DCEU Ares vs. Bleeding Edge Iron Man

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll DCEU Ares vs. Bleeding Edge Iron Man (229 votes)

Iron Man 48%
Ares 52%

Nano Tech Iron Man as of Infinity War

Fight takes place on the German airfield where Ares fought Diana

No Caption Provided

VS.

No Caption Provided

• 
LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: tanking Diana's strikes when her striking feats are less impressive than making Thanos bleed is irrelevant here

What as that huge explosion he tanked?

Melting ironan and steel isn't worth noting here since we already know Ironmans suit is more durable than those metals

You guys are confusing power set with power levels, yeah Ares has a bunch of tricks up his sleeve but non that showed to be powerful enough to do anything to Tony

Ryt now you haven't provided a single feat for Ares to not be injured by the small rocket Tony used to explode a tank all the way from Ironman 1

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By LeonardSnart

@richard96: again, no selling Diana's attacks isn't enough, if Tony can hurt Thanos who no sold attacks from Hulk he can hurt someone who's biggest durability feat is tanking attacks from Diana

What are those bombs? How much force do they carry? Why is tanking them so impressive that it means he won't be hurt by attacks that one shot tanks?

"Lol" saying he can most likely melt Tonys armor is a guess and an opinion we are using feats here

Nothing you listed should hurt Tony in his bleeding edge armor ad overcome its healing factor, Tony has also been shown to be powered up by lightning, you haven't proven that he's more durable, nothing Ares tanked should be a problem for someone who can tank punches that koed Hulk, someone who tanked being pile drived from the top of a skyscraper under construction to the bottom floor, that already is above Ares pay grade

Again, why do you think no selling that explosion is impressive?

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@faradaysloth: I'm done with you, you're a poor debater, your next tag won't be entertained

That's rich coming from you.

Gamer-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron man for now

the arguments presented for him are more solid

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Richard96: Tony was still able to bypass a portion of Thanos' durability, someone who's got more impressive durability feats than Ares

I just rewatched the scene and we don't see Ares for a good 20 seconds after that explosion, we have no idea if he no sold it like you're claiming, I dont see how that is suppose to prove he can no sell weaponry that one shots tanks, and if it is that just means both compantants will have a hard time hurting each other but only Tony is the or who has a healing factor here

Ares made scrap metal melt and you think he can melt a Gold titanium alloy just because of that? I'm not too knowledgeable about metals melting points but I did quick research and I found this, "Titanium has a high melting point of 3135°F (1725°C). This melting point is approximately 400°F (220°C) above the melting point of steel and approximately 2000°F (1100°C) above that of aluminum."

Ares lifted that land mass at a speed Tony would be able to react to, he won't just stand there and let it hit him, Ares lighting being supposedly more powerful means it will just power him up more and again, Hulk tanked being piledrived from the top of an unfinished skyscraper that was uber tall and was koed from a few hits from Thanos(Hulk>Ares durability and damage output), Ironman then took as many hits from Thanos(Thanos was also just "having fun" with Hulk so the notion that he didn't go all out against Tony is irrelevant since he used comparable effort against both of them) so we not know that Tonys bleeding edge armor can take huge amounts of damage and has a healing factor on top of that

Give me that DCEU wiki link and why is it legit? Piercing ability also doesn't prove durability, and if Ares melted a bit of Tonys armor he isn't an idiot, he'll keep his distance and heal from the damage caused

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: I'm also busy with exams for now so I won't be able to reply for another couple of days

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: what are Ares durability and damage output feats? Punches that koed Hulk in a few hits couldn't ko Tony in his bleeding edge armor

thanos didnt even try against stark duh. When he got srs he bodied him imediately. only reason iron man stood against thanos longer than hulk did was the fact that iron man is faster than hulk. Also casual thanos punches broke his mask. Ares

What durability he has? Withstanding blasts from ww, withstanding all out lightning strike from Zeus, withstanding building level explosions that vaporised the building, no sold to fire and melted steel being on his skin.

He also has ton of hax like telekiness etc which tony had hard time against likes od ebony maw.

Diana could stood up against Ares only because she could absorb Zeus lightning aswell as she had massive speed to keep up. He was strong enough to take punches from wonder woman and ww is no weakling either.

He is also very strong in his own. Thanos punches were not that strong either. Compare to Ares, just casual punch send wonder woman like 100 meter flying and dented a tank metal.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By LeonardSnart

@Supermanforever: I've already responded and countered all the points you've brought up and more, please read the responses I gave to Richard96 cause I hate repeating myself, they're just above your post

I'd like to say this though, Thanos put as much effort against Tony as he did with Hulk

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Supermanforever: I've already responded and countered all the points you've brought up and more, please read the responses I gave to Richard96 cause I hate repeating myself, they're just above your post

I'd like to say this though, Thanos put as much effort against Tony as he did with Hulk

thats your opinion, He put more effort in terms of blasting etc, in physical fight his casual punches that didnt cause any shockwaves etc destroyed his armor. Lol at putting more effort when he just took and ripped his mask of. He also didnt destroy tony right away because tony was fast to dodge attacks unlike hulk. Once he got tagged he was stomped.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Supermanforever: and him not trying is your opinion too (wtf?), fact is both Hulk ad Tony took comparable amounts of hits, punches that koed Hulk didn't create shockwaves too, who said he put more effot? "lol" at you, he got stomped just like Hulk did, seriously tho, I've countered all these things already, if you don't come with anything new I'm not replying, I'm too busy as is and since I'm the one who tagged you I apologise as I'm already in a discussion with Richards and it's clear you're not bringing anything new to the table

Cutting_Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares.

Avatar image for clownprinceofcrime1995
clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Supermanforever: and him not trying is your opinion too (wtf?), fact is both Hulk ad Tony took comparable amounts of hits, punches that koed Hulk didn't create shockwaves too, who said he put more effot? "lol" at you, he got stomped just like Hulk did, seriously tho, I've countered all these things already, if you don't come with anything new I'm not replying, I'm too busy as is and since I'm the one who tagged you I apologise as I'm already in a discussion with Richards and it's clear you're not bringing anything new to the table

Dude Thanos did NOT no sell punches from hulk. He was severely staggered and only recovered when the started to grapple. he tanked them but did not no sell. Not impressive feats though as hulk is a jobber.

Amonfire1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Iron Man...he would destroy Steppenwolf who would crush Ares...

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By LeonardSnart

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Thanos had 0 damage after being attacked by Hulk, that's no selling to me, he staggered him with a surprise attack that didn't show any signs of damage, even if he did get damaged, tanking Hulks hits is more impressive than tanking Diana's hits

miekskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardsnart: Very true Diana’s strength feats can be compared to the likes of Spider-Man...

Meanwhile hulk is the hardest hitter with his Surtur feat

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: Thanos had 0 damage after being attacked by Hulk, that's no selling to me, he staggered him with a surprise attack that didn't show any signs of damage, even if he did get damaged, tanking Hulks hits is more impressive than tanking Diana's hits

@leonardsnart: Very true Diana’s strength feats can be compared to the likes of Spider-Man...

Meanwhile hulk is the hardest hitter with his Surtur feat

No it's not. No selling is not moving, tanking is taking the hits with no-little damage. What striking feats does hulk actually have?

The featless Surtur who was staggered by everything thrown at him?

Warlock1258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares wins, Iron man is no god

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: The lethviathan feat in Avengers 1 and creating a shockwave that broke glass and threw people off their feet when his punch collided with Hulk busters in Avengers 2, it's common knowledge that Hulk>Diana in raw power and striking feats, don't even know why were are talking about this, Diana is only top tier cause her sword cut doomsday and speed, thats why all you get is Diana decaptiates in her threads and hasn't won any battle thread against a top tier without any gear

If you respond I'll post in a few days due to exams

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: The lethviathan feat in Avengers 1 and creating a shockwave that broke glass and threw people off their feet when his punch collided with Hulk busters in Avengers 2, it's common knowledge that Hulk>Diana in raw power and striking feats, don't even know why were are talking about this, Diana is only top tier cause her sword cut doomsday and speed, thats why all you get is Diana decaptiates in her threads and hasn't won any battle thread against a top tier without any gear

If you respond I'll post in a few days due to exams

The Leviathan feat is PIS.

Show me a real Hulk striking feat then.

She defeated Ares after her sword had melted. He's pretty top tier.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By LeonardSnart

@clownprinceofcrime1995: you're the first person to claim PIS with the leviathan feat, you'll need a reason for that

What about the Avengers 2 striking feat with HB? Funny how you ignored that, show me Diana doing something similar with her strikes, she's never created shockwaves with her punches that shatter windows and make people more than 20 feet away fall over

the Leviathan and Avengers 2 feat put Hulks striking a league above Diana's

She defeated Ares with his own lightning and I was talking about her battle threads here on comicvine, I've yet to see Diana winning a thread with a top tier without her gear

Hulk>Diana in raw power and striking, this is a well known fact, debating this is a waste of time

Hopefully when/if Richards96 replies he'll have a better arguement than this

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: you're the first person to claim PIS with the leviathan feat, you'll need a reason for that

What about the Avengers 2 striking feat with HB? Funny how you ignored that, show me Diana doing something similar with her strikes, she's never created shockwaves with her punches that shatter windows and make people more than 20 feet away fall over

the Leviathan and Avengers 2 feat put Hulks striking a league above Diana's

She defeated Ares with his own lightning and I was talking about her battle threads here on comicvine, I've yet to see Diana winning a thread with a top tier without her gear

Hulk>Diana in raw power and striking, this is a well known fact, debating this is a waste of time

Hopefully when/if Richards96 replies he'll have a better arguement than this

No I'm not. Hulk has done NOTHING even close to it before or since, it was purely down to plot plus the leviathan was ploughing into the ground at the same time. All he's done since then is loose fights and job. He was getting stomped by Thor until he was helped even before Thor lightninged up he was doing a worse job than Kurse, he was loosing to the wolf until a wild waterfall appeared and he go stomped by Thanos.

What was impressive in A2? She's definitely created shockwaves and knocking back regular humans isn't a big deal. Diana staggered supes who is well above Hulk.

I haven't really seen a thread like that. No gear I'd put her up to win against the majority of the MCU. She hold sort of hold her own against supes even though she was holding back which is more than any top tier can do.

Give me striking feats for hulk then.

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: I disagree with most of your post but I'm to tired to go through it and yeah Tonys armor is made of that alloy, he stated so in the end of Ironman 1

If that's true about Diana's sword then Ares can most likely melt Tonys armor unless he keeps his distance but why would he wish no knowledge, Tony is at a disadvantage then

LeonardSnart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: knocking back regular humans that are 20 feet away with the shockwaves of your pounches is something Diana hasn't displayed, you asked me to give you Hulks striking feats and I did and being the only person claiming PIS in that leviathin fest doesn't help your case

I'm not willing to debate common knowledge with you, go to those threads where Diana is getting stomped without gear and debate for her

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ares would destroy Tony, what is this?

Avatar image for saint_of_origin
Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lan_fan said:

Ares would destroy Tony, what is this?

How?

TK that isn't going to damage Tony's suit?

Making swords to break against Tony's armor?

Lightning that Tony's suit is just going to drink up like a refreshing energy drink?

Pyrokinesis that isn't shown to be hot enough to hurt Tony's suit at all?

Meanwhile Tony can just use his nanites to overwhelm Ares with more firepower than he's ever been presented with.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Saint_of_Origin

@lan_fan:Honestly this fight is lost for Ares because none of his techniques are going to overwhelm Tony's suit enough to cause it to lose nanites faster than it can replace them, and Ares is eventually going to get whittled down by Stark's attacks. Most of these are from inferior suits that have way less firepower, so his current suit should be able to replicate the feat and more, but they would do enough damage to Ares, that when you add them to everything Iron Man will be throwing at him, he'll eventually go down.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clownprinceofcrime1995: knocking back regular humans that are 20 feet away with the shockwaves of your pounches is something Diana hasn't displayed, you asked me to give you Hulks striking feats and I did and being the only person claiming PIS in that leviathin fest doesn't help your case

I'm not willing to debate common knowledge with you, go to those threads where Diana is getting stomped without gear and debate for her

She hasn't been in a situation where she would be able to that's disingenuous.

You didn't. you've vaguely stated link a video or gif.

It doesn't matter if I'm the only person what matters is that I'm right. Considering your argument is well you're the only person rather than a real counter I think that proves my case.

Link them.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Stark. Ares doesn’t have anything in his arsenal to hurt Stark, but Stark can rush him with a nanoblade hand and cut him up real good.

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4 said:

Still Stark. Ares doesn’t have anything in his arsenal to hurt Stark, but Stark can rush him with a nanoblade hand and cut him up real good.

Ares would just melt it

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares would just melt it

Ares isn't melting anything that can withstand uninterrupted lightning temps.

No Caption Provided

Temperatures up to a max of 30,000K or 53,540F. Even if you lowball this feat to hell, Ares' max "melting" feat would be at best iron (higher melting point than steel), which has a melting point of 2750F. Ares is not melting the armor from the first Avengers, let alone IW.

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FaradaySloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares still wins.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By plotweapon16255

Ares, he casually ripped him apart or crush him or melt him or TP him etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4: same power stone that was coursing through drax, rocket and nebula or didn't damage strange? Sure mate

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4: same power stone that was coursing through drax, rocket and nebula or didn't damage strange? Sure mate

Mmmm nope. Same stone, different attacks. Closest equivalent to the attack that was used on IronMan was this:

No Caption Provided

Nice strawman though damme, try harder next time :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9
deactivated-5d731ee5de2e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4: lol...you can't actually be serious. You are desperately reaching now. Next you'll claim iron man is planetary

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rl4: lol...you can't actually be serious. You are desperately reaching now. Next you'll claim iron man is planetary

How is that reaching? Thanos didn't hit anyone else with a sustained beam. Only Tony. And the attack shown in the GIF is a beam as well, though not nearly as sustained. I fail to see how it is reaching.

haoalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are you talking about??

This ends in a stalemate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bdfefecea198
deactivated-5bdfefecea198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares is like Maw with Cull's physicals and more fighting experience. He should stomp Tony.

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 killbilly  Moderator

that bolt was god level magic so your point is moot

What the hell does this even mean? The title of the person utilizing an ability doesn't matter. Only the power its shown to have behind it.

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares is tougher and can tk Iron man, he should win mid to high difficulty.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this thread is full of plain stupidity, yall really think iron man can beat ARES?! especially if he assembles his true form , then who's killing him? the only person who can physically kill him is WW (who was born for that exact reason) and his brother Zeus (who obviously kill anyone who chooses to)

RL4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By RL4

@DammeFavour said:@rl4: lol...you can't actually be serious. You are desperately reaching now. Next you'll claim iron man is planetary

Excellent strawman Damme! Or maybe you could just and understand that it's a more nuanced feat than you're willing to accept, and that usage of the powerstone, like ALL the infinity stones, by feats can be variable. Seriously, this should be obvious to anyone with a brain stem bud.

Reality stone used by Melthith has different affects compared to how Thanos used it. Same with Loki's use of the mind stone and Vision's, Same with Ronan's use of the power stone and Thanos's. Maybe try understanding that each stone's use is not universal, but variable, and that individual feats should only be compared to COMPARABLE applications of the stones, *Shocking* right? Try harder next time :)

clownprinceofcrime1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_of_origin said:
@clownprinceofcrime1995 said:

Ares would just melt it

Ares isn't melting anything that can withstand uninterrupted lightning temps.

No Caption Provided

Temperatures up to a max of 30,000K or 53,540F. Even if you lowball this feat to hell, Ares' max "melting" feat would be at best iron (higher melting point than steel), which has a melting point of 2750F. Ares is not melting the armor from the first Avengers, let alone IW.

Apart from the sword was magical and ares instantly vaporised it (with magic) without effort. Also Steel can have a higher melting point that iron depending on the alloy.

Saint_of_Origin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apart from the sword was magical and ares instantly vaporised it (with magic) without effort. Also Steel can have a higher melting point that iron depending on the alloy.

Okay, vaporizing a magic sword with magic isn't a quantifiable feat. We don't know the effectiveness of God magic on anything else. And okay, yes technically steel can have a higher melting point. My point I was making is Ares isn't melting Iron Man's suit when an inferior suit was able to take the heat of sustained lightning.

GraniteVision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ares in a good fight