• 20 m starting distance

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Morals off, Vader curbstomps him with telekinesis.

Morals on he probably forgets that he has telekinesis and allows Obi-Wan to outduel him.

Pierpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Morals on he probably forgets that he has telekinesis and allows Obi-Wan to outduel him.

Is vader's tk that much better than peak anakin's?

Not doubting it, just asking

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meant morals on...

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@i_like_swords said:

He has better control and better showings, before the suit Anakin was largely just untapped potential.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pierpat said:

@i_like_swords said:

Anakin was severely hindered when Kenobi stalemated him. Months prior to Revenge of the Sith Kenobi was being ragdolled by inferior Force users to Anakin.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Emotionally. He wasn't settled on killing Obi-Wan, as described in Dard Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: He would definitely win in a contest of Force power, or any kind of all out fight, yeah. Anakin's emotions, and the fact him and Kenobi know each other's fighting style inside an out, are the primary reasons for the fight lasting so long and Anakin actually losing.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Tbh even hindered, I could have still seen Anakin winning eventually, looking at it, you could see Obi-Wan fatigued by comparison to Anakin who didn't even looked tired at all and the cliff bit was a gamble on Obi-Wan's part, cause if he swung too late or too soon that would have been the end for him.

Sirfizwhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sirfizwhiz

Yeah Vader for sure.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Yeah, it was kind of a toss up, really.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should still be close in skill, even in spite of the fact Vader isn't up to par with his ROTJ Incarnation. The jobbing of the TCW show should bring him down to or at least close to ANH Vader's level.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bfd5d714c687
deactivated-5bfd5d714c687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi-Wan should win against ANH Vader, however if this were ESB or ROTJ Vader, he'd win. At this time Vader was still getting used to living with his robotic parts and armour.

silentbat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By silentbat

I would think TCW Obi-Wan Kenobi beats him.

ANH Vader is the same Vader described as a shadow of his former self. In fact ... let me pull up my ANH book of his fight with Ben Kenobi. I've not read it in a while:

The figure stepped out in front of him, blocking his entry to the hangar not five meters away. The outline and size of the figure completed the momentary puzzle. It was the maturity of the mind he had sensed that had temporarily confused him. His hand moved naturally to the hilt of his deactivate saber.

"I have been waiting a long time, Obi-Wan Kenobi," Darth Vader intoned solemnly. "We meet again at last. The circle has been completed." Kenobi sensed satisfaction beneath the hideous mask. "The presence I sensed earlier could only have been you."

Kenobi regarded the great form blocking his retreat and nodded slowly. He gave the impression of being more curious than impressed. "You still have much to learn."

"You were once my teacher," Vader admitted, "and I learned much from you. But the time of learning has long passed, and I am the master now."

The logic that had constituted the missing link in his brilliant pupil remained as absent as before. There would be no reasoning here, Kenobi knew. Igniting his saber, he assumed the pose of warrior-ready, a movement accomplished with the ease and elegance of a dancer.

Rather roughly, Vader imitated the movement. Several minutes followed without motion as the two men remained staring at each other, as if waiting for some proper, as yet unspoken signal.

Kenobi blinked once, shook his head, and tired to clear his eyes, which had begun to water slightly. Sweat beaded up on his forehead and his eyelids fluttered again.

"Your powers are weak," Vader noted emotionlessly. "Old man, you should never have come back. It will make your end less peaceful than you might have wished."

"You sense only a part of the force, Darth," Kenobi murmured with the assurance of one to whom death is merely another sensation, like sleeping or making love or touching a candle. "As always, you perceive it reality as little as a utensil perceive the taste of food."

Executing a move of incredible swiftness for one so old, Kenobi lunged at teh massive shape. Vader blocked the stab with equal speed, riposting with a counter slash that Kenobi barely parried. Another parry and Kenobi countered against, using this opportunity to move around the towering Dark Lord.

They continued to trade blows, with the old man now backing toward the hangar. Once, his saber and Vader's locked, the interaction of the two energy fields producing a violent sparking and flashing. A low buzzing sound rose form the straining power units as each saber sought to override the other.

Kenobi heard the approaching commotion and spared a glance back into the hangar. The squad of troopers bearing down on him was enough to show that he was trapped.

Vader took immediate advantage of the momentary distraction to bring his saber over and down. Kenobi somehow managed to deflect the sweeping blow at once parring the turning a complete circle.

"You still have your skill, but your power fades. Prepare to meet the Force, Obi-Wan."

Kenobi gauge the shrinking distance between the oncoming troops and himself, then turned a pitying gaze on Vader. "This is a fight you cannot win, Darth. Your power has matured since I taught you, but I too have grown much since our parting. If my blade finds its mark, you will cease to exist. But if you cut me down, I will only become more powerful. Heed my words."

"Your philosophies no longer confuse me, old man," Vader growled contemptuously. "I am the master now."

Once again he lunged forward, feinting, and then slashing in a deadly downward arch with the saber. It struck home, cutting the old man cleanly in half. There was a brief flash as Kenobi's cloak fluttered to deck in two neat sections.

But Ben Kenobi was not in it.

Star Wars (Novel) by George Lucas

If this fight is any indication of how Vader fought in that point in time I would say TCW Obi takes it. Obi-Wan at that time was approaching a mastery of Soresu (not quite there yet). He was still being outclassed by the likes of Dooku (even in martial skill). But even without his complete mastery of the form, he would still contend with Vader from ANH. Vader notes in the fight that Ben Kenobi still has his skill, he just lacks his former power, power, which Obi-Wan Kenobi would certainly have.

I also don't give much clout to Vader's TK, as he did not attempt its use against Ben Kenobi. I would think this battle would play itself out in a similar fashion, except Obi-Wan's enhanced youth and form would give him an advantage.

Vader didn't start getting good again until he discovered Luke was his son (shortly after A New Hope). Before that point he was definitely just a shadow, simply Sidious' lap dog with not real motivation or goal.

TCW Kenobi vs AHH Vader - 8/10 advantage to Kenobi.

TCW Kenobi vs ESB-ROTJ Vader - 10/10 advantage to Vader.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Obi Wan should win unless this is him when he was old and weak.

Obi Wan in a solid victory 8/10

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By WollfMyth209

ANH Vader managed to stalemate post-prime Old Ben in a duel, so RoTS Obi-Wan can outduel him and win a slight majority, unless Vader uses TK in which case, well, this happens:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Kenobi can outduel him, but his more defensive stance makes this difficult.

Also, Vader's lack of telekinetic usage is extremely overblown. He had no qualms about using it in LotJ against Ferus Olin. If provoked enough, then he will resort to power.

Parmagreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi wan would definitely win vader was taken off guard by both Ezra and kanan in rebels and ashoka managed to get the upper hand on him briefly but still it happened

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@parmagreen: Vader was distracted by what was about to fall on him not Kanan and Erza which is the only reason why Kanan and Erza successfully pulled that off, if you look at the fight Vader was clearly handling both of them with no real issue. Ahsoka only landed a blow on him Vader was not paying attention to her as he was focusing on pulling Erza who had the sith holocron towards him.

Anyways Vader should be able to win the duel but not without a fight..

Parmagreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee: my point was vader has a tunnel vision he gets caught flat footed in many occasions e.g.. luke in empire strikes back luke again briefly manages to get a hit on vader on his shoulder blade (causing vader to flip things and cut of his hand) or in return of the jedi luke again takes vader by surprise and then chops HIS and off but my point is that vader can get flat footed by force users way below his own and because of that obi wan imo would win by guiding vader out in a suitable position like mustafar or as Luke did in rotj and then gain an advantage

But you do have a very good point with vader kicking but with Ezra and kanan

SoImMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader slaughters

Parmagreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soimme: k m8 although he lost to darth maul and had stab himself in order to min I say obi wan take this