User Lists: 0

TP goes brrr

SirKaboom15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Superboys speed MIGHT solo, but Wonder Man could take Connor down.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Team DC

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

TP goes brrr

Aquaman? Good luck getting past half of these guys with that. Not even sure he'd do that.

OT: Marvel team. Thing and Wonder Man are just too potent for guys on the other side. Steel and Superboy would be able to brawl with them but not for very long. Even Eagle, the weakest here by far is pretty beefy stat wise.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm gonna see DC due to Superboy.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@odin619360 said:

I'm gonna see DC due to Superboy.

Superboy? I wouldn't say he's any better than Thing or Wonder Man, quite frankly.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: that's fair I suppose, Thing is a beast in particular, I just feel speed will make a different. Can Wonderman make up for that? Or does he need to?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: that's fair I suppose, Thing is a beast in particular, I just feel speed will make a different. Can Wonderman make up for that? Or does he need to?

I mean Superboy can bullrush but Thing has tagged people before when they've tried to do that multiple times over. Wonder Man has the durability advantage and only really needs to get hands on him to get good shots in.

ODIN619360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for matchesmalone28
matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@odin619360 said:

I mean Superboy can bullrush but Thing has tagged people before when they've tried to do that multiple times over. Wonder Man has the durability advantage and only really needs to get hands on him to get good shots in.

Damage might be a problem to Wonder Man since his main ability is to absorb all kinds of energy (which includes kinetic energy) and use it to enhance himself,because his body works like a biochemical reactor.

Absorbing kinetic energy from Metallo's blows
Absorbing kinetic energy from Metallo's blows
Absorbing all the radiation from a nuclear reactor
Absorbing all the radiation from a nuclear reactor

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team DC due to Aquaman's Telepathy and Damage's energy absorption

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: I don't see him being able to absorb Wonder Man's Ionic Energy considering how unstable it is. You can't just bottle it up etc. Plus, if I'm aware, Metallo was still smacking him around.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28: I don't see him being able to absorb Wonder Man's Ionic Energy considering how unstable it is. You can't just bottle it up etc. Plus, if I'm aware, Metallo was still smacking him around.

It seems you didn't understand or you seem to be ignoring it, because you have little knowledge about the character. it doesn't matter if the energy is stable or not, he's still able to absorb and feed on the energy... During Zero Hour event Grant was able to absorb Captain Atom,The Ray,Donna Troy's energy blast and Superman's heat vision at same time.

So you're underestimating Grant because it was knocked out by one of the strongest versions of Metallo,while wasn't even powered.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: IRRC after recover from a mental breakdown WonderMan turned into a pacifist refusing to resort to violence and isnce this battle is in character,that would be a problem.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

It seems you didn't understand or you seem to be ignoring it, because you have little knowledge about the character. it doesn't matter if the energy is stable or not, he's still able to absorb and feed on the energy

Ofc, very character has a limit to what they can or can't do, in this case the Ionic Energy you are (trying) to say he can, in this case, absorb Ionic Energy, despite the fact that supernatural forces like Mephisto have tried to do so in the past, tried to manipulate his form, and completely failed. Mephisto had to use his brother combined with trying to convince him with forms of his parents to get anywhere to access.

During Zero Hour event Grant was able to absorb Captain Atom,The Ray,Donna Troy's energy blast and Superman's heat vision at same time

Pretty good. Good enough? Not sure.

So you're underestimating Grant

Not really.

because it was knocked out by one of the strongest versions of Metallo

What makes you say so?

Let's go to your second statement.

@matchesmalone28 said:

@professorrespect: IRRC after recover from a mental breakdown WonderMan turned into a pacifist refusing to resort to violence and isnce this battle is in character,that would be a problem.

This is outdated information. If we were in, say, 2013 when he said this was true, or a little while after, you might have been correct, but Wonder Man has fought people multiple times, even willingly joining a strike force in the War of the Realms, which doesn't sound like a pacifistic action to me. Simon may not be gun-ho but he isn't watching his friends get beat down.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel team, thing and WM seem immediately more impressive than anyone on the DC side

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC. If we use high ends for Thing.

What is a high end for Ben Grimm?

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What makes you say so?

Because this version of Metallo was empowered and improved by Neron

@matchesmalone28 said:

This is outdated information. If we were in, say, 2013 when he said this was true, or a little while after, you might have been correct, but Wonder Man has fought people multiple times, even willingly joining a strike force in the War of the Realms. Simon may not be gun-ho but he isn't watching his friends get beat down.

I read a few Marvel comics....so this is the last thing I remember. Sorry.

@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

It seems you didn't understand or you seem to be ignoring it, because you have little knowledge about the character. it doesn't matter if the energy is stable or not, he's still able to absorb and feed on the energy

Ofc, very character has a limit to what they can or can't do, in this case the Ionic Energy you are (trying) to say he can, in this case, absorb Ionic Energy, despite the fact that supernatural forces like Mephisto have tried to do so in the past, tried to manipulate his form, and completely failed.

Yet Madade Masque and Kang figure out a way to stop him through technology capable of manipulating its ionic form. Then, it is not impossible. Of course, every character has its limits, but there is no form of energy, which he has not been able to absorb until then.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

What makes you say so?

Ah yes, but Metallo was also defeated by Blue Superman, drastically weaker than regular Sups, and that was him amped on extra tech around him, as per Metallo's Neron influenced powers, I should also note that Metallo's powers from Neron were ONLY techpathic in nature: meaning he could build things from tech around him via contact. Nothing to do with durability or physical stats.

Hell, Metallo before the Neron amp was powerful enough to send Superman reeling without exploiting his weakness multiple times over.

@professorrespect said:
@matchesmalone28 said:

This is outdated information. If we were in, say, 2013 when he said this was true, or a little while after, you might have been correct, but Wonder Man has fought people multiple times, even willingly joining a strike force in the War of the Realms. Simon may not be gun-ho but he isn't watching his friends get beat down.

I read a few Marvel comics....so this is the last thing I remember. Sorry

No problem.

@professorrespect said:
@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

Ofc, very character has a limit to what they can or can't do, in this case the Ionic Energy you are (trying) to say he can, in this case, absorb Ionic Energy, despite the fact that supernatural forces like Mephisto have tried to do so in the past, tried to manipulate his form, and completely failed.

Yet Madade Masque and Kang figure out a way to stop him through technology capable of manipulating its ionic form

Yes, and this technology was highly advanced, was used by Masque to defeat a demi-god who could smack around Thor and the Avengers just fine, and Kang was from the 31th century, with tech beyond our imagination. Compared to this guy, I don't know if he meets those standards.

Then, it is not impossible

True, but it is not perhaps probable with the feats I have seen thus far.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By matchesmalone28

@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

What makes you say so?

Ah yes, but Metallo was also defeated by Blue Superman, drastically weaker than regular Sups, and that was him amped on extra tech around him, as per Metallo's Neron influenced powers, I should also note that Metallo's powers from Neron were ONLY techpathic in nature: meaning he could build things from tech around him via contact. Nothing to do with durability or physical stats.

Hell, Metallo before the Neron amp was powerful enough to send Superman reeling without exploiting his weakness multiple times over.

Blue Superman might be weak in terms of physical strength, but by no means is he weak in raw power and thatSuperman one-shot Metallo by using alight construct.

No Caption Provided

Actually Metallo was able to assimilate vast volumes of metals to increase its mass and size, so it could increase its druability... I remember that he was given a new, more durable and stronger body (by Cerberus) to fight Superman.

l

@professorrespect said:
@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

Yet Madade Masque and Kang figure out a way to stop him through technology capable of manipulating its ionic form

Yes, and this technology was highly advanced, was used by Masque to defeat a demi-god who could smack around Thor and the Avengers just fine, and Kang was from the 31th century, with tech beyond our imagination. Compared to this guy, I don't know if he meets those standards.

If someone is capabel to build technology capable to manipulate ionic energy,so someone whose main power is to absorb and manipulate energy ''a nature skill'' would be also capable to do the same.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

What makes you say so?

Blue Superman might be weak in terms of physical strength, but by no means is he weak in raw power and thatSuperman one-shot Metallo by using alight construct

I think most people would agree that Blue Superman isn't as potent as regular Superman out of physical stats. He certainly isn't as well rounded or strong anyway.

Actually Metallo was able to assimilate vast volumes of metals to increase its mass and size

Correct, but this was mostly bikes, helicopters, battleships....not exactly a significant improvement worth mentioning.

@professorrespect said:
@professorrespect said:
@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

If someone is capabel to build technology capable to manipulate ionic energy

Again, this tech was from the 31th century, and was built by a genius related to Reed Richards. The bar is...not as low as the statement implies.

so someone whose main power is to absorb and manipulate energy

Again, if Mephisto can't do it naturally and needs to trick Simon, what's the chances of this guy?

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:
@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

What makes you say so?

Blue Superman might be weak in terms of physical strength, but by no means is he weak in raw power and thatSuperman one-shot Metallo by using alight construct

I think most people would agree that Blue Superman isn't as potent as regular Superman out of physical stats. He certainly isn't as well rounded or strong anyway.

Actually Metallo was able to assimilate vast volumes of metals to increase its mass and size

Correct, but this was mostly bikes, helicopters, battleships....not exactly a significant improvement worth mentioning.

ok

Again, this tech was from the 31th century, and was built by a genius related to Reed Richards. The bar is...not as low as the statement implies.

Again, if Mephisto can't do it naturally and needs to trick Simon, what's the chances of this guy?

Madame Masque isn't even near the level of Reed or Kang but was still able to do something similar and yet Mephisto couldn't do the same,what could be understood as WIS. So I reiterate if someone through technology can do this with Simon, someone with natural ability could also do....

Who is the American Eagle? I don't remember him

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:
@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

What makes you say so?

ok

@professorrespect said:

Madame Masque isn't even near the level of Reed or Kang

Correct, but she needed lots of time, and even then the device only caused (quite small) leakage, it didn't actually hurt Nefaria in any way. That is a far cry from absorbing him outright or the vast majority of Wonder Man's powers, as you stated.

So I reiterate if someone through technology can do this with Simon, someone with natural ability could also do

I don't. No one has despite some having the capabilities to do so if they really, honestly wanted to attempt it. That tells me that Simon is just too much of a black box to effect.

RT here.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RT here.

He has few feats but I did a little research on it,but I think it can be easily dispatched by Superboy

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

RT here.

He has few feats but I did a little research on it,but I think it can be easily dispatched by Superboy

I think so as well, but I think it probably won't happen that way as the bigger bricks will have their eyes on him.

Avatar image for sonochinosadame
Sonochinosadame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder man is literally MADE out of energy, I don’t get how they’re going to take him down, and he’s fought with the hulk and vision before(hulk stomped him and I don’t remember the vision fight just remember hearing about it so if I’m wrong tell me) but hulk also hits a lot harder than superboy. Citizen steel is just a guy who can turn his skin into metal, except he’s not nearly as strong as colossus. Both the thing and colossus have fought some of marvel’s heaviest hitters, this fight isn’t going in DC’s favor.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By matchesmalone28

@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

RT here.

I think so as well, but I think it probably won't happen that way as the bigger bricks will have their eyes on him.

despite not being at the same strength level as most of the Marvel Team,Superboy can still speedblitz most of them or use his powers in more creative ways to knocked out some of them (American Eagle and Colossus) ,while Aquaman use his telepathy and Citizen Steel and Damage deal with the others. Although there would be immense difficulty to defeat Wonder Man in Ionic Form...

I believe that in this form he's immune to telepathy right?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@matchesmalone28 said:
@professorrespect said:

RT here.

despite not being at the same strength level as most of the Marvel Team,Superboy can still speedblitz most of them

Who is speedblitzing?

while Aquaman use his telepathy

Doesn't use that for fights usually.

Although there would be immense difficulty to defeat Wonder Man in Ionic Form...

I agree with that, it is quite tricky.

I believe that in this form he's immune to telepathy right?

I believe so, but I'm not a big expert. I call @noobmaster2001 to the stand.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonder man is literally MADE out of energy, I don’t get how they’re going to take him down, and he’s fought with the hulk and vision before(hulk stomped him and I don’t remember the vision fight just remember hearing about it so if I’m wrong tell me) but hulk also hits a lot harder than superboy. Citizen steel is just a guy who can turn his skin into metal, except he’s not nearly as strong as colossus. Both the thing and colossus have fought some of marvel’s heaviest hitters, this fight isn’t going in DC’s favor.

Wonder Man wasn't trying in that instance, and it was Immortal Hulk.

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong. Citizen Steel is entirely made of organic metal (muscle,Skin,Hair,Bones) and although he isn't as strong as Colossus (Citizen have few strength feats),he is as durable as Colossus.

No Caption Provided

Also his suit is also made of metal but the main function of the suit is not for protection, but to reduce its strength and mobility....the suit has a tensile strength of 28.0000 pounds per square inch

matchesmalone28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He used at least Six times already....against KordaxDespero,a White Martian,Swamp Thing,Tiamat and Doctior Polaris

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

He used at least Six times already....against KordaxDespero,a White Martian,Swamp Thing,Tiamat and Doctior Polaris

Notice how half of those are against specific foes? Like a White Martian with TP, Despero has TP as well, Swamp Thing has it as well, etc etc. Aquaman isn't the type to really do so, and only six instances with a major character with at least 20+ years of showings isn't enough to say it's consistent.

Avatar image for deactivated-618f9ab870bc3
deactivated-618f9ab870bc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman can win this solo via TP. Other than that, marvel.

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@professorrespect: Wonder man doesn't really have any telepathy resistance feats IIRC.

Avatar image for deactivated-61699d62a80aa
deactivated-61699d62a80aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Idk who wins here but Aquaman is not solo'ing with TP. I'ts not even in character for him to use it in a random encounter.

Aristeaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damage can potentially solo at full potential. Implied heavily that he has the powers of every person he shares DNA with.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace: Sure, but he never uses it against his usual foes like Black Manta, Ocean Master etc. Those two have nothing to suggest that they have some sort of TP resistance unless I'm missing something here.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@ecstaticgrace said:

DC. If we use high ends for Thing.

What is a high end for Ben Grimm?

That Immortal Hulk fight for example people been running around with for awhile now on the vine is the first to come to mind.

It's not really a big high end. Ben gets his ass kicked for the whole bout by Hulk, gets gravely injured but keeps on going regardless, eventually scoring a big strike to take the win at the cost of his arm, and was unconscious for a whole week.

If that's a high end, then you'd probably think the Champion of the Universe bout, a being that fodderized guys like Wonder Man and such easily, having his ribs busted by Thing and him surviving a onslaught for multiple rounds over, is one as well, despite it being a defining moment for him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ecstaticgrace

That doesn’t sound more like it’s an issue of plot more than anything to you? Like Superman not using his super speed to dismantle a Lex robot or his war suit and rather going pages with it and letting it hit him with red sun rays.

Bad example. Why would Superman use his superspeed on some fodder Lex Robot? Plus, I believe that it was stated once that Superman holds back his speed once.

I get your point tho, but I think it can be explained by Aquaman being someone who has his a pride and a reputation. For example, in Arthur's 2016 series he didn't want to call the Justice League to help him fight the Shaggy Man and wanted to do it on his own. It could be that he sees his TP as a "last resort", and that he only uses it at the start of an encounter when the situation asks for TP.