8. Thor

the rules

• Takes place on a beach
  • in character

#2 Posted by Emanresu_20 (2731 posts) - - Show Bio

You need to swap 1 and 2

Avatar image for darthvaderrocks
#3 Posted by darthvaderrocks (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently Aquaman can't tank bullets and they penetrate his skin. He also can't fly so he legit could lose R1 since War Machine's firepower is insane.

#4 Edited by el-kun (359 posts) - - Show Bio

D only person I see him beating ,no wanking and jobbing both sides is giant man, swap 1and 2 and he stops at 2since Atlantans can't take bullets

#5 Posted by GraniteVision (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at Vision

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#6 Posted by americanspeeddemon (7123 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1. 3-8 all stomp him.

#7 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

People wanking Aquaman gees.. Stops at one, he’s less powerful now than he was perceived to be pre movie...

X

#8 Posted by GraniteVision (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

People wanking Aquaman gees.. Stops at one, he’s less powerful now than he was perceived to be pre movie...

X

He still stomps War Machine in h2h.but loses if WM could use guns

#9 Posted by uugieboogie (13023 posts) - - Show Bio

War Machine could possibly take him down with enough fire power.

#10 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitevision: This isn’t H2H, Also, WM can pick up a tank pretty easily, still not seeing aquaman having better lifting feats on land

X

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#11 Edited by plotweapon16255 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@granitevision: This isn’t H2H, Also, WM can pick up a tank pretty easily, still not seeing aquaman having better lifting feats on land

X

Who said he stats chances in land?

#12 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@plotweapon16255: The fact that he struggled with a concrete pillar, or so I’ve been told

X

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
#13 Edited by plotweapon16255 (7504 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@plotweapon16255: The fact that he struggled with a concrete pillar, or so I’ve been told

X

He was burnt, injured & stabbed by BM seconds ago!

#14 Edited by ANTHP2000 (25823 posts) - - Show Bio

He must have gotten an amazing boost to get past 1 or 2. I cannot imagine what in the world happened to get him further than that, although he might have a shot against the Hulk.

#15 Edited by KingLouie (2994 posts) - - Show Bio

How can you have over 20,000 posts and be ignorant? ^

#16 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11586 posts) - - Show Bio

Loses to all

#17 Posted by Ashrym (2832 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthp2000: Not so much a boost as a lot of people had a preconception of lower power than he was because they equated lack of feats with poor feats instead of accepting scaling.

I want to see the movie for context before getting carried away in any regard. Durability against Suoes punch and Steppenwolf's axe is decent. I expect more context on the bullets because getting knocked back with negligible damage while not wearing his armor isn't bad.

On topic, possibly stops at 1 (due to flight and range), no answer to intangibility and definitely stops at 3.

#18 Edited by ElSebbe (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1.

#19 Posted by GraniteVision (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone: When did WM lift tank?

#20 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@granitevision: Tie-in comic, but even besides that, this armor scales to Iron-man's early armors

X

Avatar image for supermanforever
#21 Edited by Supermanforever (7889 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

X

i watched parts of the movie on camrip just few minutes ago: He is defntly higher than he was before. Though we dont see much of what he does with the trident itself, but his skill, speed etc seem to be more impressive.

So asuming the other combadants cant fight underwater, battle would take on surface and he stops on hulk. What i found funny in the movie was Orm basically telling how they would burng the surface world. yeah judging by their armies capabilties Superman would lolstomp them and send back to the ocean XD

#22 Posted by GraniteVision (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

@granitevision: Tie-in comic, but even besides that, this armor scales to Iron-man's early armors

X

Iron Man can't lift tanks in the MCU with regular armor.Tie in comics are not working,because they contradict to movie showings

#23 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11586 posts) - - Show Bio

He's durable enough to tank lasers, being blasted into rocks and coral, but he gets put down by a random Atlantean special forces guy. Also he was losing every fight until he finally got his trident. Barring his his submarine feat he really hasn't shown much more other than durability.

Everyone here has ranged abilities which he wouldn't be able to withstand, and I've seen zero striking feats to suggest he can harm Giant man or destroy Rhodey's armor.

#24 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

X

Iron Man can't lift tanks in the MCU with regular armor.Tie in comics are not working,because they contradict to movie showings

Prove he can't?

X

#25 Posted by Mister_Surreal (9171 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:

X

i watched parts of the movie on camrip just few minutes ago: He is defntly higher than he was before. Though we dont see much of what he does with the trident itself, but his skill, speed etc seem to be more impressive.

So asuming the other combadants cant fight underwater, battle would take on surface and he stops on hulk. What i found funny in the movie was Orm basically telling how they would burng the surface world. yeah judging by their armies capabilties Superman would lolstomp them and send back to the ocean XD

It was recently confirmed that bullets can kill Arthur. War Machine still wins

X

#27 Posted by CyberpunkCop (2906 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Edited by Mister_Surreal (9171 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by GraniteVision (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:
@granitevision said:
@xzone said:

X

Prove he can't?

X

He struggled with AoU shield transport and he was using his thrusters

#30 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:
@granitevision said:
@xzone said:

X

Prove he can't?

X

For one, that could be heavier for a tank, for two, im asking for a reason as to why the tie-in comic shouldn't be valid here

X

#31 Edited by GraniteVision (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:
@granitevision said:
@xzone said:
@granitevision said:
@xzone said:

X

Prove he can't?

X

For one, that could be heavier for a tank, for two, im asking for a reason as to why the tie-in comic shouldn't be valid here

X

It was not a full weight of it.Only fourth of it and it was his Leg strength and thrusters.

Tie in comics should not be valid beacuse he can lift tank by a barrel and use it as a baseball bat in comics,whyle he struggles under much less in movies.

#32 Posted by Glavene (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at one, lol

#33 Posted by WastelandMan (8780 posts) - - Show Bio

@xzone said:
@granitevision said:
@xzone said:

X

Prove he can't?

X

Rhodey stated he casually lifted a tank in Age of Ultron and there's no reason to doubt his statement especially since he said this to Tony, the guy who built the armor and would know full well if the suit was capable of that or not.

#34 Edited by Rajjar (1768 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU tie-in comics are only non-canon if they contradict what happened on film. If they are about something that didn't happen on film, then the plot is external to the film and is counted as canon.

#35 Posted by FaradaySloth (8531 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 4.

#36 Posted by Matthew660 (1588 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 1-2. Gets murdered in 3 and one shotted at 4.

#37 Posted by geekryan (4254 posts) - - Show Bio

He has a better chance against Giant Man than War Machine tbh. He loses to everyone else.

#38 Posted by TheTruthIII (3309 posts) - - Show Bio

Gets stomped at 1

#39 Posted by Lexj7 (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at 3.

#40 Posted by etriel (512 posts) - - Show Bio

stops at 3

#41 Posted by Lan_Fan (12688 posts) - - Show Bio

He should stop at Vision.

#42 Posted by Subline (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

Stops at War Machine.

#43 Posted by Subline (7024 posts) - - Show Bio

It was not a full weight of it.Only fourth of it and it was his Leg strength and thrusters.

Tie in comics should not be valid beacuse he can lift tank by a barrel and use it as a baseball bat in comics,whyle he struggles under much less in movies.

Iron Man held a 1250+ Ton Ferry together with help from Thrusters.

Loading Video...

That's at very least around 24 times heavier than an average tank, this is just an assumption, but the thrusters should not have so much of an effect on his lifting strength that he's over 20 times stronger with them.

#44 Posted by GraniteVision (3157 posts) - - Show Bio

@subline said:
@granitevision said:

Iron Man held a 1250+ Ton Ferry together with help from Thrusters.

Loading Video...

That's at very least around 24 times heavier than an average tank, this is just an assumption, but the thrusters should not have so much of an effect on his lifting strength that he's over 20 times stronger with them.

Pushing something=\=lifting.Not even close.Iron man can't even lift 100 tons

Avatar image for deutschkurzhaar
#45 Posted by DeutschKurzhaar (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, first off, iron man should not be that high, not at all. he should be moved to 3. I can see vision beating aquaman, but he definitely stops at Wanda

#46 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by GraniteVision (3157 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by xZone (10341 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by KingLouie (2994 posts) - - Show Bio

1 from what I heard.

#50 Edited by Kevinffinity (120 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching the movie multiple times, I'll give my opinion. I'll pit him against each character individually.

War Machine - Aquaman could potentially win even without his trident. He has the speed, skill and arguably the strength advantage. Assuming they start out close range, he could take out War Machine quickly. It would take multiple hits but War machine would likely lose.

Giant Man - He could also knock out giant man. He probably wouldn't need the trident for this one either.

Vision - Vision should be much higher up on the list. It depends on whether Arthur can stab Vision. If Arthur combines his speed, skill and trident he could win. Especially considering how easily Thanos did it with pure strength. Arthur is a lot faster though so I'd give him a 60% chance of winning.

Scarlet Witch - If they're close range the Arthur could one shot but if they start out at a distance then he'd probably lose.

Hulk - Arthur's trident could probably pierce Hulk. Arthur is also almost as strong and significantly more skilled.

Ironman - Assuming he is in the Infinity War Amour, Arthur would probably win close range due to the difference in speed and lose long range. Arthur's trident could probably pierce the armour.

Doctor Strange - Arthur has a chance at close range since Doctor Strange isn't that fast. But would lose long range.

Thor - Depending on whether his trident can stab Thor. Arthur is probably faster and arguably more skilled. Thor is stronger and more durable. But at close range I'd give Arthur a 40%-60% chance.

The movie really showed off Arthur's skill, strength and durability. He also got a boost thanks to his trident. I don't think there was anything he did speedwise that wasn't shown in JL. He also showed off his marine telepathy but that would only come in handy if they fight close to a water of body.