the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51 the_stegman  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

@the_stegman: I think Daryl would beat Shane because he is way tougher and earlier in the series more vicious. Shane felt bad about everything he did and was hesistant to kill whereas daryl has always been kind of a bad guy and was planning to rob everyone with Merle.

You kidding?? I feel like Shane had way more laxed morals than Daryl. Shane shot Otis and left him to get eaten just to save his own a**. He voted to kill anyone who got in his way or endangered the group, and actively lied about that kid trying to kill him so the others would be on his side in slaughtering the boy. I just can't remember too many fighting feats from Daryl to make me pick him, if this was who's more badass, Daryl wins, but in a fight, Shane's more ruthless, stronger and slightly cray cray.

plus, he fought Rick to a standstill

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@the_stegman: That's all true but Shane just seemed a little hesitant and nervous and regretful about every wrong thing he did. Shane was a good guy before everyring started. Daryl on the other hand was always bad and had no morals right from the start. He also would've killed t dog on the roof where merle was supposed to be if rick wasn't there and he tried to kill rick when he first met him. Daryl doesn't hesitate and is more vicious, or at least he used to be. Also I counted that as a win for rick but that's just me.

Daryl is also tougher than shane. He was abused in his childhood and still has scars and was stabbed with an arrow and then climbed a cliff and hiked back to camp with the arrow still in him

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

@the_stegman: That's all true but Shane just seemed a little hesitant and nervous and regretful about every wrong thing he did. Shane was a good guy before everyring started. Daryl on the other hand was always bad and had no morals right from the start. He also would've killed t dog on the roof where merle was supposed to be if rick wasn't there and he tried to kill rick when he first met him. Daryl doesn't hesitate and is more vicious, or at least he used to be. Also I counted that as a win for rick but that's just me.

Daryl is also tougher than shane. He was abused in his childhood and still has scars and was stabbed with an arrow and then climbed a cliff and hiked back to camp with the arrow still in him

Well, I'm assuming this is current versions of both characters, or at least, the last seen version of both, Shane, at the end was a bloodthirsty killer, who would slay anyone in his way. And personally, I say Shane won that fight, he dropped a motorcycle on Rick and walked away, he could have easily finished Rick off, but he was more concerned about the boy escaping. Plus, at that moment, I don't think he /really/ wanted to kill Rick. I just can't recall any fighting feats of Daryl at all besides taking on walkers and fighting those hunters at the end of the current season.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#54 JediXMan  Moderator

@jayc1324 said:

@jedixman: also out of curiousity where do you think tyreese would fit in?

Can't say; we haven't seen him in many 1-on-1 fights. He's also not a brutal person; he doesn't like to hurt others. That's a factor.

Rick beating on Tyreese does not count; Tyreese wasn't fighting back, and Rick was "bloostlusted."

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: fair enough but Daryl is still tougher. And as far as the fight between rick and Shane I just looked at the end result which was Rick on too punching the crap out of shane but I guess Shane could've won there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RogueShadow said:

Daryl, has a huge pain tolerance, was raised and abused by Merle, excellent tracker. Shane was probably stronger but he was hardly better trained he was an everyday cop. Not to say he wasn't a good fighter.

yes maybe.... in a fair fight i guess Daryl, but Shane is Shane and he doesn't fight fair. ask Otis. not like i prefer Shane.

LOL

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By XxGin

Shane all the way.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Transformers1024

Well let's see....Daryl took out a f*c#ing TANK!

Squall-Leon81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Shane could beat Daryl in a long fight and it will not be easy. But Shane has more training is more evil and has a better physical. Anyway Daryl is not easy to beat and if they fight in a forest or where you have to hide he will own Shane, because he is a wonderful bloodhound.

gideongarner01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By gideongarner01

Shane is physically bigger than Daryl and obviously by logic should have more combat experience and skill since he’s a cop and has seen action. Plus Jon bernthal would beat Norman Reedus in a really H2H fight. So shane definitely wins. I can understand people being biased towards Daryl but Shane is up there with Abraham, beta and would probably beta the likes of the gi net and Merle. Who should both logically be above Daryl as well.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shane would manhandle him.

spiderman31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shane wins

Avatar image for deactivated-621427f0cd20e
deactivated-621427f0cd20e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly, Shane would win.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Maybe a hundred years ago Shane would have won. But Daryl > Beta > Shane these days