Trigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Trigon

Movie versions will do.  

The fight takes place in Doomstadt, Latveria.

Harry has his wand. Vader has his lightsaber.

No morals and prep., 

Win is by KO. 

Begin 25 feet apart.  

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
The Empire Strike's Back
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Vader. With a few lucky shots in by Potter.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OmegaDynasty
@Dark Cloud™ said:
With no morals Potter might use the death spell. 
Although Vader would probably some how deflect it with the force, and then force choke him to death. 
RoyalDivinity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RoyalDivinity

@OmegaDynasty:

No morals doesn't mean he'll automatically utilize a spell he's never used before. It's like a saying a fifth degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do that has seen the death touch four times will automatically use it in a fight. Same logic can be said for Dr. Doom via spells.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By Deadcool

@OmegaDynasty said:

Although Vader would probably some how deflect it with the force, and then force choke him to death.

Aveda k...*choke*

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Enemybird

Lord Vader Stomps

spartan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By spartan92

potter cant cast any powerful spells when he's being force chocked..... i think.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By HolySerpent

Harry potter wins. And yes Harry potter is more than capable of using than instant death spell.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HolySerpent

Yes Harry can use nonverbal spells while being choke. Like appariting (teleporting) from one location to another

Kingshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kingshark

Even if Harry teleports (I've never seen him do it) Vader could still sense where he's going. Vader can kill Harry in an instant (crush his heart, etc), while harry needs to say the spell. A lightsaber can reflect spells, nor can Harry say a curse if he's being force choked. Darth Vader wins this match.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Kingshark said:

Even if Harry teleports (I've never seen him do it) Vader could still sense where he's going. Vader can kill Harry in an instant (crush his heart, etc), while harry needs to say the spell. A lightsaber can reflect spells, nor can Harry say a curse if he's being force choked. Darth Vader wins this match.

He does not need to say the spells, and apparating is within his abilities.

kcaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kcaz

vadar chokes harry. offensive spells will be deflected by lightsaber

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HBKTimHBK

I believe Vader, but simply because he would take Harry's wand when he pulls it out.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Saren

The idea that Harry is even capable of using Avada Kedavra is questionable. He was morals-off in Order of the Phoenix when he used the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix, it only hurt her for a few seconds until she laughed it off and told him that he didn't have the will to really pull off an Unforgivable. He's used the Imperius curse but that's the weakest of the three, Avada Kedavra is the hardest and if Harry couldn't even pull off a decent Cruciatus I doubt he'll be able to do the big one.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By isaac_clarke

Muggle weapons > Potter Death Spell.

2:05, honestly if Vader puts any effort in he should win this with little difficulty.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CitizenBane said:

The idea that Harry is even capable of using Avada Kedavra is questionable. He was morals-off in Order of the Phoenix when he used the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix, it only hurt her for a few seconds until she laughed it off and told him that he didn't have the will to really pull off an Unforgivable. He's used the Imperius curse but that's the weakest of the three, Avada Kedavra is the hardest and if Harry couldn't even pull off a decent Cruciatus I doubt he'll be able to do the big one.

He used the Cruciatus Curse in Deathly Hallows.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Saren

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

Against an opponent who couldn't see him, and who was far below Bellatrix in terms of skill and power.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@isaac_clarke said:

Muggle weapons > Potter Death Spell.

2:05, honestly if Vader puts any effort in he should win this with little difficulty.

That doesn't prove anything, it's non-canon in the first place.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

Against an opponent who couldn't see him, and who was far below Bellatrix in terms of skill and power.

From what I remember, Bellatrix wasn't bracing herself for the curse either.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By isaac_clarke

@HBKTimHBK said:

It's for comedic value, but it's also completely accurate. Spells as far as anyone has shown don't go at bullet speeds, which if blaster fire is any indication Vader can swat away effortlessly with his light saber. Making him easily have a much higher operating speed than the Pottercast does. If he puts any effort in he can crush potter or just outright blitz him, either with a saber toss(not sure if Vader has done this in canon) or on foot.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Saren

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

Which makes it even worse. She wasn't ready or expecting the curse to come from him, but it barely fazed her for a couple of seconds.

Avatar image for the_hooded_hero
The Hooded Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The Hooded Hero

Quit with the Darth Vader Threads. He beats hairy potter he beats deadpool he beats basically I majority of people. WHy not make a thread of who can beat vader.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By Hazlenaut

Potter has a chance as you can see in this video. the fight with Vader would take some careful consideration to figure out.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

Which makes it even worse. She wasn't ready or expecting the curse to come from him, but it barely fazed her for a couple of seconds.

And he has since gotten better from that time.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Saren

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

He hasn't shown any sign of that, and since his education was disrupted for 2 years by the end of Deathly Hallows the improvement probably wasn't much of a game-changer.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@isaac_clarke said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

It's for comedic value, but it's also completely accurate. Spells as far as anyone has shown don't go at bullet speeds, which if blaster fire is any indication Vader can swat away effortlessly with his light saber. Making him easily have a much higher operating speed than the Pottercast does. If he puts any effort in he can crush potter or just outright blitz him, either with a saber toss(not sure if Vader has done this in canon) or on foot.

But they also haven't shown any muggle weapon at all in the series, we can't truly compare them since we don't know. Hagrid didn't seem to show fear at all in the first book/movie when he had a gun pointed at his face.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

He hasn't shown any sign of that, and since his education was disrupted for 2 years by the end of Deathly Hallows the improvement probably wasn't much of a game-changer.

He was able to effectively use the curse on someone who was equally unaware, Bellatrix's skills had nothing to do with why she wasn't injured, it was Harry himself.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Saren

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

He was able to effectively use the curse on someone who was equally unaware, Bellatrix's skills had nothing to do with why she wasn't injured, it was Harry himself.

I disagree. The second time he used the curse, all it did was send his opponent into a wall and KO them. Bellatrix's Cruciatus is powerful enough that it drove two of the best Aurors into insanity, and she mentions that they were able to resist for a long time until she finally broke them. So their skills did come into the picture.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@isaac_clarke: And that video is awesome don't get me wrong, lol I knew exactly which part you meant before you said the time haha

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CitizenBane: It was more of Harry's lack of skill then Bellatrix's skill itself. And last I remember the second time he used the curse his body was flung into the air, thrashing, and then dropped. He used the curse correctly since he quoted Bellatrix herself into it. Bellatrix is skilled, but she wasn't the reason nothing injured her, Harry just didn't have the heart to do it.

(Didn't you find it strange, then a person that killed his godfather and he can't bring himself to hurt her, but spit in the teachers face and IT IS ON!)

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#31  Edited By Joygirl

Vader has every way to win this. He can take his wand, choke him to death, straight-up crush his puny little body, and he can do all of those things before Harry can even consider using an offensive spell. Whether or not he's able to use Avada Kedavra is irrelevant -- and that's assuming it would work on Vader. Strong is he in the Dark Side of the Force.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Saren

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane: It was more of Harry's lack of skill then Bellatrix's skill itself. And last I remember the second time he used the curse his body was flung into the air, thrashing, and then dropped. He used the curse correctly since he quoted Bellatrix herself into it. Bellatrix is skilled, but she wasn't the reason nothing injured her, Harry just didn't have the heart to do it.

(Didn't you find it strange, then a person that killed his godfather and he can't bring himself to hurt her, but spit in the teachers face and IT IS ON!)

Harry certainly had the heart to do it, the book goes into detail about just how much he was out for blood. He even yells "SHE KILLED SIRIUS--I'LL KILL HER!". It's just that those three curses require a kind of intent that doesn't come easily. When he taught the Killing Curse to the class, Moody even remarks "You could all point your wands at me and say the words and I doubt I'd get anything more than a nosebleed".

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Harry certainly had the heart to do it, the book goes into detail about just how much he was out for blood. He even yells "SHE KILLED SIRIUS--I'LL KILL HER!". It's just that those three curses require a kind of intent that doesn't come easily. When he taught the Killing Curse to the class, Moody even remarks "You could all point your wands at me and say the words and I doubt I'd get anything more than a nosebleed".

For some reason that intent was on a guy who spit in a teachers face and not on the person who killed his grandfather...and what do you believe is the difference between having the intent to do something, and having the heart to do it. I think an Unforgivable Curse at the time was simply out of his league to try, but he gained more knowledge of it to the point where the 7th book came and he was able to do it just fine.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Saren

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

For some reason that intent was on a guy who spit in a teachers face and not on the person who killed his grandfather...and what do you believe is the difference between having the intent to do something, and having the heart to do it. I think an Unforgivable Curse at the time was simply out of his league to try, but he gained more knowledge of it to the point where the 7th book came and he was able to do it just fine.

Eh, apparently Rowling believes disrespecting a teacher is worse than the murder of a loved one. I think his second attempt really comes down to Amycus being a mediocre wizard at best, but we'll agree to disagree.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Eh, apparently Rowling believes disrespecting a teacher is worse than the murder of a loved one. I think his second attempt really comes down to Amycus being a mediocre wizard at best, but we'll agree to disagree.

I loved McGonagall > Sirius, but that never seemed to make sense to me, and good debate :)

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jezer

@Kingshark said:

....Do you not follow the series? Alot of what you said is factually wrong.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Saren

Harry can teleport, Harry can use spells without speaking, and even without the killing curse he still has Sectumsempra, which nearly killed Malfoy.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jezer

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

I remember Moody saying that was because they didn't have enough magical power yet, as they were kids. The killing curse didn't have to do with intent.

"Avada Kedavra's a curse that needs a powerful bit of magic behind it - you could all get your wands out and point them at me and say the words, and I doubt I'd get so much as a nosebleed."

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Killing_Curse

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Saren

@Jezer said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

I remember Moody saying that was because they didn't have enough magical power yet, as they were kids. The killing curse didn't have to do with intent.

"Avada Kedavra's a curse that needs a powerful bit of magic behind it - you could all get your wands out and point them at me and say the words, and I doubt I'd get so much as a nosebleed."

You are correct, but again Harry's done nothing to show that he's got that powerful bit of magic.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jezer

@CitizenBane said:

@Jezer said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

You are correct, but again Harry's done nothing to show that he's got that powerful bit of magic.

Well, he's grown up. He has more battle experience. The fact that Moody said they could all point their wands at him, and it wouldnt work, suggests it had to do with age. He's older, more experienced, and depending on which point in time this Harry is supposed to be and from which movie - has part of the soul of Voldemort.

HBKTimHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HBKTimHBK

@Jezer said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Jezer said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Well, he's grown up. He has more battle experience. The fact that Moody said they could all point their wands at him, and it wouldnt work, suggests it had to do with age. He's older, more experienced, and depending on which point in time this Harry is supposed to be and from which movie - has part of the soul of Voldemort.

I was going off the assumption it was Deathly Hallows Part 2 Harry.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Saren

@Jezer said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Jezer said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

It's a difference of three years. And he was a Horcrux when he used the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix, it didn't really help him in any way.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jezer

@CitizenBane said:

@Jezer said:

@CitizenBane said:

@Jezer said:

@CitizenBane said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

It's a difference of three years. And he was a Horcrux when he used the Cruciatus curse on Bellatrix, it didn't really help him in any way.

Because Bellatrix said that curse specifically had to do with intent, while Moody said Avada Kedavra had to do with power. In those three years, they've trained in Dumbledore's Army. They've fought in a war against Death Eaters. Voldemort's soul fragment was said to specifically transfer some power and abilities - i.e. it made him a parslemouth. It could have influenced his proficiency as a dueler(he's pretty good) and his overall power.

If the OP gives him the Elder Wand, then he'd definitely have enough power. But the OP didn't specify anything. (If the OP gives him the Invisible Cloak, then he also can't die)

EDIT: Not sure I believe Harry would use the Death Curse even without morals.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Tony_Shark

Vader can just blitz.

I don't believe chocking him would do it, for Harry would just teleport, or shoot a non-verbal spell.

However, it really just falls down to this:

Although being sensitive to magic, Harry is still just human. Jedi and Sith seem to push human limits further.

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jezer

@Tony_Shark said:

Vader can just blitz.

I don't believe chocking him would do it, for Harry would just teleport, or shoot a non-verbal spell.

However, it really just falls down to this:

Although being sensitive to magic, Harry is still just human. Jedi and Sith seem to push human limits further.

...Did you really just use Star Wars terms(Force sensitive, sensitive to the force) to describe Harry being magical? lol You must be a true fan if it even influences the very way you describe a character from a different book series and colors your very language.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HolySerpent

Vader is not blitzing Harry

Avatar image for howterribleisthat
HowTerribleIsThat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader should surely be able to just snap Harry's neck at the start, no need for choking. I mean he never did it in the movies but I don't see any reason for him not to be able to...

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Silver2467
@isaac_clarke said:

If he puts any effort in he can crush potter or just outright blitz him, either with a saber toss(not sure if Vader has done this in canon) or on foot.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48765/1994543-new_picture__77_.jpg 

Understanding as much, the Emperor's executioner was moving faster now. A jump carried him to the rampart, just short of the lowering shield, where he did something so unexpected that it took Shryne a moment to make sense of what was happening.
Vader hurled his ignited lightsaber through the air.
For a split second Shryne thought that he had done so in anger. Then, in awe, he grasped that Vader had aimed. Spinning out from under the lowering security grate, the crimson blade sailed high over the crowd, following a trajectory that took it north of the landing platform; then, on reaching the distal end of its arc, it began to boomerang back.
Shryne flew for the top of the stairway, his gaze frilly engaged on the twirling blade, his heart hammering in his chest. Calling on the Force, he tried to influence the course of the lightsaber, but either the Force wasn't with him or Vader's Force abilities were overpowering his.
The blade was whipping toward the landing platform now, close enough for Shryne to hear it whine through the air, and spinning so swiftly it might have been a blood-red disk.
Passing within a meter of Shryne's outstretched hands, the lightsaber struck Fang Zar first, ripping a deep gouge across his upper chest and nearly decapitating him; then, continuing on, it struck an unsuspecting Jula across the back before completing its swift and lethal circle and slamming into the upper reaches of the fully lowered rampart gate, where it switched off and plummeted to the paving stones with a metallic clangor.
--Taken from Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader

There are other examples of Vader using Lightsaber Throw (RotJ for instance).As for Vader blitzing him, I doubt that would happen. Although people do overstate Vader's lack of mobility and speed, his running speed has never been particularly impressive. He ran in the Vector storyline toward a ship, but the comic failed to describe his speed in a way that made it appear greater than normal human running speed. It is possible Vader could leap at Harry, as he does possess good leaping distance on account both the Force and his prosthetic limbs being stronger than flesh limbs, but as for outright "blitzing," that probably would not happen. 
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/48765/2102949-new_picture__114_.jpg 

Shryne fired a quick burst, then sprinted for the doorway. Behind him, his humanoid accomplices were also in motion, stunning the guards to unconsciousness and racing for the open gate.
Angling his blade, Vader deflected the bolts with intent, but by jinking and jagging Shryne managed to evade each parry. Vader leapt, his powerful prosthetic legs carrying him to the top of a broad but short flight of steps in time to see Shryne sprint across the bridge at Jedi speed, motioning to his accomplices to move Zar through the gate.
Vader leapt again, this time to the bridge, and to within only a few meters of Shryne, who spun about, dropping to one knee and firing repeatedly. This time Vader decided to show Shryne whom he was dealing with. Holding his lightsaber to one side, he raised his right hand to turn the blaster bolts.
Clearly astonished, Shryne remained on one knee, but only briefly. In an instant he had passed through the gate and was shouldering his way through the crowd outside the wall.
Vader's final leap landed him just short of the rampart. Over the heads of the milling beings, at the forward edge of a landing platform, a woman with gray-laced black hair was gesturing frantically to Shryne and his cohorts, who were already hauling Fang Zar up the platform steps.
--Taken from Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader 

I have never read the Harry Potter novels; so this is all I can contribute here.
Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dark Cloud™
@OmegaDynasty said:
@Dark Cloud™ said:
With no morals Potter might use the death spell. Although Vader would probably some how deflect it with the force, and then force choke him to death. 
@Deadcool said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

Aveda k...*choke*

I wouldn't put it past him. Vader's a beast when he goes all out. Potter... meh.
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By PikminMania