Databooks VS Feats

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Databooks VS Feats (88 votes)

Databooks and Statements Win 22%
Feats Win 78%

Which one wins ?

• 
TOPAZZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TOPAZZZ

feats stomp

Dadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@topazzz said:

feats stomp

This every time.

MoneyyJunee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats > Databooks

JOVIOLMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JOVIOLMA

Statements from characters and databook are valid as long is not contradicting the canon source and it's feats.

Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think so too guys ^

@bossmountain: Take this L

lichvanastrea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dear god, if we went by databooks, we would have shit like "Star buster Boros" or "Lightspeed Raikage".

Statements are only good if it either comes from directly the creator or if the character pulled off the feat to back up the statement.

Yamiyodare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats win both round. Mismatch.

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Depends, it should be considered on a case by case basis.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bossmountain

@token1300: straw-manning much? I never made any such claim. feats are always above statements. my argument a both roshi moon busting is based on feats and on panel showings, kiddo.

Oreoghoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Oreoghoul

Feats take priority. But as long as databook statements aren’t contradicting anything in the actual canon or introducing an extreme outlier, they can be useful or help clarify things

The_Justiciar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For pure debating purposes - Feats

For general knowledge of the character as they're intended to be - Databooks & Statements

Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain: you’re the same kid that said databooks over feats. You said Master Roshi is Moon Buster as well as king piccolo and 23rd Budokai Characters cus the databook and scaling from Roshi ?Goku in 23rd Budokai can destroy moon cus the databook said so but you fail to realize that by FEATS Goku was not small country level scaling from 23rd Budokai Piccolo Whis strongest attack covered the island. Not moon level till DBZ hold this L again

This reminds me of when I catch my nephew in a lie and he tried to switch his words around

Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Token1300

Kids new to debates be like

https://imgur.com/a/UcNKQJ2

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It depends. I think showings take priority but obviously context matters.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bossmountain

@token1300 said:

@bossmountain: you’re the same kid that said databooks over feats.

Really? Do you mind quoting where I said that?

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/what-disaster-level-would-these-anime-characters-b-2037321/#js-message-29

I looked all over and I don't see myself saying that anywhere. not even once. strange...

Cuz from the looks of it this seems like a pathetic attempt to strawman me. Because you couldn't refute my argument.

You said Master Roshi is Moon Buster as well as king piccolo and 23rd Budokai Characters cus the databook and scaling from Roshi ?Goku in 23rd Budokai can destroy moon cus the databook said so but you fail to realize that by FEATS Goku was not small country level scaling from 23rd Budokai Piccolo Whis strongest attack covered the island. Not moon level till DBZ hold this L again

I said Roshi was moon Buster because he had a moon busting feat in addition to guidebook statements supporting it. And that Goku at the End of Dragon Ball was Moon Buster scaling him to roshi in addition to guide book statements that support it. Which is a completely different argument then Statements >>>>>feats.

This reminds me of when I catch my nephew in a lie and he tried to switch his words around

Okay dude well you have all the replies post here where I said that statements beats feats. and you remind me of a losing debater who is trying desperately to strawman his opponent.

Ivexio2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats take priority. But as long as databook statements aren’t contradicting anything in the actual canon or introducing an extreme outlier, they can be useful or help clarify things

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@token1300: yeah... didn't so. you lost pal. but have fun straw-manning

Avatar image for randybutternubs
RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats>Databooks>Statements

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Databooks are basically licenced wiki pages. By their very nature they can be wrong because they are merely describing an event. The truest version of the event is in the primary comic.

Databooks are by and large correct about what they say but will miss very precise details or just fail to mention them for the sake of brevity.

Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randybutternubs: So Goku is a moon buster in Dragonball based on databooks before Z DESPITE never showing that kind of power and basically being equal to small country piccolo at the time

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anthp2000  Moderator

Both.

Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lichvanastrea: right I was telling that boss Mountain kid about how Feats nearly always overshadow statements. He said Goku before Z was moon level because the “DATABOOKS” said so. Despite no one showing legit moon busting until piccolo in Saiyan Saga. It completely contradicts power scale cus piccolo in 23rd Budokai strongest attack was only small country level.

If that’s the case and we use “data books” like @bossmountain then Haku from Naruto would be LS ?

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bossmountain

@token1300 said:

@lichvanastrea: right I was telling that boss Mountain kid about how Feats nearly always overshadow statements. He said Goku before Z was moon level because the “DATABOOKS” said so. Despite no one showing legit moon busting until piccolo in Saiyan Saga. It completely contradicts power scale cus piccolo in 23rd Budokai strongest attack was only small country level.

If that’s the case and we use “data books” like @bossmountain then Haku from Naruto would be LS ?

Wow. Look Another strawman arugment. What a surprise. I said you can use the guidebooks statements for Haku being LS if and only if he has actual on panel showings that was replicated in series by another character like with roshi.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

By the way have you found that quote where I said statements beats feat yet?....nope?! Yeah figures.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats the large majority of the time. Databooks only have more value if the verse isn't geared towards quantifiable feats and focuses more on in-verse match ups rather than determining stats.

Avatar image for deactivated-63348143d7cff
deactivated-63348143d7cff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both if there’s not a contradiction between the two, but I understand CV favors feats more.

RandyButterNubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randybutternubs: So Goku is a moon buster in Dragonball based on databooks before Z DESPITE never showing that kind of power and basically being equal to small country piccolo at the time

I know nothing about Dragonball so i wouldn't know.

Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Token1300

@bossmountain: Take a straw and hold a L with that drink. Feats are always superior than statements. I can tell you don’t know what outliers or PIS is. Everyone in the DBZ community knows Roshi moon feat is pure Outlier and PIS for the simple fact no one was able to reach that kind of power until Beginning Of Dragonball Z.

1- Roshi was crapping his pants against an Older version of King Piccolo, and Roshi didn’t get amnesia, he still had max power. Dude can sense Power Levels and knew he couldn’t f*** with KP. And this is a older version of King Piccolo I remind you. Roshi had Tien and lil Chiaztou with him and knew that Mafuba was only way. Meaning they were much weaker than KP at the time.

2- King Piccolo gets his youth restored and increases his power much more. With his upgrade he’s able to casually destroy a small part of a City. The second attack KP was at full power and it totally nuked the entire city, but he was tired Post blast. Goku can stalemate and eventually beat KP, so that means Goku should have similar attack power and durability.

3- 3 Years later in 23rd Budokai Piccolos strongest attack is small country level, Goku manages to keep up with him and even tank the blast, meaning he has similar attack power and durability. None of this scales to moon level the god tiers are small country in DB.

By your BS theory going by every literal thing the data books in every anime says many tiers would be incredibly stronger. Like you could say Natsu could punch away the Moon in the databook. But if we never saw anything from Natsu close to that power, we do not accept such VAGUE statements since it contradicts the power scaling meaning everyone scales to Natsu for keeping up or dodging him.

If we go by databooks in Naruto Haku would be Light Speed making God Tiers of Naruto MFTL (that’s massively faster than light if you don’t understand)

Kurama would be able to destroy the world as the data book said

Temari would be able to blow away the Milky Way

And not saying every statement in every data book is PIS it is only PIS or Outlier when the statements shows no where near the power of the feats shown by the person.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both should be taken into account

Dismissing one for the other is a mistake

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bossmountain

@token1300 said:

@bossmountain: Take a straw and hold a L with that drink. Feats are always superior than statements. I can tell you don’t know what outliers or PIS is. Everyone in the DBZ community knows Roshi moon feat is pure Outlier and PIS for the simple fact no one was able to reach that kind of power until Beginning Of Dragonball Z.

1- Roshi was crapping his pants against an Older version of King Piccolo, and Roshi didn’t get amnesia, he still had max power. Dude can sense Power Levels and knew he couldn’t f*** with KP. And this is a older version of King Piccolo I remind you. Roshi had Tien and lil Chiaztou with him and knew that Mafuba was only way. Meaning they were much weaker than KP at the time.

1.) Roshi being afraid of Demon King Piccolo doesn't magically retroactively undo his on panel feats. Especially since this is the dude who killed his master. And considering Roshi max power Kamehameha seem to kill a great ape Goku at the tournament. Hulking out mostly inflated his power level to around 900. Way higher than his average battle power which is well below king Piccolo. Basically he only reach Moon busting status by inflating his power and giving it everything he had.

2- King Piccolo gets his youth restored and increases his power much more. With his upgrade he’s able to casually destroy a small part of a City. The second attack KP was at full power and it totally nuked the entire city, but he was tired Post blast. Goku can stalemate and eventually beat KP, so that means Goku should have similar attack power and durability.

2.) Again you're just assuming that unintentional collateral damage equal to atyack potency which a lot of the times is not the case also that attack wasn't intended to destroy the city but simply the finish off a half-dead Goku.

3- 3 Years later in 23rd Budokai Piccolos strongest attack is small country level, Goku manages to keep up with him and even tank the blast, meaning he has similar attack power and durability. None of this scales to moon level the god tiers are small country in DB.

Again based off what? pure collateral damage and AOE? This isn't always accurate way of judging character power especially if their statement suggesting that the attack potency was a lot higher than what was shown.

By your BS theory going by every literal thing the data books in every anime says many tiers would be incredibly stronger. Like you could say Natsu could punch away the Moon in the databook. But if we never saw anything from Natsu close to that power, we do not accept such statements since it contradicts the power scaling meaning everyone scales to Natsu for keeping up or dodging him.

Wow. Another straw man argument. In my opinion for guidebook book statements to be seen as somewhat vaild. It must have at least one on panel showing and a replicated feats by another character of a similar power supporting. Which Roshi has.And since Goku scales above roshi so it's not an unreasonable claim.

If we go by databooks in Naruto Haku would be Light Speed making God Tiers of Naruto MFTL (that’s massively faster than light if you don’t understand)

Do you want to stand I never made such a claim in the first place? Guidebook statements are only valid for support of on-screen showings like with roshi busting the Moon.

For the hundredth time for Haku statement to be seen as valid it has to be done at least one time on screen and another time by character of similar power just like with the moon busting feet.

Kurama would be able to destroy the world as the data book said

If you have an on panel showing of him doing this follow up by another character also having an on panel showing of this you might actually have an argument

Temari would be able to blow away the Milky Way

This was a mistranslation but again if you have it on panel showing of her doing this backed up by another on panel showing done by another character you might have an argument.

Are you done trying to straw man? just take the L and stop making a fool of yourself.

Loading Video...

EmperorMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh boy.....universal Temari again.lol

OT: feats first, statments supported by feats second, and databook supported by feats&statments third

Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Token1300

@bossmountain:

https://imgur.com/a/kwXfgs2

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Outlier

ima just leave this here since ya don’t know what a Outlier is??

Hold this L and shhh for a moment kid. Roshi being moon buster is laughable. You know NOTHING about PIS kid. You probably think Spider-Man beating Firelord would make Spider-Man the same tier as firelord too.

One piece must be your favorite anime cus all I hear is your b****ching about straw man.

No one here thinks king piccolo is Moon Level except you.

Derp.

Take this L weak sand castle no mountain.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@token1300: oh wow vs Wiki well you win this argument. I mean it's not like they notorious for posting inaccurate garbage like Kratos being multiversal with infinite speed.. I guess if they think it's an outlier I should just mindlessly agree with them.

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bossmountain:

https://imgur.com/a/kwXfgs2

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Outlier

ima just leave this here since ya don’t know what a Outlier is??

Hold this L and shhh for a moment kid. Roshi being moon buster is laughable. You know NOTHING about PIS kid. You probably think Spider-Man beating Firelord would make Spider-Man the same tier as firelord too.

One piece must be your favorite anime cus all I hear is your b****ching about straw man.

No one here thinks king piccolo is Moon Level except you.

Derp.

Take this L weak sand castle no mountain.

that sarcasm by since on this site referencing vs wiki as your primary source is of sort of a instant lose.

Charm_Caster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joviolma said:

Statements from characters and databook are valid as long is not contradicting the canon source and it's feats.

Token1300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Token1300

@bossmountain: what he says ^

Roshi was my legit moon buster since no one at that time had that power u til DBZ piccolo who is LEAGUES stronger than Roshi

King Piccolo could only blow up cities at max power he’s a villain and doesn’t care about holding back.

I posted vsbattle Outlier page not a vsbattle character page numb numb. Your just salty cus the page says the first Outlier in anime is actually master Roshi blowing up moon LOl?

Roshi isn’t moon buster cus he lost to KP and was even getting slapped around by him in the anime

Piccolo jr I’m 23rd Budokai max power attack was only small country level dude Goku scales to him making him the same thing but a tiny bit higher.

No one in Dragonball before Z is Moon Level get that through your head. Stop being delusional and read about what a Outlier is. It will save you trouble.

Roshi and king piccolo moon Level ?

It smells like throw up in here

Au_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever makes sense. Statements, feats, and data books can all conflict with each other. Just use judgement

Bossmountain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Bossmountain

@token1300 said:

@bossmountain: what he says ^

he said nothing about anything I've posted. and I don't disagree with anything he said either.

why are you trying to drag other people into this augment.I know that was originally the point of this thread but fight your own battles you look pathetic right now.

Roshi was my legit moon buster since no one at that time had that power u til DBZ piccolo who is LEAGUES stronger than Roshi

Sorry but Roshi vaporized a mountain along with a moon both feats are well above city busting. piccolo powerlevel was 408 and it took him 7 seconds to moon bust roshi is 139 and it took 17 seconds. Piccolo is a littler more than twice Roshi power level so he the feat a little more than twice as fast.

King Piccolo could only blow up cities at max power he’s a villain and doesn’t care about holding back.

I posted vsbattle Outlier page not a vsbattle character page numb numb. Your just salty cus the page says the first Outlier in anime is actually master Roshi blowing up moon LOl?'

Again basing your argument solely on a vs wiki page...just take L you deserve it at this point.

Roshi isn’t moon buster cus he lost to KP and was even getting slapped around by him in the anime

he lost because the Mafuba kill him..and Roshi pl was 138 King Piccolo was 260 so yeah he should get slapped by Piccolo.

Piccolo jr I’m 23rd Budokai max power attack was only small country level dude Goku scales to him making him the same thing but a tiny bit higher.

we already been over this. based off what? pure unintentional collateral damage and AOE? This isn't always accurate way of judging character power especially if their statement suggesting that the attack potency was a lot higher than what was shown.

No one in Dragonball before Z is Moon Level get that through your head.

in spite of direct on screen feats and statements.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

It depends. Feats are far from being always the best source of information.

Avatar image for deactivated-6060d1922bf05
deactivated-6060d1922bf05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thing is data books hardly ever have anti feats to discredit what they're saying. Though if they did, I'd say feats are the superior source. Statements themselves can vary in consistency, meaning, accuracy, etc. Though I remember thinking people saying which character a statement came from actually meant anything. Unless contradicted by another statement, the words were written by the writer, that's how he feels, doesn't matter if they used batman or savage hulk to make the statement.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rac95

Feats>(on-panel statements)>=databooks>=(on-panel statements)>character statement, is what I would say in general, the on-panel statements can be more or less accurate than databooks, but are better than character statements in general (especially if you have a villain boosting about his power).

But as mentioned already, it has to be evaluated differently in each situation

Eri_Joni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for the Most part, Databooks are acceptable as long as they don't contradict anything. In Naruto's case, the Databooks give additional information that couldn't fix in the manga, and supports the manga and reinforces ideas in the manga.

I see a lot of people using Double standards here. Momoshiki for instants has only shown below planet level feats, yet people still elect to say he is planet level. If feats takes priority to you then accept the feats that are being shown.

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lIgHt SpEeD naRuTO

Avatar image for mcu-defender333
MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joviolma said:

This.

But in cases where feats do contradict them, feats win every time.

@vjbthe3 said:

Thing is data books hardly ever have anti feats to discredit what they're saying. Though if they did, I'd say feats are the superior source. Statements themselves can vary in consistency, meaning, accuracy, etc. Though I remember thinking people saying which character a statement came from actually meant anything. Unless contradicted by another statement, the words were written by the writer, that's how he feels, doesn't matter if they used batman or savage hulk to make the statement.

Guess you haven't seen much of the Naruto databooks, which spout plenty of shit.

It depends. Feats are far from being always the best source of information.

Wrong. Original source material > all.

@mygod000 said:

for the Most part, Databooks are acceptable as long as they don't contradict anything. In Naruto's case, the Databooks give additional information that couldn't fix in the manga, and supports the manga and reinforces ideas in the manga.

I see a lot of people using Double standards here. Momoshiki for instants has only shown below planet level feats, yet people still elect to say he is planet level. If feats takes priority to you then accept the feats that are being shown.

Hence why Momo isn't planet level at all.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By KrleAvenger

@mcu-defender333: Both the databooks and feats are original source material. Non OG is something that is not canon. What are you talking about?

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcu-defender333: Both the databooks and feats are original source material. Non OG is something that is not canon. What are you talking about?

Apparently we are referring to different things when we say 'original source material'- perhaps I should call it the original literature? As in, Naruto the manga predates any other Naruto materials, yes? And it is the main series? As such, it should have precedence over anything else Naruto-related.

The databooks are just companion materials that provide extra info but tend to over hype/over exaggerate certain things for effect.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KrleAvenger

@mcu-defender333: How you want to interpret Naruto databooks is completely up to you. I personally do not take them seriously because they either strait up contradict what was shown on-panel, or simply state a lot of things that are strait up unreasonable or illogical. However, I still stand by what I said before, that being handbook/guide information still being relevant and valid source. Of course, it all depends on what source, universe and form of media we are talking about. Same rules do not apply to everything. Literally the exact same thing applies for feats. Most of them should be disregarded because they are often outliers, low showings or are plot driven and included without much thought put into them. Like I said, it all depends on what you are talking about.

MCU-Defender333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcu-defender333: How you want to interpret Naruto databooks is completely up to you. I personally do not take them seriously because they either strait up contradict what was shown on-panel, or simply state a lot of things that are strait up unreasonable or illogical. However, I still stand by what I said before, that being handbook/guide information still being relevant and valid source. Of course, it all depends on what source, universe and form of media we are talking about. Same rules do not apply to everything. Literally the exact same thing applies for feats. Most of them should be disregarded because they are often outliers, low showings or are plot driven and included without much thought put into them. Like I said, it all depends on what you are talking about.

Nobody with a full functioning brain would take the Naruto ones as gospel.

I agree that databooks are valid, just less valid than the main source material (i.e. original manga/comics), so if there was a contradiction, the main source material wins out. However, yes, the exception is if there are outliers, which I don't think are as common as you are suggesting (even in a series as long as the original Dragonball, Roshi's moon buster is the only one I can think of).