• 95 results
#51 Edited by Nucleon (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

Frankly, I don't see him get past step One.

A better MCU gauntlet for Aquaman should be made of Cap Am/Winter Soldier, Gamora, Black Panther, Drax, Asgard's Warrior Three, Spider Man or the Valkyrie instead of the heavy hitters you suggested.

#52 Posted by Nucleon (2358 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity: Not a bad post but you often gave Aquaman winning because of his, what, speed?

Since when is Aquaman fast, unless for fast travel undersea? The Hulk looks about 4 times faster when he moves.

#53 Posted by Helloman (26784 posts) - - Show Bio

He stops at 1.

#54 Edited by Kevinffinity (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@nucleon: I admit that there have been few inconsistencies but it has been clearly shown that Arthur has fast reaction speed. Arthur isn't fast movement-wise on land. But his reaction speed on land matches his speed underwater. This is proven in Justice League. Steppenwolf proves he has super speed in his fight with Aquaman under water. Steppenwolf is able to react to Arthur easily when he tries to punch him. On land Aquaman is able to fight Steppenwolf as well as he did under water. This proves that Aquaman has at least Mach speed reaction and combat speed on land.

#55 Posted by Noone1996 (10825 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1.

#56 Posted by Supermanthor (10663 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1.

interesting why you think like that ? just curious

Avatar image for eatmore_payless
#57 Posted by eatmore_payless (2547 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears this.

#58 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (3271 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Vision.

#59 Posted by Lord_Titan_ (2319 posts) - - Show Bio

He never gets past 3

#60 Edited by Alavanka (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Hulk. Hulk's hand to hand striking is entirely better than Arthur's. Arthur needs his new trident and water powers for striking comparable to Hulk. Hulk also has better durability. Aquaman might be faster, but not fast enough to offset the advantage in physicality. This is a close fight, but I'm leaning Hulk as Aquaman's low showings against Manta is still on my mind. I cannot for the life of me imagine any scenario in which Black Manta does this to Hulk in CQC.

No Caption Provided

Hard stop at Thor. Thor has way too many advantages. Thor also has better heat durability, blunt force durability, and a flight advantage. Thor's flight gives him a mobility and speed advantage. Add in weather manipulation feats from Thor 1, and Thor can potentially lift Arthur into the skies and render him immobile. The largest advantage Thor has is the massive disparity between their attack power. Thor's striking is simply on a different level. This is Aquaman striking with his water powers enhancing his attack. Thor's striking with a Hulk's giant hammer is already comparable to this

No Caption Provided

Compare this attack to some of Thor's attacks with an uru weapon to channel his lightning. I think what it comes to do is the fact that Thor's lightning massively outclass Arthur's water in destructive power. When you really think about it, Arthur's main power is not even water manipulation. One could make an argument Mera has stronger water powers. Arthur's main power is technically talking to fish, and that's the power the trident majorly enhances. It's almost comical trying to compare this to Stormbreaker channeling Thor's massive lightning blasts. Admittedly the Karathen is formidable underwater, but fish talking is almost useless on land. Anyways, all this comes to the ultimate fact that Arthur cannot match Thor's high end attacks with attacks of his own.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#61 Posted by Mad_Jim (2129 posts) - - Show Bio

Dies at 3.

#62 Posted by DrPepperMan (6145 posts) - - Show Bio

Other than Giant Man I see him losing to everyone here. Though Strange may lose too.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#63 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

Possible stop at 4, stop at 5 after a semi-decent fight.

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#64 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

And this is veryyyy out of order

#65 Posted by eatmore_payless (2547 posts) - - Show Bio

What's stopping Arthur from summoning the Karathen in each in one of them? None. so yeah. He clears this.

#66 Posted by Johndeyvido (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity:

Please I don't see how Arthur is stronger or faster than the hulk or Thor. No chance in hell. The only decent feat he has was lifting the sub underwater. He struggled a bit against BM. Hulk or Thor could basically one-shot BM

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
#67 Posted by justicethorpsylocke (3035 posts) - - Show Bio
#68 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (2782 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Giant Man is massively underrated, he stops there

#69 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2753 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine drops a napalm bomb on him killing him...

#70 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2753 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless: Proof he can do this? What is to stop Thor from using bifrost to planet bust? Outside help isn't allowed anyways...he gets destroyed round 1.

#71 Posted by eatmore_payless (2547 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless: Proof he can do this? What is to stop Thor from using bifrost to planet bust? Outside help isn't allowed anyways...he gets destroyed round 1.

Watch the god damned movie so you can see for yourself the "proof" that you've been asking for. What's stopping aquman from summoning a horde of Trench? OP does not state he can't call upon help from see creatures and besides that is his standard power so you can't literally say it as an outside help. The Karathen Joined Arthur on his mission to stop the war that is being waged by his half brother. Meaning Karathen will, on arthurs command, obey the True king. Does Thors SB performed at world destroying bifrost attack?

#72 Edited by Alavanka (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless said:

What's stopping Arthur from summoning the Karathen in each in one of them? None. so yeah. He clears this.

The fact that the Karathen is an aquatic squid, and the fight takes place above land. The Karathen is as featless on land as Thor is at using the bifrost to planet bust. Even if the Karathen can breathe air, it would not be very mobile. It's mobile in the water because it can swim and move through the waters. On land, it's gotta crawl with its tentacles, meaning any of the Avengers with flight can potentially avoid its range altogether. Defeating the Karathen is not necessary to beat Arthur. They can just target Arthur himself. Thor, for example, can summon a storm to lift Arthur off the ground and take the fight entirely to the skies while the Karathen tries to bat at them with its tentacles from the ground.

No Caption Provided

Thor's range with his lightning bolts is also long enough so that he can launch them from distances the Karathen cannot reach. Thor can launch these bolts at Arthur himself, and the Karathen wouldn't be able to do much to counter it. Especially not if the attack is launched from the skies, like done against Thanos. So there we go. The mobility issues of the Karathen can be exploited via Thor's flight, range, and ability to suck opponents into the sky.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#73 Posted by oceanmaster21 (15181 posts) - - Show Bio

Clears after interesting matches

#74 Edited by Tenguswordsman (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

Firmly stops at 4 if being absolutely generous, could stop much earlier.

#75 Posted by thanosii (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless: what's stopping Thor from doing to the Karathen what he did to the outriders ship that could tank reentry. Or what feats dies it have to tank mountain sized lightning. It was nearly killed by Orms army blasts that couldn't even one shot Arthur

#76 Posted by Amonfire1776 (2753 posts) - - Show Bio

Still loses at round one...Flight and heavy weapons are too much for Aquaman

#77 Posted by TheGerudoKing (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

What even is this thread? Arthur goes down hard to everyone here. He got floored by a simple headbutt from Black Manta. He dies horribly here.

Another decisive win for team MCU.

#78 Posted by Kevinffinity (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@johndeyvido: I believe I already explained how Arthur is faster.

He doesn't need to be stronger if he can stab them. That ofcourse would be dependent on whether or not his trident can pierce them but he definitely has the skill and speed to do so

To be fair, Black Manta was wearing advanced Atlantean technology in their second encounter. The first time was barely a fight.

And either way Arthur has displayed feats to back up everything I mentioned. His speed has been clearly shown as super sonic at least.

#79 Posted by Johndeyvido (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity: no one except flash and Supes has ever fought someone in super speed. WW only did that against German fodder. Arthur has not fought anyone in supersonic speed. BM without enhancement was tagging Arthur during their first meeting or is BM superhuman? His trident allows him to control all marine life and it has not pierced anyone yet and Arthur ain't bulletproof without his armour, so I don't see him beating anyone here except giant man and that depends on if the trident can pierce him.

#80 Edited by pastepotpete1 (3253 posts) - - Show Bio

please , pretty please tell me you are talkig about the already damaged vision from Inifinity Wars who was impaled in the begining of the movie please dont tell me you are talking about a " fresh vision with vibranium body"

is this fight near a farm ??I mean just in case aqua man throws his trident and misses when fighting vision .. he can go ask a local farmer for his pitch fork !

aside from superman .. vision would destroy the whole dceu justice league .. flash may be a nuisance for him but vision would calculate his movement and blast him

#81 Edited by obi-thomas (4 posts) - - Show Bio

you guys are hilarious on this site.

Aquaman takes multiple bullets and a grenade launcher to the face with no problem = nothing

Aquaman gets staggered by Manta in Atlantian tech = ohh see he so week, when will the wank stop lol

War Machine gets slapped - he may be able to wear down Arthur with bombs and missles but no bulles are gonna help him and if Aquaman touches him it's a wrap 8/10

Giantman doesn't stand a chance - he doesn't have the experience, skill, mobility or strength to hang with Aquaman 10/10

Vision is nebulous - Visions phasing makes it difficult to beat. Aquaman's best bet would be getting into the water and outmaneuvering him with his speed and sea creatures. It's possible but i'd give him a 4/10

Scarlet Witch gets stabbed to death - SW is powerful but she is a regular person and her powers way outweigh her actual combat ability. Aquaman has the advantage in everything except energy projection and potency, so she's getting javelin-ed, punched, eaten or drowned more likely than not. 8/10

Hulk isn't keeping up - Hulk MAY have strength but it's not enough to close the skill gap and them being on the beach that means at severe disadvantage. We've seen what happens when people with actual skill as well as strength fight Hulk. Hulk gets stabbed or eaten by a sea-beast

Ironman - with his IW armor i could see his lasers and other weapons being on par if not more effective as Atlantian tech so i could see him actually beating Aquaman. Aquaman might be able to eek out a win but he lose here most of the time. 1/10

Thor - His star feat puts him on an absolute different level durability wise, take into account his strength and magic he easily puts Aquaman down. 0/10

#82 Edited by Alavanka (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

An interesting note about speed. Iron Man and Thor have shown supersonic speeds in flight before. Iron Man in his first movie went supersonic. In the gif below you can see the mach cone that forms when he breaks the sound barrier. There should be no debate on this, as the pilots of the fighter jets that was chasing him stated that Iron Man just went supersonic in this scene. With scaling, this should also to apply to the max flight speed of War Machine.

No Caption Provided

Mjolnir also went supersonic in this scene. Obviously gifs have no audio, but if you watch a youtube video of this scene there is actually an audible sonic boom that you can hear when Mjolnir breaks the sound barrier. Thor goes on to catch Mjolnir with his hand in this same scene. You can argue that Thor flying with Mjolnir would slow down the hammer a bit, which makes sense, but Thor's flight is still supersonic as he is creating a mach cone in front of Mjolnir when flying away from Surtur's dragon.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

I do not believe Arthur will have a definitive speed advantage against Thor, Iron Man or War Machine. Especially not once they are in flight. He can potentially outpace them in hand to hand, but that is a separate discussion that requires its own set of feats. It should be noted that Arthur was tagged by Manta. Atlantean steel might make Manta stronger, but it shouldn't grant a massive boost in speed.

#83 Posted by Kevinffinity (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@johndeyvido: I think it's been clearly shown that Arthur has super speed underwater. Both in terms of movement and reaction (otherwise he wouldn't be able to maneuver). He fought Steppenwolf under water and on land with similar difficulty. I think that's as clear as it can get that Arthur has super speed.

Diana fought Doomsday who was fast enough to catch Supes mid flight and react to him even after he had charged up (before he flew back down after being nuked).But regardless, even without this, the previous paragraph is enough. Arthur doesn't need to be scaled to Diana to prove he has super speed.

#84 Posted by jayc1324 (26318 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at round 1, War Machine carpet bombs tf out of him. Explosive hurt him and he was burned by Black Manta's plasma gun

#85 Posted by JDogg (648 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching the movie multiple times, I'll give my opinion. I'll pit him against each character individually.

War Machine - Aquaman could potentially win even without his trident. He has the speed, skill and arguably the strength advantage. Assuming they start out close range, he could take out War Machine quickly. It would take multiple hits but War machine would likely lose.

Giant Man - He could also knock out giant man. He probably wouldn't need the trident for this one either.

Vision - Vision should be much higher up on the list. It depends on whether Arthur can stab Vision. If Arthur combines his speed, skill and trident he could win. Especially considering how easily Thanos did it with pure strength. Arthur is a lot faster though so I'd give him a 60% chance of winning.

Scarlet Witch - If they're close range the Arthur could one shot but if they start out at a distance then he'd probably lose.

Hulk - Arthur's trident could probably pierce Hulk. Arthur is also almost as strong and significantly more skilled.

Ironman - Assuming he is in the Infinity War Amour, Arthur would probably win close range due to the difference in speed and lose long range. Arthur's trident could probably pierce the armour.

Doctor Strange - Arthur has a chance at close range since Doctor Strange isn't that fast. But would lose long range.

Thor - Depending on whether his trident can stab Thor. Arthur is probably faster and arguably more skilled. Thor is stronger and more durable. But at close range I'd give Arthur a 40%-60% chance.

The movie really showed off Arthur's skill, strength and durability. He also got a boost thanks to his trident. I don't think there was anything he did speedwise that wasn't shown in JL. He also showed off his marine telepathy but that would only come in handy if they fight close to a water of body.

#86 Posted by Noone1996 (10825 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone1996 said:

Stops at 1.

interesting why you think like that ? just curious

Having a difficult time seeing Arthur get past something like this:

No Caption Provided

Due to the submarine fight scene where he was stomped by human made explosives.

#87 Edited by Alavanka (1983 posts) - - Show Bio
@kevinffinity said:

@johndeyvido: I think it's been clearly shown that Arthur has super speed underwater. Both in terms of movement and reaction (otherwise he wouldn't be able to maneuver). He fought Steppenwolf under water and on land with similar difficulty. I think that's as clear as it can get that Arthur has super speed.

Diana fought Doomsday who was fast enough to catch Supes mid flight and react to him even after he had charged up (before he flew back down after being nuked).But regardless, even without this, the previous paragraph is enough. Arthur doesn't need to be scaled to Diana to prove he has super speed.

Arthur may have super speed, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's faster than Iron Man or Thor, both of which are supersonic in flight. Arthur was also tagged by Black Manta, both with and without the armour. So even against opponents without supersonic flight, Arthur is not so fast that he can avoid every shot.

No Caption Provided

Arthur also doesn't scale towards Diana, because Steppenwolf doesn't scale towards Diana. Diana is not fast all the time. Sure she has moments where she is super fast like the bullet scene, but those are specific moments which are shot in slow motion. The above gif shows Steppenwolf and Diana trading a series of blows. Look in the background, and you can see the parademons hovering around them. Unless the parademons are also moving around back and forth at supersonic speeds, we know that Diana and Steppenwolf are moving at relatively normal pace here.

#88 Posted by Kevinffinity (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: I mentioned earlier that Arthur doesn't need to scale to Diana to prove that he has super speed. Yes, Arthur is atleast super sonic due to the fact that he creates sonic booms under water. Not just movement speeds like you mentioned ironman has in flight but also reaction speed and that's at the bare minimum. Tony has to react to things but Arthur's reaction speed is atleast Mach speed (which is above that of a human). If they start out close range and Arthur's trident can get through Tony's suit then he is dead. Thor too.

#89 Edited by Alavanka (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity said:

@alavanka: I mentioned earlier that Arthur doesn't need to scale to Diana to prove that he has super speed. Yes, Arthur is atleast super sonic due to the fact that he creates sonic booms under water. Not just movement speeds like you mentioned ironman has in flight but also reaction speed and that's at the bare minimum. Tony has to react to things but Arthur's reaction speed is atleast Mach speed (which is above that of a human). If they start out close range and Arthur's trident can get through Tony's suit then he is dead. Thor too.

I don't recall Arthur ever creating a shockwave through his movement alone. I'm watching his fight with Orm right now, and I only see shockwaves when he and Orm collide spears. Creating a shockwave in this fashion doesn't necessarily mean that you are moving at supersonic speeds. Thor creates a shockwave here by striking Malekith.

No Caption Provided

Here Hulk and Hulkbuster armor create a shockwave by colliding fists.

No Caption Provided

I mean, if we're saying that anyone that can create a sonic boom by colliding powerful attacks has supersonic reaction speed, then Hulk should have supersonic reaction speed all by himself. He can create a shockwave so powerful that it displaces all the oxygen nearby to put out a fire.

No Caption Provided

Again, I am not arguing against Arthur having superspeed, but what feats does Arthur have that outclass Thor and Iron Man in terms of speed? Thor and Iron Man have their own share of supersonic speed feats as well. There is nothing Arthur has done underwater, in terms of speed, that Thor or Iron Man can't replicate on land. In fact, Thor and Iron Man have a flight advantage over Arthur on land, and Thor can neutralize Arthur's movement altogether by sucking him into the air.

No Caption Provided

#90 Posted by Kevinffinity (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@alavanka: I did not mention anything about a shockwave. I said "sonic boom". There's a difference. Secondly, please reread the post (especially the parts about reaction speeds).

#91 Posted by Tyger (409 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at one

#92 Edited by Alavanka (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity said:

@alavanka: I did not mention anything about a shockwave. I said "sonic boom". There's a difference. Secondly, please reread the post (especially the parts about reaction speeds).

Sonic booms are the audio you hear from a shockwave.

Arthur created shockwaves when he clashed spears with Orm, meaning the collision of their spears had enough energy to pushed the water around them to move at supersonic speeds. This doesn't necessarily prove that Arthur or Orm were moving at supersonic speed. I have shown you 2 examples of above of subsonic collisions creating shockwaves, and they are visually indistinguishable from the way Arthur and Orm create shockwaves. Arthur didn't create shockwaves simply by swimming through the water, which would be similar to how a supersonic plane does so.

#93 Posted by death4bunnies (363 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity: @alavanka:

I’m gonna have to agree here. I just rewatched the scene and the “booms” seem to be made only upon collision rather than the “sonic boom” made by breaking the sound barrier.

In combat speed both Thor and Ironman have shown better reaction time.

#94 Posted by Kevinffinity (107 posts) - - Show Bio

It's literally impossible for Stark to have faster combat speeds unless he got a super human brain at some point. I'm yet to see Thor clearly fight at Mach speeds.

Anyway you can clearly see Arthur's speed. We know he can move, react and fight at super speed. I don't think it could get anymore clear. If you still refute that then I guess I can't change your mind. We also know he is more skilled (at least based off of showing) than Thor and Tony. We know that there's a good probability that his trident can pierce them.

#95 Edited by Alavanka (1983 posts) - - Show Bio

@kevinffinity: Stark has a supercomputer AI built into his suit, but I digress. You can change our minds. By showing us clear evidence where Arthur's speed outclasses Thor's or Iron Man's. Reiteration is not evidence. I understand that you have told us that Arthur has a speed advantage over all the Avengers. I'm asking you to prove it. Here are links to the best videos I can find of Arthur and Orm's 2 fights: First fight and Second fight (part 1 of 5). For the 2nd fight, there are more videos by the same dude. Please just point towards a moment in the 2 fights where you think Arthur shows a speed feat that outclasses everything in the spoiler tags below.

• These are some of the reaction feats Iron Man and Thor has.

Iron dodges a tank round and returns fire with his own missile
Iron dodges a tank round and returns fire with his own missile
Thor blocks chitauri fire
Thor blocks chitauri fire

• These are Thor's blitzing feats.

Thor blitzes Malekith into the breach and creates a vacuum that drags the cars along with them.
Thor blitzes Malekith into the breach and creates a vacuum that drags the cars along with them.
Thor turns himself into a bullet, and flies through the Frost Beast
Thor turns himself into a bullet, and flies through the Frost Beast
Thor flies through an outrider thresher vehicle.
Thor flies through an outrider thresher vehicle.
Thor's blitzes several chitauri, killing them all with his lightning.
Thor's blitzes several chitauri, killing them all with his lightning.