods are farcical, geriatric faire-valoirs. They never did beat anyone. I don't know from where the NLF comes from - they're practically impotent. I have even less respect for DC's old gods than DC itself, and that's quite something.

Superman alone did what the whole pantheon could not do, and chastitized Steppenwolf in a matter of minutes, almost negligingly, whereas the Olympians, in their multitude and by the skin of their teeth, only managed to make him go away after much blood, sweat & tears.

In the MCU Thor is an equal to Superman, not to lowly Ares, for crying out loud.I am pretty sure Iron Man would much decimate half of DC's greek pantheon by himself. They're worfs.

Lucano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WW won against Ares because of plot... She was literally an anti-Ares weapon... Tony on the other hand, while Stark Industries is no longer a weapons manufacturer, is still a man of war... Tony might start with the upper hand, but he has no way to put Ares down for good and will only make him stronger as the fight goes on, eventually going down to the God of War.

Nucleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lucano said:

WW won against Ares because of plot... She was literally an anti-Ares weapon... Tony on the other hand, while Stark Industries is no longer a weapons manufacturer, is still a man of war... Tony might start with the upper hand, but he has no way to put Ares down for good and will only make him stronger as the fight goes on, eventually going down to the God of War.

Hey that's a great point... Both Ares and Stark are former gods of War...

Dizney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares gets obliterated.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares should in theory win, but he doesnt have enough feats and also the Olympian gods didnt do that well against Steppenwolf and he got completely thrashed by Superman, so...

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares stomps.

kalkent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares should in theory win, but he doesnt have enough feats and also the Olympian gods didnt do that well against Steppenwolf and he got completely thrashed by Superman, so...

Bad comparison. Superman wold curbstomp ironman.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kalkent said:
@willpayton said:

Bad comparison. Superman wold curbstomp ironman.

I dont know about that. Bleeding Edge Iron Man has a lot of really impressive feats. But that's a discussion for another thread.