DC vs. Marvel: Street-Level Team Battle

Temudjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Temudjin

So... I had an interesting discussion with a friend that brought up this scenario. What if a handful of some of the best street-level/non-meta-human characters in DC and Marvel had to face off against each other in a gladiatorial match, taking into consideration things like leadership and team dynamics?

Specifically, with the following characters:

Batman, Green Arrow, Bronze Tiger, Nightwing, Lady Shiva
Batman, Green Arrow, Bronze Tiger, Nightwing, Lady Shiva
Captain America, Hawkeye, Shang-Chi, Daredevil, Elektra
Captain America, Hawkeye, Shang-Chi, Daredevil, Elektra

Each team selects a "leader" by virtue of merit; Batman, for the DC team, and Captain America for Marvel. No prep time, no prior knowledge on who they are fighting against. However, members of each team are given a telepathic link to each other, so they may seamlessly communicate regardless of how far they are.

Scenario 1: Battle takes place in a walled-off futuristic abandoned city, 4 square km in area. This "arena" consists of many run-down buildings and urban elements, including a few standing skyscrapers, and contains benign jungle flora that's grown out due to centuries of abandonment. Everyone gets their standard equipment.

Scenario 2: No standard equipment, and no special costume-specific features. However, the battle now takes place in a smaller, sealed off coliseum, with medieval/feudal weapons such as swords, axes, shields, throwing knives, spears, and bow and arrows available for the combatants to choose from before entering battle.

Morals are on, but let's raise the stakes and put the fate of their respective worlds in these heroes' hands. They fight with the belief that the losing team has their Earth's entire population wiped out.

Having said all that, how do you guys think this would turn out? What roles do you expect to be assigned to the different characters, and how do you think the characters would 'pair off', if they even decide to do so?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By AllStarSuperman

DC is better and wins

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rolldestroyer

DC wins both rounds, they are too skilled for the marvel team

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By spinningbirdcake

Let's see. I'd pick Cap over Bats, I usually pick Hawkeye over GA, the rest I could see going either way. I'd probably pick Daredevil over Nightwing though. Can you all tell I'm not a huge Bat-Family fan?

Avatar image for age_of_ultron_prime2000
age_of_ultron_Prime2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going with marvel

spiderpool94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spiderpool94

Marvel. Cap takes down Bats and Nightwing, Hawkeye takes out Green Arrow. Electra beats Shiva. Then Daredevil and Shang Chi take out Bronze Tiger.

Wardemon32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Wardemon32

Hawkeye and Green Arrow are about the same. Dare Devil loses to nightwint. Batman beats Captain America he knows more martial arts and trains with the leauge all of the time

Avatar image for theamazingimmortalman
TheAmazingImmortalMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Cap > Bats

DD > NW

Hawkeye > GA

Elektra < Shiva

Shang Chi < Bronze Tiger

but than we also consider leadership abilities and Team Dynamics while I consider Bats and Cap to be equal as leaders I feel Marvel would have better dynamics than team DC.

Round 1: Marvel 6/10

Round 2: Marvel 7/10

imperiex96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By imperiex96

well i love the bat (check my page) bu cap has some skills and strength so caps wins. i think arrow would definitely beat hawkeye, his speed feats are enough to put an arrow or two in him but i'll post some feats if you don't take my word for it. i don't really know shag-chi but the tiger is a beast and if during the fight with caps batman uses ultrasonics the night wing would win but it depends. because i love elektra and i have read almost all of shiva's showings i would have to go with shiva. and she is a game changer if her and someone else tag teams captain after batman is done with him. all in all i would take dc 7/10 on the first battle and marvel 6/10 on number two. it depends heavily on tactics and how batman used gear and tp link for the first one. But the op says no meta-humans and i don't think captain america is normal or even peak human for that matter considering batman is also supposed to be peak human and using marvels strength scale he is in the lower superhuman strength range

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheAmazingImmortalMan said:

Cap > Bats

DD > NW

Hawkeye > GA

Elektra < Shiva

Shang Chi < Bronze Tiger

Thats exactly how I see it going down.

SirNickTheEpic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil destroys nightwing with stupid ease... cap beats batman in hand 2 hand with ease.... green arrow and hawkeye is 50/50.... and then shang chi and elektra beats the others

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scenario 1: Although I think Marvel has slightly better team dynamics in this scenario I still give a very slight edge to DC. I think they are overall just a hair better and I don't think their team dynamics are so much worse that it would make a big difference.

Scenario 2: I can confidently say that Marvel has the edge in this scenario. Not only is their chemistry better but I think they would be less disadvantaged by the minimal gear. Bats and Nightwing losing their gadgets is a problem. Ollie and Clint losing their gadgets cancels out. Everyone else should be fine.

BladeNB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel wins both rounds

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team DC

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jbourne_32

Marvel both rounds Love the pics though

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel team

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC for both rounds. Batman, Tiger and Shiva just outweigh the odds.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Team DC for round 1.

Team Marvel for round 2.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By godzilla44

Team DC for round 1.

Team Marvel for round 2.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: In round 2, I feel Captain America is the MVP of the whole thing seeing as how nobody has standard equipment. He has the highest combination of physicals and skill in total. I personally would say Steve should be able to defeat a Batman whom has no equipment, and Daredevil would beat Nightwing as well, and would give absolute hell to anyone else on the DC team. I know Shang Chi is a guy running with more hype more than anything, but he can serve as something of a distraction here in my opinion. Hawkeye and Green Arrow are the crappiest fighters here even though both have undergone a little improvement through training though I don't see them being that consequential overall.

I'm mainly backing Team Marvel in round 2 through the combined firepower of Captain America and Daredevil.

cyber_cowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the first scenario is it night or day time? If its night time DC definitely has the edge and it pains me to say that cause I hate batman. But if its during bright plain day I'll give a slight edge to marvel. Cap is the better leader IMO his leadership skills are unparalleled. Bats is a good leader In his own right but nothing like cap and not to mention bats is at a huge disadvantage without prep. He has lost to people with skills comparable to his without prep and then he would turn around, recollect and have an unbeatable plan. And cap is the exact same to bats if we're talking about skill and so cap comes up on top being that he is stronger and faster and matches bats in terms of hand2hand. GA versus HE I would give to Hawkeye considering both of the two's accuracy is at 100% but Hawkeye is the better h2h combatant and we do have to take that into account because they will eventually run out of arrows. Remember that Hawkeye was once ronin and was more than capable of using more one weapon and is no slouch in hand2hand. I'm not saying HE would stomp GA just slightly out edge him for the win. The other people I can't really argue for because I don't read into them other than daredevil having the slight advantage over nightwing being that night wing will have no element of surprise and of the two I think daredevil is a better h2h fighter IMO so don't hold that against me. The only thing I have to say left is that I think iron fist would be a better match up for bronze tiger.

In scenario two again I'm going to give the edge to marvel considering that bats is significantly declassed without his gadgets and all cap has to do is find a shield and he's back at his optimal again which would be no problem considering the environment they're in and the tools given to them it would be very likely he could find one. And Hawkeye can use way more weapons than just a bow and arrow so anything he picks up I'm certain he can be very good with it. I can't say the same for GA and I'm not certain they had bow and arrows in Colosseums. And the rest like I said I can't vouch for so right now 5 out of 10 because this could go either way considering all the factors and this match requires a ridiculous amount of assumptions. But I do prefer marvel over DC so just for the hell of it 7 out of 10 marvel

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By godzilla44

actually I change my mind I think shiva can give the win for round 2 for DC

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round one goes to dc because their equipment is leagues better. DD gets instantly incaped due to Sonics and urban combat is the Batduo's home turf their grappling hooks give them a significant geographic advantage over their outnumbered foes.

Round two should be edged by Marvel because their resident metahuman is arguably a better match up. Shield beats Tiger claws any day, and Shang-Chi is undoubtedly the best swordsman of the bunch.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: In round 2, I feel Captain America is the MVP of the whole thing seeing as how nobody has standard equipment. He has the highest combination of physicals and skill in total. I personally would say Steve should be able to defeat a Batman whom has no equipment, and Daredevil would beat Nightwing as well, and would give absolute hell to anyone else on the DC team. I know Shang Chi is a guy running with more hype more than anything, but he can serve as something of a distraction here in my opinion. Hawkeye and Green Arrow are the crappiest fighters here even though both have undergone a little improvement through training though I don't see them being that consequential overall.

I'm mainly backing Team Marvel in round 2 through the combined firepower of Captain America and Daredevil.

Fair analogy.

I personally think Bronze Tiger can take Captain America while Daredevil is left fighting Shiva or Batman.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28  Edited By GraniteSoldier

I think DC takes this one.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Wolverine008
reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team DC both rounds

joshuagamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

Idk what a lot of y'all are talking about. Batman takes Cap out easily (esp. in scenario 2). Green Arrow would narrowly beat Hawkeye. The Bronze Tiger/ Shang Chi fight could go either way. Nightwing would beat Daredevil and Lady Shiva would defeat Elektra.

Ollietheblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5