Arthur curbstomps

mismatch

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No suit for Erik? Arthur feeds him to the fish.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has his suit

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends. On if you think Aquaman is roughly as fast as Diana.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even if Erik has his suit I'm still going with Arthur.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Does he need to be for this fight?

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Does he need to be for this fight?

Well he needs to be faster than Black Panther by a significant margin. And the way to say that he is is by scaling to Diana.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Well he needs to be faster than Black Panther by a significant margin. And the way to say that he is is by scaling to Diana.

The margin clearly doesn't need to be significant if T'challa stalemated him and actually won that fight due to a fast maneuver. I haven't seen Arthur do anything close to Diana's best speed feat or even her worst to be honest, the best he did was reacting to parademons mid air.....that said, I think his atlantean armor (featless as it may be) and his strength are going to be a bigger factor since it's not like we've seen Killmonger exactly dance around his opponents although he's cable of it.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By anthp2000  Moderator

Wait Erik doesn't even have his suit? Arthur fodderises him.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

The margin clearly doesn't need to be significant if T'challa stalemated him and actually won that fight due to a fast maneuver. I haven't seen Arthur do anything close to Diana's best speed feat or even her worst to be honest, the best he did was reacting to parademons mid air.....that said, I think his atlantean armor (featless as it may be) and his strength are going to be a bigger factor since it's not like we've seen Killmonger exactly dance around his opponents although he's cable of it.

Well Killmonger and T'Challa should be about equal speed wise. They seemed similar in all their fights and they have the same enhancements. If you take tie in comics seriously than T'Challa is a bullet timer. So Aquaman would need to be really really fast to win. Killmonger only needs to land a single attack with his claws or knives and it will probably cut him badly. So I do think it ultimately depends on how fast you think Aquaman is.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman can't be this weak

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait Erik doesn't even have his suit? Arthur fodderises him.

OP says he has the suit. And GeorgeWBush confirmed it in post 7.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 anthp2000  Moderator

@amcu: Then it's just a stomp.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthp2000: Fair enough. I was just noting he has the suit.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

Well Killmonger and T'Challa should be about equal speed wise. They seemed similar in all their fights and they have the same enhancements. If you take tie in comics seriously than T'Challa is a bullet timer. So Aquaman would need to be really really fast to win. Killmonger only needs to land a single attack with his claws or knives and it will probably cut him badly. So I do think it ultimately depends on how fast you think Aquaman is.

Considering the fact that Aquaman's armor took a decent amount of punishment from Steppenwolf's charged axe, I'm sure a single attack won't do it. As for his speed, it's hard to do because he reacted decently against the parademons in mid air. Diana who's arguably the fastest combatant outside of Superman and the Flash was definitely not doing so well speedwise against Steppenwolf, so comparing how fast Arthur reacted in comparison isn't easy. Steppenwolf was super slow too so it doesn't look good for Aquaman's speed, but his suits durability speaks for itself.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days: As far as Aquaman's durability you are right that he took attacks from Steppenwolf. But Vibranium has been able to damage Cap's shield at least slightly. I imagine it will cut into Aquaman and do damage significant damage.

As far as scaling Arthur's speed to Diana. That's kinda my point. If you scale him to Diana speed wise than he wins. If not than he probably loses.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

@ancient_0f_days: As far as Aquaman's durability you are right that he took attacks from Steppenwolf. But Vibranium has been able to damage Cap's shield at least slightly. I imagine it will cut into Aquaman and do damage significant damage.

As far as scaling Arthur's speed to Diana. That's kinda my point. If you scale him to Diana speed wise than he wins. If not than he probably loses.

I'm not surprised it damaged caps shield which is also made of vibranium...considering it was a big ass robot that did the damage I'd be shocked otherwise. However, that armor took no noticeable damage from those attacks and held up better than Aquaman himself. That being said, Killmonger isn't strong enough to cut through that armor and so far I've seen little to suggest Atlanean metal is weak enough to get easily cut when he's even more durable than Cyborg who took a full axe swing to the shoulder and shook it off (he's made completely out of motherbox tech and nanomachines) but still got cut deep enough to almost lose that arm. Just saying, Killmonger wouldn't ever be able to dent Cap's shield like Ultron did, he would be hardpressed to cut through that Atlantean armor especially since antarctic vibranium wasn't referenced in the Cinematic Universe so far.

As for Aquaman's speed, honestly, he and Wonder Woman moved at the same speed when fighting Steppenwolf....I don't know what you take from that...

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arthur

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: looks like he scratched the paint off

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure it did damage the shield. Nothing's really done that before and it looked like it dug into the metal to me.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@amcu: It clearly did no real damage to the shield considering subsequent scenes show no lasting damage, either he buffed out the scratches or they scratched the paint. Or, the studio decided screw continuity and just rolled with the fact that the scratches were just gone throughout the rest of the film without Cap actually doing anything to his shield to restore it.

Either way, none of this is even close to being a viable argument for Killmonger scratching Arthur's armor deep enough or heavily enough to mortally wound him or even graze his flesh....like I said, Steppenwolf cut through Cyborgs shoulder but couldn't even scratch Arthur's armor with multiple hits.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ancient_0f_days:

They clearly make a point of showing that the shield is still damaged at the end of the movie.

Loading Video...
No Caption Provided

And I'd argue that damaging Vibranium at all is enough to cut Aruther's armor. Killmonger might not one shot but he can get through it without having to hit it a huge amount of times.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People on this site have absolutely no idea what to do with Aquaman in battles lol. He is not on the powerhouse level like Superman and Thor but he is definitely above Super Soldier level. He stomps.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

People on this site have absolutely no idea what to do with Aquaman in battles lol. He is not on the powerhouse level like Superman and Thor but he is definitely above Super Soldier level. He stomps.

Not saying that Aquaman doesn't necessarily stomp this fight. But Killmonger with his suit and gear should definitely be above super soldier level as well.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Aquaman in JL clearly showcased some degree of superhuman speed on land.

When he leaped towards Superman at the start of the JL vs Superman fight, when he fought Steppenwolf towards the end, and when he leaped on the speeding Batmobile and then off it.

Going byt that, his also superhuman strength and durability and his Trident that was able to pierce Steppenwolf, he takes this fight 10/10.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killmonger can't do anything to him.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By plotweapon16255

Aquaman

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:
@ancient_0f_days said:

I'm pretty sure it did damage the shield. Nothing's really done that before and it looked like it dug into the metal to me.

Yep it does seem like he scratched the shield. Neverthless, I don't think the claws are long enough to reach any vital organs. Killmonger would have to land a very strong hit in a very vulnerable area, to make any meaningful damage. Since Arthur has several speed and agility feats that make him a good rival skillwise, plus the incredibly ridiculous strength difference, Aquaman's brutal endurance and his training in battle since youth, this is a stomp in his favour.

Trhow the trident in, and considering it can be argued it could pierce PB/Killmonger's suit, this is a mismatch.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sladerulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The trident is stronger than the blade of Athena, feasibly

His armor tanked Several blows from Steppenwolf's axe.

I say he takes this.

Buckwheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu said:

@buckwheat: Aquaman does likely win.

You Sir have my agreement, which is saying a lot.

Avatar image for carminedcmarvel
CarmineDcMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really wish we had more than JL movie to go off of, but featless Aquaman takes this one. Arthur 10/10.