JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#101  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@RogueGreyfox said:

depends on location. wolverine wins most of them unless Vader can use his environment against wolverine taking everything out Vader loses as he has nowhere to dump wolverine

Or he could... you know... just hold him in the air for as long as he likes.

The only way Vader loses is if he just stands there and does nothing.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Tony_Shark

@steelhound56 said:

Vader

1. Vader might not be insanely fast, but in his "prime" he has shown the ability to take out accomplished Jedi Knights with relative ease. He is able to close a distance of 20 meters in "the blink of an eye" in Rise of Darth Vader, and this is only 3 months after Mustafar while he's still struggling to get used to his cybernetic suit. He wont blitz Logan, but his sheer speed is massively underrated. His battle precog will give him the nessecary skills to fight Logan up close, given that he has fought multiple Jedi at once and came away unscathed.

2. After becoming accustomed to the suit, Vader is skilled enough to fight 6 dueling droids set on the highest level of their dueling programming at once, only giving him a moderate challenge.

3. In The Rise of Darth Vader, he takes out 6 Jedi Knights in about 20 seconds. Later in the book, he used his TK to dismantle an entire bridge while fighting Roan Shryne on Kashyyk, sending a "storm of pillars, planks and railing" hurling at his opponent so fast a Jedi swordmaster (Shryne is stated to be a master of the sword in the same book) couldnt hold off the onslaught.

His TK is powerful enough to hurl objects far heavier than Logan at blinding speed. Logan isn't fast enough to catch Vader completely offguard, and Vader is known to resort to his TK when he becomes uncomfortable in close combat. In the OT, he Force Chokes an Admiral in a different sector of space just from being able to see him. Thats a massively impressive feat.

His suit is armored as well, in the OT, the suit withstood a lightsaber strike from Luke's saber with minimal damage. The electrical systems are lightly armored as well, but electricity can short them out.

Im going to assume Vader's lightsaber wont cut through Logan's adamantium skeleton immediately. That gives Logan an edge in extreme close combat. Vader has the reach advantage, his lightsaber is far longer than Logan's claws.

Regeneration would also give Logan another edge, but Vader has fought beings with regenerative capabilities before, but Logan's regen is something he hasnt faced. I see Vader having an edge in brute strength, he is stated to be able to crush durasteel with his cybernetic hands

That being said, Logan's regen isnt unbeatable. In one arc of X-Men IIRC (Logan goes crazy and starts killing off the X-Men) Kitty Pride reduced him to a vegetable by phasing through his brain. Vader could basically do the same thing by crushing his brain inside of his skull. Assuming he decides against that, he could pin Logan using TK and take his time with his lightsaber once he figures out that Logan cant be killed conventionally.

Unless Logan can figure out a way to blitz Vader (unlikely due to Vader's precog, which is superior to most Jedi's) I just dont see him possessing the ability to take Vader out.

Here's how I see the fight playing out.

Logan ambushes Vader, sacrficing a deep flesh wound to carve a deep gash into Vader's forearm. Vader is just quick enough to avoid a fatal slash to his electronic systems, and after a brief exchange with Logan at close quarters, pushes him out of melee distance with the Force.

Dampening the sparking around his gauntlet, Vader realizes his opponent is incredibly dangerous. He also notices the gashes on Logan's body healing at an incredible rate. Logan tries to catch Vader off guard by charging straight at him, only to be smacked aside by a steel girder Vader ripped from the surrounding environment. Logan shrugs it off, and gets in close enough to engage the Sith Lord in melee combat for a second time. Vader's precog and brute strength give him enough skill to hold off Logan's assault. Logan goes for his famous lung impale move, only to be caught by the wrists by Vader. Logan loses the grapple, and is flung away by the stronger Vader. Logan goes into beserk mode, scoring another hit, this time on Vader's shoulder armor, actually cleaving through the armor to inflict a wound in Vader's shoulder.

Enraged by being hit, Vader decides that close combat isnt the best tactical option. Using the Force, Vader crushes Logan's windpipe, choking him to "death". Logan eventually suffocates and collapses, seemingly dead. Vader takes a moment to observe the lifeless body of his worthy adversary, and then turns away, leaving the clean up to his Stormtroopers. Logan heals from his injury, and begins carving through the cadre of stormtroopers to lunge at Vader from behind. The Force warns Vader of the danger, and without turning around, Vader uses his TK to catch Logan mere inches away from scoring a fatal blow. Vader then hurls Logan against a wall with enough force to crumple the durasteel around Logan's indesctructable skeleton.

Pinning Logan to the wall using the Force, Vader ignites his lightsaber, and promptly stabs Logan through his eye socket, the lightsaber meeting resistance as it melts through the orbital bone, finally penetrating his skull. The lightsaber severs Logan's neurons, and cooks his brain from the inside out, leaving Logan a vegetable until he regenerates. Seeing his foe return from a fatal injury once before, Vader takes no chances. Using the Force, Vader hurls Logan through the transparisteel window of the Star Destroyer, leaving Logan to succumb to the vaccuum of space, over and over again.

Vader wins, but not in a curbstomp. His TK and variety of long range options puts Wolvie at a disadvantage once Vader figures out his lightsaber wont cleave him in two.

C-C-C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By sandiego008

I came in here thinking vader stomps .. I'm leaving thinking the same way ...

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Silver2467
@JediXMan said: 

Beerhappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Beerhappy

Vader

Ok lets just play make believe and go with a light saber not cutting thru the wolverines bones. It will probably electrocute him from the static, and wolvie dies. Or Vader chokes him to death...once dead wolvie can not regen. Or he gives wolvie a suggestion to gut himself. Or Vader cheats and uses the force to stop logans heart. Or Vader does have have pro cog abilities and can mind read....so he can H2H wolvie and crush his brain with the force. Or...ok nvm, I got more....

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#106  Edited By Strider1992

@sandiego008 said:

This!

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

There are just too many ways in which Vader could kill Wolverine,his only chance of killing Vader is to get up close to him and i doubt Vader would let that happen.

*Void*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By *Void*
@JediXMan said:

@RogueGreyfox said:

depends on location. wolverine wins most of them unless Vader can use his environment against wolverine taking everything out Vader loses as he has nowhere to dump wolverine

Or he could... you know... just hold him in the air for as long as he likes.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#109  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

solo_joke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By solo_joke

Lord Vader uses the force to remove logans clothes from a distance, levitates him over a table and whispers into logans ears "Shh shh shh shhhhhhhh, its alright its all gonna be alright, daddy's here." as logan just whimpers. He then preceeds to force rape logans "hopefully" un-used behind.

Thetroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Thetroll

Are people honestly thinking Wolverine stands a chance? Tell me when you see Logan do something like this: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48765/2139151-new_picture__154_.jpg

rod1949us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By rod1949us

People give Wolverine waaay too much credit in these battles. You had fans giving him the victory over Lobo during the DC vs Marvel crossover. Like how?? How does he beat Lobo?? And even this...how exactly does Wolverine beat Darth Vader or Darth Maul?? How?? Forget the adamantium vs Light Saber argument of whether a light saber can cut through adamantium or not. Truth is they would probably rickashay off one another. So that leaves Wolverine with hand to hand combat and healing factor (which isn't that great). Wolverine has been knocked unconscious numerous times. Vader just has too much going for him. Vader has the telekinesis through the force, force lightening, acute senses, and the ability to manipulate the weak minded. And for folks that think vader is slow, better think again. People kill me with that "force choke" bs. Vader can do far better things with the use of telekinesis like throw objects similar to what Sidious did to Yoda. He could even toss Wolverine with the use of the force like Count Dooku did Obi Wan. And even in close combat...Wolverine may have an edge there...maybe. But that's it. Overall, Vader has the edge. Vader would outsmart Wolverine anyways just like he does against Starkiller throughout the Force Unleashed Series. Does Wolverine have some powers I don't know about?? lol

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Bo88gdan

Wolverine wins

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By onilordasmodeus

Lol!

imbackwimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By imbackwimps

logan easy vader incest son beat him

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#116  Edited By Saren

Vader.......easily.

@imbackwimps said:

Every time I think you can't possibly top yourself, you do.

imbackwimps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By imbackwimps

@CitizenBane said:

Vader.......easily.

@imbackwimps said:

Every time I think you can't possibly top yourself, you do.

thank you and

jonEsherfey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#118  Edited By jonEsherfey

@rod1949us said:

People give Wolverine waaay too much credit in these battles. You had fans giving him the victory over Lobo during the DC vs Marvel crossover. Like how?? How does he beat Lobo?? And even this...how exactly does Wolverine beat Darth Vader or Darth Maul?? How?? Forget the adamantium vs Light Saber argument of whether a light saber can cut through adamantium or not. Truth is they would probably rickashay off one another. So that leaves Wolverine with hand to hand combat and healing factor (which isn't that great). Wolverine has been knocked unconscious numerous times. Vader just has too much going for him. Vader has the telekinesis through the force, force lightening, acute senses, and the ability to manipulate the weak minded. And for folks that think vader is slow, better think again. People kill me with that "force choke" bs. Vader can do far better things with the use of telekinesis like throw objects similar to what Sidious did to Yoda. He could even toss Wolverine with the use of the force like Count Dooku did Obi Wan. And even in close combat...Wolverine may have an edge there...maybe. But that's it. Overall, Vader has the edge. Vader would outsmart Wolverine anyways just like he does against Starkiller throughout the Force Unleashed Series. Does Wolverine have some powers I don't know about?? lol

Ya, That is pretty much it. You said it very well so Darth Vader wins.

karetaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By karetaker

wolverine shouldn't touch Vader in this fight.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By jeanroygrant

Darth Vader.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#121  Edited By leonkarlen123

Vader force push Wolvie into the wall and then dashes forward and cut out his heart

Rocksmasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Rocksmasher

Darth Vader sees Wovlerine in his stupid yellow costume

Darth Vader laughs

Wolverine is offended

Wolverine jumps for him

Darth Vader force chokes Wolverine

Wolverine dies from lack of air to lungs and brain (Not to mention, force wielders can crush hearts/brains/bones from the inside as well)

Darth Vader stomps GG WP cya, close this thread down, no more to be discussed here sorry.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I say Vader.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Cjdavis103

Vader has so many advantages here it is not even funny

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By RetconCrisis

@rod1949us said:

Exactly this. Regeneration doesn't mean you can't be KO'd. Wolvie is slightly overrated here.

Also, Darth Vader can just crush Wolverine's lungs or leg bones to make him immobile. Or he can use the force to send him against the wall at high velocity, crushing his bones, and whileh he's regenerating, he can go in and swish with the lightsaber to the head. And people forget that Vader is only slow because he chooses to. He can move about as fast as he was Anakin if he chose to (not by necessarily running, but by jumping and force manipulation)And Wolvie can't do anything about his force precognition.

IndieComicsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is funny, as this is what I feel as well. Nothing changed.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Gracetrack

@iheartzombies92 said:

I say Vader.

Yep.

Seriously, people... Wolverine is not winning this one.

Thewhiteronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two words: Force Choke

/thread

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader stomps.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By BatmanFan11

..........................Darth Vader uses the force and rips Wolverine's skeleton right out of his body or Darth Vader just simply uses the force and choke's Wolverine to death. Big curbstomp.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By dondave
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Is this movie Vader? If so I don't see him winning.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By BatmanFan11

@logy5000 said:

How would you not see Darth Vader winning? Seriously. All he'd do is use the force and he'd either rip Wolverine's skeleton out of his body, and or choke him to death.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000 said:

How would you not see Darth Vader winning? Seriously. All he'd do is use the force and he'd either rip Wolverine's skeleton out of his body, and or choke him to death.

Because Vader never did anything like ripping somebody's skeleton out. Force choking would be effective, but Logan won't stand there and let him do it.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000:

Wouldn't be surprised if he did. And isn't the Force everywhere? Yeah......Darth Vader takes this before Wolverine even move's.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000:

Wouldn't be surprised if he did. And isn't the Force everywhere? Yeah......Darth Vader takes this before Wolverine even move's.

The force is everywhere, but a Jedi's control of it is limited. I would be surprised if Vader could rip a skeleton out of a body that constantly regenerates. Vader's reaction speeds do not suggest that he could do anything before Logan moves.

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By BatmanFan11

@logy5000:

Well with the force. I'd still say Vader takes this. Once he has Wolverine. There's nothing Logan could do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@logy5000:

Well with the force. I'd still say Vader takes this. Once he has Wolverine. There's nothing Logan could do.

If morals are off, then I agree. OP doesn't specify whether or not morals apply. Morals off, Vader wins with the force.

With morals applying, Vader always uses a lightsaber first.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader wins. TK ftw

BatmanFan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wouldn't force choke work on Wolverine?

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real question is... Darth Vader would just mindfuck Wolvie with the force right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real question is... Darth Vader would just mindfuck Wolvie with the force right?

Careful with language man, cursing isn't allowed on the forums.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Darth Vader stomps Logan to infinity and beyond.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader easily

Force Choke

Avatar image for thebelltollsforthee
thebelltollsforthee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm assuming you're using the EU version of Vader. If so, I've got to give it to Vader. He's got the Force on his side and a lightsaber which I'm going to assume can cut through adamantium well enough. Vader can keep his distance using the Force, pick Wolverine up using a good ole' Force choke, and finish it off by throwing his lightsaber at Wolves' head therefore decapitating him. Vader wins 9/10 times.

Linestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bububump I vote wolverine

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#148  Edited By Jokerpoker

Wolverines regenerating skills and adamantium skeleton make this a close one, it could go either way, but if I had to choose I'd say Vader.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader has the three things that Logan cannot match.

Telepathy in a hand to hand trashed him when he fought Mr. X., and he was a weak mind reader at that. His berserker rage was the only thing that saved him. With Vader it would get his head lopped off. I call the indestructible cartilage and ligaments B$.

Telekinesis trashed him in Battle of the Atom against a full TK user like Gean Gray. But to be fair let us assume Darth Vader can only move idk metal with his mind only. And Wolverine has never had problems with masters of Magnetism before, right fanboys. Dark lord twists his head off.

Energy projection can heat his adamantium until it melts. And Logan's claws are thin enough that they would at least be seriously softened by a light saber slash. They are hotter than the surface of a sun IMHO.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader.