Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"In no particular orderDeathstrikeOrionBig BardaKillowogVandal SavageM"

Deathstroke :P but I agree with your list. I didn't know we could use powers.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Sync

Leaving Karate Kid out of it, who are dc top fighters and why?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Methos

In no particular order

Deathstrike

Orion

Big Barda

Killowog

Vandal Savage

M

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn
  1. Richard Dragon

2. Bronze Tiger

3. Cassandra Cain

4. Batman

5. Lady Shiva

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sync

lol , i was trying to leave powers out of it, and just leave martial fighters

but maddog beat batgirl(though it was questionable, yet he owned her the whole fight) and batgirl beat shiva ????

brozne tiger his richard dragron equal who also beat lady shiva

I agree real close with king saturn, expect i would put maybe Constantine Drakon in??????

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

"Deathstroke :P but I agree with your list. I didn't know we could use powers."

typo lol

anyway, without powers i was talking about...

all of my list would kick serious ass even without their powers just using their hand to hand skills

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Methos says:

"Gambler says:
"Deathstroke :P but I agree with your list. I didn't know we could use powers."

typo lol

anyway, without powers i was talking about...

all of my list would kick serious ass even without their powers just using their hand to hand skills

M

"

I don't know if I can agree with that statement. But I dont know enough about them to challenge it either. Without powers Deathstroke isn't on the same level as Cassandra Cain, he can barley hold his own against her with powers. That kinda drops him out of the top five (my opinion) Big Barda is awesome, without powers she's still a great fighter. The others I'm just not to familiar with.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

i always saw Deathstroke as being better than Cassie, but guess thats down to interpretation...

Orion is definitely on the list, he's been around a few millenia training to fight Darkseid and the legions of Apokalypse

Big Barda - Trained as a Darkseids personal guard and leader of the female furies

Killowog - Trainer of Green Lanterns, focuses on hand to hand as well as Ring powers, he's big, tough, and about 700 years of fighting skill... he's hard!

Vandal Savage - he's been around since the neolithic era, fighting and proving his worth... he's got to have picked up a thing or two, not to mention his reflexes are quick enough to back hand The Flash lol

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Nice.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Nighthunter

if it's without powers:

1-The sensei: He defeated using hand to hand combat Batman and practically killed him with just one minute

2-Connor Hawke: A great warrior, his skills alone make him join the list, however it is thanks to his ability to copy the opponents moveset after seeing it (similar to taskmaster's photograhic reflexes) he get's my second place.

3-Richard Dragon: Until the sensei entered the big picture he was considered the best fighter after Karate Kid. His unarmed combat is as good as the one of Connor Hawke and is if I'm not mistaken the only guy besides of Lady Shiva that has been shown to be able to do the "leopard claw)" (bnth of them shown in the series Richard Dragon: Kung Fu fighter)

4-Silver Monkey: Haven't seen much of this guy but damn he has some really good skills.

5-Batman: Come on he is the goddamn batman :P

Originally I thought of putting Batgirl or Lady Shiva instead of Batman but lately we've seen so many comics in which they are defeated, humiliated, etc.

One perfect example is that Batgirl was an even match for Tim Drake in the Robin's OYL storyline, which I personally take it as cannon as Green Arrow beating Deathstroke.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#13  Edited By Mighty Thorion

Post Deleted.

Mighty Thorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 34

#14  Edited By Mighty Thorion
  1. Batman

2. Ra's Al Ghul

3. Richard Dragon

4. Black Canary

5. Nightwing

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I did up lists for Marvel and DC but I can't find them. Disappointing.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Deathstroke let Green Arrow defeat him, and Connor Hawke isn't even on the same level as Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain. (its bad writing)

In fact Deathstroke nearly killed GA on at least two separate occasions.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Connor Hawke isn't even on the same level as Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain. (its bad writing)"

Uh, why's it bad writing?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Could you rewrite that?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"Connor Hawke isn't even on the same level as Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain. (its bad writing)"

Uh, why's it bad writing?"

In there recent showings being not only defeated, but humiliated. When everything before that was the complete opposite. I'm not saying they cant be beaten, but several humiliating loses to characters they would have curbed stomped before (to me is bad writing)

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Barry Flash

No order, just of the top of my head:

-Batman

-Black Canary

-Superman Prime

-Hal Jordan

-Richard Dragon

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Barry Flash says:

"-Superman Prime-Hal Jordan"

I disagree with some of those people have posted, but I understand why they picked them. I don't get these two.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Methos

Barry Flash says:

-Batman - possible... i wouldn't rank him in the top 5 though

-Black Canary - again, same as batman, she's good, but she's not that good...

-Superman Prime - huh? seriously? why?

-Hal Jordan - trained with Black Canary, Batman and others.. he's good, but he's not brilliant...

-Richard Dragon - no clue

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Barry Flash

Basically what Methos said but for Superman Prime, i seen him beat Anti-Monitor and the new Ion in Green Lantern #26 i think it was in.

And Richard Dragon, i don't have much of a clue myself but someone said he was a very good Martial Artist on another Topic.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Methos

Barry Flash says:

"Basically what Methos said but for Superman Prime, i seen him beat Anti-Monitor and the new Ion in Green Lantern #26 i think it was in.And Richard Dragon, i don't have much of a clue myself but someone said he was a very good Martial Artist on another Topic."

Nah...

i've never seen Superman Prime display any fighting ability that was beyond basic brawling...

if he has the same history as Superman he has basic fighting skills, but nothing seriously groundbreaking

M

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Okay, my origin post was directed towards Nighthunter (I just didn't quote him) in his post he said, "Originally I thought of putting Batgirl or Lady Shiva instead of Batman but lately we've seen so many comics in which they are defeated, humiliated, etc."

Thats actually the part I was referring to as bad writing. Them being humiliated in battle. Not just defeated, but humiliated.

I know Connor is great martial artist, but he's not an elite one. I put Batman, Cassandra Cain, and Lady Shiva in that elite class.

not sure if you saw this on the other page Buck.

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Barry Flash

Methos says:

"Barry Flash says:
"Basically what Methos said but for Superman Prime, i seen him beat Anti-Monitor and the new Ion in Green Lantern #26 i think it was in.And Richard Dragon, i don't have much of a clue myself but someone said he was a very good Martial Artist on another Topic."

Nah...

i've never seen Superman Prime display any fighting ability that was beyond basic brawling...

if he has the same history as Superman he has basic fighting skills, but nothing seriously groundbreaking

M"

I know what you're saying, just plain fighting he uses, but i think that's cool when you have that much power to use it like Prime has, that's why i chose him.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Methos

Barry Flash says:

"I know what you're saying, just plain fighting he uses, but i think that's cool when you have that much power to use it like Prime has, that's why i chose him."

yeah. but the whole point of this thread is powerless fighters

M

Barry Flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Barry Flash

Methos says:

"Barry Flash says:
"I know what you're saying, just plain fighting he uses, but i think that's cool when you have that much power to use it like Prime has, that's why i chose him."

yeah. but the whole point of this thread is powerless fighters

M

"

Oh okay, well thanks for pointing it out, i thought it was just general strong fighters.

Well then i replace Superman Prime for Nightwing.

And i replace Hal Jordan for The Question

Post Edited:2008-02-28 11:29:38

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Gambler says:

"Buckshot says:
"Could you rewrite that?"

Okay, my origin post was directed towards Nighthunter (I just didn't quote him) in his post he said, "Originally I thought of putting Batgirl or Lady Shiva instead of Batman but lately we've seen so many comics in which they are defeated, humiliated, etc."

Thats actually the part I was referring to as bad writing.

I know Connor is great martial artist, but he's not an elite one. I put Batman, Cassandra Cain, and Lady Shiva in that elite class.

Hope that helps."

Alright, didn't know that it wasn't for me. But for the Connor thing, he is an elite fighter. To be honest, I haven't read a lot of Connor, but when I do see him (and it's not a Green Arrow thing where he's all about bows) he gets brought up as one of the most skilled fighters in the world. Top tier. Most times when I see it it's just people talking about how he's one of the best fighters, but for something that actually shows it, check out the 2004 Richard Dragon series. He was in the last couple issues of that and it was all about the very best fighters (not heroes). Basically, there was a tournament and the winner would face Shiva in a fight to the death. Only Connor and Richard Dragon made it to the end (Richard wanted to face Shiva himself so he pretended he was helping Connor escape and broke his leg so he couldn't fight, but still, he made it to the end). The two had fought before the tournament as well and they were dead even (fight only ended when both were electrocuted by Shiva's men) and Richard was telling Connor that he was "scary good". At other points Richard (monologuing) says that Connor is "the best (his emphasis, not mine) empty hand fighter I've ever seen" aside from Shiva (Connor has fought Shiva to a standstill before btw). Even if there was nothing else to support it I'd say that Connor is an elite fighter.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"Buckshot says:

Hope that helps."

Alright, didn't know that it wasn't for me. But for the Connor thing, he is an elite fighter. To be honest, I haven't read a lot of Connor, but when I do see him (and it's not a Green Arrow thing where he's all about bows) he gets brought up as one of the most skilled fighters in the world. Top tier. Most times when I see it it's just people talking about how he's one of the best fighters, but for something that actually shows it, check out the 2004 Richard Dragon series. He was in the last couple issues of that and it was all about the very best fighters (not heroes). Basically, there was a tournament and the winner would face Shiva in a fight to the death. Only Connor and Richard Dragon made it to the end (Richard wanted to face Shiva himself so he pretended he was helping Connor escape and broke his leg so he couldn't fight, but still, he made it to the end). The two had fought before the tournament as well and they were dead even (fight only ended when both were electrocuted by Shiva's men) and Richard was telling Connor that he was "scary good". At other points Richard (monologuing) says that Connor is "the best (his emphasis, not mine) empty hand fighter I've ever seen" aside from Shiva (Connor has fought Shiva to a standstill before btw). Even if there was nothing else to support it I'd say that Connor is an elite fighter.

"

Thats impressive. I guess I was off the mark on that one. Good lookin out.

POHOCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By POHOCOM
  1. Bronze Tiger (Don't recall him ever losing to anyone)

2. Lady Shiva (Reputation goes a long way.)

3. Richard Dragon (Was about to beat Shiva before fight was interrupted).

4. Conner Hawke (I think Batman himself acknowledged his superiority)

5. Myg AKA Karate Kid II (Why did DC let a character with such potential go to waste?)
    Post Edited:2008-02-28 19:49:35

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nighthunter

Buckshot says:

"Gambler says:
"Buckshot says:

Hope that helps."

"

yeah I know that people usually understimate him because of the name Green Arrow lol, in fact I did too until I saw him in stories like dragon's blood, richard dragon, etc

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Nighthunter

POHOCOM says:

"1. Bronze Tiger (Don't recall him ever losing to anyone)2. Lady Shiva (Reputation goes a long way.)3. Richard Dragon (Was about to beat Shiva before fight was interrupted).4. Conner Hawke (I think Batman himself acknowledged his superiority)5. Myg AKA Karate Kid II (Why did DC let a character with such potential go to waste?)
Post Edited:2008-02-28 19:49:35"

good list

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Except Conner isn't better then Lady Shiva or Cassandra Cain :p

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Apparition

POHOCOM says:

"1. Bronze Tiger (Don't recall him ever losing to anyone) 2. Lady Shiva (Reputation goes a long way.) 3. Richard Dragon (Was about to beat Shiva before fight was interrupted). 4. Conner Hawke (I think Batman himself acknowledged his superiority) 5. Myg AKA Karate Kid II (Why did DC let a character with such potential go to waste?)
Post Edited:2008-02-28 19:49:35"

i like your list!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nighthunter

Gambler says:

"Except Conner isn't better then Lady Shiva or Cassandra Cain :p"

shhh :P

Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39  Edited By Zoom

Gambler says:

"Except Conner isn't better then Lady Shiva or Cassandra Cain :p"

He's still probably in the top ten list of dc martial artists, but Shiva is in the top three.

Batgirl is superhuman without meaning to be. I don't know where to put her.