DCEU Aquaman (post movie) vs MCU Thor (post IW)

• 117 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thor in a gigantic stomp

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Alavanka

@ipvman: Thor told Loki that he held back in all their previous fights in the Dark World. "You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you". Even without this quote, it is glaringly obvious that Thor was holding back in the fight because he was shouting "I will not fight you, brother". Clearly he didn't want to hurt Loki. Come on now.

Thor flies high above Aquaman's range in the skies, ragdolls him with a bolt of lightning, and then impales him with Stormbreaker at him while he's stunned. Exactly as he does to Thanos. He can even summon a tornado to lift Aquaman off the ground so that Aquaman has zero mobility.

IPvMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alavanka: I don't recall that. Do you have the scene? Holding back doesn't explain his performance at the end of Thor 1 where Loki had all but attempted to usurp him and Odin and he was outmaneuvered and tagged repeatedly. I think he's superior to Loki but no so much that those fights are irrelevant, not at least in skill.

That's a lot of headcanon and very little in the way of how MCU Thor actually fights opponents 1v1. But entertaining it nonetheless, I don't see his lightning being of use when Aquaman can create a hydrokinetic shield between himself and disperse it, and it only works on fodder. So this ends up in a melee he loses due to Aquaman's superior speed, skill and a piercing weapon that can damage him.

Alavanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Alavanka

@ipvman said:

@alavanka: I don't recall that. Do you have the scene? Holding back doesn't explain his performance at the end of Thor 1 where Loki had all but attempted to usurp him and Odin and he was outmaneuvered and tagged repeatedly. I think he's superior to Loki but no so much that those fights are irrelevant, not at least in skill.

That's a lot of headcanon and very little in the way of how MCU Thor actually fights opponents 1v1. But entertaining it nonetheless, I don't see his lightning being of use when Aquaman can create a hydrokinetic shield between himself and disperse it, and it only works on fodder. So this ends up in a melee he loses due to Aquaman's superior speed, skill and a piercing weapon that can damage him.

The quotes can be found in the scripts, which can be googled. The actual scenes can probably be youtubed. Here it is.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

What part of what I said was headcanon? Blasting with lightning and throwing Stormbreaker is exactly what Thor did to Thanos. Weather manipulation lifting a target off the ground is exactly what Thor did to the Destroyer. If by headcanon you mean anyone with a working head can see that these feats are canon, then yes this is headcanon. Aquaman's water isn't going to stop lightning. Lightning travels through water. Aquaman is literally holding a wet, metal stick.

Avatar image for eternaldarkfury
EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By EternalDarkFury

@ipvman said:

@eternaldarkfury:

What? So Aquaman is going to get more movies, but less feats according to you? Or worse feats? I'm sorry but you're not making much sense here and I don't know why it's so hard to admit something as obvious as a character that has been in six movies where he starred in three is going to generally have more feats than a character who's been in one solo movie and a team up. Pretty easy to understand.

Why not? We have seen it happened. If I remember correctly, weren't DCEU fans throwing a bunch of fits last year because somehow they felt insulted that Wonder Woman seemed nerfed in JL part 1 compared to her BvS or WW looks? I sure do remember. Not saying its imminent but it could happen and if it does there will be no more excuses for it. Iron Man was impressive all the way trough the first Avengers movie then all of the sudden in IM 3 and Civil War he seemed nerfed. just because one character has been featured in more movies doesnt mean the other character featured in less is up to the level of the given other excluding having the necessary feats. DCEU Superman has been featured in 3 films and has a good amount of accountable feats and yet FOX Silver Surfer has been featured in just 1 and people argue he can solo the DCEU lol. Wouldnt change if Aquaman has 6 movies right and Thor would barely be in the first one.

Thor is a jobber because he fights and does well against fodders. Aquaman actually fights high tier beings with good speed feats like Steppenwolf and Orm. So Aquaman has better combat speed and reactions (a given with DCEU characters in non-speed equalized fights), a trident which can and would pierce Thor easily, and good enough energy durability feats to put him above fodder which Thor has no feats of affecting. So yeah I can see Aquaman winning.

Arthur must be a jobber too. He does so well against human lv characters yet when it comes to fighting top tier he gets murked. Steppenwolf must be a jobber too since he was owning Arthur and his buddies until Superman came and owned him the same way Supes owned Arthur with just one punch. Jobber vs jobber. Damn. You go for Arthur no problem with me but I will go for Thor. Better in every category except speed.

Richubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman seemed to move faster in his fights in water but in land both of them moved pretty much normally.

Thor wins because of better stats

Avatar image for deactivated-6078e3dfb955a
deactivated-6078e3dfb955a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternaldarkfury: Dont waste your time with him man. He is Man of the mountain. The biggest DCEU cocksucker.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breaking_brads_void: FYI. That kind of language isn't allowed on CV. Flagged, as a warning. If you're an adult, you should know better.

EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breaking_brads_void: I know who MoTM is. Thanks for the tip. Just giving my thoughts out too Nothing wrong with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-6078e3dfb955a
deactivated-6078e3dfb955a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breaking_brads_void: FYI. That kind of language isn't allowed on CV. Flagged, as a warning. If you're an adult, you should know better.

And you think I care because?.......

@breaking_brads_void: I know who MoTM is. Thanks for the tip. Just giving my thoughts out too Nothing wrong with that.

Well dont. No matter how hard you try, he will be in denial as someone mentioned earlier. He lowballs every MCU character and highballs every DCEU character. Heck he would try to argue for DCEU Batman over Thanos for all we know

EternalDarkFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breaking_brads_void: Bruh, nothing personal but I really dont need advice nor do I need people telling me what I can or cannot reply on here. If that is what he does then so be it. I wont get mad over it. As I said we all share opinions on here and they all count.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5b16d537c03
deactivated-5e5b16d537c03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@breaking_brads_void: You want your time and effort on here wasted because you were banned for disobeying a rule you're more than likely aware of, and thus losing any credibility you might have had? Okay, then.

MaiitoGuy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lockable thread

@emperorthanos-

Shinne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wut?

Avatar image for deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1
deactivated-60957cbcbe0f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ipvman:

You mean the same fight where Thor was yelling “I DON’T WANT TO FIGHT YOU BROTHER”? Also Alavanka already pointed out Thor specifically stating how he has never fought seriously against Loki, even when he has Gungnir.

You really think it was Captain America who knocked Thor back?! Not the impact that leveled a portion of the forest?!

I’m honestly not even going to get into Hulk and Kurse because honestly it is pointless.

You’re going to compare Thor being captured by a plot device to Aquaman getting KTFO and embarrassed in combat by the guard?

Also, in what world was Iron Man more successful against Thor than Black Manta versus Arthur? Are we watching the same movies? Black Manta almost killed him for goodness sake. It is hard to take you seriously and not think you’re trolling saying things like that, my man.

EcoBlitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternaldarkfury: you do know MoTM thinks Aquaman can solo the mcu bar dormammu and celestial right?

Avatar image for the_dark_slayer
The_Dark_Slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor Stomps

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers