Darth Vader vs Deathstroke

  • 56 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
#1 Edited by deactivated-1358091 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off. No prep. Vader can't use the Force for just Force based attacks but he can use it throw his saber. Slade only has 2 Mp5ks and his sword.

Avatar image for silver2467
#2 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL. Morph bait.

Avatar image for morpheus_
#3 Posted by morpheus_ (35146 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
LOL. Morph bait.
Hate prep battles.
Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
#4 Posted by deactivated-1358091 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

What?

Avatar image for jedixman
#5 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio

Vadr cans choke him wth da FORCE.

Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
#6 Posted by deactivated-1358091 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

I changed the rules.

Avatar image for silver2467
#7 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
@Silver2467 said:
LOL. Morph bait.
Hate prep battles.
Well, it's not like this is a really complex one. Vader using prep usually just involves him calling in an Imperial fleet to attack a target, but since the battle already takes place on a Star Destroyers, I doubt he would accomplish much with prep. With Slade, however, there are options.
Avatar image for silver2467
#8 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio
@SithLantern93 said:
I changed the rules.
Oh.  
 
Never mind. Ignore my above post.
Avatar image for jedixman
#9 Posted by JediXMan (42910 posts) - - Show Bio
@SithLantern93 said:
I changed the rules.
I was joking.
 
Ya know, it's a shame when my jokes come out as serious. Yes I'm serious almost all the time, but I thought the wording and intentional typos would be a dead giveaway.
Moderator
Avatar image for stompa
#10 Posted by Stompa (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

If the OP stays that way i'd say Vader pretty easily.

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
#11 Posted by deactivated-1358091 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

I already knew that you were joking. Anyone, whose IQ does not exceed 50 can understand that you were joking, due to the "CHOKE WTH DA FORCE". I changed it because, like Silver2467 posted, prep time would be unfair to Slade, since Vader can summon Star Destroyers and hundreds of troops with it.

Avatar image for silver2467
#12 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, more abilities need to be restricted on Vader's part than simply TK for this to be fair. Vader could still just summon winds to attack Slade or use Dun Moch or (potentially) utilize a TP power.

Avatar image for silver2467
#13 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio
@SithLantern93 said:
I changed it because, like Silver2467 posted, prep time would be unfair to Slade, since Vader can summon Star Destroyers and hundreds of troops with it.
You misunderstood. Vader would never be able to call in Star Destroyers to kill Slade if they fight on a Star Destroyer. Or at least, not unless Vader wants to kill himself too.
Avatar image for hbktimhbk
#14 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5731 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

Vadr cans choke him wth da FORCE.

XD

Avatar image for morpheus_
#15 Posted by morpheus_ (35146 posts) - - Show Bio
@SithLantern93 said:
I already knew that you were joking. Anyone, whose IQ does not exceed 50 can understand that you were joking, due to the "CHOKE WTH DA FORCE". I changed it because, like Silver2467 posted, prep time would be unfair to Slade, since Vader can summon Star Destroyers and hundreds of troops with it.
But with prep Slade can summon Brad Meltzer.
Moderator
Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
#16 Edited by deactivated-1358091 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

New rules should do the trick.

Avatar image for silver2467
#17 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say Vader. Slade would be hard-pressed to defeat him with the equipment provided in this thread. Barring the fact that Vader could deflect bullets with his lightsaber, he could just use Force Deflection to redirect them. He has reflected hails of shots from soldiers simultaneously before; he should have similar success here. As for Slade's sword, Vader has had limbs severed and been stabbed straight through by lightsabers without even showing much sign of injury in the middle of combat. Deathstroke would have to land a particularly vital hit, probably a head-shot with his sword to down Vader; either that, or he would have to tag him multiple times. Given Vader's general combat speed and his skill as a swordsman, I doubt Slade would manage that before Vader tags and kills or incapacitates him. Vader should win at least most rounds. 

Avatar image for nefarious
#18 Posted by Nefarious (35708 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Vader kills him.

Avatar image for supreme_cosmic
#19 Posted by Supreme Cosmic (914 posts) - - Show Bio

swords can not block light sabres

Avatar image for silver2467
#20 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Cosmic said:

swords can not block light sabres

No Caption Provided
LOL.
Avatar image for supreme_cosmic
#21 Posted by Supreme Cosmic (914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@Supreme Cosmic said:

swords can not block light sabres

No Caption Provided
LOL.

LMAO I knew this would happen right after I posted cause I remember old sith lords surrounding their blades with the force aura making it as effective as light sabres that got created after. Likely the sword in the picture must be so effective because of the user's ability to use the force. Deathstroke's blade would get sliced

Avatar image for silver2467
#22 Edited by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio
@Supreme Cosmic said: 

LMAO I knew this would happen right after I posted cause I remember old sith lords surrounding their blades with the force aura making it as effective as light sabres that got created after. Likely the sword in the picture must be so effective because of the user's ability to use the force. Deathstroke's blade would get sliced

What? The blade blocked the lightsaber because cortosis is one of few materials that can repel lightsabers. The only ability that can be used to render a sword sturdy enough to withstand lightsabers is Weaponize, and the only character I know of who has done that is Vodo-Siosk Baas. Just because a Force sensitive uses a weapon other than a lightsaber, that by itself does not render the sword more effective. 
 
And depending on what Slade's sword is constructed of, it could deflect a lightsaber also.
Avatar image for supreme_cosmic
#23 Posted by Supreme Cosmic (914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Silver2467 said:

@Supreme Cosmic said:

LMAO I knew this would happen right after I posted cause I remember old sith lords surrounding their blades with the force aura making it as effective as light sabres that got created after. Likely the sword in the picture must be so effective because of the user's ability to use the force. Deathstroke's blade would get sliced

What? The blade blocked the lightsaber because cortosis is one of few materials that can repel lightsabers. The only ability that can be used to render a sword sturdy enough to withstand lightsabers is Weaponize, and the only character I know of who has done that is Vodo-Siosk Baas. Just because a Force sensitive uses a weapon other than a lightsaber, that by itself does not render the sword more effective. And depending on what Slade's sword is constructed of, it could deflect a lightsaber also.

Oh No! I have to concede. I was thinking about the scepter of Marka Ragnos but it was the blade that was special not enhanced by the wielder. Still for Deathstroke's blade to be made of something like that!!!

Avatar image for fetts
#24 Posted by Fetts (6280 posts) - - Show Bio

This is one of those fights when I feel like it depends on the weaponry. If Slade has a pretty indestructible sword, it could be pretty equal. If he doesn't have an indestructible sword, he's screwed. I don't think the guns will help seeing how it will have no effect on his armor. However it may be possible that bullets could penetrate his life support, but I'm not certain.

Avatar image for silver2467
#25 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fetts said:
If Slade has a pretty indestructible sword, it could be pretty equal.
Why?
Avatar image for dex_starr
#26 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't call Slade's sword indestructible when Luthor was able to break it in Action 892

Avatar image for fetts
#27 Posted by Fetts (6280 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if it's a normal sword then it'll be useless. But if has a sword made of a material that can deflect it, I could see it being a good sword fight. Or was indestructible a poor choice of a word? 

Avatar image for silver2467
#28 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fetts said:
But if has a sword made of a material that can deflect it, I could see it being a good sword fight. 
@Silver2467 said: 
Why?
Avatar image for fetts
#29 Posted by Fetts (6280 posts) - - Show Bio

Because I'd say they pretty even in sword fighting skills. Both seem to have somewhat similar style. 

Avatar image for silver2467
#30 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fetts: Based on?
Avatar image for fetts
#31 Edited by Fetts (6280 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Both switch from two handed style to one handed style frequently. Both aren't the rushing type (as far as I'm concerned). Both sometimes walk or stand when they duel. Both sometimes do a leap and slash move when they duel etc.
Avatar image for silver2467
#32 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fetts said:
@Silver2467: Both switch from two handed style to one handed style frequently. Both aren't the rushing type (as far as I'm concerned). Both sometimes walk or stand when they duel. Both sometimes do a leap and slash move when they duel etc.
Their styles are nothing alike. They condition skill in combat forms that are nonexistent in the other's respective universe. How could their fighting styles be similar?  
 
And what about skill? You said their skills with a sword are roughly even. Proof?
Avatar image for saren
#33 Posted by Saren (27944 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader.

Avatar image for thebatman519
#34 Posted by thebatman519 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth vader easily

Avatar image for eisenfauste
#35 Posted by Eisenfauste (17366 posts) - - Show Bio

Slade cuts his head off

Avatar image for pharoh_atem
#37 Edited by Pharoh_Atem (44372 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader stomps. Too fast, too strong, too skilled.

Avatar image for jkfallen
#38 Edited by JKFallen (265 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke and Vader clash their two blades together, with Deathstroke's sword disintegrating instantaneously.

He looks up at the equally black armored Emperor's apprentice, only for the Darth to tell him how unequivocally better he is then him, and how this thread is spite.

The end.

Avatar image for paragonnate
#39 Posted by ParagonNate (4669 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
#40 Posted by NinjaWarrior268 (12030 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Vader

Avatar image for impervious
#41 Edited by Impervious (5603 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for incursion
#42 Posted by Incursion (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader

Avatar image for merulezall
#43 Posted by MErulezall (3934 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for nusa105
#44 Posted by Nusa105 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader would just chop Deathstroke into 2 slice! XD

Avatar image for zeezee123
#45 Posted by zeezee123 (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Darth Vader obviously

Avatar image for gingerpenny
#46 Posted by gingerpenny (2401 posts) - - Show Bio

@sithlantern93: I hate Slade fanboys, complete mismatch, Darth Vader would wipe Deathstroke... ok dude sigh

Avatar image for deactivated-1358091
#47 Posted by deactivated-1358091 (2516 posts) - - Show Bio

@gingerpenny: I made this thread nearly four years ago so...

Avatar image for tjtheduelist
#48 Posted by TJTheDuelist (358 posts) - - Show Bio

@jkfallen said:

Deathstroke and Vader clash their two blades together, with Deathstroke's sword disintegrating instantaneously.

He looks up at the equally black armored Emperor's apprentice, only for the Darth to tell him how unequivocally better he is then him, and how this thread is spite.

The end.

You know what? That was funny to read lol

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
#50 Posted by DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789 (407 posts) - - Show Bio

@adam_taurus: Deathstroke wouldn't stomp the original EU Vader wouldn't need Force Attacks like pulling/choking to beat Slade he'd be fast enough and strong enough to keep up with Slade and probably beat him. Also I doubt Deathstroke's regen could counter lightsaber strikes in the middle of combat, maybe if he wins or retreats where his wounds have time to heal but not in the middle of a heated battle. Vader in the films easily dodged a blaster bolt point blank and even did something like that on a greater magnitude within the EU, his psychical strength is also enough to probably injure Slade badly/kill him if he got a good grip and did something quick enough.