Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These two DCAU powerhouses battle it out in a fight to the finish, who will win?

Fight takes place on a lifeless, rocky planet. Both fighters are serious but in character. Starting distance is 15 feet. Victory by ko or death

Round 1: Mongul vs standard Darkseid. No omega beams

Round 2: Mongul vs standard Darkseid. Omega beams on

Round 3: Mongul vs Brainiac-enhanced Darkseid (from the finale). Omega beams on. No agony-matrix

Who wins?

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid wins all three.

Mongul was a serious threat to Superman, but he never brought Big Blue to near death like Darkseid did. In Apokolips Now, Superman barely won against him and that was only because the Omega Beams exploded on Darkseid point blank.

Hell, in their first meeting Darkseid put Supes on the ground just by saying "Hello."

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Arcus1

Darkseid wins all three.

Mongul was a serious threat to Superman, but he never brought Big Blue to near death like Darkseid did. In Apokolips Now, Superman barely won against him and that was only because the Omega Beams exploded on Darkseid point blank.

Hell, in their first meeting Darkseid put Supes on the ground just by saying "Hello."

Loading Video...

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BlackWind
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zaied

Darkseid sweeps. Mongul had trouble with Draaga who is far inferior to Darkseid in terms of.. everything.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: And?

He got out on the ground multiple times by Darkseid. And that fight was nowhere near as hardcore as Apokolips Now. That said my opinion isn't changing. Mongul never presented the kind of threat at Darkseid did.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zaied: he also destroyed Wonder Woman and held his own against a near-bloodlusted Superman

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Physically they were the same. But Darkseid has the omega beam. That gives him the win.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Black_Arrow
@arcus said:

@black_arrow: what about Round 1?

I would call it a tie but since I have given Darkseid round 2 and 3, I will give round 1 to Mongul.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@zaied: he also destroyed Wonder Woman and held his own against a near-bloodlusted Superman

You know who else beat Wonder Woman? Kalibak. He would loose horribly against Darkseid.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid should sweep easily. Clark was trying to throw the fight on War World when he fought Mongul, and Mongul still couldn't put him down.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid stomps

Mongul was beat pretty easily, where as with DS superman had to loosen his morals to win.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Darkseid sweeps all 3 and stomps the 3rd. Mongul is like diet Darkseid.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: have you seen Mongul's second fight with Supes? Superman was about as bloodlusted as he is with Darkseid, and Mongul didn't go down easy at all

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Yes, but Darkseid doesn't really go down at all, and when Superman wins, it's much more difficult for him. Also we don't know how durable Mongul would be to the Omega Beams.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: The one in JLU? Superman beat him fairly unscathed, where as Darkseid always puts a beatdown.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: Superman gave Darkseid a good beat down in Twilight of the Gods. Mongul went down to the Black Mercy

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

Darkseid would anihilate Mongul.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darseid

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All Hail Darkseid

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, probably Darkseid. It'd be a good fight, though. They both gave Superman a serious fight.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Darkseid wins all three.

Darkseid should sweep easily. Clark was trying to throw the fight on War World when he fought Mongul, and Mongul still couldn't put him down.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackwind said:

Darkseid wins all three.

@stormdriven said:

What about their second fight?

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@arcus: superman seemed weakened after the ordeal with the dark heart. that is the only explanation as to why a weakened superman holding back was still playing with mongul.

@beyondergod a chance.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere: Superman didn't look particularly weakened, and he was hardly holding back

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: he was not under the sun, and he was holding back because he did not want to cause the death of billions.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere said:

@arcus: he was not under the sun, and he was holding back because he did not want to cause the death of billions.

Oh you're talking about the war world fight, I thought you were saying he was holding back in his second fight with Mongul

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Van_Cere

@arcus: yeah. the only explanation for the difference between those fights is that. we do not know how long he was under the trance, and how long he was out of the sun. superman gets weakened if he is out of the sun for more than perhaps a day seeing as (for example) he was weakened only after a few days out of the sun in season 1 episode 1-2.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere said:

@arcus: yeah. the only explanation for the difference between those fights is that. we do not know how long he was under the trance, and how long he was out of the sun. superman gets weakened if he is out of the sun for more than perhaps a day seeing as (for example) he was weakened only after a few days out of the sun in season 1 episode 1-2.

Mongul also could have improved between the fights

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: that much? not very likely, it is not like his power come from the sun, or venom.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@van_cere said:

@arcus: that much? not very likely, it is not like his power come from the sun, or venom.

true

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By terry2012

@arcus said:

@terry2012 said:

@blackwind said:

Darkseid wins all three.

@stormdriven said:

What about their second fight?

Mongul Jr was fearing for his life with Superman and the only reason why Mongul got the shot he needed is because Superman had stop to look at his Father and Mother statue to remember what he was fighting for and it calm him down. But Darkseid did not fear for his life when he was fighting Superman. Keep in mind Mongul Jr (although with the Pre Crisis story of Mongul Sr. with minor changes to the story) could not handle a blood lust Superman, Darkseid did. Darkseid have done more damage to Superman than Mongul Jr ever could. Also keep in mind Darkseid fought Orion before Superman and Orion was a match for him while Mongul Jr fought Wonder Woman before Superman whom she was no match for Mongul Jr. She almost broke her hand on his face. On the other hand Superman have no problem of hitting it with no damage to his hand and Mongul Jr face was messed up.

Superman held back when he first fought Mongul Jr fearing that if he did not Draaga planet would be destroy. But when Hawkgirl and Green Lantern (I think it was them correct me if I'm wrong on that one) informed him that was not the case anymore. Superman said now you are mine. But Draaga step in and fought Mongul Jr. That said Superman can take Mongul Jr while he took hits from him earlier on while he was holding back. But when he fought Darkseid for the fist time he could not do nothing to him. The second time they fought Superman went all out on Darkseid while knowing he could die and could only win by deflecting his Omega Beams back at him. That said it all right there.

Superman got his but whipped doing that fight. Mongul Jr never came that close of doing that to Superman. Bottom line. Mongul Jr got spank but Darkseid did not. Superman gave it his all against Darkseid all four times but never had to do that against Mongul Jr. Another saying it all right there. Darkseid was able to use Superman against his own will by brain washing him and turn him against the earth and not by bribing him. Darkseid owned Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl with one shot from the Omega Beams. He took over Brainic and his ship something that Mongul Jr I don't see him doing.

Now with that all being said. This is something different. You should make a thread with Orion anime version vs Mongul Jr anime version.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mongul for the first two, and probably the third.

ElmoHump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ElmoHump

Are you guys ALL forgetting about the Agony Matrix?

EDIT: Nevermind read the OP LOL.

Darkseid still owns all rounds tbh.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By terry2012

@xiix said:

Mongul for the first two, and probably the third.

You joking right? Please tell me you are joking.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012:

There is no Mongul Jr or Sr in DCAU, just Mongul

Superman beat Darkseid and left him for dead in Twilight of the Gods, don't forget about that fight

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By terry2012

@arcus said:

@terry2012:

There is no Mongul Jr or Sr in DCAU, just Mongul

Superman beat Darkseid and left him for dead in Twilight of the Gods, don't forget about that fight

I think there is. Because he said Superman was his only obstacle. Mongul Sr only lost to Superman one time. And there is only one Superman have been an obstacle for because he never over come him or conquer him. And that is Mongul Jr. So he might be a composite of both Mongul's.

Superman did not beat Darkseid and left him for dead in Twilight of the Gods. The fight was not over and Batman got Superman out of there along with Orion with the boom tube. That is when Darkseid called Superman a coward after Batman did that because Darkseid was trap under the rubble. Superman still wanted to stay there and fight some more and was about to die if Batman did not do what he did. I did not forget about that fight I mention that fight in my post. I watched it before I made the post.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012:

There's just Mongul in DCAU, only one

Exactly, Darkseid was trapped under rubble, battered and beaten. Superman was just fine. Supes was gonna kill him when Baman came

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By terry2012

@arcus said:

@terry2012:

There's just Mongul in DCAU, only one

Exactly, Darkseid was trapped under rubble, battered and beaten. Superman was just fine. Supes was gonna kill him when Baman came

Exactly there is only one and that is Pre Crsis Mongul. I check myself. http://www.comicvine.com/mongul-the-elder/4005-90132/ Scroll down to other media. So that was Pre Crisis Mongul all along.

He was not battered and beaten. He was only trap and could have gotten out. Superman was not just fine he was losing first until Darkseid made one mistake and that was putting his feet on superman face knowing that he have heat vision. So that was by plot device. And keep in mind he only use his Omega Beams once while fighting against Superman in that fight. Something that is unusual for Darkseid. Superman was not gonna kill him when Batman came. You have no way of knowing that. The only thing that is there and it is certain if Batman did not came there all three of them Darkseid, Orion, and Superman would have died.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012:

Does it matter which Mongul he was based off of?

Let me ask you, who was winning the fight in Twilight?

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By terry2012

@arcus said:

@terry2012:

Does it matter which Mongul he was based off of?

Let me ask you, who was winning the fight in Twilight?

Yes it does matter because one of them are the better fighter and that is clearly Mongul Sr. Which is the one you are using here. Are you getting mad because I gave you evidence or something? Just asking. Also because he is the one that stand a chance in the first round. I'm not going to sit here and think you think Mongul Jr have a chance against Darkseid. If it was base off him. He would have been fodder just like Kalibak laughing out loud.

Why ask that question when I already told you that in two of my posted? Darkseid was winning the fight until he put his feet on Superman face knowing that he have heat vision which help Superman by plot device to equal out between the two of them and then Batman interrupted the fight. No one won the fight. It is almost the same thing when Superman fought Darkseid again but this time Lex Luther interrupted the fight and we know Darkseid was going to kill Superman had it not been for Lex Luther interrupting the fight with the Anti-Life Equation. That one we knew the fight was over and whom won. But I guess you can say Superman was winning the fight in Twilight of the Gods since it can go both ways.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: this might take you a while. Looks like it is going to take some serious explaining to make him see there is absolutely no connection to mainstream DC and whatever Mongol did in DCU, it is utterly void in DCAU and everything in DCAU is itself. They could make the spectre into a guy who could only do size alternation, standard ghost abilities, and magical abilities on par or weaker with dr fate.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By terry2012
@van_cere said:

@arcus: this might take you a while. Looks like it is going to take some serious explaining to make him see there is absolutely no connection to mainstream DC and whatever Mongol did in DCU, it is utterly void in DCAU and everything in DCAU is itself. They could make the spectre into a guy who could only do size alternation, standard ghost abilities, and magical abilities on par or weaker with dr fate.

Did you over read my posts? I said which version of Mongul the DC Anime Universe was using. I never said it have something to with the comics. I equally said it had some minor changes to the story. For example. It was not Wonder Woman in the comic that got the Black Mecry off Batman and then put it on Mongul Sr it was Robin. But in the anime they did not put Robin in there ( and I do not remember him ever being in the Justice League Unlimited series) it was Wonder Woman that got it off Batman then put it on Mongul Sr. It is common knowledge that the comic version are different from the anime version. Did you even look at the link that said which version they used in the anime? You could have save your comment. You misunderstood what I am saying. How about I say they base Mongul off Pre-Crsis Mongul. Is that better wording?

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid all rounds. With beams it isnt even a contest.

Van_Cere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers