DBS Battle: Piccolo vs Android 17

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jashro44

Piccolo

VS
VS

Android 17

No Caption Provided

***I do realize this has been done before but the only thread I could find seems to specify what would have happened if Cell hadn't interfered which implies its talking about an earlier arc versions of both. Plus my thread has rounds***

Rounds

1. The first round is an all out fight to the death
  2. The second round has the same rules as the tournament of power

Rules

• In character
  • No prep
  • Win by any means
  • Fight takes place here:
No Caption Provided

Who wins and why?

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

why is the cell games in minecraft

Wewlad80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Piccolo

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

No way of knowing yet.

I'd wager #17 should be superior if you take his match with Goku seriously.

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

17 probably

Marc_55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing to go off, besides the horrendous match with Goku, that should mean nothing.

Piccolo has been training, and he's proven to be > what he was before. So, it'd be likely be a close match regardless.

Cerberus369616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For now.

17 in Round 1, too strong

Piccolo Round 2, his tactics should be enough

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way of knowing yet.

randomposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mismatch. typical CV tho, disregard current power standings because you simply don't like it lol

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 emperorthanos-  Moderator

Piccolo. everyone has fought Goku now and forced him to use SSB. That is hardly a measure of power anymore.

randomposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emperorthanos said:

Piccolo. everyone has fought Goku now and forced him to use SSB. That is hardly a measure of power anymore.

Only 17 has forced it. You're wrong.

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:

So you are saying Goku just used on in other instances for fun? The same Goku who would hold back as much power as he can just to get a good fight. Everyone forced Goku to go SSB. 17 has no feats aside from fighting a Goku in ssb who explicitly stated he was still holding back.

randomposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By randomposter

@emperorthanos said:
@randomposter said:

@emperorthanos said:

So you are saying Goku just used on in other instances for fun? The same Goku who would hold back as much power as he can just to get a good fight. Everyone forced Goku to go SSB. 17 has no feats aside from fighting a Goku in ssb who explicitly stated he was still holding back.

Well, he didn't use it against Boo at all, and Krillin had clear context behind it, if you've been paying attention to his filler eps that is. And no, no matter how much you say it, Goku explicitly states "I didn't intend to go SSJB" against 17 alone, clearly implying he was forced into it. Find me implications of being forced into the form in other fights please? ..You can't. It's also implied 17 held back, so..yeah..

emperorthanos-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 emperorthanos-  Moderator

@emperorthanos said:
@randomposter said:

@emperorthanos said:

Well, he didn't use it against Boo at all, and Krillin had clear context behind it, if you've been paying attention to his filler eps that is. And no, no matter how much you say it, Goku explicitly states "I didn't intend to go SSJB" against 17 alone, clearly implying he was forced into it. Find me implications of being forced into the form in other fights please? ..You can't. It's also implied 17 held back, so..yeah..

Please explain the context behind him going SSB against Krillin, or Ultimate Gohan. And Goku definitely didn't intend on going SSB against Krillin. Goku also never said he held back his power against Krillin or against Gohan while he explicitly said he did against 17. It doesn't matter if 17 helkd back, we don't his full power so there is no point in guessing. However Goku did say he held back against him while he wasn't against Krillin or Gohan. Yet Gohan forced him go SSBKK. and Krillin was temporarily mathcing with his kamehamheha more over 18 managed to kick it a way. If 17 fighting SSB Goku holding back his makes him god level then so is Krillin, 18 and Gohan. Fact of the matter is DBZ scaling is broken it makes no sense. Otherwise Master Roshi would be stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks

Slayedigneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

17 forced Goku to go SSB, Goku in base stopped Piccolo's charged up attack with his hands.

17 easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5
deactivated-5c7e1b5f631f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No way of knowing yet.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MainJP

17 stomps the first round but I can see Piccolo taking the second.

@emperorthanos said:

Please explain the context behind him going SSB against Krillin, or Ultimate Gohan. And Goku definitely didn't intend on going SSB against Krillin. Goku also never said he held back his power against Krillin or against Gohan while he explicitly said he did against 17. It doesn't matter if 17 held back, we don't his full power so there is no point in guessing. However Goku did say he held back against him while he wasn't against Krillin or Gohan. Yet Gohan forced him go SSBKK. and Krillin was temporarily mathcing with his kamehamheha more over 18 managed to kick it a way. If 17 fighting SSB Goku holding back his makes him god level then so is Krillin, 18 and Gohan. Fact of the matter is DBZ scaling is broken it makes no sense. Otherwise Master Roshi would be stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks

Gohan didn't force Goku to do anything, he literally begged Goku repeatedly to use his full power, and so he did. Krillin is definitely god level though, no arguments there.

I'd say 17 is at the very least stronger than SSJ3 which would mean Goku would have to go Blue anyway.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd honestly say Piccolo. Much more battle experienced and skilled.

jasonhitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Piccolo wreck 17 with ease

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Admittedly 17 might be closer to god level than Piccolo if Goku not intending to use SSJB is to be believed. But based on his fight with Gohan, Piccolo has developed even greater power and fighting techniques to be used so on that basis, Piccolo should be superior to 17. Especially in the Tournament of Power rules scenario where he can use his stretchy arms to force a ring out.

thatduderox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thatduderox

Honestly can't wait for the tournament just to see where 17 stands. Don't care if he's SSB level or not, just want all this debate about his power to be put to rest. Dragon Ball Super isn't Hunter x Hunter. It's a rather straight forward and uncomplicated series. These guys are not putting as much thought into power scaling as fans are. So when the writers have Goku of all people say 17 forced him into Blue, and then proceed to have Goku imply that 17 was still holding back, I'm just going to run with it. Piccolo on the other hand hasn't been shown nor has he been implied to be anywhere near God Tier. So based on what we've seen and character statements, 17 by a wide margin.

Thedarkpaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Thedarkpaladin

Thinking more about this, Piccolo didn't seem to be a match for Ultimate Gohan (power wise) at all. The only reason he got the better of him during that little skirmish was due to Gohan getting careless and letting his guard down - a trait Piccolo suspects Gohan must have picked up from his father.

As much as I disapprove of labeling #17 a God tier character based on his brief exchange with SSJB Goku, that's really the only fight we can go by at the moment if we want to get a slight understanding of #17's growth since the Cell arc.

Even if you disregard the idea of him being on par with SSJB completely, he definitely overpowered SSJ Goku, who, by feats, is superior to current Piccolo at the moment, all while holding back substantially.

#17 isn't the type of fighter who carelessly lets his guard down like Gohan or Goku, and his advantage in power, along with unlimited energy and stamina, should be more than enough to guarantee his victory in round 1 at the very least. The best Piccolo can hope for in round 2 is a ring out, or possibly a surprise attack, so depending on whether his strategical thinking comes into play, it can go either way.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DeathHero61

I don't know why people are still questioning 17's power when 17 shouldn't have realistically been above frieza when he first appeared...... Android 17 had 7 years and several months to train like hell. 17 is between Buu and a Super Saiyan Blue(which is significantly below Beerus)

The only reason why this scaling seems ridiciulous to anyone is because of how Goku and Vegeta is compared to Beerus and the silly feats they have when fighting him like the "universal feat"

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

17 wins both rounds.

omriamar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

alextheboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depending one the day or the writer Piccolo may lose to a Frieza soldier or defeat a god tier opponent.

Just_Banter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Judging off the only feats we have, 17 should win. Still should wait for the tournament to start though.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd say 17 until I see him fight seriously.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a2b0053414c5
deactivated-5a2b0053414c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodEmperor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

piccolo hasnt had a serious fight since frost, so we dont know much about what he can do. he told gohan he hasnt slacked off and even gohan seemed impressed.

Avatar image for deactivated-64969837cbeff
deactivated-64969837cbeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

17 is Piccolo’s superior in every category and stat.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At the time I made this thread I never really thought of 17 as a tactician (this was before the tournament of power). But than we have scenes like him figuring out how to deal with the one bug guy that eliminated Piccolo. Not sure if Piccolo out smarting 17 is a viable argument at this point.

They did most of the Z-fighters dirty in the ToP arc. If their is one criticism its that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cef1a02a31b9
deactivated-5cef1a02a31b9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

falsearcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By falsearcher

Yeah, after watching the entirety of the ToP, it was pretty clear 17 performed far better throughout the arc, and he showed himself to be one of the more impressive tactical fighters in the series. He wins this handily.

LimitlessSigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

17 Easily.

Jooosh1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'd honestly say Piccolo. Much more battle experienced and skilled.

Lol at my original comment. 17 should be well above Piccolo after the ToP.

MainJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MainJP

@jashro44: My biggest criticism Is that the ToP didn’t need to happen, it narrowed the scope too much by telling us “these are all the strongest characters you’ll find in these universes” and then proceeds to give most of them uninteresting or straight up ugly designs as well as making over half of them stupid jobbers.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:

At the time I made this thread I never really thought of 17 as a tactician (this was before the tournament of power). But than we have scenes like him figuring out how to deal with the one bug guy that eliminated Piccolo. Not sure if Piccolo out smarting 17 is a viable argument at this point.

They did most of the Z-fighters dirty in the ToP arc. If their is one criticism its that.

Piccolo's showing against Frost is still on another level of being one of the most outstanding, wanked out skill feats in Dragon Ball history. If I were to put them in tiers, Piccolo competes at the very top of fighting skill and wisdom regardless of power, with Goku, Vegeta, Beerus.

17 is crafty and extremely cool under pressure. But Piccolo still has all the knowledge of god. Between Kami, Nail, Daimao, and Ma Junior, the Piccolo of today has a wealth of solid pragmatism and skill feats to pull from. I'm not into 17 being on par with him because he overperformed in one tournament. Piccolo was outperforming this man in the past and nothing should have changed.

Now the difference in their raw power is something else...

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mainjp said:

@jashro44: My biggest criticism Is that the ToP didn’t need to happen, it narrowed the scope too much by telling us “these are all the strongest characters you’ll find in these universes” and then proceeds to give most of them uninteresting or straight up ugly designs as well as making over half of them stupid jobbers.

New opponents can rise up or appear like Broly, and they did leave a few universes out of the tournament.

greenroost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

round 1: Android 17

round 2: Piccolo

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: Well 17 doesn't need to be smarter. He just needs to be difficult to outwit and his overwhelming power would do the rest. At the time this thread was made we saw Krillain fight goku so I figured Piccolo would have a shot with 17.

But 17 seems to be a pretty smart guy. He also was the MVP against Anilaza. You can argue that Piccolo is still smarter overall but I don't think the gap is big.

@mainjp said:

Well there are still the universes we never saw compete in the ToP. Maybe at some point the 6 universes Zeno destroyed will come back. Also as mentioned we could learn about new fighters. Beerus or Whis or Supreme Kai never knew about Broly. Maybe there are other hidden enemies in other universes. Like the guy that killed Jiren's master.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: So which tier of power do you place 17 on? This is one of the most interesting debates to come out of DBS.

Avatar image for saiyan_prince510
Saiyan_Prince510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Mee09

17 wins both rounds. He is currently the strongest non-saiyan on Earth and that won't change until Goku trains Uub or Marron becomes a serious fighter. Even then 17 ages much slower than Saiyans and actually likes to fight as much as one. Meaning he trains all the time with limitless stamina and an unlimited supply of energy. So they would have A LOT cut out for them.

The only way Piccolo could possibly win is if he managed to end the fight right at the start. Which he couldn't do against an opponent as experienced and skilled as 17. It does not help that in Dragon Ball. Only guys who are able to both blitz and fodderize their opponents are able to successfully one shot during the beginning of the fight.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: So which tier of power do you place 17 on? This is one of the most interesting debates to come out of DBS.

He seems to be blue tier. I think he is on the weaker side of it because I don't think he really beat any opponents that were also in that tier. All his wins in the ToP were against weaker enemies or with back up from team members. His force fields seem quite strong and his infinite stamina is an advantage.

He could maybe beat Gohan. That would be a good fight IMO.

The_Hajduk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The_Hajduk

@jashro44 said:
@the_hajduk said:

He seems to be blue tier. I think he is on the weaker side of it because I don't think he really beat any opponents that were also in that tier. All his wins in the ToP were against weaker enemies or with back up from team members. His force fields seem quite strong and his infinite stamina is an advantage.

He could maybe beat Gohan. That would be a good fight IMO.

I agree with you completely. A lot of people are wanking him to unbelievable heights just because he damaged Jiren with a sneak attack, saying he could have beaten Kaioken x20 Goku if they went all out on the island. People are also saying he kept up with God Toppo which isn't true, that was 17 running and hiding.

17 was definitively weaker then normal Toppo in their battle, making him very low Blue tier, or really, current SSJGod tier.

Seth said that 17 would demolish Golden Freeza, which I think is garbage. Golden Freeza is Blue tier at minimum.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hajduk: I agree. Regarding toppo I can see 17 being as fast as him but I don't remember his speed improving when becoming God toppo. I could be forgetting details.