Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Darth Vader vs Darth Maul

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Standard morals.
  • No lightsabers allowed.
  • Location of their fight is outside of Dooku's palace i.e. where Dooku was training Savage to use the Force to lift pillars.
  • No BFRs.
  • Starting distance: 25 metres.

Round 1: Telekinesis only allowed.

Round 2: All Force abilities allowed, and this includes Force Lightning that Maul doesn't use, but will use in this because he has no lightsaber.

Richard96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

They one-shot each other with their non existent Force Lightning.

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By YousufKhan1212

@richard96: Vader doesn't have the ability to use Force Lightning, at least 2 sources disconfirm it. Maul has 3 sources saying that he possesses the ability, but the in-universe explanation is that he voluntarily chooses not to because he is obsessed with dominating his opponent through the blade. For an out of universe explanation, the writers simply don't allow Maul to use it.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

if we are under the illusion that Vader is TPM level, and Maul uses Force lightning then Maul might win.

If we go by their actually feats Vader handily.

I say this because I don't know if this Legends, George Lucas Canon or not.

DarthWill3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader would win after a close battle.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolfrazer

@mygod000 said:

if we are under the illusion that Vader is TPM level, and Maul uses Force lightning then Maul might win.

I'm figuring the former given the picture.

That said, Vader cause he has better feats.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000 said:

I'm figuring the former given the picture.

That said, Vader cause he has better feats.

Yeah...can never be too careful. I Agree

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Backing Vader, Maul has more raw power but Vader is more masterful in Tk

Round 2: Maul due to force lightning.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Backing Vader, Maul has more raw power but Vader is more masterful in Tk

Round 2: Maul due to force lightning.

Vader has better TK Raw power honestly. He crushes starfighters with ease, lifed up an AT-AT, stopped a whole building from collapsing on him etc. Maul's best feat is pushing a shuttle off a cliff.

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader has better TK Raw power honestly. He crushes starfighters with ease, lifed up an AT-AT, stopped a whole building from collapsing on him etc. Maul's best feat is pushing a shuttle off a cliff.

Correction: Maul's best feat is a 15 year old Maul's ability to unleash a Force scream potent enough to bring down the Orsis Academy barracks, which speaks volumes of much raw power a 15 year old Maul has, let alone a 22 year old TPM Maul. Maul definitely has the edge in raw power because he has more midichlorians than Vader. Vader however, likely has better Force mastery.

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000 said:

This is Legends EU.

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn said:

Correction: Maul's best feat is a 15 year old Maul's ability to unleash a Force scream potent enough to bring down the Orsis Academy barracks, which speaks volumes of much raw power a 15 year old Maul has, let alone a 22 year old TPM Maul. Maul definitely has the edge in raw power because he has more midichlorians than Vader. Vader however, likely has better Force mastery.

How exactly does Maul have more midichlorians? It is stated Anakin had more midichlorians than Yoda and even though dismembered I'd say he still has more if not an equal amount.

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn: Because he has the potential to surpass Sidious, whereas cyborg Vader lost that potential and could never recover it.

mossbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader in a massive stomp

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@void_reborn: Because he has the potential to surpass Sidious, whereas cyborg Vader lost that potential and could never recover it.

Well he did lost the potential to...because of his depression after everything he went too...but when Vader Killed Sidious he mentioned because Vader still had the potential to kill him. Not only that but praised him on his power that he had.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader in legends or canon.

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By YousufKhan1212

@mygod000 said:
@yousufkhan1212 said:

Well he did lost the potential to...because of his depression after everything he went too...but when Vader Killed Sidious he mentioned because Vader still had the potential to kill him. Not only that but praised him on his power that he had.

Sidious never said Vader had the potential to kill him. As far as I am aware, the sources saying that Vader's depression prevented Vader from meeting his potential were Palpatine's musings, but Sidious was just theorising, and he clearly changed his mind much later in the timeline, saying "Yes, Vader remained strong in the Force, but strong enough to succeed me? Never. Granted, he was strong enough to kill me. But that only lasted for so long." --> which in itself debunks your claim. Moreover, the out of universe RotS junior novel says that cyborg Vader would never come close to his potential because so much of his flesh was replaced by cybernetics, which reinforces Sidious's later musing.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MyGod000

@yousufkhan1212 said:
@mygod000 said:
@yousufkhan1212 said:

Sidious never said Vader had the potential to kill him. As far as I am aware, the sources saying that Vader's depression prevented Vader from meeting his potential were Palpatine's musings, but Sidious was just theorising, and he clearly changed his mind much later in the timeline, saying "Yes, Vader remained strong in the Force, but strong enough to succeed me? Never. Granted, he was strong enough to kill me. But that only lasted for so long." --> which in itself debunks your claim. Moreover, the out of universe RotS junior novel says that cyborg Vader would never come close to his potential because so much of his flesh was replaced by cybernetics, which reinforces Sidious's later musing.

Yeah... Vader never came close to his potential, because His potential was at least Double ROTS Sidious and Yoda. ROTJ Sidious isn't even close to Double ROTS Sidious or Yoda, D.E Sidious isn't even Double ROTS Sidious.

So...just because Vader didn't reach his potential, doesn't mean he wasn't rival to ROTJ Sidious which has been stated.

more over, Luke 6 years after ROTJ Stated Vader and Sidious are the Masters of Darkness and masters of the Force. and stating Vader>>>>Jorcuus who Luke Stated has the same Killing Lightning as Sidious.

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000 said:

Yeah... Vader never came close to his potential, because His potential was at least Double ROTS Sidious and Yoda. ROTJ Sidious isn't even close to Double ROTS Sidious or Yoda, D.E Sidious isn't even Double ROTS Sidious.

So...just because Vader didn't reach his potential, doesn't mean he wasn't rival to ROTJ Sidious which has been stated.

more over, Luke 6 years after ROTJ Stated Vader and Sidious are the Masters of Darkness and masters of the Force. and stating Vader>>>>Jorcuus who Luke Stated has the same Killing Lightning as Sidious.

Sidious explicitly says that cyborg Vader would've have succeeded him, he's not referring to to his RotJ self, he's referring to the entire history of their master and apprentice relationship, and I don't see why RotJ Sidious would be vastly more powerful than RotS Sidious. Vader never rivalled RotJ Sidious either, you're going to need to substantiate that with some evidence, until you've done that, Vader is inferior to Sidious.

Show me the exact wording of Luke's statement.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000 said:

Sidious explicitly says that cyborg Vader would've have succeeded him, he's not referring to to his RotJ self, he's referring to the entire history of their master and apprentice relationship, and I don't see why RotJ Sidious would be vastly more powerful than RotS Sidious. Vader never rivalled RotJ Sidious either, you're going to need to substantiate that with some evidence, until you've done that, Vader is inferior to Sidious.

Show me the exact wording of Luke's statement.

I agree that Vader is inferior to Sidious...And I've never argued that he wasn't unless it was canon Vader and Sidious and even then it certain versions of Vader are in inferior to Sidious not all of them.

My point of saying Vader is rival to ROTJ Sidious, it is to show that he is at least Sidious tier.

I have ROTJ sidious>>ROTS Sidious. All i am saying is He isn't double the power of ROTS Sidious, just like D.E Sidious at his strongest isn't Double to power of ROTS Sidious. However, they are a good deal stronger and more powerful than him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The point of Sidious was that he wanted someone Stronger than him so he can control them.

Vader in pre suit Form was more powerful than Sidious, this was said by Sidious himself. Jorcus is also very powerful but the thing is Jorcus isn't a Sith, but Sidious still saw use in him.

it's even stated that Jorcuus Lacks the ambitions to take over a Galaxy, but he stills Welds killing Lightning as Sidious.

No Caption Provided

Luke 6 years after ROTJ Compares Vader and Sidious.

I'll be back if you want to continue this but I have to say I Agree with Vader being weaker than Sidious, but i disagree about your notion that Vader doesn't Rival Sidious.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lord_Tenebrous

@mygod000:

but i disagree about your notion that Vader doesn't Rival Sidious.

"From then on, he wasn't as strong as the Emperor."

Gg.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way, leaning Maul at this point.

wholewheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

one handed vader tanked rotj sids lightning for 8 seconds while attacking. maul lightning will take much longer to take down vader than vader needs to take down mail.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66
deactivated-5e80d2cfcca66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Vader.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MyGod000

@lord_tenebrous said:

@mygod000:

Gg.

I know that because he was rival of Sidious. Which means he wasn't as Strong as him. If he is only rival to Sidious from then on out then he isn't as strong as the Emperor.

GG

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

El_mago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vader do the share of best feats and TK

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96 said:

They one-shot each other with their non existent Force Lightning.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Vader stomps.

Round 2: Maul could take it due to force lightning.

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000 said:
@lord_tenebrous said:

@mygod000:

Gg.

I know that because he was rival of Sidious. Which means he wasn't as Strong as him. If he is only rival to Sidious from then on out then he isn't as strong as the Emperor.

GG

Definition of rival:

a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.

Clearly not the case, since Sidious is both the Emperor and Master. Maybe this:

a person or thing that equals another in quality.

Nope, since Vader isn't as strong as the Emperor. All you've got left is this:

be or seem to be equal or comparable to.

Seeming is not the same as being. If Vader was near Sidious as of ROTJ, that would mean he was outpacing him in growth, and could therefore surpass him with time. As per Lucas, Vader was a garbage apprentice who was incapable of surpassing Sidious, which is why Sidious wants to dump him for Luke. Clearly, Vader is nowhere near him.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Vader.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000 said:
@lord_tenebrous said:

@mygod000:

Gg.

GG

Definition of rival:

a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.

Clearly not the case, since Sidious is both the Emperor and Master. Maybe this:

a person or thing that equals another in quality.

Nope, since Vader isn't as strong as the Emperor. All you've got left is this:

be or seem to be equal or comparable to.

Seeming is not the same as being. If Vader was near Sidious as of ROTJ, that would mean he was outpacing him in growth, and could therefore surpass him with time. As per Lucas, Vader was a garbage apprentice who was incapable of surpassing Sidious, which is why Sidious wants to dump him for Luke. Clearly, Vader is nowhere near him.

Everything you said is irrelevant when Sidious was complaining about Vader being very powerful.

Him being a rival of ROTJ Sidious doesn't mean he is on ROTJ Sidious level, it just means he is the only one in the Galaxy that rivals his power. Especially considered everyone else in the Galaxy are either Poorly trained Jedi's, Old Jedi Masters, and entry level Jedi.

Nothing Wrong with Vader being rival to ROTJ Sidious. Since in Legends he has the same type of statements as ROTS Sidious Tier force users is more than enough to put him on that level, which is a rival range of ROTJ Sidious who is much more powerful than ROTS Sidious.

If It doesn't change your prospective, then The fact that Mace Needed 3 Jedi Masters to handle ROTS Sidious. While Vader stated he only needed Poorly Trained Luke to Take Out ROTJ Sidious.

Already that puts him above Mace who is i league of ROTS Sidious.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Wolfrazer

@mygod000: You know, interesting you bring that up with Luke, cause now I'm thinking back to Galen Marek who was noted to be the photo negative of Luke if he was trained by Vader and he has one of the highest potentials in the SWU. Though I'm sure Luke wouldn't be poorly trained if he decided to join Vader, he would be trained properly and then together they would take on Sidious at some point.

Bringing that up though, along with Vader's force feats and the fact that Sidious kept going on about how powerful Vader was and wasn't there some quote that Vader's limits were more a mental thing than anything physical?

Cause I recall...from Plagueis I think? Or Bane? That cybernetics didn't mean much in the case for unleashing power, which given Yoda's line "Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter" gesturing to Luke's physical body.

It might make more sense if you follow strictly the movies, but if bringing up everything else it doesn't seem so clear. Plus if cybernetics limited Force use in any capacity, then how does one explain Empatojayos Brand? Who was nothing more than a head and more than half machine compared to Vader?

Yet that guy was flinging around the Dark Side Elite while maintaining his ability to float with The Force and fight with his lightsaber. By the logic of this whole cybernetics thing, Brand should have been utter fodder to basically anyone and not even able or barely have the ability to use The Force.

I'm pretty sure there are a few others with cybernetics who didn't get weaker, only stronger despite losing their body parts.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: You know, interesting you bring that up with Luke, cause now I'm thinking back to Galen Marek who was noted to be the photo negative of Luke if he was trained by Vader and he has one of the highest potentials in the SWU. Though I'm sure Luke wouldn't be poorly trained if he decided to join Vader, he would be trained properly and then together they would take on Sidious at some point.

Bringing that up though, along with Vader's force feats and the fact that Sidious kept going on about how powerful Vader was and wasn't there some quote that Vader's limits were more a mental thing than anything physical?

Cause I recall...from Plagueis I think? Or Bane? That cybernetics didn't mean much in the case for unleashing power, which given Yoda's line "Luminous beings we are, not this crude matter" gesturing to Luke's physical body.

It might make more sense if you follow strictly the movies, but if bringing up everything else it doesn't seem so clear. Plus if cybernetics limited Force use in any capacity, then how does one explain Empatojayos Brand? Who was nothing more than a head and more than half machine compared to Vader?

Yet that guy was flinging around the Dark Side Elite while maintaining his ability to float with The Force and fight with his lightsaber. By the logic of this whole cybernetics thing, Brand should have been utter fodder to basically anyone and not even able or barely have the ability to use The Force.

I'm pretty sure there are a few others with cybernetics who didn't get weaker, only stronger despite losing their body parts.

Yep there is and it was exactly stated that Galen Marek was said to be a photo negative of If Luke Joined Vader and how powerful he would be and could be.

No Caption Provided

It out right stated in the novels that Vader is more powerful than The Apprentice.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: Do the novels outright state? I don't recall.

Also one thing.

How many quotes saying Vader is weaker or not as powerful are there and what year do they come from?

I'm seeing them here and there, but I can never get a full account of how many there are.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MyGod000

@wolfrazer:

Do the novels outright state? I don't recall.

Yeah, the novels out right state Vader wasn't trying to kill Galen, and that he was much stronger.

Also one thing.

How many quotes saying Vader is weaker or not as powerful are there and what year do they come from?

I mean, Sidious in the novel called Vader weak, but that Just Sidious. There are statements that Say Vader is "broken" man compared to what he was before, but that doesn't really say much since it is true he is a broken man after His wife died. George Lucas Stated that Vader isn't as useful to Sidious as he once was. Which also doesn't say much because GL has stated Palpatine has always wanted someone more powerful than he was...so Vader being weaker than Sidious would make Vader less useful to palpatine, and only proves that he is weaker than He is...not that he is Maul level.

their are more statements that say He got stronger than Weaker. GL also has retracted his statements about Vader being a shell of himself and weaker than TPM Maul. In all I think there are about 4 or 5 statements saying Vader was weak or something like that while there are 7 statements that Say the opposite. Mean I personally find the Medium, Vader is weaker than ROTS Mustafar Anakin, but Vader is in tier of ROTS Sidious.

I say that Because it pretty much stated that Anakin is more powerful than Sidious in multiple statements, Vader being weaker than Anakin doesn't necessarily mean he weaker than ROTS Sidious sidious.

I'm seeing them here and there, but I can never get a full account of how many there are.

I hear you on that, there are more statements saying Vader is stronger than there are saying he is weaker. Mainly what people go to the combat that is they rely on George Lucas Statements alone since it of a higher canon to negate the more statements.

I also want to say Galen Also stated Vader was as formidable as Sidious.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Wolfrazer

@mygod000: Well ok here's the thing though regarding Lucas, he isn't exactly pigeon holding onto his own statements and as you said contradicted them. More to that, if going by Canon here...the newer and more numerous quotes would override the much older ones yes?

That and of course the feats would also tell something. Another example would be the whole lightsaber skill, where it said Vader hasn't fought another lightsaber wielder in years or decades(forget which) up until Ben Kenobi. ....Completely wrong given later material. Or it was mainly going from the movies, which would make a bit more sense in that regard.

But anyway, I guess this is trailing off the rails here, I'm just trying to look at this from a new angle is all and trying to figure out the whole Vader thing regarding his power and what not.

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: That same "poorly trained" Luke was able to match Vader head-on does that make him a rival of ROTJ Palpatine as well?

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: Well ok here's the thing though regarding Lucas, he isn't exactly pigeon holding onto his own statements and as you said contradicted them. More to that, if going by Canon here...the newer and more numerous quotes would override the much older ones yes?

That and of course the feats would also tell something. Another example would be the whole lightsaber skill, where it said Vader hasn't fought another lightsaber wielder in years or decades(forget which) up until Ben Kenobi. ....Completely wrong given later material. Or it was mainly going from the movies, which would make a bit more sense in that regard.

But anyway, I guess this is trailing off the rails here, I'm just trying to look at this from a new angle is all and trying to figure out the whole Vader thing regarding his power and what not.

Yeah, GL does Contradict himself a lot. He has since updated his canon before he sold Star wars...so in GL updated Canon Vader is stronger than Mustafar Anakin.

that nice, of you to look at things in a new light. Alot of people should consider doing that and not just look at it so one sided and black and white like we usually do.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: That same "poorly trained" Luke was able to match Vader head-on does that make him a rival of ROTJ Palpatine as well?

possibly. But then again...it stated that Luke is as powerful as plot needs him to be.

It also stated that Luke in ROTJ could kill Sidious, and Sidious was in fear of his life.

No Caption Provided

in the novel Luke Stated he could kill Sidious when he got a taste of the Dark side, just like Anakin.

the difference here is it stated by GL himself that Anakin is one of the people who can kill Sidious. GL original plan for ROTJ was for Luke to take Vader's place and rule the Galaxy but he wanted to wait for both Vader and Sidious to be killed off first.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this Legends or Canon??

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this Legends or Canon??

I was figuring the former given the picture, but yeah @yousufkhan1212 should probably clarify.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: yeah because it’s not really a discussion in canon but it’s far more debatable in Legends

firelordiroh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grinningf0x: It's legends it wouldn't even be a discussion in canon.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Insanity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Insanity_

We have several accolades favoring Vader:

No Caption Provided

"His power isn’t on Vader’s level, true, or even on Count Dooku’s level — but that never stops him. He stands alongside the Sith Lords only by sheer force of will."

-- http://www.previewsworld.com/Article/145871-Jeremy-Barlow-Picks-Up-From-The-Clone-Wars-With-Darth-Maul-Series

Darth Vader is the ultimate instrument of the dark side.

--Rebels Confidential: Darth Vader | Star Wars Rebels | Official Disney XD UK HD

And my apprentices? Darth Maul was a loss, but Darth Tyranus... He was a proton torpedo. He served his purpose and was gone... I had a superior candidate in mind.

--

In that long night, with their technology, we remade you. In this way, we saved the Empire. I would have the apprentice I required.

-- Darth Vader 20