• 115 results
#101 Posted by RedHeathen (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen:

Why is that @dark-sith123? Where is it coming from and what is the context?

Richard is criticizing you for "defending your idol". That's pretty much indirectly saying you're a Maul fanboy.
Which seeing as how he clearly looks up to Count Dooku, and "raises" him far more than you do Maul- check out the Maul vs Dooku thread- and his "liking" for Darth Caedus shouldn't be disregarded either.

LOL OK thanks for letting me know.

#102 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen:

No problem. Claims such as Caedus > Yoda and Sidious as a duelist and Dooku taking a 10/10 majority against even TPM Maul as well as being legitimately able to make Yoda work hard to beat him are claims you really need to be watchful of.

#103 Posted by RedHeathen (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen:

No problem. Claims such as Caedus > Yoda and Sidious as a duelist and Dooku taking a 10/10 majority against even TPM Maul as well as being legitimately able to make Yoda work hard to beat him are claims you really need to be watchful of.

LOL I see too many claims like that, and it's bonkers. I appreciate the heads up. =D

#104 Posted by RedHeathen (2241 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen:

Why is that @dark-sith123? Where is it coming from and what is the context?

Richard is criticizing you for "defending your idol". That's pretty much indirectly saying you're a Maul fanboy.
Which seeing as how he clearly looks up to Count Dooku, and "raises" him far more than you do Maul- check out the Maul vs Dooku thread- and his "liking" for Darth Caedus shouldn't be disregarded either.

Just a btw, I am a SW fangirl. I have no shame in admitting it, but I'm truly not a Maul fangirl. If there is a character to choose in SW as a favorite, then for me it is Darth Vader. As to Maul, I saw far too many people putting him down. I had read all his novels, and it was hard to see so much mis- and disinformation being spread. People would rely on other peoples' word, and for years it got way out of hand. I do like Maul. His character is similar to Vader's, and he is just as surprisingly complex. I wasn't a fan of his at all before learning more about him, but he is still not anywhere close to being an idol. Vader is the closest who comes to that, and even then, I don't post as an utter fanatic about him. I know that I can come across as a Maul freak, but when I post, I do so while trying to be unbiased, believe it or not. I just so happen to think that he is (or was) under-served in the SW community as a whole. I happen to be a stickler for detail, so the most minutest of things will bother me until I address them. ...and so on. Sorry to make such a long comment about being a Maul or Vader fan girl. =D

No Caption Provided

Then again, there is Leia. She's really amazing. She's my second choice. Big surprise I bet. I don't think I've been involved in a single debate about her-ever.

#105 Posted by AnonymousJedi (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen:

But he can hold up for a while against him if it is a lightsaber battle.

#106 Edited by Richard96 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen:

'"You didn't prove anything at all except that you enjoy talking.'"

What you underlined above is UNQUESTIONABLY proved. No matter if you keep denying it.

'"You are using a magazine that is contradicted several times, even by the top canon-the movies, as your reference to prove Beware the Sith is wrong."'

AHHH!! So now FEATS from the movies count!!!! Were not you the one saying 'feats must be corrected accordingly to statements'? But only the feats you like count, right?

'"Actually, I don't see the big deal here. It's off by two points and is comparing a five year apprentice aged 22 with one of the best Jedi in the 25,000 year history of the Jedi Order who is 83 years old.'"

Age means nothing when we are talking about actualized levels.

'"How do you argue two points when it ends up being negligible? I don't even know why we should get this upset over the difference between and 85 and an 87, lol.'"

It does not matter if the JMM gap is small. Dooku is labeled as maul's superior in the force.

'"Force level doesn't necessarily mean Force abilities, and really, I think that most people who nitpick definitions, such as myself, walk away from this with the concept that "Force Level" isn't well defined when compared to other Force terms.'"

Force level has UNQUESTIONABLY to do with force skills and raw power. I read below you accepted BTS stats refer to actualized levels, like JMM, then BTS and JMM are UNQUESTIONABLY conflicting sources. Dooku cannot have a force level above Maul's if he is inferior in force skill and raw power. That is just basic logic. I will not return on this.

"^^^So you're saying that "basically" and "actualized" are the same thing? Similar to potential is basically the same thing as actualized potential? lol ..."

Basically is an adverb and actualized an adjective. They were two different statements, lol.

"And actually, yes. Yes, there is something "stating beware the sith stats" do "refrain from to actualized power." If I understand what you are attempting say, then it's easily proven by the simple fact that the statement doesn't specify actualized raw power. For whatever that's worth. Then again, I don't really know what you were trying to say."

Sorry, i meant there is nothing saying BTS stats are referring to potential levels. In fact, i proved the opposite considering vader and luke stats.

"Either way, some of BTS stats are supported by canon and other sources."

And others are horribly inconsistent like vader and ROTJ luke close in force skills, lol.

"We also have a tremendous amount of accolades repeating the fact that Maul was one of the most highly skilled, trained, and deadly Sith in all of the entire Sith Order's history."

Completely irrilevant when comparing dooku and maul. A lot of people like Bane or Darth Revan has those kind of general accolades, and both are below maul and dooku.

"We have sources other people have used that place Maul > Dooku more times than not in combat."

Aside BTS and everything you need to know? Such as?

"It's a 2010 book. C canon. Other books in the EU such as Beware the Sith were published afterward. It's a 2010 book. C canon. Other books in Canon such as SWAEYNtK have been published afterward."

Both BTS AND SWAEYHTK do not mention fisto. they do not contradict hidalgo.

"It's a 2010 book. C canon. The movie is currently canon and was G canon during the EU. Lucas and Gillard's leveling disprove at least the one statement above Maul's status, level 8, compared to Fisto, level 7."

Except that maul's tiering and fisto are not necessarily consistent. Gillard ranked maul in a tweet, fisto in a 2016 interview. Gillard also contradicted himself several times across is career. A confirmed C-canon source trumps on a possibly inconsistent ranking.

"It's a 2010 book. C canon. The tv show TCW gives us a great indication of Maul compared to Kenobi, which is more or less consistent with Lucas and Gillard leveling. Both of them are leveled higher than Fisto."

So, again, feats count!!!! Feats from TCW are used to prove maul > fisto. And all the feats, even from the movies, proving dooku > maul???

#107 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

@dark-sith123:

Dooku being legitimately able to make Yoda work hard to beat him

No Caption Provided

Dooku taking a 10/10 majority against even TPM Maul

No Caption Provided

Caedus > Yoda and Sidious as a duelist

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for supremeintelligence
#108 Posted by supremeintelligence (757 posts) - - Show Bio

the force is strong in team 1.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c359ed39a233
#109 Posted by deactivated-5c359ed39a233 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

This is actually a pretty decent fight, but I'm going with team 1.

Vader>Dooku

Starkiller>Maul

#110 Posted by AnonymousJedi (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 are more powerful, but team 2 are better duelists; it depends on the round rules, really

#111 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

I see either on Team 1 beating either of Team 2. So Team 1 low diff.

#112 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 because they're far too powerful, but a duel should go Team 2's way.

#114 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

bump losers

#115 Posted by dark-sith123 (5027 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader's presence gives his team the win.

#116 Posted by AnonymousJedi (1211 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 are more powerful, but team 2 are better duelists; it depends on the round rules, really

#117 Posted by HitTheAssasin (8007 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1 in a great fight.