DC vs Marvel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@JediXMan said:
@CitizenBane said:

Last 5 events for both companies:

Marvel

Civil War

Secret Invasion

Dark Reign

Siege

Fear Itself

DC

Identity Crisis

Infinite Crisis

Sinestro Corps War

Final Crisis

Blackest Night

As far as recent events go, DC stomps. I'm still trying to get rid of the taste of Fear Itself. Marvel's only good events of late are the X-events, not including Schism.

Agreed. Annihilation and Civil War were good, but that was years ago. Since then, DC has been consistently good.
And what with Comic and mutants events? Age of X was great, the same with Thanos Imperative, both Anihilations or Realm and War of Kings.
super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#802  Edited By super_psycho

1.currently DC

2.DC

3.Tie

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#803  Edited By Postacrat

1. Marvel

2. DC

3. DC

DesertHunter24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#804  Edited By DesertHunter24
@czarny_samael666: Read the whole thread again! I know 40 pages! But there were made special rules for the discussion...otherwise it will always be a stalemate ---> TOAA vs Presence
Rainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#805  Edited By Rainy

MARVEL WINZ!!!!!!!!!11

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#806  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@czarny_samael666

Didn't read Thanos Imperative. I didn't like Annihilation: Conquest or War of Kings. But Age of X, Messiah CompleX, and Second Coming were good.
Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#807  Edited By Saren

@czarny_samael666: If there was an actual battle between Lucifer and the PF, he'd win handily. He's survived creation-busting blasts, while the PF regularly jobs to natural phenomena.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DesertHunter24 said:
@czarny_samael666: Read the whole thread again! I know 40 pages! But there were made special rules for the discussion...otherwise it will always be a stalemate ---> TOAA vs Presence
You're joking that I will.
I don't see any specifications in OP.
TOAA and omnipotent being from DC cancel each other and it comes to next ones.

@JediXMan said:
@czarny_samael666:   Didn't read Thanos Imperative. I didn't like Annihilation: Conquest or War of Kings. But Age of X, Messiah CompleX, and Second Coming were good.

X-comics are currently the best what Marvel has.
Uncanny X-Force, X-Factor, X-Men: Legacy, Gillen's UXM...

@CitizenBane said:

@czarny_samael666: If there was an actual battle between Lucifer and the PF, he'd win handily. He's survived creation-busting blasts, while the PF regularly jobs to natural phenomena.

You're talking about fractions of PF and its hosts. Each host can is limitted only by their imagination and own brain. Anyone can reach Jean's level (WPOTC), which means that each of them can be a Universal level threat and whole PF a multiversal buster. That is why it would win with LM.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#809  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@czarny_samael666

X-Force is excellent. I don't really like UXM. Legacy is good.
TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#810  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@JediXMan: You should read X-Factor.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#811  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@TheGoldenOne said:
Everyone keeps telling me that.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#812  Edited By TifaLockhart

I say DC to the first two. Marvel for #3.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#813  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@JediXMan said:
@TheGoldenOne said:
Everyone keeps telling me that.
Then do it :P
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
@czarny_samael666:   X-Force is excellent. I don't really like UXM. Legacy is good.
Which was Your last issue of UXM? Becuase if it was Fraction one, I am not suprised. 
Gillen stomps Fraction in everything. Just look on Journey Into Mystery and Mighty Thor. First one is really good, while second one is tottally horrible.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#815  Edited By TifaLockhart

I actually am enjoying The Mighty Thor :(

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#816  Edited By ReVamp
@JediXMan said:
@CitizenBane said:

Marvel

Civil War

Secret Invasion

Dark Reign

Siege

Fear Itself

DC

Identity Crisis

Infinite Crisis

Sinestro Corps War

Final Crisis

Blackest Night

As far as recent events go, DC stomps. I'm still trying to get rid of the taste of Fear Itself. Marvel's only good events of late are the X-events, not including Schism.

Agreed. Annihilation and Civil War were good, but that was years ago. Since then, DC has been consistently good.
I'm sorry, WHAT? Which of the last X-Events was good? 
As far as the thread
  1. Marvel but DC got it close
  2. DC in a Curbstomp.
  3. DC.
Avatar image for terminator_worshipper
TERMINATOR_WORSHIPPER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC only because Marvel has sucked lately.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:
@JediXMan said:
@CitizenBane said:

Marvel

Civil War

Secret Invasion

Dark Reign

Siege

Fear Itself

DC

Identity Crisis

Infinite Crisis

Sinestro Corps War

Final Crisis

Blackest Night

As far as the thread
  2. DC in a Curbstomp.
  3. DC.
Second Coming, Age of Axe, Messiah Complex and I would count Messiah War too. Besides, Utopia (Osborn Avengers vs. Cyke's mutants on Utopia).

Besides, about 3:
Marvel easily. 
TOAA, HotU, Nemesis, LT, MJJ-616, whole Phoenix Force, Multi-Abstracts, Chaos King, Chaos War Hercules, Sise-Neg, The Hunger, Insane Genis-Vell, The Vishanti, Slorioth, Nebulos, MJJ-238, The Fury etc.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#819  Edited By ReVamp
@czarny_samael666 said:
@ReVamp said:
As far as the thread
  2. DC in a Curbstomp.
  3. DC.
Second Coming, Age of Axe, Messiah Complex and I would count Messiah War too. Besides, Utopia (Osborn Avengers vs. Cyke's mutants on Utopia).  Besides, about 3: Marvel easily.  TOAA, HotU, Nemesis, LT, MJJ-616, whole Phoenix Force, Multi-Abstracts, Chaos King, Chaos War Hercules, Sise-Neg, The Hunger, Insane Genis-Vell, The Vishanti, Slorioth, Nebulos, MJJ-238, The Fury etc.
AoX was good, but I wouldn't count it as an event, so much as a crossover. Second Coming was horrible. Messiah War is debatable, I'll give you that, but I didn't like it. Only one I can think of in recent history is Messiah Complex, and that was kind of long ago.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#820  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
@JediXMan said:
@czarny_samael666:   X-Force is excellent. I don't really like UXM. Legacy is good.
Which was Your last issue of UXM? Becuase if it was Fraction one, I am not suprised.  Gillen stomps Fraction in everything. Just look on Journey Into Mystery and Mighty Thor. First one is really good, while second one is tottally horrible.
I think it was.... I don't remember the number or arc name. It was the whole arc with the mutant flu or something like that. When that was over, I was like "I'm done. I can't stand anymore BS."

@ReVamp said:
@JediXMan said:
@CitizenBane said:

Marvel

Civil War

Secret Invasion

Dark Reign

Siege

Fear Itself

DC

Identity Crisis

Infinite Crisis

Sinestro Corps War

Final Crisis

Blackest Night

As far as the thread
  2. DC in a Curbstomp.
  3. DC.

I liked Age of X, Messiah CompleX, Messiah War, and Second Coming (DON'T KILL ME! I admit, some of it was fanboyism. I really, really like Bastion and seeing him was just awesome)

@czarny_samael666 said:
Second Coming, Age of Axe, Messiah Complex and I would count Messiah War too. Besides, Utopia (Osborn Avengers vs. Cyke's mutants on Utopia).  Besides, about 3: Marvel easily.  TOAA, HotU, Nemesis, LT, MJJ-616, whole Phoenix Force, Multi-Abstracts, Chaos King, Chaos War Hercules, Sise-Neg, The Hunger, Insane Genis-Vell, The Vishanti, Slorioth, Nebulos, MJJ-238, The Fury etc.
I didn't like Utopia, in all honesty. I like the concept, just not that arc.

Schism just pisses me off.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#821  Edited By ReVamp
@JediXMan said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
@JediXMan said:
Which was Your last issue of UXM? Becuase if it was Fraction one, I am not suprised.  Gillen stomps Fraction in everything. Just look on Journey Into Mystery and Mighty Thor. First one is really good, while second one is tottally horrible.
I think it was.... I don't remember the number or arc name. It was the whole arc with the mutant flu or something like that. When that was over, I was like "I'm done. I can't stand anymore BS."

@ReVamp said:
@JediXMan said:
@CitizenBane said:

Marvel

Civil War

Secret Invasion

Dark Reign

Siege

Fear Itself

DC

Identity Crisis

Infinite Crisis

Sinestro Corps War

Final Crisis

Blackest Night

As far as the thread
  2. DC in a Curbstomp.
  3. DC.

I liked Age of X, Messiah CompleX, Messiah War, and Second Coming (DON'T KILL ME! I admit, some of it was fanboyism. I really, really like Bastion and seeing him was just awesome)

Liking AoX, Messiah CompleX is ok. Liking War is acceptable. Liking second coming is just... no.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#822  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@ReVamp

Bastion.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#823  Edited By ReVamp
@JediXMan said:
@ReVamp:   Bastion.
Venom fans didn't like Spider-Man 3. Ha.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#824  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@ReVamp said:
@JediXMan said:
Because he was crap. Bastion was the good part of SC. He was good.
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ReVamp said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
@ReVamp said:
As far as the thread
  2. DC in a Curbstomp.
  3. DC.
AoX was good, but I wouldn't count it as an event, so much as a crossover. Second Coming was horrible. Messiah War is debatable, I'll give you that, but I didn't like it. Only one I can think of in recent history is Messiah Complex, and that was kind of long ago.
O_O

@JediXMan said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
@JediXMan said:

@czarny_samael666 said:
I didn't like Utopia, in all honesty. I like the concept, just not that arc.  Schism just pisses me off.

1.It was last Fraction story.  ;) Fight with Kuurth was great IMO.
2.In Utopia I liked Cyke's leadership and using mutants as they could be use in some strategic games :D It was even greater against Juggy. These all combinations adn plans... "Oh, so plan number XXX succeded? I knew that one of them have to work" - is what Cyke probably thought at the end ;)
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#826  Edited By ReVamp
@JediXMan said:
@ReVamp said:
@JediXMan said:
Fair enough.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#827  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
1.It was last Fraction story.  ;) Fight with Kuurth was great IMO.2.In Utopia I liked Cyke's leadership and using mutants as they could be use in some strategic games :D It was even greater against Juggy. These all combinations adn plans... "Oh, so plan number XXX succeded? I knew that one of them have to work" - is what Cyke probably thought at the end ;)
I might look at it, then.

You have to understand that I was actually months behind. So I kinda just picked certain issues to buy, since it would be too hard (and expensive) to get every backissue. So I saw it as a fresh start, just getting back issues for certain comics (X-Force and X-Men: Legacy being good examples). I dropped everything else. I decided it was a good time to get rid of comics I didn't enjoy anymore. I couldn't read Fear Itself; it just hurt too much. I actually enjoyed Flashpoint - although the tie-ins were better than the main series. World of Flashpoint and Knight of Vengeance were rather good. 

This is what my current pull list looks like for Marvel:

X-Men Legacy
Uncanny X-Force
Generation Hope (sue me. I like it)
X-23

New Mutants was on there, but I stopped reading because I ceased to care about anyone other than X-Man. I feel like I'm forgetting something...
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
@ReVamp said:
@JediXMan said:
Fully agree. 
Even concept of Cable's death was acceptable. Another plus is X-Men reaction for X-Force existing and how X-23 was killing them in front of Nightcrawler. The same with Wolvie's actions. Mostly, what happened in Fraction's comics was crap, but what happened in X-Force was great. Legacy was also good as always.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#829  Edited By TifaLockhart

Man, I wish there were more DC fanboys in here. The board's kinda dead, AIM/Facebook chat is dead, and this is the worst Halloween ever.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#830  Edited By ReVamp
@JediXMan: X-Factor maybe? I'm personally digging Wolvie and the G-Men *smirk* though the art is quite bad.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#831  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@czarny_samael666

I saw SC as the climax, because I always viewed Messiah CompleX, Messiah War, and Second Coming as just one big event. As someone who also followed Cable and X-Force from beginning to end, it made Cable's death and Hope's reaction all the more tragic. 

SC wasn't great. But I hardly think it was terrible. It could have been a lot worse; yeah, I'm looking at you Fear Itself....
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
@czarny_samael666 said:
1.It was last Fraction story.  ;) Fight with Kuurth was great IMO.2.In Utopia I liked Cyke's leadership and using mutants as they could be use in some strategic games :D It was even greater against Juggy. These all combinations adn plans... "Oh, so plan number XXX succeded? I knew that one of them have to work" - is what Cyke probably thought at the end ;)
I might look at it, then.  You have to understand that I was actually months behind. So I kinda just picked certain issues to buy, since it would be too hard (and expensive) to get every backissue. So I saw it as a fresh start, just getting back issues for certain comics (X-Force and X-Men: Legacy being good examples). I dropped everything else. I decided it was a good time to get rid of comics I didn't enjoy anymore. I couldn't read Fear Itself; it just hurt too much. I actually enjoyed Flashpoint - although the tie-ins were better than the main series. World of Flashpoint and Knight of Vengeance were rather good.   This is what my current pull list looks like for Marvel:  X-Men Legacy Uncanny X-Force Generation Hope (sue me. I like it) X-23  New Mutants was on there, but I stopped reading because I ceased to care about anyone other than X-Man. I feel like I'm forgetting something...
1.Again - Fraction. What was made by him in FI was bu##**it, but UXM,Youth in Revolt (a specially Thor Girl's end), JIM, Ghost Rider and Thunderbolts were good.
I don't have anything against G. Hope, it show us different way of controlling mutants. Xavier nor even Cyke would ever do what Hope is doing). 
2.I started to read NM, thanks to X-Man ;)
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Man, I wish there were more DC fanboys in here. The board's kinda dead, AIM/Facebook chat is dead, and this is the worst Halloween ever.

I forgot that it is popular in USA and that it is today.
 @JediXMan said:
@czarny_samael666:   I saw SC as the climax, because I always viewed Messiah CompleX, Messiah War, and Second Coming as just one big event. As someone who also followed Cable and X-Force from beginning to end, it made Cable's death and Hope's reaction all the more tragic.   SC wasn't great. But I hardly think it was terrible. It could have been a lot worse; yeah, I'm looking at you Fear Itself....

X-Force was great - Fraction was... You know ;)
Fear Itself was terrible, but what is an effect of Schism is even worse. FI mini was simply boring. I didn't even care for Thor's death. We already knew everything before last number was published. Everything O_O
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#834  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@czarny_samael666

Generation Hope is my "relaxing" comic. Most of my collection is made up of dark and serious. Hope is typically calm, but with an edge of darkness (usually provided by Kenji). It's also why I might read Avengers Academy again.

I stopped reading New Mutants around #26 or 27. Is X-Man a regular of NM? If so I'll keep it up.
TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#835  Edited By TifaLockhart

@czarny_samael666: Yeah, I know Marvel's more popular by far and sold better than DC before the whole reboot stunt/gimmick but I'm fraggin' bored out of my skull here.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: Yeah, I know Marvel's more popular by far and sold better than DC before the whole reboot stunt/gimmick but I'm fraggin' bored out of my skull here.

I acctualy was thinking about Halloween... When I was a kid it was just a funny news in TV, nothing more. But I've heard that it is starting to be popular in schools.

Besides, it can suprise You, but Marvel heroes were known in Poland even before movies. Most kids knew who is Spider-Man, Hulk, FF, Cap and a specially X-Men (almost no one know who Avengers are). Yeah, X-Men were always on the top. But about DC people only recognized Superman and Batman, some of us who were reading X-Men also have heard about Hal Jordan. But Flash? Or Wonder Woman? Even today people who aren't typical comic-fans barely knows them.

@JediXMan said:
@czarny_samael666:    Generation Hope is my "relaxing" comic. Most of my collection is made up of dark and serious. Hope is typically calm, but with an edge of darkness (usually provided by Kenji). It's also why I might read Avengers Academy again. I stopped reading New Mutants around #26 or 27. Is X-Man a regular of NM? If so I'll keep it up.

He is. Depowered, but there are rumors that his power will grow fast.
Comics4Me1800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#837  Edited By Comics4Me1800

Marvel, Marvel, DC.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#838  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:

If I may ask: where do you live?
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JediXMan said:
@czarny_samael666 said:

Poland.
Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#840  Edited By buttersdaman000

1. DC 
- Lol Marvel doesnt care about their comics anymore! Theyre too busy making movies! Just look at Fear Itself smh  

2. Tie 
- Marvel has a lot of good characters and so does DC 

3. Obvious Tie/Marvel
- Its just TOAA vs Overmoniter/Presence. Anybody below their level is cannon fodder. But if you remove the "Gods" then.....maybe Marvel.....>_>
Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel doesn't need a crisis to sort out their their entire universe every few years while wiping away origins. Not saying Marvel isn't guilty of this but its on a smaller scale.

I like to say that DC has the more iconic characters but I think that's because they were able to reach a bigger audience through TV & movies in the past. Right now Marvel is kicking their ass in the movie department and kids will be growing up with marvel in their minds with the Avengers, Cap, Iron Man, Thor etc. Sure they will think Batman is cool but Green lantern was a dud, Superman was pretty boring (for now) and what's the JLA? Regardless of how well the new 52 does, majority of the people will remember the characters through other forms of media than comics.

And can't Scarlet Witch say "No more DC" and be done with it?

DesertHunter24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#842  Edited By DesertHunter24
@czarny_samael666: On the level of the Sentinels, Gods and Cosmic Entities it will be a stalemate! So it was decided to keep the battle on earthbased/planetbased characters! You can name such beeings, but comparable beeings can be named for DC, so it's senseless...I asure you, read the thread! It's interesting! You're arguments have already been used...By the way you are forgetting the powerhouses of DC...You're totally underestimating them!

Edit: It was only Marvel Universe 616 vs current DC Universe (not up-to-date due to the point this thread is four years old)! :)
DesertHunter24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#843  Edited By DesertHunter24
@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers: I advise you to read the whole thread, too! You're argument has been already used, but it depends on the rules for the starting point of the war (prep. time or not...and so on...)...Btw, she can't erase an entire universe! And the last thing is DC has got a lot more powerful magicwielders and plenty of them...Have a nice day! :)
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DesertHunter24 said:
@czarny_samael666: On the level of the Sentinels, Gods and Cosmic Entities it will be a stalemate! So it was decided to keep the battle on earthbased/planetbased characters! You can name such beeings, but comparable beeings can be named for DC, so it's senseless...I asure you, read the thread! It's interesting! You're arguments have already been used...By the way you are forgetting the powerhouses of DC...You're totally underestimating them!  Edit: It was only Marvel Universe 616 vs current DC Universe (not up-to-date due to the point this thread is four years old)! :)
No, DC doesn't have answers for them. DC doesn't have comparble beings to them. 
DC doesn't have an answer for many of them, for example for HotU. And LT or Nemesis.
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#845  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@czarny_samael666 said:
@JediXMan said:
@czarny_samael666 said:

Poland.
Interesting. Never knew that.
Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DesertHunter24: Fine, she'll say no more Kryptonians, or power rings or whatever.

Darkseidis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#847  Edited By Darkseidis

I think both dc and marvel are awesome they are both my favourite comic companies but ive got to say Round 1 dc Round 2 dc Round 3 dc

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#848  Edited By jeanroygrant

Marvel
Marvel
Stalemate

thanobomb1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#849  Edited By thanobomb1124
@jeanroygrant

Marvel
Marvel
Stalemate

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@Blacksmith said:

First contest: Which makes better stories

Second Contest: Which Has better Characters

And third: If all the characters would fight, which group would win

First: currently DC (though Venom, Scarlet Spider, and Uncanny X-force are good reads.

Second: Marvel IMO