stopped a big wave of water

growled at Superman and tried to rush him

saved some fisherman drowning

survived getting one shot by Superman

drank half a bottle of whiskey scotch?

briefly tried to fight that non name villain Steppenwolf underwater

held Batman up against a wall

had some 'cool' game of thrones conan the barbarian style one-liner jokes

spiked a few Parademons like they were pieces of meat...they are at least stronger than Batman

helped Wonder Woman fight the no-name villain steppenwolf although it was probably Wonder Woman doing most of the real fighting

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
#5 Posted by deactivated-5a84a212043e5 (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

@mermmann: It sounds like you're trying really hard to downplay Aqua man...is that REALLY all he did in the film? Where would you say his physicals are around? Agility? Striking power?

#6 Posted by omriamar (7068 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman was very underwhelming but i think he will win and after his movie comes out he will stomp

#7 Posted by Stefano (2511 posts) - - Show Bio

As underwhelming as aquaman was he wins, Ronan is basically feat less with the power stone

#8 Posted by Richard96 (5571 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan curbstomps

#9 Posted by foxerdes (9864 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

I really thought that Ronan will be an amazing villain after this monologue and scene.

#10 Posted by foxerdes (9864 posts) - - Show Bio

@stefano said:

As underwhelming as aquaman was he wins, Ronan is basically feat less with the power stone

That's not true. He was stomping Drax skill-wise and stat-wise and was said to be above the Other by Gunn, who then again is supposed to be above Loki. He has both feats and in-universe hype for what it's worth.

#11 Posted by SUNMAN (8586 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman.

He fought Steppenwolf well underwater after he had just taken out mere and the Atlantians.

Aquaman is probably a little below Wonder Woman.

Aquaman showed some pretty good durability. Getting crushed into a pillar by Steppenwolf and being okay afterwards. Punching out Steppenwolf and surviving dropping a thousand+ feet from the sky through a building.

I don't remember Ronan doing anything that impressive as hi standard self

#12 Edited by Mermmann (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan feats

No Caption Provided

Ronan kills The Other using a concussive blast from his Universal Weapo

No Caption Provided

Ronan casually stops Drax's attack and forward momentum and sends him flying back to where the attack began, with a simple one armed blow.

No Caption Provided

Grabs Drax by the throat with one hand, and is so strong that Drax cannot break out of the grip. Ronan then no-sells literally all of Drax's punches, save for the final one that bugged him (Ronan) enough for him to get pissed off and body-slam Drax. This body-slam takes Drax completely out of the fight.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ronan proves to be powerful enough to hold an infinity stone directly for a time, and to safely be able to use its power by channeling it through his Universal Weapon. This stone has been shown to almost instantly kill normal people, even killing a large group of people after mere seconds of exposure despite them sharing the power between all of them. Oh, and for good measure, he now has the confidence to directly challenge Thanos

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
#13 Posted by war of light_2814 (2629 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquabro.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf
#14 Posted by deactivated-5b59f8ae5ebaf (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

ronan

#15 Posted by ThunderPrince (6858 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ErickAgl17 (388 posts) - - Show Bio

Based on hype and statements Ronan stomps.

Based on feats, they are both a joke lul. All the feats Mermman said are truth, those are his only feats, they are said in a funny way but those are his real feats, he is below Wonder Woman. However, Ronan feats are kinda funny too, he is stupid enough to get distracted by dancing, and im pretty sure Aquaman can bust some moves so...If Aquaman dances he wins, if not either could win, with mid/high difficulty.

#17 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11307 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan wins

Arthur cant hurt a guy that tanked a ship crashing into him

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#18 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11032 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the movie yet but probably Aquaman. He stomped Drax? Drax was also featless, lol. Skill wise anyways, he has decentish physicals, but that won't help much here...

#19 Posted by EcstaticGrace (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

What did Drax do that was so impressive cause the majority of feats brought up for Ronan are scaling off Drax.

#20 Posted by patrat18 (11728 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan wins

Arthur cant hurt a guy that tanked a ship crashing into him

Sure he can, especially if he just idk stabs Ronan

Avatar image for deactivated-5a220d15cc740
#21 Posted by deactivated-5a220d15cc740 (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

What did Drax do that was so impressive cause the majority of feats brought up for Ronan are scaling off Drax.

Drax rips apart a metal bot with his bare hands
Drax rips apart a metal bot with his bare hands
Drax is able to overpower Groot and break free of his branches
Drax is able to overpower Groot and break free of his branches
Drax overpowers Gamora and pins her against the wall
Drax overpowers Gamora and pins her against the wall

The same Gamora who's capable of this:

Gamora lifts a huge a$$ spaceship gun and walks around while firing it and does not seem to be even bothered by the recoil
Gamora lifts a huge a$$ spaceship gun and walks around while firing it and does not seem to be even bothered by the recoil
Ronan backhands Drax 40+ ft back into a metal wall and he's fine a short while after
Ronan backhands Drax 40+ ft back into a metal wall and he's fine a short while after
Drax overpowers Korath, pins him against a wall and rips off his cybernetic implants from his head with bare hands
Drax overpowers Korath, pins him against a wall and rips off his cybernetic implants from his head with bare hands

The same Korath who was the right hand man of Ronan and who was casually ragdolling Star-Lord before Drax engaged him. The same Star-Lord who has superhuman physicals (at least as far as durability is concerned) on par with Captain America.

Star-Lord gets back up instantly after falling to the ground from like 100 ft at more than 100 mph
Star-Lord gets back up instantly after falling to the ground from like 100 ft at more than 100 mph

Also in AoS, the Kree Vin-Tak who was able to match Sif, and the Reapers, one of whom was able to dominate Hive in a physical contest have showed us that the Kree have far greater physicals compared to humans or even super soldiers for that matter, which makes stomping Korath even more impressive.

Drax gets back up instantly after getting hit by a concussive blast from Ronan's Cosmi-Rod while the other Guardians are still recovering
Drax gets back up instantly after getting hit by a concussive blast from Ronan's Cosmi-Rod while the other Guardians are still recovering

The same concussive blast one-shotted The Other who was stated to be more powerful than Loki by the filmmakers (Although, it was a point-blank hit as opposed to the one in the above GIF).

Drax survives getting hit by Rocket's ship without a scratch
Drax survives getting hit by Rocket's ship without a scratch
Drax smash opens a huge a$$ door and breaks into Ego's palace (or whatever it was)
Drax smash opens a huge a$$ door and breaks into Ego's palace (or whatever it was)
Drax is flung off of trees while tied to a crashing spaceship and he laughs it off afterwards
Drax is flung off of trees while tied to a crashing spaceship and he laughs it off afterwards

This also doubles up as a strength feat for Gamora who was holding on to Drax during that whole sequence, which would require a ridiculous amount of strength that is at least a couple tiers above super soldier level. This feat makes Drax overpowering Gamora even more impressive.

#22 Posted by deltahuman (4969 posts) - - Show Bio

Could go either way. Ronan has good H2H feats. Aquabro has good feats with weapons. They are about even in physicals, Aquabro could be a little higher though. He was holding his own against Steppenwolf, even managed to stab him with his trident once and had durability to survive repeated ragdolling.

#23 Posted by mrtrickster (2867 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman

#24 Posted by SuperGoku17 (7220 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by xtreme1 (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#26 Posted by BabyDarkseid (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

aquaman curbs

#27 Posted by FlashingSabre (3768 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Arcus1 (27607 posts) - - Show Bio

The same concussive blast one-shotted The Other who was stated to be more powerful than Loki by the filmmakers (Although, it was a point-blank hit as opposed to the one in the above GIF).

I will say in regards to this, I read the interview, and unless there's something else stated regarding this, they never really said the Other was actually more powerful than Loki, just that he's "very powerful even in comparison to Loki"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/problem-bringing-thanos-guardians-galaxy-759333

Doesn't change things that much though, just thought I'd mention it

#29 Posted by DarthFallax (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_fallen_lord: I dunno anything about the DCEU, but damn, that was pretty good post.

#30 Posted by Whitelotus59 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

aquman takes this

#31 Posted by GCA (139 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#32 Posted by plotweapon16255 (7338 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan gets stabbed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f
#33 Posted by deactivated-5c531df1eeb1f (1804 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax is hella durable and he was no sold by Ronan.

Avatar image for darkpsychiclord_prime
#34 Posted by DarkPsychicLord_Prime (3895 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan kills him

#35 Posted by deactivated-5a220d15cc740 (2527 posts) - - Show Bio
@arcus1 said:
@the_fallen_lord said:

I will say in regards to this, I read the interview, and unless there's something else stated regarding this, they never really said the Other was actually more powerful than Loki, just that he's "very powerful even in comparison to Loki"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/problem-bringing-thanos-guardians-galaxy-759333

Doesn't change things that much though, just thought I'd mention it

Fair enough. I think I misinterpreted that statement. Seems like what he only meant was that The Other is in the same league as Loki, not necessarily more powerful though, which I always found hard to believe because after all that Loki has survived, I just don't see his head getting twisted like that from that attack.

#36 Posted by deactivated-5a220d15cc740 (2527 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by deactivated-5a220d15cc740 (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_fallen_lord: Shows why this is a mismatch.

I don't think it's a mismatch though, Arthur also tanked hits from Supes and Steppenwolf's axe.

#38 Posted by Khael (15331 posts) - - Show Bio

@sunman said:

Aquaman.

He fought Steppenwolf well underwater after he had just taken out mere and the Atlantians.

Aquaman is probably a little below Wonder Woman.

Aquaman showed some pretty good durability. Getting crushed into a pillar by Steppenwolf and being okay afterwards. Punching out Steppenwolf and surviving dropping a thousand+ feet from the sky through a building.

I don't remember Ronan doing anything that impressive as hi standard self

#39 Posted by dubstepanime (23 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Aquaman would have trouble beating Drax

Drax is hella durable and he was no sold by Ronan.

#40 Posted by mrmonster (14176 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. He was able to hurt Superman and Steppenwolf with his blows.

#41 Posted by minorincon32 (591 posts) - - Show Bio

All those Gaurdian gifs and people still say aquaman. Ronan stomps here. Aquaman doesn't have the damage output necessary to damage him, and Ronan's weapon gives him an advantage.

When did Aquaman hurt superman?

#42 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2848 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan....without the gem!

Avatar image for supremegeneration
#43 Posted by SupremeGeneration (11032 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. Ronan was impressive, sure, in physicals. His biggest call is people saying "he stomped Drax" yet fail to take into account that Drax never hit him, so Ronan has no durability feats. That and Drax has no skill feats, so saying it's a feat of skill is also a bit wrong.

#44 Posted by Amcu (15862 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman. Ronan was impressive, sure, in physicals. His biggest call is people saying "he stomped Drax" yet fail to take into account that Drax never hit him, so Ronan has no durability feats. That and Drax has no skill feats, so saying it's a feat of skill is also a bit wrong.

He looked like he was hitting him to me(Though I don't think that Drax has great striking feats).

Loading Video...

#45 Posted by ThunderPrince (6858 posts) - - Show Bio

Ronan stomps.

#46 Posted by geekryan (3782 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by Royal_Warrior (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

Mismatch

#48 Posted by Heatforce (5701 posts) - - Show Bio

If Ronan has the gem then sure. Since he doesn't then Aquaman.

#49 Posted by Foremostproxy (478 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming Ronan doesn't have the gem, WoG Aquaman's trident can pierce Superman.

Which should probably give him the win.

Drax's feats are mostly durability and not much in terms of strength other than vs Gamorra, who is sort of meh. Like Asgardian mook sort of meh.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#50 Posted by _KingofLatveria (18365 posts) - - Show Bio