DBZ RULE UPDATE (ALL USERS READ)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@ariesxmasters: being mature has nothing to do with this and is pointless , it's the internet people are not always who they seem to be or act

andr4132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

cool

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm glad to see the vine move in this direction. Censorship is always bad and more diversity will bring more interesting battles

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This is going to go bad very quickly

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm

Can't say anything as I've never seen DBZ

(Ducks head to avoid tomatoes)

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smxlr8:

Hmmm I understand what you mean, and you're right. I just mean't for the people who cannot control themselves because it is the internet, can they just try to not mess it up for the ones who are happy with this rule.

RedRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RedRanger

The admins have thrown us a nice bone!

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By myerlanski

This is great stuff...just watch out for those out to ruin things on purpose...who are out to ruin things on purpose...they will be on the prowl...

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good News

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good to hear.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#61 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman:

Hmm yes I see well this is a step forward in the right direction ad least.

Question: If you see that the users are mature and civil enough to be able to debate Dbz without it spinning out of control would you consider a allowing video game characters next?

At the moment, I'm thinking of the current situation. No other alterations to the rule are even being considered at this time.

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Meh. Bad idea. DBZ vs. any other universe threads simply don't mix like, at all.

I still don't understand why people just can't debate the stuff somewhere else.. I see no changes.

Frocharocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was sad that they were banned because of some people.....

Avatar image for thefantomconvoy
thefantomconvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@micah said:

@lukehero said:

Do not flood the site with Z threads. Do not engage fan bases you know hate DBZ. This could be a major turn around for the site mates. Don't screw it up.

@sodamyat said:

@etheral_dreams said:

Hallelujah.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

HALLELUJAH MY BROTHERS

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aw drats I was hoping to make a Godmode Wonder Woman vs Goku thread. :|

JK. Anyways, yay. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Do not flood the site with Z threads. Do not engage fan bases you know hate DBZ. This could be a major turn around for the site mates. Don't screw it up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba
deactivated-5a5a76120d2ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman

Ok all annoyance aside, why not just make an anime forum?

There are many more people on this site that love anime than actually read comics.

With a forum of their own they can do all the battles they could ever want, and they could make any vs fight they want.

the site gets a ton more visitors.

not only that but those of use who do not like anime will get our forum anime free.

everyone wins.

Keenko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

No Caption Provided

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling I had some part in this.

Yay

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We want DBZ vs Comic threads !

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm proud of the overwhelming maturity and good debates over the past day. Good job guys and keep civil

SirNeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent, it would be better if is allowed against comics too

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#79 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman

Ok all annoyance aside, why not just make an anime forum?

There are many more people on this site that love anime than actually read comics.

With a forum of their own they can do all the battles they could ever want, and they could make any vs fight they want.

the site gets a ton more visitors.

not only that but those of use who do not like anime will get our forum anime free.

everyone wins.

I still don't see why it is a problem for you if you don't want to contribute to the threads. I like anime but I don't care about some popular anime (Naruto, DBZ, etc.). It doesn't hurt me in any way - I just ignore threads that I have no interest in. So do that.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kiddo, kiddo.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Chazz85

@ariesxmasters: I was on this thread best battle i have been in ever since i went on here as long as we keep dbz v naruto banned and goku v superman we might be ok!

SMXLR8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chazz85 said:

@ariesxmasters: I was on this thread best battle i have been in ever since i went on here as long as we keep dbz v naruto banned and goku v superman we might be ok!

It's mainly the whole Superman vs Goku fiasco which is why Dbz was banned to begin with I think.

Avatar image for imperator_nocturne
Imperator_Nocturne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this is stupid, most anime worlds either get stomped or do stomp DB

could have atleast added game characters

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember why DBZ annoys me. You have fans who actually debate, then you have he majority of fans that argue their favorite fan calcs for power scaling, or empty statements to determine some obscene conclusion why their DBZ character stomps.

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coincidentally, I was about to start a rebellion against CV to take out that rule...

Oh wait.

You didn't see anything. I was never here.

Avatar image for deactivated-59dfd33ed3601
deactivated-59dfd33ed3601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoringPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chazz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ariesxmasters: i agree it causes spite and on top of that no one can actually figure out who will win since theres so many versions of superman . On top of that screwattack made things a lot worse like they always do...

RedRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By RedRanger

We wnt DBZ vs other media . NOAWWWWW

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember why DBZ annoys me. You have fans who actually debate, then you have he majority of fans that argue their favorite fan calcs for power scaling, or empty statements to determine some obscene conclusion why their DBZ character stomps.

Haha you don't like power scaling? Don't make or go to Dbz threads, that simple.

Akira Toriyama doesn't give a crap about feats and it shows. Dbz has always been about the fights which is why he doesn't give exact numbers on really anything, and shows his characters can take out planets and moons with ease at the beginning of the series when everyone was pretty weak and lets his characters say their capabilities later in the series instead of showing them.

Personally I hate using feats to determine anything since they are inconsistent, contradict each other, and one writers feat can void anothers, but I don't know any other way to remotely compare characters so feats will have to do.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ariesxmasters

@chazz85 said:

@ariesxmasters: i agree it causes spite and on top of that no one can actually figure out who will win since theres so many versions of superman . On top of that screwattack made things a lot worse like they always do...

Annnh Screwattack is the most unreliable.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@ariesxmasters:

Haha you don't like power scaling? Don't make or go to Dbz threads, that simple.

And you further reinforce whats wrong with some DBZ fans. I should be able to debate sense and logic in any thread, thats the point of Battle Forums.

Akira Toriyama doesn't give a crap about feats and it shows. Dbz has always been about the fights which is why he doesn't give exact numbers on really anything, and shows his characters can take out planets and moons with ease at the beginning of the series when everyone was pretty weak and lets his characters say their capabilities later in the series instead of showing them.

Akira never used Power levels after Frieza Saga ever again, so only Sayain Saga and Namek used Power Levels, but Androids and up to Battle of the Gods, or Drgonaball and GT in general do not. That shows both Akira and his working with GT makers does not give a s**t about Power Levels either. So its seems silly for DBZ fans to bring up Power levels and Power Scale those levels with fan calcs. Heck Akira never released how to calc power levels to power.

Personally I hate using feats to determine anything since they are inconsistent, contradict each other, and one writers feat can void anothers, but I don't know any other way to remotely compare characters so feats will have to do.

You think Dragon Ball Z is the only inconsistent fiction?! Hulk, Superman, Silver Surfer, Spawn, Godzilla, and more all have shown really inconsistent showings, but we still argue feats with them. All DBZ fans should learn to do the same.

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

And you further reinforce whats wrong with some DBZ fans. I should be able to debate sense and logic in any thread, thats the point of Battle Forums.

Akira never used Power levels after Frieza Saga ever again, so only Sayain Saga and Namek used Power Levels, but Androids and up to Battle of the Gods, or Drgonaball and GT in general do not. That shows both Akira and his working with GT makers does not give a s**t about Power Levels either. So its seems silly for DBZ fans to bring up Power levels and Power Scale those levels with fan calcs. Heck Akira never released how to calc power levels to power.

You think Dragon Ball Z is the only inconsistent fiction?! Hulk, Superman, Silver Surfer, Spawn, Godzilla, and more all have shown really inconsistent showings, but we still argue feats with them. All DBZ fans should learn to do the same.

I understand what you mean, but right now is a very sensitive time for Dbz. The mods miraculously decided to give it a chance in the forums and right off the we have people complaining already and it's only been two days.

Akira still does use power levels he just doesn't have characters mention them in exact numbers like he did before instead the characters just say "So and so is stronger than so and so". Power scaling works for Dbz, because all Dbz characters pretty much have the exact same power which is the ability to manipulate Ki energy, and the word power level is basically a dbz fighters (Speed,Strength, Destructive output, Maximum Ki energy etc) wrapped into one average number. Power scaling cannot work in Comic 'cause every one has different power sets. Flash is just fast, Superman is strong and fast, two different power sets so power scaling does not work.

I was talking about feats in general not just Dbz. Dbz isn't really big on feats anyway like per say Superman or Green Lantern. Dbz has one manga Superman has 10,000+ books, and other characters have 1,000+ books. That is why power scaling for Dbz is like the best way to calculate.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@ariesxmasters:

I understand what you mean, but right now is a very sensitive time for Dbz. The mods miraculously decided to give it a chance in the forums and right off the we have people complaining already and it's only been two days.

Most people have jumped on the Power Scaling bandwagon, or kept fighting it. The Power Scaling arguments that lead to flame wars is the reason DBZ is banned.

Akira still does use power levels he just doesn't have characters mention them in exact numbers like he did before instead the characters just say "So and so is stronger than so and so". Power scaling works for Dbz, because all Dbz characters pretty much have the exact same power which is the ability to manipulate Ki energy, and the word power level is basically a dbz fighters (Speed,Strength, Destructive output, Maximum Ki energy etc) wrapped into one average number. Power scaling cannot work in Comic 'cause every one has different power sets. Flash is just fast, Superman is strong and fast, two different power sets so power scaling does not work.

There is a DIFFERENCE in saying "so and so" is stronger. It is COMMON in comics and Anime to state "so and so is stronger". Thats not the issue. the Issue is people take unofficia numbers, and apply imaginary equations to justify strength, speed, and such.

Also DBZ characters have different power sets via magic, ki techniques, or biology.

• Frieza has ability to breath in space, and 5 forms.
  • Piccolo has Regen and aility to grow his body parts. As well the Special beam Canon that would work on Raditz, but none of the stronger Goku Ki moves would lol.
  • Krillin has Solar Flare and Destructo Disc to beat foes above his Power Level.
  • Sayains have the ability to get stronger from battle.
  • Majin Buu had powers to turn people to candy, regen, Steam clouds, absorbing, ect.
  • Zarban had a Monster Transformation.
  • The one alien had the power to eat light.
  • One Ginyu Alien had time manipulation.
  • Dabura had Stone Spit.
  • Androids had unlimited Energy with no Power Levels.
  • Cell had a sh!t ton of powers.

Another debunked cop out argument to justify power scaling. Power Scaling fails in DBZ universe as well. It simply does not work for any logical debate.

I was talking about feats in general not just Dbz. Dbz isn't really big on feats anyway like per say Superman or Green Lantern. Dbz has one manga Superman has 10,000+ books, and other characters have 1,000+ books. That is why power scaling for Dbz is like the best way to calculate.

Yes, DBZ is big on feats. It has showings of destruction scale, unique techniques or powers that show limitations, speed comparison, stated strength, ect. Bad debaters use power scaling. That simple.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#97 frozen  Moderator

Liberation!

ariesxmasters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

Most people have jumped on the Power Scaling bandwagon, or keeo fighting it. The Power Scaling arguments that lead to flame wars is the reason DBZ is banned.

There is a DIFFERENCE in saying "so and so" is stronger. It is COMMON in comics and Anime to state "so and so is stronger". Thats not the issue. the Issue is people take unofficia numbers, and apply imaginary equations to justify strength, speed, and such.

Dbz is different though. Stronger in Dbz means so and so's power level is higher.

I don't know people who take unofficial numbers I know people do Frieza can bust a planet easily so SSJ1 Goku can bust it easier. That is the type of power scaling I see.

Also DBZ characters have different power sets via magic, ki techniques, or biology.

• Frieza has ability to breath in space, and 5 forms.
  • Piccolo has Regen and aility to grow his body parts. As well the Special beam Canon that would work on Raditz, but none of the stronger Goku Ki moves would lol.
  • Krillin has Solar Flare and Destructo Disc to beat foes above his Power Level.
  • Sayains have the ability to get stronger from battle.
  • Majin Buu had powers to turn people to candy, regen, Steam clouds, absorbing, ect. (Requires Ki energy to use)
  • Zarban had a Monster Transformation.
  • The one alien had the power to eat light.
  • One Ginyu Alien had time manipulation.
  • Dabura had Stone Spit.
  • Androids had unlimited Energy with no Power Levels.
  • Cell had a sh!t ton of powers.

Another debunked cop out argument to justify power scaling. Power Scaling fails in DBZ universe as well. It simply does not work for any logical debate.

Most of those require Ki energy manipulation of some sort, and some of those are like one or two variations in moves so each character isn't literally a copy of one another, but the premise of there power stems from Ki energy and power level.

Yes, DBZ is big on feats. It has showings of destruction scale, unique techniques or powers that show limitations, speed comparison, stated strength, ect. Bad debaters use power scaling. That simple.

What no it isn't. Why do we have to look in the back of a guide book to know Cell had the power to blow up the solar System? Why did we need Akira to confirm Beerus has the power to wipe out the galaxy? How come character say their destructive capabilities instead of showing it? Why doesn't he give exact numbers instead of vague statements? (Frieza my fighting power is over a million, Burter saying he is the fastest man alive instead saying specifically how fast he is). The answer is because no one cares about feats when it comes to Dbz it has always been about the fights feats mean nothing to Akira.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By ancient_god

@frozen said:

Liberation!

Still one can't swear?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@ariesxmasters:

DBZ is different though. Stronger in Dbz means so and so's power level is higher.

Being stronger is fine. The problem stems from numbers that cannot, nor were design to answers limitations on stats and such. Thats the inherent flaw in all DBZ fans that use power Scaling through power Levels.

Most of those require Ki energy manipulation of some sort, and some of those are like one or two variations in moves so each character isn't literally a copy of one another, but the premise of there power stems from Ki energy and power level.

Not really. Most of what i listed is simple fact that Krillin can slice anything via Destructo Disc does not translate able to turn people into chocolate. Piccolo regen does not extend to Sayains. Individual character feats are individual character feats. That simple.

What no it isn't. Why do we have to look in the back of a guide book to know Cell had the power to blow up the solar System? Why did we need Akira to confirm Beerus has the power to wipe out the galaxy? How come character say their destructive capabilities instead of showing it? Why doesn't he give exact numbers instead of vague statements? (Frieza my fighting power is over a million, Burter saying he is the fastest man alive instead saying specifically how fast he is). The answer is because no one cares about feats when it comes to Dbz it has always been about the fights feats mean nothing to Akira.

This is all your opinion. I debated DBZ just fine with feats. Same has been done by many great debaters on this site and others. Only weak and sloppy debaters rely on Power Scale with Power levels and vague statements to argue a point. That simple.