Posted by GeorgeWBush (11550 posts) 9 months, 18 days ago

Poll: DCEU Ares vs. Bleeding Edge Iron Man (193 votes)

Iron Man 51%
Ares 49%

Nano Tech Iron Man as of Infinity War

Fight takes place on the German airfield where Ares fought Diana

No Caption Provided

VS.

No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by Laurus (1545 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man, mid difficulty.

#2 Posted by Helloman (28525 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man wins.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
#3 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (17143 posts) - - Show Bio

How does he kill Ares

#4 Posted by thanosii (3117 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by sladerulez (10000 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares is too tough.

#6 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares wrecks in so many ways, not to mention Tony can’t even hurt him.

Spite.

#7 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

How can Tony not hurt him? The blast that killed Ares was small less than building level...

#8 Posted by Richard96 (5632 posts) - - Show Bio

The tony wank...

Ares ragdolls him

#9 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (17143 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii said:

@ancient_0f_days: cuts his head off

Next....

How can Tony not hurt him? The blast that killed Ares was small less than building level...

It was the same blast that Ares shot at Diana but was reflected back, that bolt was god level magic so your point is moot

#10 Posted by Archangel01 (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares should easily win,dude was versatile as fck(teleportation,telekinesis)

#11 Edited by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: it was still weak we saw the blast, and Tony can do better.

You talk about moot points like you know something but your reasoning is "magical energy" I guess Wanda and Strange solo DCEU because they have "Magical Energy"

#12 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (17143 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: it was still weak we saw the blast, and Tony can do better.

You talk about moot points like you know something but your reasoning is "magical energy" I guess Wanda and Strange solo DCEU because they have "Magical Energy"

Apparently not since a god with the magic of Zeus couldn't kill Wonder Woman, meaning Wanda and Strange get soloed by one person (by your logic).

Tony can't do better unless you prove he can kill someone as durable as Ares.....

#13 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (4090 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Ares taking the majority. I personally have Ares as more powerful than Step (albeit less durable). The only reason Diana beat Ares is because she was literally created to do so, and had the exact power set needed to kill him.

#14 Posted by Eobard21 (4585 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares

#15 Posted by GateOfBabylon (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

Any reason Ares can't crush Tony in his own armor? He has shown telekinesis/magnetic abilities.

#16 Edited by Tenguswordsman (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony wins.

Strength. Ares is arguably stronger than Wondy, who is a 30 tonner. Tony staggered Cull with a punch. The same Cull could overpower the Hulkbuster armor. He smashed a scycraper sized monument into Thanos (Though the gravity on Thanos was a little weird, but still). He also staggered Thanos with his combo attacks of hammers, blades and other melee weapons, which is a pretty good feat, considering Hulk, who sneak attacked Thanos, was doing about the same thing. Plus, he made Thanos bleed, the same Thanos who was not pierced or phased by vibranium blades of Cap. So, it is very likely that Tony is as strong, or stronger than Ares + can damage him with piercing weapons if blunt force does not work.

Speed. I do not remember Ares having any noticable speed feats, of course except scaling from Wondy. Now, Wondy is definetly a bullet timer (though DCEU Fanboys do not know that around half of her feats are aim dodging). But Tony has some pretty good reaction feats like dodging falling meteors, power gem blasts, rockets and lasers. So, he should be at least sorta comparable to Ares in reaction speed. But in actual speed Ares is outclassed. Ares can slowly fly. Tony can actually fly pretty damn fast, Mach 10 fast, so he should outmaneuver Ares. And to people who think that Ares speedblitzes: "During the fight with Wondy, Ares almost never moved, he just used his powers, stood in one place or slowly hovered around. He never displayed the capability to speedblitz anyone, he only somewhat matched Diana in reaction speed, not even combat or travel speed. To say he can speedblitz is stupid!"

Durability. The biggest advantage Tony has. Ares can stake some hits from Wondy, but that is about it. Tony took repeated hits from Thanos, the same Thanos who overpowered Hulk. He was launched at least a city block, through a building and a park by Ebony Maw, but was fine. He tanked energy blasts from the soul stone. But his shields are the highlight. The took a hit from Cull, the Hulkbuster owner + a blast from power stone. Now, of course it was likely not a planet busting attack, but this feat is downplayed. Thanos with this power gem could easily smash Thor's head, and completely destroyed a scyscraper sized monument Tony threw at him. But I did not mention da real feat Tony has - he took a friggin building sized meteor to the face and was not that hurt. Some people say thar the meteors were just teleported from the destroyed moon, which can be the case, but the clearly moved fast enough to catch fire, which means their speed was still insane. This feat shits all over anything Ares, or most DCEU characters can do. Oh, and one more thing. Tony has actually solid piercing durability. Cull tried to slice the suit with his axe, but Tony was not really affected by this. Yeah, Tony wins in the durability category, Ares likely cannot do any long lasting or truly meaningful damage to Iron man. Some might say that Ares can create that armor, but the armor was just made of earthly metals, which can be easily melted by almost any weapon in Iron man's arsenal.

Energy projection. Ares has lightning which can destroy very small buildings. Alright. Tony's repulsors can eaily send Cull flying a pretty big distance and hurt him. His lasers can cut through alien metal and harm Thanos. His missiles can blow up alien ships. His micro missiles were slightly staggering Thanos. And he has his Unibeam, which should be much more powerful than his repulsors. Overall, in pure destructive power they are about equal, though Tony has more flexiblity and versatility.

Telekinesis. Arguably Arese's strongest category. He could manipulate WW with his TK pretty easily. But this is likely not gonna work that well against IM. First, he never actually crushed or really damaged Diana with his TK, mostly kept her in one place. So, Tony, who has much better durability than Wondy, would likely not feel any damage, he would just not control his movement. And his suit is a great counter to TK, as it can change it's form and weapons simply by thought. So, IM, who is held by TK, can just create several repulsor cannons with his mind, shoot Ares and break free of TK. And don't say that Ares can harm IM by throwing stuff from range. Ares did not use TK on a scale good enough to even hurt IM.

Other. Naninte suit has extremely good regeneration, to the point where it can regenerate a helmet and other areas of the body in seconds. The only setback is that requires a constant supply of nanites, which can end, but that is not likely to happen. And the suit can make medical sprays that can heal Tony from a big stab from his own blade in a pretty short period of time. Tony is also much more of an intelligent fighter than Wondy or Ares, so he would fly around the God of War, constantly spamming repulsor blasts, lasers, rockets and occasionally doing some melee attacks for further effectiveness. This tactic will work against Ares pretty well. Ares has his thermokinesis, but I am not sure it will work for several reasons. His suit can fly from escape the Earth's gravitational pull and fly to space from Earth in a couple of seconds, so he should be resistant to high temperatures. Some of his earlier suits have shown to be fireproof, so this makes sense. But even if his suit is somehow magically damaged by thermokinesis, this suit has freeze spray guns, which can cool any temperature Ares creates. And Ares does have TP, but he has never done it midcombat, so it really would not come in handy in this fight. And IM is just that much more versatile as a fighter, he has a lot of options for melee and ranged combat, options which would surprise Ares and would be strong enough to contend with or overwhelm the God of War.

Basically, Ares loses to IM in almost every aspect, and where he wins, it is not that important and that can be countered by IM.

So, yeah, I made a detailed logical analysis why Tony wins this fight. Looking forward to DCEU fanboys saying all I wrote is pure wank and that Ares shitstomps IM into the ground.

#17 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenguswordsman: Lmao at that delusion filled wank post.

What stops Ares from simply crumpling his metal like a can? Last time I checked Iron Man's armor is made of metal, Ares can TK metal.

No Caption Provided

Ares literally just crumples his armor, teleports behind his back, uses invisibility, TPs his mind. There are so many ways for him to win.

#18 Posted by TonyMartial (8840 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by hulkuberstomp (1791 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares

Iron man can not put him down

#20 Posted by Tenguswordsman (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Show me Ares manipulating nanites and then I might think about him TK-ing IM. And show me Ares overpowering Stark's control over these nanites, that would be nice.

And Ares never displayed direct mind control, he showed Diana some illusions and that is it. He told that he manipulated the mankind during it's history, but the circumstances are never told or shown, so it is unknown if he can actually use it midcombat or even if he has any mind control powers whatsoever.

And IM can thermal scan Ares, invisiblity would not work.

#21 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenguswordsman: I'm not sure why the nanite specification makes a difference, his armor is metal. Ares can TK metal, he can also TK him so it doesn't make a difference either way.

He controlled the course of wars for 7000 years. He mind controlled countless world leaders, and was shown influencing Dr Poison and Ludendorff mentally.

Ares is a God of War. I'm sure his invisibility is a little more sophisticated than Tony's equipment can handle. That last line just proves how massively outclassed Tony really is here. He has no business fighting a God of War.

#22 Edited by hulkuberstomp (1791 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man can not overpower Ares

Ares is thousand+ tonner,has TK and powerfield.He shattered WW's sword like nothing

IW Iron man is so overrated

#23 Posted by SocaJunkie (8322 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#24 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7136 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares is to haxy he crushes Tony in his own armor he has TK..

People are ridiculously wanking

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#25 Posted by war of light_2814 (2692 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony dies.

#26 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares rips the suit to shreds with TK. LOL at Iron Man's repulsor rays being anywhere near as strong as Ares' lightning that created a giant crater on the ground.

#27 Posted by xZone (10339 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Tenguswordsman (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Well, Ares can try to TK the suit, but it is debatable if he suceeds, as I have told you, Tony controls them with his mind, and if Ares TK them, they would respond to TK at first, but then Stark manipulates them and then the TK tug of war happens. It really is interesting how this situation would play out.

And can Ares affect Ton in his suit? I don't believe he has shown the ability to do that kind of precise TK, though I could be wrong here.

The problem with Ares is that he has a lot of hax powers, but his use of them was covered briefly and undescriptively in the film, so a lot of this stuff is mostly specualtion.

But, yeah, from what I remember Ares is Immortal to regular beings, WW was able to slay the dude due to her Demigodhood, so the fight likely lasts for a very long time, until Tony runs out of nanites and Ares finishes him off in the way he finds most amusing.

#29 Posted by GateOfBabylon (3679 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: Diana has superhuman strength and was entering God Mode. Tony under his armor is a normal human.

#30 Posted by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

ares is too much

#31 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: Ares has less than Building level Durability, Tony has Building level DC. This isn't hard to grasp.

Besides nothing, Ares has can harm Tonys new suit.

#32 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@worldofthunder:

1.) Tag me

2.) I didn't say his repulsors

3.) Giant? The thing was tiny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c60dc252a2af
#33 Posted by deactivated-5c60dc252a2af (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares be like I WILL DESTROY YOU!!.

And Tony dies.

#34 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenguswordsman: Well if that's the case I think Ares wins. His TK is very strong.

No Caption Provided

I also don't see what's stopping Ares from just melting his armor with pyrokinesis.

No Caption Provided

#35 Posted by Archangel01 (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

ares would crush him inside his armour

#37 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: notice how not one did he use TK directly on WW, Toby can blast/Dodge anything Ares throws at him with TK.

#38 Posted by LeonardSnart (2803 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman>Ares unless you haven't watched IW, Tony made someone who effortlessly tanked a beating from Hulk bleed

And Ares never TKed WWs armor so why do we think he TKs Tonys?

#39 Edited by Tenguswordsman (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: Well, as I have already mentioned, earlier IM suits were pretty fire resistant:

Loading Video...

Some of them punched hard enough to melt metal, but the armor itself was fine:

Loading Video...

And the new suit of Tony has freeze sprayers, so I don't see this happening.

Plus, Ares needs to get close to Tony to do this, which could be troubling for him.

His TK is pretty good, but I am pretty sure IM can easily withstand what was shown in the scan, simply better durability.

And about the mind control.

I am pretty sure Tony is somewhat resistant to it, he wasn't affacted by the mind stone, but that is mostly because of the Arc reactor:

Loading Video...

Basically, this is a very long fight and Tony dies only because his nanites will be destroyed over time, while Ares is Immortal and simply cannot be killed by IM. Otherwise they are pretty comparable in power, Tony winning in some areas, Ares winning in his vague hax, which might be useful in the battle.

#40 Posted by Tenguswordsman (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@leonardsnart: Dude, I know, you love Marvel, and so do I, but the thing is - Tony cannot win here simply because Ares is immortal. IM cannot harm him, while Ares will do minimal damage with his attacks, but this damage will add up over time, and eventually the battle ends, when Tony runs out of nanites. But it would be a cool fight though.

#41 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenguswordsman: Immortals can't die, Ares died.

Moot point.

Tony holds a stat advantage in all stats, he wins this. I'm down for a CaV if you are.

#42 Posted by Tenguswordsman (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@malzahaar: You know, Immortal can mean different things. In case of Ares, Immortal means immune to damage done by mortals, like Tony. Wonder Woman killed him because she was a God, daughter of friggin Zeus, that is how it works.

And I agree, IM holds stat advantages, I wrote that long post detailing why I think so. And I still agree with this point. But the stat advantages mean nothing if you cannot harm your opponent. At the beginnig, I too heavily supported IM, but after realizing that Ares is a god, I understood how it truly should end.

What CAV? The victor is obvious. So, unless the Immortality of Ares is removed, it is predictable.

#43 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@tenguswordsman: except 1.) WW isn't a God.

2.) Ares isn't Immortal

3.) Tony wins this

#44 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: notice how not one did he use TK directly on WW, Toby can blast/Dodge anything Ares throws at him with TK.

Wrong, he did TK her when he tried to drop the mass on her.

No Caption Provided

#45 Edited by Tenguswordsman (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

@malzahaar: Yeah, she is not a God, she is a Godess. LOL.

Believe in what you believe, my man, after all, everyone has the right to have their own opinion.

#46 Posted by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by MoTM (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

@malzahaar: Because he's TKing her backwards?

That question is dumb. We clearly see him TK her and try to drop the mass on her when she blitzes. He can just crumple Tony.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c30485311cf6
#48 Posted by deactivated-5c30485311cf6 (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man.

#49 Edited by Malzahaar (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

@motm: But she moved before he could drop it on her, how? How can she move when be TK'd on place?

Yes because he has the feats to crush Toby... 😂