This topic is locked from further discussion.

#701 Posted by the_stegman (40009 posts) - - Show Bio

for better stories, overall (my opinion) i'm giving it to Dc i mean i read both and everytime i read a Marvel story, i'm like huh, this is really good, then i read a Dc story after it, and i'm like THIS JUST BLEW MY MIND!! for example, i read Annihilation from Marvel and liked it, but was blown away by Dc's sinestro corps war. i read marvel's Necrosha, liked it, but was blown away by Dc's Blackest Night, i liked 52 alot more than Civil War (nothing really happened at the end of cw except Cap America died....and came back) the only marvel stories that interest me are x men stuff...SOMETIMES like the recent Second Coming was amazing,however i was still more impressed with Cry for Justice... so anyway story wise, i'm going with Dc  

second characters, ok my opinion his is very unpopular, but i like dc characters better, yes i know, i know marvel characters are more "realistic" more "down to Earth" by that i mean they have flaws, but i'm sorry, i don't WANT my heroes to have emotional and mental flaws.  by definition a superhero is SUPPOSED to be superior to the average joe, i mean i don't want to put my life in the hands of someone like /me/ im freakin unstable as hell!! i would rather have a hero who knew the line that separates right from wrong, and knows not to cross it,  i mean it seems like Marvel's heroes are too busy dealing with their own personal problems to be..actual heroes.  would i rather have an alcoholic like Tony Stark or Ms.Marvel were saving the day, or a morally perfect and clear headed hero like Superman or Wonder Woman (with the exception of ww's max lord thing....) would i rather have a crazed murderous hero like Wolverine, Punisher, or Moon Knight killing just because killing's cool, or a responsible type who won't stoop to the villains' level and kill like Flash, or Hal Jordan? i know that a lot of people like marvel because they can see themselves in the heroes..but frankly, if i wanted to see myself in something, i'd look in a mirror, not a comic book 

lastly, who'd win in a fight? well that could go either way, all in all i think marvel has the numbers gain, so they could win if the universes were at war, but if it was team against team, dc would win, such as the JLA > Avengers, Teen Titans> Young Avengers the Outsiders> New Avengers and the JSA > X men (not counting super super powerful x men like Phoenix)

#702 Edited by SilverGalford (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

1:marvel
2: DC
3: stalemate.

#703 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

1. DC 
2. DC 
3. Stalemate
#704 Posted by bag_o_x_men (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel
Marvel
Tie.

#705 Posted by Reptilicus (764 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel.
 Marvel.
DC has too many power houses, I think. I think they'd win.

#706 Edited by departed402 (574 posts) - - Show Bio

1. TIE now-a-days  -  Marvel had the more complex stories originally, but once DC figured out people got tired of their heroes stopping the simple bad guy in one issue they adapted. Once DC figured out what story arcs were it became a matter of which heroes you liked. 

2.  DC  -  There are a lot of characters out there, and a lot of ways to rate them. I will say that DCs heroes are more recognizable though. Your average non-comic book fan can name off DC heroes and Marvel heroes; probably more DC heroes than Marvels, but it would be close. If you ask them to name some villains they will probably have trouble coming up with Marvel villains. They're just not as well known. 

3. DC  -  DC has too many power houses. For just heroes DC takes it pretty easy. However, if you throw in Marvel's cosmic entities then Marvel may take this (which I will say should not be counted as characters for such a fight).
#707 Posted by spiderbuck1 (2768 posts) - - Show Bio

1)  Marvel 

2)  Marvel 

3)  Marvel

#708 Posted by beatboks1 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no Idea how I've missed this thread for so long, but really the whole premise is laughable.
Both DC and Marvel have an equal number of great, well written stories. They also have a similar amount trite. Even the types of stories that each creator has done have been copied. Simply look at the fact that many of the very creative individuals who write comics over the years have written for both companies. Roy Thomas (my favorite comic writer by far) has written for Marvel, DC Archie, Charlton and many more. I loved his work on Avengers, Thor, FF and Xmen. I also loved his work on All Star Squadron, Arak, Shazam and even captain Carrot. Not to mention in his editorial capacity at marvel He had a hand in creating one of my favorite Marvel Characters (Iron Fist). 

Both companies have copies of their opponents best characters. And both have a solid array of characters original to them who are good to great. As far as either being better known to the wider world, outside of comic fans the general public know The Phantom (world wide he's published more than any other comic character as well as being in daily new "funnies" of about 12 countries), Batman, Spiderman,  Superman, Hulk, Iron Man (know days) and Wonder Woman. The xmen despite the movie franchise doesn't have the wider fan base yet (look at how the last one and Wolverine flopped)

As for in a battle, both companies are pretty evenly matched. In reality Warpers DC and Marvel are about even in power (though Marvel's get more attention) there are a few more at mavel at the peak levels, but many more at DC just below.
In Bricks the situation is reversed. there are more at DC who are peak level, There are more of the lower level versions at Marvel so again it evens out. 
In techno experts even, in prep masters even.

Try having a look at the list of Characters who've been members of both the JLA and the Avengers. Their even in number and there is an equal (or close to ) in power on both sides all the way down the list. The same is true if you go through the motions of extending that for the lists of both companies.

Draw
Draw
Draw.

#709 Posted by isaac_clarke (5991 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1 said:
"I have no Idea how I've missed this thread for so long, but really the whole premise is laughable. Both DC and Marvel have an equal number of great, well written stories. They also have a similar amount trite. Even the types of stories that each creator has done have been copied. Simply look at the fact that many of the very creative individuals who write comics over the years have written for both companies. Roy Thomas (my favorite comic writer by far) has written for Marvel, DC Archie, Charlton and many more. I loved his work on Avengers, Thor, FF and Xmen. I also loved his work on All Star Squadron, Arak, Shazam and even captain Carrot. Not to mention in his editorial capacity at marvel He had a hand in creating one of my favorite Marvel Characters (Iron Fist).   Both companies have copies of their opponents best characters. And both have a solid array of characters original to them who are good to great. As far as either being better known to the wider world, outside of comic fans the general public know The Phantom (world wide he's published more than any other comic character as well as being in daily new "funnies" of about 12 countries), Batman, Spiderman,  Superman, Hulk, Iron Man (know days) and Wonder Woman. The xmen despite the movie franchise doesn't have the wider fan base yet (look at how the last one and Wolverine flopped) As for in a battle, both companies are pretty evenly matched. In reality Warpers DC and Marvel are about even in power (though Marvel's get more attention) there are a few more at mavel at the peak levels, but many more at DC just below.In Bricks the situation is reversed. there are more at DC who are peak level, There are more of the lower level versions at Marvel so again it evens out.  In techno experts even, in prep masters even.  Try having a look at the list of Characters who've been members of both the JLA and the Avengers. Their even in number and there is an equal (or close to ) in power on both sides all the way down the list. The same is true if you go through the motions of extending that for the lists of both companies.  Draw Draw Draw. "

Your awsome man.  
This post alone bumped you up in my book. =)
#710 Posted by entropy_aegis (20697 posts) - - Show Bio

DC 
not sure 
Draw
#711 Posted by entropy_aegis (20697 posts) - - Show Bio

Just looked back through a few pages,damn fanboys were a lot worse back then.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
#712 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio

About frist two only opinion matters. IMO - Marvel. But anybody can have different opinion.

About last one... Marvel.
IDK why, but Marvel in almost each other year makes new Universal threat. In last 10-15 years the made:
Multi-Abstracts, Tiamut (at least Universal), The Fulcrum (at least universal), Abraxas (universal/multiversal), Hunger (multiversal in full power), Marquis of Death (multiversal), Clyde Wyncham (at least Universal, he was MoD from 616), CW Hercules (multiversal), Chaos King (multiversal), HOM Scarlett Whitch (multiversal), Proemial Gods (Galactus level), or boosted Eleder Gods to mutliversal level.
And I am not sure that it is even all. 

Marvel wins, because they have more Multiversal/Universal level threats. 

In other categories:
Below Universal/Abstract:
Marvel (mostly because of Abstracts)
Galaxy:
Marvel (Much more Skyfathers with galaxy-busting feats, Watchers, Horde, Celestials)
Herlads:
DC (at least three planets full of planet busters, while Marvel have only one such a planet to my knowldge)
Below planetary level:
Marvel (Hulks)

We can also make another categories:
Primal Universe:
Marvel (most more powerfull beings are from 616, while COIE Anti-Monitor is not from Primal DC's Universe)
Earth:
Jim Jaspers...
Best team from most known teams (JLA,Avengers,X-Men...):
In full power:
Avengers (Cap. Britain as a protector of Omniversum + HOM SW)
In classic levels:
DC - JLA (mostly becasue of Martian Manhunter)

#713 Posted by marvellover1 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel, Marvel, i cannot judge this one..

#714 Posted by comicdude23 (11902 posts) - - Show Bio

1. DC 
2. DC. 
3. Marvel. Due to TOAA.

#715 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@comicdude23 said:
" 1. DC 2. DC. 3. Marvel. Due to TOAA. "
3.DC has Overmonitor, but Marvel still wins (they have more universes and more multiversal and universal level threats).
#716 Posted by EpitomeofCool (2806 posts) - - Show Bio

tie
tie
dc

#717 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@EpitomeofCool said:
" tie tie dc "
How DC would win?
#718 Posted by Cosmic_Falcon (2041 posts) - - Show Bio

All subjective

#719 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38932 posts) - - Show Bio

My own opinion:

Marvel
Marvel
Draw or Marvel

#720 Edited by beatboks1 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:

About last one... Marvel. IDK why, but Marvel in almost each other year makes new Universal threat.

As I said in my earlier post Marvel has more prominent multiversal threats, and a few more omnipotent (at least in their own dimension). DC however makes up for that in so far as they have more "quantity" of universa/multiversall thread/  and reality  warpers. 

Excluding the Greek God Pantheon (Wonder Woman) and all but the three most powerful of the New God's (of which there are over a hundred more) they have the following.  I've also left out a few of Dr Fate's and Spectre's SA and BA enemies (all of whom were a match for both of them)

AbaddonFallen angel who once guarded hell helped Etrigan overthrow the first triumverate of hell
Abnegazarone of the deamons three improsned by the timeless ones
Agonyhell's tormentors
Alex Luthor energy and dimesional manipulator Multiversal level threat
Amenadielmember of the Host
AmethystLord of Order
Amon RaLord of Order
Anit-matter manuniversal threat from the anti matter univers of Quard
Anti-fateantithisis of Dr Fate (Classic)
Anti-life entitiyembodiment of the anti-life equation
Appa Ali ApsaFormer Guadian driven mad by linliness. Took the combinedmight of all the Guardians and GL's to beat him
Arionpowerful mage who has walked the earth for 5000 yrs plus
Asmodelformer member of the host who rebelled and Joined Neron
AsterothDestroyer of destroyers
Auraklescosmic entity who reaches through time space and dimensions
AuronX'Hal's bearer of death
AzmodusOne of the Spectre's greates foes (amalgam of his former host)
Bastonce powerul god who's power is decreasing
Bat-Mite6 th dimensional imp
Beelzebubone of the triumverate of hell
BelialFather of Etrigan and Merlin
Black FlashDark aspect of the speed force to breang death to speedsters
Black RacerDC's grim reaper
BlitheAngel of light
CarnivoreFirst Vampire, former member of heaven
ChaonLord of Chaos
Controllersone of the imortal races of Maltus
DarkseidNuff said
DeathMember of the endless
DecreatorEvil entity that cults have tried to summon to unmake everything
DeedraLord of Order
Deimosimmortal wizard of Skartais
DeliriumMember of the endless
DesireMember of the endless
DespairMember of the endless
DestinyMember of the endless
DestructionMember of the endless
Djinn6 th dimensional imp
DreamMember of the endless
DumaAngel of scilence who ruled hell after Lucifer
EclipsoFormer wrath of the presence (prior to Spectre)
Ecstacyhell's tormentors
first of fallen Omnipotent revealed to be the presence's own consience given form when he wanted to argue with it
flawLord of Chaos
GaramasTitan
Garn DaanuthArion's evil brother
GemimnLord of Order
Ghastone of the demons three improsned by the timeless ones
GogGod of the Third world Cuurently imbedded in the Source wall
Goth demon who corrupts children
Gray ManServant of order who farms the dreams of mortals- the power souce of the LOO
Great evel beastOmnipotent = to the presence in power. When the wto touch hands they form yin and yang
Guardians immortal keepers of order
Gyges Titan
H'ronmeerMartian God of death
Highfatherleader of New genisis his staff is directly linked to the source wall.
HorusLord of Order
Hourman III Time manipulator
HuitzilopocthliMyan god
Iblisdemon destroyer
ID, 6th dimensional Imp
Imperiex Prime Galactus level being
Infinite ManTime manipulator
Ionsentient embdiment of will power
Izanamiancient god of Japan
JherylLord of Order
Kancer
Kid Eternity
KiderkinLord of Order
King of Tearslord of the Suptle realms even the Spectre can't kill him
KismetDC equivilent of Eternity
Kothdimensional threat faced by Doctor Occult
KronaImmortal Mutusian (Guardians, Controller, Zamarons) who released evil on the universe
KulakEnemy of Spectre (who has defeated Spectre more than once)
LilithMother of atrocities
Lkz5th Dimensional Imp
Lord SatanusSon of Shazam
Luciferomnipotetent multiple appearances prior to getting his own title
MageddonSun/ planet galaxy destroyer. Capable of making all near it feel hate and despair
Malferrazae
MalloKeeper of the Cocmic Balance, pre-Crisis multiverse being
Mammonone of Hell's wealthiest and most powerful demons
MantisSecond most powerful of Apokolips
Materna Minxx, cosmic nanny of Helen Jordan from The Spectre
MordruLord of Chaos
mr KeeperLord of Chaos
Mr Mxlplk5th Dimensional Imp
NabuLord of Order
Naiadselemental
Nameless OneFormer ruler of the Arkana realm
NebirosSupremely powerful in the nether worlds. Took the combined might of all earth's ancient mystics to banish him
Nebula ManSentient universe
Nekron, Get's the strength and power of all lives he tales
NeronDC = to mephisto
MerlinBrother of Etrigan
Obatala African God- Source of the power of a few Flobal Guardians
Onimar SinThanagarian God with control over the four forces
Orpheus ISon of Dream and Calliope
OsirisLord of Chaos
OsirisLord of Order
OvermasterOne of their many Galactus rip offs
Parallaxembodiment of pure fear
Parliament of TreesEarth elementals
Phantom StrangerAspect of the Hope of God/ Presence
Promethean Giantsproto beings that have breached the source wall
QuetzalcoatlAztec God
Ra featured in The Sandman
Raan Va Dath, mother serpent of Etrigan, featured in The Demon
Rama Kushna, death goddess, creator of Deadman, featured in Strange Adventures
rathone of the deamons three improsned by the timeless ones
Remiel, an angel featured in The Sandman and Lucifer
Rott, demon who mind controlled Martian Manhunter into becoming Bloodwynd
S'ivaa the DestroyerShadow Elemental
Sandalphonfallen angel who sided with Lucifer
Sandman (fifth and sixth)Vertigo's greatest character
Seviramdemon in hell
Shazam Lord of Order
Shivering Jemmy Lord of Chaos
sister SentryLord of Order
Solaris the Tyrant SunAI sun took the combined JLA and Justice Legion A to contain
Spectreaspect of the wrath of God/ Presence
Stigmonus Monsieurentity that thrives on despair, enemy of Spectre
Sun-Eateruniversal therat
Superboy-Prime
T'CharrLord of Chaos
TakionAvitar of the light side of the source
Telephone Avatarentity that possessed telephone system and enslaved the dead
TerratayaLord of Chaos
TezcatlipocaLord of Chaos
the childLord of Chaos
The PresenceDC's = TOAA
The Seventhe group of abstracts that Dr Occult draws his power from
The Word Spectre's older more powerful brother
Thunderbolt I5th Dimensional Imp
Time Trappertime manipulator universal threat
Totac / TotecLord of Chaos
Trigon the Terriblelord of evil of another dimension
TyphonLord of Chaos
Ultimatorpersonification of the 10th dimension (power to make Mxlplk look weak
VandaemeonLord of Chaos
Vextpatron deity of misfortune
Vulcanelder god
X'HalLiving Goddes of the Okarrans
Yama-No-Kami
YggDrasil the earth Elemental
YnarLord of Order
Zamaronsone of the imortal races of Maltus
ZorEnemy of Spectre. The first 5 times they faced Spec' needed to ask the presence for greater power to match him
#721 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel.
#722 Posted by The_Assassin_ (17568 posts) - - Show Bio

First
 First

Second
 Second

Third
Third
#723 Posted by NeonNemesis (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Who makes better stories: They both make good stories, however Marvel takes this one for a few reason, the 1st one is how DC became Superman centered, he's always the end to be all, which gets somewhat stupid, they place him in places where he shouldn't be and doing stuff he shouldn't do, then Marvel makes good stories without destroying continuity, that nowadays DC seems to constantly do, IC, the new WW arc, FC, etc, if we consider the discrepances that DC nowadays has in continuity, especially after it was rebooted like 20 years ago, while Marvel has maintained its continuity for like 60 and doesn't presents with half of the flaws. 

Who has better characters: This is a matter of tastes, depends on who do you like more, if you want a more perfect world you turn to DC, you you want a more diverse and realistic world you turn to Marvel. 

If all character would fight who would win: Simple as this, its either a stalemate or Marvel wins, why? it resumes to 2 characters TOAA and the Presence, 2 fully omnipotent and omniscient beings, nothing else matters, no Lucifer, no Living Tribunal, nothing except if you count the Pre Retcon Beyonder, wich is an equal to theses two guys, that makes a 2 on 1. 
So if you count Pre-Retcon Beyonder Marvel wins, if you don't its a stalemate.   
#724 Posted by D00MSMITH (95 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel, marvel, marvel.

#725 Posted by HolySerpent (13762 posts) - - Show Bio

DC,DC,DC and

#726 Posted by Omarpool (6807 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonNemesis said:
" Who makes better stories: They both make good stories, however Marvel takes this one for a few reason, the 1st one is how DC became Superman centered, he's always the end to be all, which gets somewhat stupid, they place him in places where he shouldn't be and doing stuff he shouldn't do, then Marvel makes good stories without destroying continuity, that nowadays DC seems to constantly do, IC, the new WW arc, FC, etc, if we consider the discrepances that DC nowadays has in continuity, especially after it was rebooted like 20 years ago, while Marvel has maintained its continuity for like 60 and doesn't presents with half of the flaws.  Who has better characters: This is a matter of tastes, depends on who do you like more, if you want a more perfect world you turn to DC, you you want a more diverse and realistic world you turn to Marvel.  If all character would fight who would win: Simple as this, its either a stalemate or Marvel wins, why? it resumes to 2 characters TOAA and the Presence, 2 fully omnipotent and omniscient beings, nothing else matters, no Lucifer, no Living Tribunal, nothing except if you count the Pre Retcon Beyonder, wich is an equal to theses two guys, that makes a 2 on 1. So if you count Pre-Retcon Beyonder Marvel wins, if you don't its a stalemate.    "
I agree with this.
#727 Posted by SilverGalford (3422 posts) - - Show Bio

if you count Pre-Retcon Beyonder Marvel wins, if you don't its a stalemate.    "

the presence will stop him
#728 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5474 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no point to this thread. 

#729 Posted by HolySerpent (13762 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:
" @EpitomeofCool said:
" tie tie dc "
How DC would win? "

if you read the first 12 pages( i havent read the entire thread yet) then you would see DC coming on stop
Avatar image for knightofcydonia
#730 Posted by Noctis (1415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mixed Man said:
"

This is an easy outcome DC,DC,DC

"
Indeed
#731 Posted by Nefarious (35642 posts) - - Show Bio

First contest: Marvel

Second contest: DC 

Third contest: Marvel 

#732 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1 :
1.I like Your post. This brings us real debate at last.
2.I belive that most of this Lord of Chaos, are pretty much high demons, like Mephisto, which means that they won't matter here (as Skyfathers, Hell-Lords or maybe even Galactus level people).
3.People about which I would like to hear more:
Alex Luthor-
Anti-Matter Man-
ALE
Aurakles-
Azmodus-
Djiin-
Eclipso-
ID
Kulak
Lkz
Kismet
Nebula Man
Sun Eater
The Seven
The Word
Thundebolt I

4.People who means something in this battle without question:
a)Endless-  
b)Lucifer
c)Mxy
d)The Presence
e)Spectre 
You also forgot about:
[f)]Omni-Monitor
and
[g)]Michael
(((Ultimator - doesn't exist.)))

My answers on these guys are:
a)Abraxas + Multi-Oblivion/army of millions upon millions of Oblivions
b) + g) = Phoenix Force or Infinity Being
c)MJJ-238
d)Living Tribunal
e)The Vishanti or Shuma Gorath,etc.
f)TOAA

And still Marvel have "others".

P.S. Goth - lol
#733 Posted by beatboks1 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:

" @beatboks1 : 1.I like Your post.

Glad to hear it.

2.I belive that most of this Lord of Chaos, are pretty much high demons, like Mephisto, which means that they won't matter here (as Skyfathers, Hell-Lords or maybe even Galactus level people).

For the most part that's a close to accurate assessment (as I'd call it) There are a few exceptions who's power would be above that level and more of a threat. Mordru (at peak levels)Totec for another, and the aligned Ynar (lord of Order) and Vandaemon (lord of chaos) the alliance these two formed put them on a whole new level. The only way that Classic Fate could defeat them was to merge wis wife Inza with himself. The result was that he was no longer just an immortal wizard possessed by the presence of Nabu who gained power from Order (due to the talismans of the helmet of Nabu and the cloak of destiny) and the power of Chaos (through the amulet of Anubis) but also from the power of the human spirit. Because of this change Nabu was no longer able to control the Fate entity, the three shared a joint consciousness (the first time Kent was privy to the mind of Nabu). All the rest would definitely fall into the power arena you suggest. 

Where the LOO and LOC are concerned it depends entirely on what form they chose. many on the boards have a higher opinion of Nabu for example than I (which is weird since I'm huge fan of Fate ). Nabu was the most powerful LOO, but that was prior to taking on a physical form. The LOO and LOC in their natural state ore energy beings. They began in an existence prior to the current one, there's been several references ( and to be honest even I'm not sure if it's still canon or not) to the presence having created them so that their interaction in an attempt to achieve balance would cause creation (in essence their battle caused the creation of the source, at least pre COIE and I haven't seen anything to contradict that).  many like Nabu limited their own power level because they took on a mortal form. remember Nabu had to rest in a tomb for centuries to try and recoup his spent energy (the same tomb in which a certain archeologist and his son found him in). He had to rest because he could no longer expend mystical energy in large quantity without risking the destruction of his mortal shell and his energy spread to the far corners of the multiverse.

3.People about which I would like to hear more: 
Alex Luthor-
Anti-Matter Man- 
ALE Aurakles- 
Azmodus- 
Djiin- 
Eclipso- 
ID 
Kulak 
Lkz 
Kismet 
Nebula  Man 
Sun Eater 
The Seven 
The Word 
Thundebolt I  

I'll cover those I can from memory now and try and look up the rest 9that I only had vague recollection of at best later ( it took me three days to compile this incomplete list by typing in some multiple spellings on names ai vaguely remembered into the CV search bar)

Alex Luthor was the son of the Luthor of E-3 pre COIE. his father saved him from the antimatter wave by sending him off in a device to earth 1. Only problem was the device went through the antimatter wave giving him control over both matter and anit-matter. - basically the antimonitor and monitor combined.
Lkz, ID and Thunderbolt 1 - all are 5th dimensional imps (like Mxy) there are about 4 others that have appeared (Qusp and Yklkz also ring belles but don"t quote me) Thunderbolt (YZ) was the imp that was linked to Johnny Thunder of the JSA by a ceremony .  When not bound their power is far greater than anything that either Johnny or Jakkem have ever used it for.
 ALE Aurakles  Only appearances I recall were during the JLA/ JSA/ Seven Soldiers of Victory cross over. An entity that seemed to have complete control over time and dimension, if not omniscient than nigh.
Djnn - think genie from Aladin's lamp on steroids and psychedelic drugs. 
Eclipso - was the "wrath" of the presence in his less friendly Old Testament (eye for an eye) days. he was discarded when the presence appointed a new spirit of vengeance in the days of the new testament. The dark aspect was trapped in some crystal on the moon (IIRC). the crystal was eventually shattered into a millions shards, one of which possessed Bruce Gorden with a fraction of his original power. There was a mini where one of these "possessed" mini versions lost more of themselves to the aspect of darkness and  caused major universal upheavals. He was also the major threat in the Phantom Stranger mini (86/7/8 ish) in which the Stranger refused to stand by and do nothing ( contrary to his assigned role) and when he first interviened was stripped of his powers. Of course since he still knew everything he could work vast magic just from knowledge, (ironic that the series that actually portrayed the as quite a threat was the one in which he was depowered for most). Stranger got his power back in spades at the end when J Q public witnessed him  fighting the demons for their souls and offered their belief in him which powered him as their hope directly (his assigned role from the presence) , at which point he destroyed the demons with a wave of his hand (pity nothing was made of that development- perfect opportunity to have the embodiment of hope actually do something in the DCU other than advise those on the best path, since he was no longer dependent on the presence as a source of power if he disobeyed).
Kulak - High priest of some dimension whose name eludes me (IIRC no vowels). Living embodiment of hatred. He defeated the spectre a few times and Spec then defeated him either after asking the presence for help (as he did to beat Zor and Oom, who otherwise had his number easily) . After one of those battles he was healing in his tomb when while still recuperating he took possession of the spectre. he had the Spec guard his tomb while he tried to heal himself. When he had he exited his tomb to the Spectre fallen at his feet. When he tried to go to earth (2 back then) he was denied (the Spectre when powered up after their last battle had sealed it from him). He awoke Spec and sent him in his stead (wanting to destroy Earth for one of it's own having dared to foil him. Even with him trapped in another dimension only with a portal open to the planet E-2 the hatred from his third eye inflicted every being on the planet. Brother was killing brother mother strangling child or infant. Only Sargon was able to seal the portal from Earth forever because of his "Ruby of Life's" link to it's sister jewel the ring of Life (powerful talisman that is far beyond even the Spectre's power)
Nebula Man  - I had to think for a second who I meant for this one (there have been a few similarly named), at first I thought I let "Mr Nebula slip through by mistake ( a cornball Galactus spoof- trust me you don't want to know it was crap, sort of a gay crazy G). But since I mentioned "sentient Universe" in my last post I must have been thinking of Neh-bur-loo (something like that). It's been like forever (and I only saw the character MAYBE 3 times) but he started out a weaponer of quard or something and then evolved into a living universe. He was going to destroy the universe in JLATF.
Sun Eater  - Artificial life form created by the Controllers (brother Multan race of the Guardians of universe) as a weapon. If a planet became to evil they would unleash it to destroy their planet, sun solar system. The LOSH faced one a few times (in various revamps). each one involved one or other member making the ultimate sacrifice  (the original was supposed to be made by SA Superboy but Ferro lad took his place). That was al except when Wildfire blew up in it ( if memory serves) of course that's a cheat when the team member is just energy that can reform after he explodes
The Seven - I'm going to have to hunt up some of my OLD More fun Comics for this one. IIRC they only actually had feats in two very early issues (aside from references in other DR OC tales). One of those was the Dr Occult story in which he wore an actual spandex costume instead of a suit (which was before Action #1). The issue in question Dr Oc had to fight an entire dimension to keep ours safe and needed  a little something extra
The Word - Created at the dawn of time, the first to be the spirit of Vengeance/ Wrath (before even Eclipso). he destroyed the parliament of trees, tried to stop Swamp thing from becoming all powerful, and was seemingly destroyed by Swamp thing when he did. Spectre has since said he's still around and can't be destroyed.

Damn, what do you know I remembered more than I thought (though it helped looking up at the little tag I put on each, glad you didn't ask about Kancer. Cause my answer would be WTF so obviously a typo.
#734 Posted by beatboks1 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael: 

Also I'll PM atphantom. He's pretty knowledgeable on DC mystics etc, and not suffering from an old befuddled memory like me. So If I got some stat's or concepts wrong he can correct.
#735 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, I am so overworked today I can barely feel my own head. Beat, from what I see you've got everything good. The only issue I see is:

"ALE Aurakles  Only appearances I recall were during the JLA/ JSA/ Seven Soldiers of Victory cross over. An entity that seemed to have complete control over time and dimension, if not omniscient than nigh.
Nebula Man  - I had to think for a second who I meant for this one (there have been a few similarly named), at first I thought I let "Mr Nebula slip through by mistake ( a cornball Galactus spoof- trust me you don't want to know it was crap, sort of a gay crazy G). But since I mentioned "sentient Universe" in my last post I must have been thinking of Neh-bur-loo (something like that). It's been like forever (and I only saw the character MAYBE 3 times) but he started out a weaponer of quard or something and then evolved into a living universe. He was going to destroy the universe in JLATF. "
These two got an update in Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers a few years ago. Auracles is a neanderthal, and Earth's first superhero, created by the New Gods to fight the Sheeda, conquerors/scavengers from the future, until he was captured by Darkseid (His name is phonetically similar to "oracle" hence omniscience).
Nebula Man's name is Neh-Buh-Loh, he is the grown up version of the sentient universe of Qwewq. He is also from the future (Since Qwewq is a "baby" in the present) and serves as huntsman for the Sheeda.
Seven Soldiers also introduces the seven tailors of time, a group of beings with ability to tailor reality at their whim, of which Zor was previously a member. 

Also, regarding corporeal Nabu, I'm not really sure about this, but I think I read somewhere that he was in fact exiled by the LOO, accounting for his reduced power. I probably saw it on a wiki somewhere so it could very well be wrong.
#736 Edited by beatboks1 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom: 
Thanks Phantom, as you'd know I'm not as versed on recent developments (unless they happen in a JSA title, Booster Gold or REBELS {though sadly not much longer} -  and  formerly Doom Patrol ).
Avatar image for termiteone4ever
#737 Posted by termiteone4ever (12719 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Wins in all three.

#738 Posted by HolySerpent (13762 posts) - - Show Bio
@termiteone4ever said:
" DC Wins in all three. "
#739 Edited by beatboks1 (9765 posts) - - Show Bio
@czarny_samael said:

4.People who means something in this battle without question: 
a)Endless-   
b)Lucifer 
c)Mxy 
d)The Presence 
e)Spectre  
You also forgot about: 
[f)]Omni-Monitor and 
[g)]Michael (((Ultimator - doesn't exist.)))  

My answers on these guys are:
a)Abraxas + Multi-Oblivion/army of millions upon millions of Oblivions 
b) + g) = Phoenix Force or Infinity Being
c)MJJ-238 
d)Living Tribunal 
e)The Vishanti or Shuma Gorath,etc.
f)TOAA  
And still Marvel have "others". P.S. Goth - lol "

I forgot to respond to this part of your post.
a)Abraxas would be a match for death, and the multi oblivion army may hold the others (may) yes
b)I would have match Pheonix force against Parrallax
c) Not farmiliar with MJJ-238 so I can't comment. However as I've said there are several others 5th dimensional imps = to Mxy so there better be more than just this character.
d)  Living Tribunal (IMO) is more the match for Rama Kushna (force for maintaining the balance between life, death, order and chaos). During reign in hell when things were bluey Rama almost self exploded (which would have ended everything -perfect balance)   TOAA is the only one to match the presence
e)either would be a more than fair match for  Spectre yes  (the other could match one of the former avatars of vengeance who are still around)
f) not sure who your referring to by Omni monitor (Nix Uotan perhaps ??), in any case TOAA is going to have his hands full with the presence. Plus that still leaves the great evil beast who is also omnipotent in all dimensions/planes and equal (in every respect ) to the presence.

Yes Marvel has more but you still have to account for Kulak, Zor, Eclipso, the Word, all equal to close or above the Spectre in power, plus the other 7 or 8 5th dim' Imps equal to Mxy. PLus the many characters I haven't included (like the monitors anti-monitor, greek Gods, New gods {I only included 3}, countless enemies of Fate and Spectre etc). 

Which brings me to

Some of those you asked about that I missed last time round.
 Kismit - immortal God in DCU only had a couple of appearances I'm aware of closely ranked with LT. If I'm not mistaken in JLA/Avengers Krona trapped the most powerful beings in M 616 and DC new Earth Eternity and Kismit (during which they fell in love)
Azmodus -  Former host of the Spectre (after Eclipso ) who joined with the demon Sekuba
Anti- matter man - powerful entity from the universe of Quard (he may have even have been the being who evolved into Nebula man not 100% sure)

In addition you mentioned that the LOO and LOC would be equal to the High demons (which I agree is true), but as a group they both become more like the Vishanti, or Endless (there are more of them to achieve it of course - atround a dozen to 3 or 6) which is also about where the combined Seven would sit, and the alliance between Ynar and Vandaemon (since as this alliance of Order and Chaos they were able to make their fellow lords blink out of existence -except Dr fate). presumably the alliance of the Lord of Order and Chaos responsible for Hawk and Dove would be equally powerful.
#740 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17185 posts) - - Show Bio
@beatboks1 said:
" I forgot to respond to this part of your post.
a)Abraxas would be a match for death, and the multi oblivion army may hold the others (may) yes
b)I would have match Pheonix force against Parrallax
c) Not farmiliar with MJJ-238 so I can't comment. However as I've said there are several others 5th dimensional imps = to Mxy so there better be more than just this character.
d)  Living Tribunal (IMO) is more the match for Rama Kushna (force for maintaining the balance between life, death, order and chaos). During reign in hell when things were bluey Rama almost self exploded (which would have ended everything -perfect balance)   TOAA is the only one to match the presence
e)either would be a more than fair match for  Spectre yes  (the other could match one of the former avatars of vengeance who are still around)
f) not sure who your referring to by Omni monitor (Nix Uotan perhaps ??), in any case TOAA is going to have his hands full with the presence. Plus that still leaves the great evil beast who is also omnipotent in all dimensions/planes and equal (in every respect ) to the presence.

Yes Marvel has more but you still have to account for Kulak, Zor, Eclipso, the Word, all equal to close or above the Spectre in power, plus the other 7 or 8 5th dim' Imps equal to Mxy.

Which brings me to

Some of those you asked about that I missed last time round.
 Kismit - immortal God in DCU only had a couple of appearances I'm aware of closely ranked with LT. If I'm not mistaken in JLA/Avengers Krona trapped the most powerful beings in M 616 and DC new Earth Eternity and Kismit (during which they fell in love)
Azmodus -  Former host of the Spectre (after Eclipso ) who joined with the demon Sekuba
Anti- matter man - powerful entity from the universe of Quard (he may have even have been the being who evolved into Nebula man not 100% sure) "
b)Phoenix Force is multiversal, not Universal. White Phoenix of The Crown is able to destroy a Universe and it is only a small fraction of PF power. Phoenix Force in full pwoer is a being who have power of live from whole Multiverse, like each other of her Avatars/Hosts from their Universe. Parallax is a threat to Univrese, so he is bassically an enemy to Insane Gennis-Vell (who killed Eternity and remade a Universe).
c)MJJ is pretty much Mxy. He is universal level threat and reality warper.  Against others I would use Jim JAspers from 616, who is Megaversal (in theory Omniversal, but no one in comics can be Omni-threat) level threat accroding to Omniversal's Guradians, like Roma and Cap. Britain in full power. JJ-616 is also fused with The Fury (who defeated MJJ-238) now.
d)The Presence is not Omnipotent. He said by himself that there are powers above him. I belive he was tlaking about writers (OverMonitor). That is why he is = TOAA and Presence = LT. Also I'm talking about The Presence with all his versions, like Rama and GEB.
e)So let say that we have 5 Spectre's level characters (What is Spectre's best feat? And isn't his power various? So fighting with him wouldn't be a prove to be a Universal therat). In Marvel I would put: Shuma-Gorath and other Many Angelled Ones ("Thanos Imperative"), The Vishanti, Gaea (currently she boosted Herc to be a Multiversal level threat), Chthon, Set, Sise-Neg, The Octessence (including Cyttorak) and many who were claimed to be in The Vishanti's (or above) level. Like Trinity of Ashes (The Vishanti's evil counterparts) or Slorioth (The Vishanti needed to summon LT to deal with him). Most of people who were mentioned here, are Universal level threats.
f)There can be only one omnipotent being in Megaverse. DC's is Omnimonitor (writers) and Marvel's is TOAA (also writers). Other are just uber-powerfull.
g)Marvel still has MoD, Roma, Merlyn, Cap. Britain, Jamie Braddock, Chaos War Hercules, Infinity Being, The Fulcrum, Current Tiamut, Hunger and Multi-Abstracts.
#741 Posted by TheDEMON! (572 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel because of shear numbers of universes and mikaboshi can probably solobmost of the dc verse.
#742 Posted by pcbh168 (1839 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel for all three.

Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
#743 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1168 posts) - - Show Bio
@Anathema said:

1st one - Marvel

2nd one - DC

3rd one - DC

Avatar image for themightyavenger
#744 Posted by TheMightyAvenger (1917 posts) - - Show Bio

It's all a matter of perspective and preference, i say Marvel and DC are equal because i like both equally. Although my favorite character is from Marvel.

#745 Posted by gravitypress (2102 posts) - - Show Bio

I would normally go:
1. MU
2. MU
3. DC
but my gut tells me
1. N/A
2. MU
3. DC

#746 Edited by alcoholbob (1314 posts) - - Show Bio

If you include the huge number of cosmics and abstracts in Marvel, it would likely edge out DC in a battle.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
#747 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12469 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Marvel 
2. Marvel 
3. Depends
#748 Posted by WaveMotionGun (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel, Marvel ,DC (only because the characters are ridiculously overpowered and their fanboys are more stubborn and rabid on the Vine).

Avatar image for supermandefender
#749 Posted by supermandefender (2170 posts) - - Show Bio

1. DC to me has better  stories and ties its characters to big events which I feel Marvel lacks and the big time villians in Marvel dont keep coming around like they do in DC which makes it for more exciting of a read for me. The last couple Marvel series i really liked were Seige, WWhulk,Annihilation,and the Civil war. There were other ok stories like Chaos war and secert invasion but I just felt like lack of good material. Oh another good plot was Infinite gauntlet. But if you compare those stories to like DC's Crisis of infintie earths, Zero hour, Death of Superman, infinite crisis, war of the new gods, SCW, Final crisis legion of 3 worlds, Blackest night, and other greats they seem alot better and well written. And I feel what DC is doing right in there stories is they bring back the big bad names and then bring them back into stories when the big crisises that the DCU is having so it makes it seem more special when they all come together. 

2. I think DC does better with there characters and the great Characters marvel has they dont shine as much as DC shines its better or fan favorite characters. Example. Silver Surfer is a great story character but with tons of bad written material and not used nearly enough and not involved in Marvel U major stories. The last few I really liked that had Surfer in it was the annihilation and Chaos wars and Chaos wars was done sorta bad to me. Secret Invasion is another example of have Surfer back and it pretty much made his part in it very good. But other great stories like Civil wars or Seige Surfer is no where to be found in them and I feel he should be involved more. I mean you have this very popular character that they are not using. 
DC on the other hand uses its favorite characters on a reg. bases......Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green lantern. Each have there own comic and each are also involved in big stories. 
I think DC wins in the popular characters issue. 

3. I think this is a tie because the Presence and the One above all will face and its a draw and everyone else loses.

#750 Posted by m0ntyb0y (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

DC for 1 and 2

3. Presence and One above All draw...everyone else is inconsequential