User Lists: 3

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Emperor339

@giliad_: I believe it's the alignment of your account.

Red = Evil

Grey = Neutral

Blue = Good

It's in the 'About Me' section of your profile.

Royal_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-wan should stomp

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Vader by a nose.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Azronger

Vader - more skilled, faster bladework, faster footwork, can take minor lightsaber hits, and is knowledgeable on Obi-Wan's style. I say he takes this 10/10, but Obi-Wan's a huge pain in the backside to overcome.

Parmagreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think obi wan kenobi would win in a dual

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Vader probably has some familiarity with Kenobi's technique, but I don't see it would guarantee an automatic victory, Vader probably hasn't remembered it well enough to know how to answer it. I'd say Kenobi wins for the majority in a tough battle.

@lordofthelight Thoughts?

GuildSeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan. More skilled and faster.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Either way, or Vader.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader, but it's very close.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@yousufkhan1212

Yeah I would say the same. If a severely out of form( though more powerful) version of Obi Wan can somewhat loosely stalemate him( at the very least, hold his own), I see no reason why ROTS Obi Wan wouldn't win a small majority, considering that Vader has improved significantly from ANH to ROTJ. In a contest of sheer skill, it could go either way honestly, but I would favor Vader in strength and Obi Wan in speed, slightly. Great fight though, but Obi Wan should manage to scrape out a win.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader in a great fight. As of Rotj, I view him as on Dooku's level.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212

Yeah I would say the same. If a severely out of form( though more powerful) version of Obi Wan can somewhat loosely stalemate him( at the very least, hold his own), I see no reason why ROTS Obi Wan wouldn't win a small majority, considering that Vader has improved significantly from ANH to ROTJ. In a contest of sheer skill, it could go either way honestly, but I would favor Vader in strength and Obi Wan in speed, slightly. Great fight though, but Obi Wan should manage to scrape out a win.

I agree, yeah ANH Vader was significantly Pre Prime, but he was only Pre Prime by barely 5 years. Obi-Wan was past his Prime by 19years.

Also, I don't recall a Source saying that Obi-Wan grew in power after in ROTS, except the one Source that said he increased his connection with the Force, but would've been a reference to his continued hobby of meditating, studying the Light Side of the Force, communicating with Qui Gon through the living Force (forgot what the Source was called), and in ANH Junior Novel where Vader assumed Obi-Wan's study of the Force ended long ago and his power diminished, but realises he was wrong. That doesn't mean Obi-Wan grew in power, it just means his power never declined.

Then you get a few statements from Obi-Wan from the Death Star Sourcebook where he claims he "matured" since the last time he met Vader, but that doesn't need to be taken at face value because it could easily be a Light Side version of Don Moch (psychological welfare) as an attempt to undermine Vader. Or... Obi-Wan was referring to his understanding of the Light Side of the Force and the fact he studied the technique of how to become a Force Ghost.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By kbroskywalker

vader due to his stamina, durability and strength. While Kenobi is faster vader has shown he can deal with opponents with kenobi level speed, on the other hand, theonly one remotely comparable physically to vader that kenobi has faced is grevious and in terms of unarmed combat kenobi has been stomped by grevious every time.

That being said Vader unlike grevious doesn't usually resort to physical strikes vs comparable duelists and ataru and soresu are strong vs djem so, and techincally this is no longer vader at his peak so...

vader 6/10

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Drache64

In sabers only obi wan will win.

Vader has trouble with agile opponents and has relied on the force to wear them down in the past (episode VI Luke vs Vader on bestine)

Avatar image for deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0
deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212 Didn't Vader have enough memory of Soresu to create Proxy? I know that Proxy isn't an exact copy of any of the people he can mirror, but his Obi Wan Module trained Galen Marek to proficiency in Juyo, didn't he?

Also I say Vader 5.5/10. Obi Wan was powerful, but Vader had improved past his Mustafar skill level. Very close, would not be as close of Vader had the Force.

ZUKOLICIOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Vader wins but Obi-Wan will be able to hold against him for a while.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader wins but Obi-Wan will be able to hold against him for a while.

Butan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Obi Wan takes this.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@yousufkhan1212

1. Growth in age, has just about every time correlated with growth in power, unless you are simply way too old, which was not at all the case with Obi Wan( in fact, I would be hesitant to label it a case for even Dooku, so Obi Wan is out of the question, as he, even in ANH was more than 25 years, Dooku's junior). The only thing that decreased for him, were his physicals( enormously), and lightsaber skills( this not by a huge amount), due to his increased isolation, and out of practice. He had 19 years to tune his connection with the force, and increase his power, which he did, otherwise there is simply no way a person like that( in those circumstances) can even hold out a second or two against Vader, let alone loosely stalemate him( considering Vader, shortly after ROTS was able to blitz Jedi knights and beat Masters like they were fodder).

Also, I don't recall a Source saying that Obi-Wan grew in power after in ROTS, except the one Source that said he increased his connection with the Force, but would've been a reference to his continued hobby of meditating, studying the Light Side of the Force, communicating with Qui Gon through the living Force (forgot what the Source was called),

Which in other words, means increasing his power. It is rather obvious, by both the statement, and the fact that if he didn't, there is simply no way his physicals would allow him to last that long. "increasing your connection to the force" means growing in power, it is plain, not only by the statement, but by context as well.

Then you get a few statements from Obi-Wan from the Death Star Sourcebook where he claims he "matured" since the last time he met Vader, but that doesn't need to be taken at face value because it could easily be a Light Side version of Don Moch (psychological welfare) as an attempt to undermine Vader. Or... Obi-Wan was referring to his understanding of the Light Side of the Force and the fact he studied the technique of how to become a Force Ghost.

You are being unfair here. Vader himself realizes that he was mistaken when he took Obi Wan's powers as weak. There is no evidence to support the fact that he was using Dun Moch( Jedi don't do that anyway, certainly not Jedi like Obi Wan). Whatever he said, was only the truth, and the only argument one can make is whether his statement regarding a Force Ghost, being much more powerful than before, but that simply can be attributed to the fact, that by Canon, only Jedi can be force ghosts, and holding power above life and death, would be much more significant etc. And besides:

"Your power has matured since I taught you, but I too have grown much since our parting."-Obi Wan Kenobi

Credit: A New Hope

This is in the main novel, so it holds highest credence. And the fact that he has grown much, can only refer to power( which is supported by "his increased connection to the force"), since it is all but confirmed he has significantly degenerated physicals, and has lost his lightsaber mastery.

4. Lastly, it is not in the nature of Obi Wan to boast or lie. That is completely against his character, and so makes his statement much more credible. And I'll repeat( for the fourth time, as this is extremely important here): Only a substantially increased power can justify his performance against Vader, since it is canonical that he degraded in every other sense. It is also supported by sources that he increased in power, and by his own admission, much( as I said this makes the "much", much more credible since this is coming from the mouth of Obi Wan, one of the most modest characters in SW). That being said, yeah, I don't see how it is unjustified at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Kenobi by the slimmest of margins.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader for the majority, if not 10/10. However, Kenobi puts up an incredible fight.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader for the majority, if not 10/10. However, Kenobi puts up an incredible fight.

definitely not 10/10, while I'd say vader has the edge here, the difference is marginal

Avatar image for deactivated-5be183e26f3e9
deactivated-5be183e26f3e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zapan871 said:

As of Rotj, I view him as on Dooku's level.

Skill wise?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader by a slim margin.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight:

1. Growth in age, has just about every time correlated with growth in power, unless you are simply way too old, which was not at all the case with Obi Wan( in fact, I would be hesitant to label it a case for even Dooku, so Obi Wan is out of the question, as he, even in ANH was more than 25 years, Dooku's junior). The only thing that decreased for him, were his physicals( enormously), and lightsaber skills( this not by a huge amount), due to his increased isolation, and out of practice. He had 19 years to tune his connection with the force, and increase his power, which he did, otherwise there is simply no way a person like that( in those circumstances) can even hold out a second or two against Vader, let alone loosely stalemate him( considering Vader, shortly after ROTS was able to blitz Jedi knights and beat Masters like they were fodder).

He spent his time meditating, communicating with Qui Gon through the Force and studying the living Force itself. That doesn't mean he grew in combative power

Which in other words, means increasing his power. It is rather obvious, by both the statement, and the fact that if he didn't, there is simply no way his physicals would allow him to last that long. "increasing your connection to the force" means growing in power, it is plain, not only by the statement, but by context as well.

It doesn't always mean growing in power, and for Ben's case, he was studying the technique of how to become a Force Ghost which would easily increase his connection with the Force, but not better TK.

You are being unfair here. Vader himself realizes that he was mistaken when he took Obi Wan's powers as weak. There is no evidence to support the fact that he was using Dun Moch( Jedi don't do that anyway, certainly not Jedi like Obi Wan). Whatever he said, was only the truth, and the only argument one can make is whether his statement regarding a Force Ghost, being much more powerful than before, but that simply can be attributed to the fact, that by Canon, only Jedi can be force ghosts, and holding power above life and death, would be much more significant etc. And besides:

Yes I know he realized he was mistaken about assuming Ben's power diminished and acknowledged the truth as ANH Junior Novel made clear, but that concept doesn't automatically his power grew, it would alsoi mean his power remained the same.

This is in the main novel, so it holds highest credence. And the fact that he has grown much, can only refer to power( which is supported by "his increased connection to the force"), since it is all but confirmed he has significantly degenerated physicals, and has lost his lightsaber mastery.

Ben was referring to his connection with the Light Side of the Force, yes I know it is a side of the Force, but not a side that's about power, the Dark Side is about power. The only thing Ben has been doing since ROTS that has anything to do with the Force is studying the technique of how to become a Force Ghost, meditating, and some stuff like that.

Ben's statements about how he was grown is not a reference to his combative power.

It doesn't have to be just a reference of power though.

4. Lastly, it is not in the nature of Obi Wan to boast or lie. That is completely against his character, and so makes his statement much more credible. And I'll repeat( for the fourth time, as this is extremely important here): Only a substantially increased power can justify his performance against Vader, since it is canonical that he degraded in every other sense.

Firstly, Ben was only 57 years old at the time of ANH, he wasn't that old, yeah he looked like a crazy old wizard, but don't let the choreography of ANH movie fool you. Take Qui Gon Jinn for example, a man in his 60s (3 years older than Ben) who used Ataru (the most physically demanding Form in lightsaber combat if I recall correctly), and he managed to contend with TPM Maul (one of the deadliest, most efficiently trained and most dangerous Sith of all time) for a lengthy period of time. Qui Gon is a perfect case an elderly Jedi who uses a very physically demanding Form, past his physical prime, and happens to be in his 60s.

And on the other hand, Ben has been stated as a formidable Form III practitioner even in his elderly years.

"Even in his elder years, Kenobi remains a formidable Form III practitioner." - Insider #62: Fightsaber

And it's been stated that Ben still continued his Jedi exercises on Tatooine for a while to stay fit.

"It was fortunate for Ben that he had continued his Jedi exercises on Tatooine, that he had not allowed his reflexes to become dull." - The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi

It is also supported by sources that he increased in power, and by his own admission, much( as I said this makes the "much", much more credible since this is coming from the mouth of Obi Wan, one of the most modest characters in SW). That being said, yeah, I don't see how it is unjustified at all.

The Death Star sourcebook actually says that Ben was taunting Vader, using a "Sith honorific", and also said that Vader knew he was being taunted.

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Vader knew that Obi-Wan was taunting him by using the Sith honorific, but he would not allow himself to be baited." - Death Star.

And before you say it... Yes I know it's a different source that doesn't include Ben's statement of saying he has grown. However, he still says something similar to Vader such as the fact that he claimed if Vader tries striking him down, Ben will become more powerful than he can possibly imagine - which was confirmed as taunting.

Ben's claims of increasing his power doesn't need to be taken seriously. You're saying it should be taken seriously because Obi-Wan isn't someone who taunts and lies, but that's actually irrelevant because we're talking about Old Ben Kenobi. The same guy who spent most of years isolated on a Desert planet with little to no friends after the Rise of the Galatic Empire, having little to no friends to talk to, only having the duty of watching over Luke Skywalker and living alone, knowing that most of his Jedi friends and companions either became traitors, killed or captured. That can take a serious psychological toll on someone, and as a matter of fact, it's even more clear when Owen Lars mentions Ben being a "crazy old wizard". I'm not saying Old Ben Kenobi is a sadistic liar, I'm saying he's a extremely mentally unwell and is somewhat crazy.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By LordOfTheLight

@yousufkhan1212

He spent his time meditating, communicating with Qui Gon through the Force and studying the living Force itself. That doesn't mean he grew in combative power

It doesn't always mean growing in power, and for Ben's case, he was studying the technique of how to become a Force Ghost which would easily increase his connection with the Force, but not better TK.

Ben was referring to his connection with the Light Side of the Force, yes I know it is a side of the Force, but not a side that's about power, the Dark Side is about power. The only thing Ben has been doing since ROTS that has anything to do with the Force is studying the technique of how to become a Force Ghost, meditating, and some stuff like that.

Ben's statements about how he was grown is not a reference to his combative power.

1. Prove otherwise. The evidence that he grew in power is there. Prove that it isn't applicable to "combative power", the onus is on you for it. Increased connection to the force, means increase in overall power my friend. And increase in overall power, means increase in augmentative and telekinetic power by granted. As I said, prove otherwise?

2. It was one of the techniques he was studying. That doesn't mean he wasn't studying other techniques though. And increase in knowledge always leads to increase in power itself because you test your boundaries more often in new ways. That leads to greater mastery, unlocking more raw power from your potential. Of course, things like experience and training, actual fighting also contributes to increase in power( hence why he became vastly more powerful from AoTC to ROTS), but his experience for 17 years was practically nothing, so there isn't any help from that quarter at all.

Yes I know he realized he was mistaken about assuming Ben's power diminished and acknowledged the truth as ANH Junior Novel made clear, but that concept doesn't automatically his power grew, it would alsoi mean his power remained the same.

This was in reference to your point. Also, if your power grows, I am pretty sure it can't remain the same!!

Firstly, Ben was only 57 years old at the time of ANH, he wasn't that old, yeah he looked like a crazy old wizard, but don't let the choreography of ANH movie fool you. Take Qui Gon Jinn for example, a man in his 60s (3 years older than Ben) who used Ataru (the most physically demanding Form in lightsaber combat if I recall correctly), and he managed to contend with TPM Maul (one of the deadliest, most efficiently trained and most dangerous Sith of all time) for a lengthy period of time. Qui Gon is a perfect case an elderly Jedi who uses a very physically demanding Form, past his physical prime, and happens to be in his 60s.

I wouldn't call 57 years old to be "only", though bro. Secondly, he was actually that old and looked more, because of Tatooine, and the climate, which he wasn't used to previously, and which may have caused him to age prematurely. And yes, he did fight for two years after ROTS( in Legends) but left it, and for 17 years. Pretty sure a long period, of inactivity, isolation, harsh climate would cause such conditions in Obi Wan, yeah. And Qui Gon was 60 dot, at Naboo. Just 3 years older than Obi Wan.

And on the other hand, Ben has been stated as a formidable Form III practitioner even in his elderly years.

Because, he was, by everyone known to us, THE greatest master of Soresu to ever exist( by known people again) in ROTS. At the very least, he was an undisputed prodigy in that form. So yeah, he would remain a master, and his skills would still be classified as formidable. Because, not only his power grew, compensating for his extremely degenerated physicals, but he also practiced slightly though it is infinitely lesser than what he did in the clone wars.

And it's been stated that Ben still continued his Jedi exercises on Tatooine for a while to stay fit.

As I said, they would allow his bare minimum of skill to survive obviously. Otherwise, not even someone as powerful and skilled as Obi Wan can possibly last a millisecond against Vader. Then you have this:

Neither has fought another lightsaber-wielder for many years. Kenobi is an older man

Credit:Insider#62, Fightsaber

Which confirms, for now, that Obi Wan Kenobi didn't fight anyone for at least 17 years( 5 in the case for Vader though since this came out before Rebels and it pales in comparison to 17 of Obi Wan, but on the information we have on Obi Wan, it is 17). And no amount of basic rudimentary exercises can compensate for actual experience and fighting.

He still had some skill, his old Master did, but he was out of practice. Vader could feel it through the Force.

Credit: Death Star

Obi Wan's muscle strength has been continually termed as weak. His physicals, are therefore only a bare shadow of his former self.

The Death Star sourcebook actually says that Ben was taunting Vader, using a "Sith honorific", and also said that Vader knew he was being taunted.

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine."

Vader knew that Obi-Wan was taunting him by using the Sith honorific, but he would not allow himself to be baited." - Death Star.

2 things again:

1. He was taunting when he said "Darth". No where here is it mentioned that he was taunting when he said that he had become much more powerful. Yes they are different sources, but they are directly inconsistent. Let me even use it then, we will have this-

2. Further, here is the actual thing

"Your power has matured since I taught you, but I too have grown much since our parting."-Obi Wan Kenobi

Credit: A New Hope

This was before the taunt. The "taunt" only referred to the usage of the term "Darth" by Obi Wan. Even in the Death Star, it is said so directly, that the taunt was referring to the said so.

The same guy who spent most of years isolated on a Desert planet with little to no friends after the Rise of the Galatic Empire, having little to no friends to talk to, only having the duty of watching over Luke Skywalker and living alone, knowing that most of his Jedi friends and companions either became traitors, killed or captured. That can take a serious psychological toll on someone, and as a matter of fact, it's even more clear when Owen Lars mentions Ben being a "crazy old wizard". I'm not saying Old Ben Kenobi is a sadistic liar, I'm saying he's a extremely mentally unwell and is somewhat crazy.

Now you are pulling my leg for sure :). But yes, as far as Owen Lars is concerned:

"Like a father you wish to be, young Obi-Wan?" "More an...eccentric old uncle, I think. It is a part I can play very well."

Credit: Revenge of the Sith

Yes, judging by the movies, there didn't seem to be absolutely anything wrong with Obi Wan mentally( that too aside from the fact that he is a master telepath). And he admits that he did the crazy part by himself, just as an act. So that isn't true my friend.

Now aside from Obi Wan's own admittance, how do we judge that his powers increased and substantially? Simple, we know for a fact that his strength has degraded a lot, and his skills have degenerated too( though not even close to exponentially like his physical strength). Based on that, there is( I have said this 4 times, and I am saying it again), absolutely no way he can loosely stalemate someone who, by canon, is a confirmed superior to ROTS Anakin, and even has quotes from Legends supporting this( despite the new theories that have Anakin at YodaSidious level, I mean seriously?, every evidence of that comes from quotes in Legends, the likes of which are contradicted by several other quotes as well, and completely contradicted by Canon, which has Rebels Vader at his prime of life), and more conclusively, feats supporting this etc. Vader, even a decade before this, was fodderising Jedi Masters and Knights as if they were malfunctioning proxy droids. This is the same person whole force augmentation matched Starkiller himself. Given this, the only way an Obi Wan as weak as himself will fight to the level that he did, is if his power increased drastically, which it did, by his own admission. As for Vader vs Anakin, the main creator of this argument simply cannot toss canon away, as it is still central to the universe. And even in Legends, there are still plenty of quotes contradicting that notion. Canon contradicts it fully. And feats contradict it. Even though it is Rebels or ROTJ Vader we are talking about, ANH Vader is still close enough to them. And yes, I realize that I am probably mixing continuity here by discussing Anakin, but we debate the SW universe as a whole, and have to take in a holistic point of view, not a blinkered one.

That being said, this is quite conclusive. In fact it is rather crystal clear, as I have said countless times, there simply cannot be any other possibility.

ViperSixteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight

Prove otherwise. The evidence that he grew in power is there. Prove that it isn't applicable to "combative power", the onus is on you for it. Increased connection to the force, means increase in overall power my friend. And increase in overall power, means increase in augmentative and telekinetic power by granted. As I said, prove otherwise?

Prove it? He increased his connection with the Force by meditiating, studying the Light Side by allowing it to flow through him. How would that increase his power? And when was it suggested an increased connection with the Force regardless of what increases the connection always gurantees increased combative power?

2. It was one of the techniques he was studying. That doesn't mean he wasn't studying other techniques though.

When was it stated he studied other techniques?

And increase in knowledge always leads to increase in power itself because you test your boundaries more often in new ways. That leads to greater mastery, unlocking more raw power from your potential. Of course, things like experience and training, actual fighting also contributes to increase in power( hence why he became vastly more powerful from AoTC to ROTS), but his experience for 17 years was practically nothing, so there isn't any help from that quarter at all.

Ben didn't do a lot of fighting on a daily basis from ROTS to ANH like he did from AOTC to ROTS though.

This was in reference to your point. Also, if your power grows, I am pretty sure it can't remain the same!!

ANH Junior Novel never suggested Ben's power grew, it only said it didn't diminish from the realisation of Vader, that statement doesn't just opens the idea of Ben's power growing, it also opens the idea of him being equally as powerful as he was in the prime of his youth.

I wouldn't call 57 years old to be "only", though bro. Secondly, he was actually that old and looked more, because of Tatooine, and the climate, which he wasn't used to previously, and which may have caused him to age prematurely.

Oh yeah I know about that because of the 2 Suns near Tatooine.

And yes, he did fight for two years after ROTS( in Legends) but left it, and for 17 years. Pretty sure a long period, of inactivity, isolation, harsh climate would cause such conditions in Obi Wan, yeah. And Qui Gon was 60 dot, at Naboo. Just 3 years older than Obi Wan.

I'm pretty sure Ben had some fights every now and then after ROTS on Tatooine, such as that Wookie bounty hunter as an example.

And Qui Gon was 60 dot, at Naboo. Just 3 years older than Obi Wan

He was in great shape!

Because, he was, by everyone known to us, THE greatest master of Soresu to ever exist( by known people again) in ROTS. At the very least, he was an undisputed prodigy in that form. So yeah, he would remain a master, and his skills would still be classified as formidable. Because, not only his power grew, compensating for his extremely degenerated physicals, but he also practiced slightly though it is infinitely lesser than what he did in the clone wars.

And he still remained a formidable Soresu master after ROTS, and Soresu is a physically demanding Form.

As I said, they would allow his bare minimum of skill to survive obviously. Otherwise, not even someone as powerful and skilled as Obi Wan can possibly last a millisecond against Vader. Then you have this:

Huh?

Neither has fought another lightsaber-wielder for many years. Kenobi is an older man

Credit:Insider#62, Fightsaber

That Source is outdated because Vader has fought plenty of lightsaber wielding opponents that didn't take place years before ANH.

Which confirms, for now, that Obi Wan Kenobi didn't fight anyone for at least 17 years( 5 in the case for Vader though since this came out before Rebels and it pales in comparison to 17 of Obi Wan, but on the information we have on Obi Wan, it is 17). And no amount of basic rudimentary exercises can compensate for actual experience and fighting.

They weren't "basic rudimentary exercises", they're called Jedi excercises. What do you think they're supposed to be used for?

He still had some skill, his old Master did, but he was out of practice. Vader could feel it through the Force.

Credit: Death Star

Obi Wan's muscle strength has been continually termed as weak. His physicals, are therefore only a bare shadow of his former self.

I'm not disputing the fact that Ben is a former shadow of ROTS Kenobi in terms of physicality, but Ben is in good physical condition for a man of his age.

Obi-Wan moves at a speed deemed incredible for a being of his age, in the context of ANH Novel Ben lunges at a massive ship and the Novel itself describe that movement as an "incredible swiftness for one so old."

"Executing a move of incredible swiftness for one so old, Kenobi lunged at the massive shape." - A New Hope Novel.

That shows it.

1. He was taunting when he said "Darth". No where here is it mentioned that he was taunting when he said that he had become much more powerful. Yes they are different sources, but they are directly inconsistent. Let me even use it then, we will have this-

Firstly, he mentioned "Darth" in the same sentence he claimed he would become far more powerful if he was killed by Vader, and Vader even mused that those words were taunts. How do you know that only one portion of the sentence was taunting?

2. Further, here is the actual thing

Through what context?

This was before the taunt. The "taunt" only referred to the usage of the term "Darth" by Obi Wan.

No it wasn't just a reference to the use of the term "Darth", who the hell would call a Sith Lord "Darth" as taunting? The Source stated that Vader knew Ben was using the Sith Honorific (which is probably a Jedi version of Dun Moch or some crap like that)

Even in the Death Star, it is said so directly, that the taunt was referring to the said so.

The Source never selected the term "Darth" as the only taunt, nothing about this Source remotely suggested that Ben's use of the word "Darth" was the only taunt.

The whole sentence is Ben basically trying to undermine Vader.

Now you are pulling my leg for sure :). But yes, as far as Owen Lars is concerned:

"Like a father you wish to be, young Obi-Wan?" "More an...eccentric old uncle, I think. It is a part I can play very well."

Credit: Revenge of the Sith

Yes, judging by the movies, there didn't seem to be absolutely anything wrong with Obi Wan mentally( that too aside from the fact that he is a master telepath). And he admits that he did the crazy part by himself, just as an act. So that isn't true my friend.

I wasn't going as far as saying he was crazy, just really mentally unwell because of his solitary life on Tatooine for the past 2 decades, having to tolerate a lot of emotion turmoil and anguish.

Now aside from Obi Wan's own admittance, how do we judge that his powers increased and substantially? Simple, we know for a fact that his strength has degraded a lot, and his skills have degenerated too( though not even close to exponentially like his physical strength). Based on that, there is( I have said this 4 times, and I am saying it again), absolutely no way he can loosely stalemate someone who, by canon, is a confirmed superior to ROTS Anakin, and even has quotes from Legends supporting this( despite the new theories that have Anakin at YodaSidious level, I mean seriously?, every evidence of that comes from quotes in Legends, the likes of which are contradicted by several other quotes as well, and completely contradicted by Canon, which has Rebels Vader at his prime of life), and more conclusively, feats supporting this etc. Vader, even a decade before this, was fodderising Jedi Masters and Knights as if they were malfunctioning proxy droids. This is the same person whole force augmentation matched Starkiller himself. Given this, the only way an Obi Wan as weak as himself will fight to the level that he did, is if his power increased drastically, which it did, by his own admission. As for Vader vs Anakin, the main creator of this argument simply cannot toss canon away, as it is still central to the universe. And even in Legends, there are still plenty of quotes contradicting that notion. Canon contradicts it fully. And feats contradict it. Even though it is Rebels or ROTJ Vader we are talking about, ANH Vader is still close enough to them. And yes, I realize that I am probably mixing continuity here by discussing Anakin, but we debate the SW universe as a whole, and have to take in a holistic point of view, not a blinkered one.

That being said, this is quite conclusive. In fact it is rather crystal clear, as I have said countless times, there simply cannot be any other possibility.

You're overcomplicating everything by bringing in Canon and Legends. And I do recall a Legends Source that claimed ANH Vader was a shadow of his former self (ROTS Anakin). And please stop saying Ben only managed to loosely stalemate Vader because he supposedly grew in power. The way you're behaving is as if Ben loosely stalemating Vader should make no sense unless Ben's power in the Force increased since ROTS and that there can't be any other possiblities, that's just suspension of disbelief.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giliad_: I believe it's the alignment of your account.

Red = Evil

Grey = Neutral

Blue = Good

It's in the 'About Me' section of your profile.

Bad guys always lose bruh

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

Why did you tag me from a 5 month old comment to say that...

:0

What's the context here.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Obi-Wan in a close one.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

Why did you tag me from a 5 month old comment to say that...

:0

What's the context here.

cuz evil sucks bruh

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jimmytheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Jimmytheman

Both are overrated.

Avatar image for theirondinosaur
TheIronDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necropost.

Obi-Wan can take a minor majority here, methinks. Darth Vader was just past his peak (around 45) whereas Obi-Wan was at his peak (late 30s) so Obi-Wan would probably be a bit stronger. Vader would be stronger in the force but that would be immaterial.

Vader's saber style is either Djem So or Ataru. Djem So is very focused and is known as the most physically demanding form. This would put him at a disadvantage against Obi-Wan due to his cybernetics greatly decreasing his physical... everything. Ataru, on the other hand is an acrobatic offensive style. The acrobatics, as stated before, would put him at a disadvantage and the offense would put him at a disadvantage against Obi-Wan's Soresu.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Two years ago this had more discussion value, since ROTS Kenobi was in his prime. Given that a weaker iteration of Vader (ANH) the one used for this battle (ROTJ) was beating Old Ben Kenobi, which is Prime Kenobi in Canon, so he definitely wins against a weaker iteration of Kenobi.

If this is Legends, Vader wins by a slighter margin.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Obi wan slaughters

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader wins due to character knowledge.

Remove that and I would back Kenobi.

G_Race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a Vader win. without CIS it would have happened already. This time around take Anakin speed edge away and put it towards power. Vader 8.5/10

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is Jedi Master Obi Wan in his normal capacity, I would give Vader a slight edge. I consider Vader to be a little above Jedi Knight Anakin, who is an equal to Obi Wan(enraged Anakin or Pre Suit Vader is a different story). In this condition Vader has the stamina to outlast Obi Wan and would either find an opening with his Makashi or wear him down over time with his Djem So. Obi Wan's Sokan is his best chance, but Vader's likely learned from experience.

If Obi Wan is in the same state of connection with The Force as he was against Grevious and most likely was with Pre Suit Vader, he would win almost for sure. In that enhanced state, he is an equal to Pre Suit Vader, the same guy who made a mockery of Dooku and Cin Drallig, which is beyond Vader. Only Yoda or Sidious could beat Obi Wan in that state.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c0eef934dfe
deactivated-59c0eef934dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Vader

Dispray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Dispray

Pre Suit Vader was able to overpower Kenobi and would have won if not for the high ground thing. ROTJ Vader is Vader's prime, and he is canonically more powerful in his suit than without it. So Vader should win this easily I would say.