DC Ares vs DC "Skyfathers"

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By TifaLockhart

Yes, I realize "Skyfather" is a Marvel term. Random encounter. In-character with incentive to win. Win is by death (in the case of immortality, one death is sufficient) or KO - there is no BFR here! Standard gear, no prep. No outside help. Battles take place in the Underdrome. PIS, CIS, and WIS as an excuse are not admissible here for thread purposes. The versions of characters used are Post-Crisis but Pre-Flashpoint, and all characters are from when they were alive for thread purposes. Who and more importantly WHY?

PLEASE GIVE A REASON, ANY REASON, NO MATTER HOW STUPID, AS TO WHY YOU SAY WHO YOU SAY WOULD WIN. THANK YOU.

5. DC Ares vs. Darkseid

4. DC Ares vs. Ganthet

3. DC Ares vs. the Wizard Shazam!

2. DC Ares vs. DC Zeus

1. DC Ares vs. the Phantom Stranger (let the speculation begin)

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Saren

If Ares doesn't have the Godwave would he even beat Darkseid? And he's not beating Shazam, the guy went toe-to-toe with the Spectre for 4 pages before getting killed.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TifaLockhart

@CitizenBane: I honestly don't know. I pretty much used the Quintessence with Darkseid substituted for Highfather, since Ares killed Highfather.

BTW, I forgot to mention in the OP, but these are individual matchups, not a gauntlet.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By TDK_1997

I'm not sire if he will get past Darkseid without Godwave.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Does Ares still have power and control over the underworld? 
Haven't really heard much after that, I know that Wonder Woman killed him with an axe to the head..not quite sure how that was possible. 

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jeanroygrant

Loses to all.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By vuviper

@jeanroygrant: I think he could beat Zeus at least. When Jove, Zeus, Ares, Odin, and Highfather were merged as the One, Ares was able to kick out Jove without any of the other being able to stop him, Then he defeated Highfater. Ares also killed Hades, and with that added that power to his and made Poseidon run away with his tail between his legs.

AND he is also one of my all time favorite heroclix

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TifaLockhart

@vuviper: Legacy or DC 75th? I prefer the DC 75th version by far.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vuviper

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@vuviper: Legacy or DC 75th? I prefer the DC 75th version by far.

Legacy. And he killed anything back then

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

5. DC Ares vs. Darkseid: Darkseid wins. The Greek gods exist thanks to the godwave, what happened after the death of the ancestors of New Genesis and Apokolips, Darkseid has more millennia of existence and experience than him.

4. DC Ares vs. Ganthet:no Ideia

3. DC Ares vs. the Wizard Shazam: Ares wins,Shazam isn't a skyfather. his powers came from other Gods like the Greek Gods or the Old and Forgotten Gods.

2. DC Ares vs. DC Zeus:Ares Wins After he became God of War and Conflict,Ares became more powerful than his father.

1. DC Ares vs. the Phantom Stranger (let the speculation begin):as the same to Shazam,Ares wins but is not capable to kill him.

@OmegaDynasty:Yes she killed him, but theaxe was a weapon that belonged to Ares,more strong than any weapons. But remember that even dead Ares did not stop pestering the Diana's life,he traveled to the future and rescued the corpse of Wonder Woman and gave him to The Society,that with her corpse and more soil samples where large massacres occurred, created Genocide.

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Telcalipoca

reading some of the ares replies i looks like DC ares arpes Ares from marvel

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dc' s Ares emerged in the 40s, created by William Moulton Marston. when it was revitalized by george perez in the '80s, Ares became increasingly powerful, he is the poster of the Greek gods strong and able to manipulate and even control people to fight, after killing his uncle Hades became king of the dead and some time later became god of conflict, any fight, war or even feed their power, air is virtually immortal, his body may die but his soul never.

Marvel's air is a joke is not as strong as his brother Hercules, is not immortal and can not even face the Hulk in a fight, a character totally ridiculous@Telcalipoca:

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel Ares isn't exactly a joke but he's a mere mid tier/low top tier at best. Definitely not on the level of his DC counterpart though.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Btw, for anyone wondering no Godwave for Ares if it isn't standard/makes him more powerful than normal.

@tedirey: A sincere "thank you" for your response in line with my request for reasoning. Bravo.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Darkseid ain't no Skyfather tho

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

>Phantom Stranger
>Skyfather

Eh...

OT: Loses to all.

katrurius17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By katrurius17

Darkseid is no Skyfather, and Phantom Stranger also not but the other way around.

Ares easily clears all up to Phantom Stranger, were he stops.

Marishtar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Marishtar

Ares stomps Darkseid, clears Ganthet and Shazam, stomps Zeus, and stops at Phantom Stranger.

gunchar16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedirey said:
@tifalockhart said:

PLEASE GIVE A REASON, ANY REASON, NO MATTER HOW STUPID, AS TO WHY YOU SAY WHO YOU SAY WOULD WIN. THANK YOU.

5. DC Ares vs. Darkseid

Normal versions, Ares wins as he has no real low showings and is more consistent

4. DC Ares vs. Ganthet

Ares stomps because Ganthet abhors combat while Ares is empowered by it. Plus, the energy used by the Guardians is a mere aspect of the Godwave which powers the DC gods.

3. DC Ares vs. the Wizard Shazam!

Random encounter, Ares should kill him in a millisecond.

The Wizard wins but barely especially if he has prep. He is wise just as he is powerful.

2. DC Ares vs. DC Zeus

Depends on who has more followers. Zeus stomps during the ancient times because the sky has lots of followers. Modern times, mankind's nature keeps Ares strong while Zeus' power remains stagnant as people no longer "fear the skies"

1. DC Ares vs. the Phantom Stranger (let the speculation begin)

Ares needs at least "Nuclear War" empowerment level to beat the stranger because a near "World War 3" event makes his power incalculable and almost as powerful as he is in his own realm the Areopagus where he is supreme and omnipotent.

Agreed with most of this.