Round 1: Legacy Krayt

Round 2: Apocalypse Krayt

Round 3: Krayt Reborn

#3 Posted by Slayedigneel (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader/Starkiller all rounds.

#4 Posted by WollfMyth209 (16839 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader and 'Killer.

#5 Posted by Discipulus (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 3 is a tough one, but I don't think Krayt is winning any of these.

#6 Posted by Zapan871 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio

Krayt

#7 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2527 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by Erkan12 (8435 posts) - - Show Bio

Krayt reborn can put up a fight, but loses at the end.

They stomp the other rounds.

#9 Posted by Zapan871 (2006 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm inclined to side with Krayt at his peak. Apocalypse I'm unsure of. Legacy probably loses in a grueling fight.

#11 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

The team wins all rounds.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#12 Edited by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

Krayt isn’t THAT good.

#13 Posted by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio

Krayt isn’t THAT good.

What's your argument for the team?

#14 Edited by DarthAnt66 (2560 posts) - - Show Bio

Team smashes. It's not a good fight

#15 Posted by xolthol (976 posts) - - Show Bio

Krayt win the 3rd one.

The second one can go either way.

He loose to the first one

#16 Posted by Richard96 (5811 posts) - - Show Bio

Team takes the first two rounds, with the second that is almost a toss up. Krayt the last.

#17 Posted by dark-sith123 (5033 posts) - - Show Bio

Krayt takes the last, no doubt, but the team go down swinging.

Team should take the first, with the second going either way or the team holding an infinitesimal edge.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf470b432518
#18 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

Team takes the first two rounds, with the second that is almost a toss up. Krayt the last.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf88faef2b3a
#19 Posted by deactivated-5bf88faef2b3a (765 posts) - - Show Bio

Vader solos

#20 Posted by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose I'll be the first to make a substantive argument.

Apocalypse Krayt performed as something of a peer to Luke Skywalker as they killed Abeloth together. Even if you try to split hairs over every micro detail of the fight to make it seem better for Luke, Krayt comes out looking very good regardless. At no point is it stated or even implied that Luke is superior to Krayt, let alone vastly superior. The obvious and most easily defended interpretation of the fight is that Krayt is a damn good fight for Luke.

Fast forward about 80 years into the future, and Krayt has been eaten alive this whole time by the vong coral seeds (which he had during Apocalypse too, for the record). He's more than likely weaker for it even in spite of any power or mastery increases, due to the massive physical demand the seeds place on his body. Not only is his stamina curbed, but he has to constantly devote Force and mental energy to fighting off the expansion of the coral seeds as they quite literally eat him alive.

Then you have Reborn Krayt: a Krayt at the height of his Force mastery, physical capabilities, mental toughness and so on. By every observable metric he has been forged into something much greater than his older self.

I don't see the argument for the team against Reborn Krayt. I can see one against Apocalypse on account of stamina issues, if the argument is well made. Legacy Krayt is undeniably weaker than his other two incarnations so again, I can see a good argument for the team being made.

#21 Edited by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Darth Krayt is fighting two foes who, depending on the round, could individually beat him or give him a good fight. Starkiller has the best telekinetic ability here while also having comparable capabilities with Force Lightning to Darth Krayt, so he won't have a Force power advantage on the team. On top of that, the strongest and most skilled duelist out of the three is unarguably Darth Vader. While his lack of stamina and vulnerability to electricity might make him less useful here, he can only add to the pressure especially in CQC.

Realistically, Reborn Krayt would be quite the worthy foe for the team, but the odds would be against him is what I'm saying.

#22 Edited by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio
@i_like_swords said:

I suppose I'll be the first to make a substantive argument.

Apocalypse Krayt performed as something of a peer to Luke Skywalker as they killed Abeloth together. Even if you try to split hairs over every micro detail of the fight to make it seem better for Luke, Krayt comes out looking very good regardless. At no point is it stated or even implied that Luke is superior to Krayt, let alone vastly superior. The obvious and most easily defended interpretation of the fight is that Krayt is a damn good fight for Luke.

Fast forward about 80 years into the future, and Krayt has been eaten alive this whole time by the vong coral seeds (which he had during Apocalypse too, for the record). He's more than likely weaker for it even in spite of any power or mastery increases, due to the massive physical demand the seeds place on his body. Not only is his stamina curbed, but he has to constantly devote Force and mental energy to fighting off the expansion of the coral seeds as they quite literally eat him alive.

Then you have Reborn Krayt: a Krayt at the height of his Force mastery, physical capabilities, mental toughness and so on. By every observable metric he has been forged into something much greater than his older self.

I don't see the argument for the team against Reborn Krayt. I can see one against Apocalypse on account of stamina issues, if the argument is well made. Legacy Krayt is undeniably weaker than his other two incarnations so again, I can see a good argument for the team being made.

This whole argument sounds like it's being made in favor of Darth Krayt fighting either opponent in a 1v1. He has to fight both of them at once. As great as Krayt is (Reborn would undoubtedly defeat either 1v1), I can't recall a single feat or even accolade that convinces me Darth Krayt can defeat the legendary Darth Vader and a dude that can move frigates without a problem. Like I said earlier, both opponents are already comparable to Darth Krayt at his height in every regard (Force mastery, physical capabilities, mental toughness, etc.). Put them on a team and Darth Krayt would likely be overwhelmed.

#23 Posted by Azronger (4334 posts) - - Show Bio

Krayt stomps

#24 Posted by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117: Yeah, I'm not buying anything you just said. Refer to the post I made before. Someone operating on Luke Skywalker's level is not beneath Vader in any way shape or form. Feel free to raise an argument.

#25 Edited by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117 said:

This whole argument sounds like it's being made in favor of Darth Krayt fighting either opponent in a 1v1. He has to fight both of them at once. As great as Krayt is (Reborn would undoubtedly defeat either 1v1), I can't recall a single feat or even accolade that convinces me Darth Krayt can defeat the legendary Vader or a dude that can move frigates without a problem.

That sounds nice and all, but I made my case abundantly clear. Someone operating on Luke's level is not losing to Vader or Starkiller. Together, they have a shot, but I need to see a good argument for it.

Edit:

Like I said earlier, both opponents are already comparable to Darth Krayt at his height in every regard (Force mastery, physical capabilities, mental toughness, etc.). Put them on a team and Darth Krayt would likely be overwhelmed.

You're welcome to prove it.

#26 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: How is Darth Krayt's Abeloth fight evidence that he is technically superior in terms of dueling to Darth Vader? Or physically stronger than him? That makes no sense whatsoever.

#27 Posted by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: How is Darth Krayt's Abeloth fight evidence that he is technically superior in terms of dueling to Darth Vader? Or physically stronger than him? That makes no sense whatsoever.

It's strong evidence that he is a much more powerful Force user than Vader, and thus he would likely trounce him in a fight.

#28 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio
@echostarlord117 said:

It's strong evidence that he is a much more powerful Force user than Vader, and thus he would likely trounce him in a fight.

Okay, but you said,

Someone operating on Luke Skywalker's level is not beneath Vader in any way shape or form.

I only stated that Krayt was inferior to Vader in terms of strength and technical skill, which is true. I even insinuated that he is more powerful than Vader.

Someone operating on Luke's level is not losing to Vader or Starkiller.

I disagree. You act like this is a bullet proof argument. Unless I'm forgetting some integral details, I can't recall anything in that fight that automatically puts Krayt on GM Luke's level. He fought alongside Luke displaying enough power to catch Luke's attention. That's it. I'm sure if Starkiller performed some of his feats in front of Luke, he'd be on guard as well. As I said earlier, Starkiller undeniably has superior telekinetic power to Krayt, power that he uses in combat all the time. This coupled with his very similarly potent Force Lightning means that Krayt won't be dominating the field with his Force power.

Together, they have a shot, but I need to see a good argument for it

Just like I need to see a good argument for the opposite. Pointing to a single fight that proves nothing is not a good argument.

#29 Posted by i_like_swords (26231 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

Okay, but you said,

I only stated that Krayt was inferior to Vader in terms of strength and technical skill, which is true. I even insinuated that he is more powerful than Vader.

If you take the Force out of the equation, it's possible Vader has more strength due to cybernetic augmentations. With technical skill, I'm more inclined to side with Krayt due to having over a century to hone his combat skills, in addition to the fact Vader is more limited by his cybernetics on a technical level.

But with the Force factored in, which is ultimately far more pertinent to the discussion at hand, Vader is not defeating Krayt in a lightsaber duel or a Force battle.

I disagree. You act like this is a bullet proof argument.

Try spending less time worrying about what I'm "acting" like and more on the debate itself. It might help you out.

Unless I'm forgetting some integral details, I can't recall anything in that fight that automatically puts Krayt on GM Luke's level. He fought alongside Luke displaying enough power to catch Luke's attention. That's it.

In other words, you haven't read the fight and/or cannot recall a single important detail from it. That's fine, you could have started with that. What I do take issue with is you projecting your ignorance onto me as if I am responsible for it. I am not "acting like I have a bulletproof argument", I am making references to evidence.

The significant takeaways from the fight were:

1. Luke and Krayt both took a roughly equivalent amount of damage to their Force Essence from Abeloth, which is a direct indication of the raw Force power their Essences contain. Luke was pushed to his limit and nearly died as a result of the fight, ergo, to survive an amount of punishment to your Essence that drives GM Luke to his limit, you must, by definition, be in a similar ballpark of power to him. How wide this ballpark is, is not perfectly clear, but the fact that Krayt did it remains true.
  2. At no point was Krayt shown to be carried or outclassed by Luke. In fact, via Force Drain (which damaged Krayt as much as it damaged Abeloth due to the corrosive nature of her life energy) Krayt did quite possibly the bulk of the damage to Abeloth during the fight.

That's it. I'm sure if Starkiller performed some of his feats in front of Luke, he'd be on guard as well.

That's not what I said, so moot point.

As I said earlier, Starkiller undeniably has superior telekinetic power to Krayt, power that he uses in combat all the time.

No, he doesn't. What is "undeniable" about this statement, exactly?

This coupled with his very similarly potent Force Lightning means that Krayt won't be dominating the field with his Force power.

Again, you're welcome to prove it.

Just like I need to see a good argument for the opposite. Pointing to a single fight that proves nothing is not a good argument.

So, to be clear: you did not read or were unable to glean any of the important details from the fight I'm referring to, and yet you somehow know for a fact my argument is a bad one?

#30 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117: How does SK have the better TK of the two when Vader trounced and ragdolled him [Now admittedly SK was exhausted but based off how easily Vader handled him it's not far fetched to suggest the two would be equals or at least comparable at the time of TFU 2 with SK maybe having a slight edge]. Considering the absolutely massive disparity due to growth between TFU 2 Vader and ROTJ Vader a plausible argument can be made Vader ragdolls peak TFU 2 SK with ease at the time of ROTJ.

#31 Posted by KeenCraft (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@erkan12 said:

Krayt reborn can put up a fight, but loses at the end.

They stomp the other rounds.

This

Team smashes. It's not a good fight

This for the first two rounds

#32 Posted by KeenCraft (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117:

Unless I'm forgetting some integral details, I can't recall anything in that fight that automatically puts Krayt on GM Luke's level. He fought alongside Luke displaying enough power to catch Luke's attention. That's it.

In other words, you haven't read the fight and/or cannot recall a single important detail from it. That's fine, you could have started with that. What I do take issue with is you projecting your ignorance onto me as if I am responsible for it. I am not "acting like I have a bulletproof argument", I am making references to evidence.

Guess I haven't read the fight either-or cannot recall a single detail- if the conclusion we were supposed to ascertain was "Krayt ~ Luke" hahaha. I'd love to see what those references to evidence were based on.

@echostarlord117:

1. Luke and Krayt both took a roughly equivalent amount of damage to their Force Essence from Abeloth, which is a direct indication of the raw Force power their Essences contain. Luke was pushed to his limit and nearly died as a result of the fight, ergo, to survive an amount of punishment to your Essence that drives GM Luke to his limit, you must, by definition, be in a similar ballpark of power to him. How wide this ballpark is, is not perfectly clear, but the fact that Krayt did it remains true.
  2. At no point was Krayt shown to be carried or outclassed by Luke. In fact, via Force Drain (which damaged Krayt as much as it damaged Abeloth due to the corrosive nature of her life energy) Krayt did quite possibly the bulk of the damage to Abeloth during the fight.

1. No they didn't. No "facts" remain true because they didn't take the same amount of damage. Not even close.

2. So what? And okay, perhaps Krayt may have done the majority of the "DPS" while Luke did the majority of the tanking. Not that this means anything, since he was using Luke as a conduit anyway, for an unknown amount of time (because beyond shadows' time is blah)

So, to be clear: you did not read or were unable to glean any of the important details from the fight I'm referring to, and yet you somehow know for a fact my argument is a bad one?

I'm inclined to agree. I'd still like to see an actual argument for Krayt.

#33 Posted by KeenCraft (825 posts) - - Show Bio

P.S,- my data is nonexistent rn, so if newfangled evidence has been brought to the thread after I posted this comment, I will not see it for another 10 to 30 minutes

Also, apologies for jumping in another argument. But I laughed when I heard "Krayt ~ Luke" because because "the book never said Krayt is sub Luke!!" And "he took equal damage!" (Which is false)

#34 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117: How does SK have the better TK of the two when Vader trounced and ragdolled him

Lol Vader never ragdolled Starkiller. Starkiller, both the original and the clone, fought and defeated Vader twice. Vader is at best slightly inferior to Starkiller.

@echostarlord117:

Okay, but you said,

If you take the Force out of the equation, it's possible Vader has more strength due to cybernetic augmentations. With technical skill, I'm more inclined to side with Krayt due to having over a century to hone his combat skills, in addition to the fact Vader is more limited by his cybernetics on a technical level.

But with the Force factored in, which is ultimately far more pertinent to the discussion at hand, Vader is not defeating Krayt in a lightsaber duel or a Force battle.

I'm judging their skill off feats and accolades. Let me put it this way, Vader pre-prime handily defeated Dooku whereas Krayt pre-prime lost to Obi-Wan. That's just an obvious comparison. Vader has far more experience fighting lightsaber wielders and a far better track record. If we're talking about skill as an isolated factor, Vader wins without a doubt.

In other words, you haven't read the fight and/or cannot recall a single important detail from it. That's fine, you could have started with that.

Yeah, because that can definitely be assumed based off what I said.

"Roughly equivalent" Lol That's not true. I'm going to go back and reread it just to make sure, but they definitely did not take the same beating IIRC.

1. At no point was Krayt shown to be carried or outclassed by Luke. In fact, via Force Drain (which damaged Krayt as much as it damaged Abeloth due to the corrosive nature of her life energy) Krayt did quite possibly the bulk of the damage to Abeloth during the fight.

He definitely was not performing on the exact same level as Luke. The only reason his damage output is higher is because he is a Sith. That's perfectly natural for a Sith to be able to destroy more than a Jedi. It's the nature of their powers. And as you even said, most of the damage done by Krayt was via Drain, probably his most potent Force power. Luke was definitely MVP of that fight.

As I said earlier, Starkiller undeniably has superior telekinetic power to Krayt, power that he uses in combat all the time.

No, he doesn't. What is "undeniable" about this statement, exactly?

Starkiller has better TK feats, greater TK potency, and more oft application of TK in combat. Simple

This coupled with his very similarly potent Force Lightning means that Krayt won't be dominating the field with his Force power.

Again, you're welcome to prove it.

He can buckle AT-ST armor with his lightning, vaporize armored soldiers effortlessly with it, killed the Gorog with it, etc. I'm not making the claim that it's superior, but it is without a doubt on a similar level.

No need to talk down to every single person you disagree with. I obviously have read the fight. It would be pretty bold of me to enter into this argument otherwise. I'm saying your argument is bad because you're discounting every single other one of Krayt's feats which clearly put in at best above Vader and slightly above Starkiller. You're instead focusing on one fight where basically all Krayt did was survive,somehow trying to convince me that it puts him on damn Grand Master Luke's level which is just absurd. That fight is a good thing to point to in addition to making other arguments, but it's enough on its own simply because it doesn't prove anything. It's a great feat, but that'd be like me pointing to Galen's fight with Palpatine and going, "Hey, Krayt would never have been able to absorb Palpatine's lightning like that! Galen's clearly in and around Yoda's level," ignoring everything else Galen/Starkiller has been through that disproves this.

#35 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117: 1.Starkiller beat him via cheapshot did you even play the game or read the novel? The was Starkiller beat him had absolutely nothing to do with power, Vader manhandled him [Ragdolling him and tanking his lightning for thirty seconds in addition destroying him in sabers until SK cheap-shotted him. Given he was exhausted I'm inclined to agree SK is slightly superior or equal to TFU 2 Vader but you're failing to acknowledge Vader's growth from TFU 2 to ROTJ which should logically put him as far superior to Starkiller].

Do I have to post the gif of him ragdolling him?

#36 Posted by decaf_wizard (17022 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm inclined to side with Krayt at his peak. Apocalypse I'm unsure of. Legacy probably loses in a grueling fight.

#38 Edited by KillBilly (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

Team.

Krayt.

#39 Edited by KillBilly (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

Not Starkiller anywhere near his peak given he was both "distracted" and "exhausted" at the time.

No Caption Provided

"The tips of his lightsabers shook. He had never felt so exhausted, at every level of his being.”

-- The Force Unleashed II.

#40 Posted by KillBilly (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117: 1.Starkiller beat him via cheapshot did you even play the game or read the novel? The was Starkiller beat him had absolutely nothing to do with power, Vader manhandled him [Ragdolling him and tanking his lightning for thirty seconds in addition destroying him in sabers until SK cheap-shotted him. Given he was exhausted I'm inclined to agree SK is slightly superior or equal to TFU 2 Vader but you're failing to acknowledge Vader's growth from TFU 2 to ROTJ which should logically put him as far superior to Starkiller].

Do I have to post the gif of him ragdolling him?

The question is, did you? Starkiller while utterly exhausted would have killed Vader if not for an untimely vision that prevented him from doing so. Despite this, he still fought evenly with Vader in sabers going back and forth despite Vader doing everything in his power to stop him.

Since you agree that Starkiller was exhausted what is there to suggest that he's "only equal or slightly superior" to Vader? Considering Starkiller was struggling to lift large ships prior to exhausting himself ever further, I don't see why we should take his performance against Vader as proof of anything since he was obviously only operating at a fraction of a fraction of his normal power levels.

#41 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly: SK in TFU 2 was being dominated by Vader who tanked his lightning for 30 seconds and thrashed him with TK which suggests that the two are at least equals [SK was exhausted] at the time of TFU 2. When we factor in Vader's growth it's not at all implausible that ROTJ Vader>TFU 2 Starkiller.

#42 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Edited by KillBilly (2036 posts) - - Show Bio
@riddlerfan77 said:

@killbilly: SK in TFU 2 was being dominated by Vader who tanked his lightning for 30 seconds and thrashed him with TK which suggests that the two are at least equals [SK was exhausted] at the time of TFU 2. When we factor in Vader's growth it's not at all implausible that ROTJ Vader>TFU 2 Starkiller.

The quote above seems to suggest Vader was only capable of ragdolling even an utterly exhausted Starkiller only when his distracted, or else why wouldn't he had done it at any other point in the fight, specifically when he ( as per the novel ) was doing EVERYTHING in his power to stop Starkiller from getting to Juno.

Vader ragdolling a being who struggled to lift a ship when he was distracted does not suggest parity to a being with a peak Starkiller's feats.

#44 Edited by KillBilly (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77 said:
@killbilly said:

Not Starkiller anywhere near his peak.

Claiming that's not ragdolling is a blatant lie, saying it was under context wouldn't be lying but blatantly saying it didn't happen when I just proved it did is a total lie.

Which I didn't do since I specified that he wasn't "anywhere near his peak." My statement isn't the one that completely lacks context in order to mislead people ( like yours' ).

#45 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly: 1.I acknowledged SK was exhausted at several times in this thread it doesn't lack context.

2.Vader can ragdoll base SK, he can't at the time of TFU 2 where they were equals but at the time of ROTJ he absolutely could given his growth. Given the ease with which he trumped exhausted Galan saying the two were in the same tier as of TFU 2 and that Vader could demolish him as of ROTJ isn't that farfetched.

#46 Edited by KillBilly (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77: I acknowledged SK was exhausted at several times in this thread it doesn't lack context.

If someone hadn't read the entirety of the thread before that post and hadn't read the novel, they most certainly wouldn't have known the circumstances behind what you posted. It's irresponsible imo but I can't tell you how to live your life.

Vader can ragdoll base SK

Please provide proof for this claim.

he can't at the time of TFU 2 where they were equals but at the time of ROTJ he absolutely could given his growth.

Prove that his growth was substantial enough that he could do so and that they were equals as of the time of TFU2.

Given the ease with which he trumped exhausted Galan saying the two were in the same tier as of TFU 2 and that Vader could demolish him as of ROTJ isn't that farfetched.

But he didn't do it with ease. The actual breakdown of events suggests he was only capable of doing so when Starkiller was distracted. And this is Starkiller at a point where he's weaker then when he struggled to lift a ship. I don't see how ragdolling a being capped at that level of power who was in a distracted state at the time suggests he's somehow equal to Starkiller at peak levels. That's like saying Vader ragdolling a distracted Rahm Kota is a feat that places him on the level of a prime Starkiller ( Hint: It doesn't ).

#47 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly: If someone hadn't read the entirety of the thread before that post and hadn't read the novel, they most certainly wouldn't have known the circumstances behind what you posted. It's irresponsible imo but I can't tell you how to live your life.

I posted it to one person who I already explained the context to...

As for the rest I'll address it later I'm busy RN.

#48 Edited by KillBilly (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77: I posted it to one person who I already explained the context to...

When you make a public post, even if it's to somebody else specifically, you should provide the context. That's just the responsible thing to do.

As for the rest I'll address it later I'm busy RN.

I hope for your sake it's not the love or rage arguments. :P

#49 Posted by deactivated-5bf470b432518 (5801 posts) - - Show Bio

@killbilly: Ant already debunked those I'm not about to beat a dead horse.

#50 Edited by KillBilly (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

@riddlerfan77: I look forward to seeing what you have then. But yeah, real life comes first. Post whenever you have time.