User Lists: 1

Team 1

No Caption Provided

Team 2

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Perfect Teamwork for both sides.
  • In character.
  • Start 150 Meters away from each other.
  • Win by Death or Incapacitation.

Rounds

• Knigthfall Vader and TPM Maul vs Dooku and Mace(Both as of RoTS)
  • RoTJ Vader and SoD Maul vs Dooku and Mace(Both as of RoTS)
  • Jedi Anakin(RoTS) and TCW Maul vs Dooku(RoTS) and Mace(TPM)

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Round 1:

The bald baddie dies as the weak link and Team 1 takes it, Vapaad or not.

Round 2: I'm inclined to say team 2 coz vapaad could equalize any force based disparity between mace and vader while Dooku beats Maul. Frankly you could well argue Mace could beat Vader without vapaad. If there ever happens to be an issue, Dooku could prolly just take maul out with the force and Vader gets Mustafar'd

Round 3:

Could go argued for either way, but I'd argue for team 1 here. I can definitely see and personally favor maul over TPM Mace, and Anakin's the best here. That being said, Dooku's morals make him the most likely to take anyone out with the force(and by anyone, I mean the zabrak) which could, for a few rounds end up with Anakin dealing with an unfortunate 2 v 1 where he gets mustafar'd all over again.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Round One: Likely Team One. Although if Maul goes down fast enough I don't think Anakin could beat both Mace and Dooku

Rounds Two and Three: Team Two. Maul is a significant weak link.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By HitTheAssasin

Round 1: Can go either way, i'd favor team 1 though because i feel KF Vader can take out Dooku quicker than either of Team 2 can take out Maul.

Team 1 6/10

Round 2: Team 2. Maul loses to either Dooku or Mace 9/10, where as Vader wins 7/10 against Dooku and 6-7/10 against Mace, giving Team 2 the higher chance of winning.

Team 2 6/10.

Round 3:Split IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-6034d0d6dcbf4
deactivated-6034d0d6dcbf4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: team 2. Dooku can dispatch immediately tpm maul with the force , and KF Vader isn't soloing .

Round 2: still team 2. Rotj Vader is the most powerful in the force , but not enough to ragdoll any of team 2. Either of team 2 can beat Maul, while the other keeps busy Vader , and then they would beat him handily toghether.

Round 3: I don't know how to consider TPM mace, honestly.

Timewarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekinfing:

I'm not sure what Knightfall Vader is or SoD Maul is.

IN CHARACTER???

Mace sees three Sith. Mace fights Dooku first because he knows he will betray him like a Sith. Mace wins the fight, even if he has to fight Maul at the same time. (Remember Dooku ran from Yoda, he's a coward)

Maul doesn't stand a chance against Mace Windu, a Jedi master.

A tired Mace then faces Vader and an epic battle ensues until Vader dismembers him and force chokes him to death. "You don't know the power of the dark side."

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul is a weak link. Dooku and Mace win every round in hard fights.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Greysentinel365

Round 1: TPM is a ragdoll for either. Likewise their respective contentions with Yoda and Sidious put them in good stead against KF Vader. Either way.

Round 2: Dooku or Mace can outduel Vader with difficulty and should be powerful enough to avoid ragdoll. SoD is a potential ragdoll for Mace or Dooku though it would drain them. It could go either way really. But I'll side with Mace and Dooku for a slim majority.

Round 3: Mace or Dooku should be able to contend with Anakin rather well. What many people forget was Dooku was able floor and escape Anakin twice. The difference between SoD Maul and TCW Maul is very ill defined. So my verdict there remains roughly the same as last round. Either kills Maul while the other holds off Skywalker. Anakin then gets double teamed

Avatar image for deactivated-59c0eef934dfe
deactivated-59c0eef934dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: Team 1. KF Vader's MVP, and neither guy on Team 2 will ragdoll Maul.

Round 2: SOD Maul is, dueling wise or Force-wise, close to their level. Don't know why people think Mace and Dooku can contend with Sidious when Dooku was instastomped via hologram and Mace can't even react to the Dark Lord. Vader beats either. I'm not exactly sure who wins. Maul loses to either after great fights, Vader beats either after great fights. Split.

Round 3: Jedi Anakin ran all over Dooku, Windu's TPM version will not fare any better. TCW Maul, again, gives Dooku serious grief, and might have a very good shot at beating TPM Mace for a majority. Something which I do not absolutely rule out. Jedi Anakin is MVP, again. If it was ROTS Mace, this would be closer. But Team 1 wins.

But thank you guys, the comments that say Dooku/Mace can ragdoll Maul, while baseless and false, gave me a very good laugh.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a20a68641bc7
deactivated-5a20a68641bc7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knightfall Vader and TPM Maul vs Dooku and Mace(Both as of RoTS)

Vader and Maul. Maul will be losing his initial fight but should outlive Vader's first opponent.

RoTJ Vader and SoD Maul vs Dooku and Mace(Both as of RoTS)

Vader can defeat Dooku but I'm not so sure about him beating Windu. I think Dooku and Mace take this, with Maul being the first casualty.

Jedi Anakin(RoTS) and TCW Maul vs Dooku(RoTS) and Mace(TPM)

If Anakin is operating under a normal mental state, I think Dooku and Mace will take this (again with Maul dying first).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timewarp:

Perfect teamwork for both sides, as stated in the OP. And Maul stands a very good chance against Windu. Windu being a Jedi Master means nothing when pre-prime Maul has beaten a Master and a Padawan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5be183e26f3e9
deactivated-5be183e26f3e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2, in a good fight. Vader should be able to beat either of team 2 but either of them can keep him busy while the other dispatches Maul.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul is a significant weak link in these fights and will get taken out the earliest and quickly at that, in all but the last round.

1. Maul is easily ragdolled by either of Team 2 and Dooku and Mace then beat Vader in an excellent fight.

2. Maul is still potentially ragdolled by Mace or Dooku, or outdueled, while the remainder contends with Vader. Same story repeats, but it is noticeably closer.

3. TPM Mace and Maul are pretty much similar with Mace being better, and Anakin is superior to Dooku. However without him falling to the dark side, the fight is much closer. This could go either way honestly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when is Maul a ragdoll for Dooku or Windu? His feats pretty much rival theirs.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: I honestly think TPM Maul is better optimised to fight with Mace or Dooku than his TCW incarnation. His more calculated and disiciplined approach would reduce effectiveness of Mace's Vapaad and would be harder to dismantle by Dooku's precise bladework. He would still loose to either of them of course, but not without a long, good fight.

Much depends of who fights who. Vader vs Mace could go either way, considering Mace's Vapaad. Dooku would beat Maul after a good fight. Then he proceds to help Mace (assuming he's going to need help in the first place).

We've already seen how Vader vs Dooku would play out. He would most likely defeat Dooku before Mace defeats Maul.

In short, could go either way.

Round 2: I'm inclined to give slight majority to team 1. Vader is MVP here and since he fights with emotions of a machine, this would significantly reduce effeciveness of Vapaad. Vader beats either of team 2, while Maul holds either of team 2 off long enough for Vader deal with his own opponent and help Maul.

Round 3: Don't know how powerful TPM Mace is.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emperor339

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Emperor339

1) Depends if Knightfall Vader takes someone first or someone takes out Maul. If Mace and Dooku can put up a fight against Yoda level opponents (however breif), I'm willing to bet Maul falls first.

2) Maul puts up a better fight, but Vader is reletively even against the other two (though I'd give him the edge). Maul falls first.

3) Depends how you see TPM Mace.

killers10333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im gonna go with team 2 all rounds just to be safe. Maul is a weak link overall, and i think any version of vader will be hard pressed to beat both of team 2

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 owie  Moderator

I'm going to just drop this in to remember to come back later. But all this talk about ragdolling is over the top. There's a difference between "being better than" and "being so much significantly better than that the other character is completely at the other's mercy," which is what some people are making it sound like here.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1: I don't think TPM Maul has any Force feats that would prevent him from being ragdolled by Dooku. However, Knightfall Anakin can take either Windu or Dooku down fairly quickly. It could go either way.

Round 2: To be honest, I don't see why Dooku wouldn't be able to telekinetically dismiss even SoD Maul, while Windu holds off Vader. Team 2 probably wins.

Round 3: Don't TPM Windu/Dooku have the accolade of being the best duelists in the Order, aside from Yoda, or is that a later version of both? If so, I'd say that puts Windu above Maul, but I'm not sure that gap is bigger than that between Anakin and Dooku. However, Dooku can still resort to Dun Moch, so I think Team 2 should take it.

Timewarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just thinking out loud here. Darth Vader has experience with everyone in this battle, experience which none of the others has I believe. Not sure.

As a child he's seen Darth Maul before. His future master defeated Maul when he was still a padawan.

Vader killed Dooku.

Vader killed Mace. Okay he back stabbed him but a kill is a kill :)

Who's stronger in the Force?

1) Vader

2) Dooku

3) Mace

4) Maul

Who's the better physical combatant?

1) Maul

2) Mace

3) Vader

4) Dooku

Who has better skill?

1) Dooku

2) Mace

3) Maul

4) Vader

That's how I rank them against each other. Mace is high in all categories but the one that matters most and makes all things possible is their connection to the Force. So I say 7/10 fights goes to Vader and Maul.

One thing I will give Maul though, he has fought two opponents by himself before, just didn't end well for him...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster:

I do not know for windu , but Dooku can surely ragdoll or fry tpm Maul with lighting . First, dooku has fare better force feat than tpm Maul, second, he ragdolled rots kenobi, a guy who , only one months later, collapsed a 500 mt rock formation .

Dooku was also stated to be very wise in the force, a maul weakness by the time of TPM.

Count Dooku would have to use his vast knowledge of the Force (Maul's major weakness) in order to triumph.

Source: Insider #109

Not too much time before tpm, maul wasn't even able to deflect Mighella's lighting:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mighella_VS_Maul.jpg

Dooku's lighting >>>> mighella's

Then, lighting or ragdoll, Dooku can dispatch easily the tpm version of maul with the force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c0eef934dfe
deactivated-59c0eef934dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster: if an enraged TPM Kenobi can fight on equal terms with him for a short while, he is most certainly ragdoll material for Mace and Dooku.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiadisandwich:

A super rage amped TPM Kenobi caught Maul off guard, hence why he drove him back. Kenobi then proceeded to get wrecked. Heck, Kenobi was wrecked when Jinn was around giving him backup. Maul's feats, as seen in the blog, rival those of Dooku and Mace. He is not getting ragdolled, lmfao.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster:

none of the feats in the blog rival dooku or mace's best. Dooku is above someone capable of wrecking an entire formation of 500 meter megaliths and has pushed 200 m ships, macehas lifted steam crawlers single handeldly replicated/exceeded maul and oppress's collective forc eblast of droids despite being several months pre-prime and as of rots can compete with a force user capable of affectingweather in a planet across the galaxy with the mere presence of his hologram.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

Mace can only compete with Sidious in the movie universe. Sidious has the feats to stomp Mace in the EU. A somewhat inferior version of the guy that can wreck 500m megaliths was ragdolled by Maul legitimately in Sith Hunters, where Maul was at his TPM levels as the blog proves. At his TPM levels, a hindered Maul collapsed an entire tunnel. With moderate effort. Mace stopped a landslide, yeah, and that's what puts him solidly above Maul. Not yanking steamcrawlers. Dooku is solidly above Maul. But they aren't powerful enough to outright ragdoll him. Maul collapsing a tunnel while hindered is a great feat, and ragdolling Obi-Wan who isn't that far off from his ROTS iteration is also very impressive. We also have Maul using the Force in another way (surviving the bisection.) That also proves he has lots of power in the Force.

They can't ragdoll him. That's the point. And him being the solid weak link is nullified by KF Vader's presence.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordofthelight

Could you post that quote indicating Kenobi grew much more powerful in a matter of weeks? its from stealth iirc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Growth isn't vast enough. Maul outright stomped him. Dooku circumstancially stomped him. Maul's showing is very well comparable to Dooku's.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster:

Yea, given that TCW is almost a year away, that Kenobi can grow much more powerful over the course of a few weeks renders your claim that their wasn't enough growth for Kenobi to surpass Maul random speculation at best. There is absolutely no way to say with any degree of certainty that maul did or did not retain the power edge even assuming that those ragdolls were legitimate simply from Maul could do to Kenobi as of TCW. Additionally Kenobi's Megalith feat as of his pre-rebels prime is simply better than anything Maul's come close to accomplishing

Dooku circumstancially stomped him.

No he didn't. All Dooku did was exploit superior speed, in other words something he can dow hatever he wants because he's faster than Kenobi. There was nothing circumstantial about Dooku's showings, unlike Maul's.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kbroskywalker:

The attack was too sudden for Kenobi. Meaning Kenobi had little time to defend himself. And Kenobi can have better feats, but Maul outright stomped him which means he can do better. And I have no quote that says Kenobi grew vastly in weeks, so that's baseless assumption as of now. All I know, Sith Hunters Maul that hadn't improved since TPM outright stomped Kenobi. You can make up circumstances, but they'll never be true. And there is zero proof Kenobi surpassed Maul as of ROTS. He'd have to grow by miles to equal Maul as of ROTS. Because Maul was also pre-prime in Sith Hunters. And there is no evidence Kenobi grew more in the final six months of the war than in its first two years and half. Maul is not far off from Mace and Dooku, and thus he will not be ragdolled.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By echostarlord117

Damn, this is a good battle!

Round one: This depends on how quickly Maul dies. I would put my money on team two, especially if both teams are functioning on perfect synergy. That being said, KF Vader could definitely pull out a win here if Maul survives long enough.

Round two: Team two would win.

Round three: TPM Mace has always been hard for me to quantify. Assuming I've got it right, then team two would win.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster:

Hopefully I can find the post but to address your argument, no, Dooku attacking too suddelyn was because he was faster. Dooku also happens to be faster than maul and so if you want to take the junior novelization's implication that dooku could choke Kenobi due to speed but not power, Dooku can still choke maul due to superior speed. There's absolutely nothing circumstantial about Dooku's chokes, there are circumstances behind Maul's, such as the rage amp in sith hunters(maul was having dream tremors about Kenobi slicing him in half and screamed Kenobi when waking up, when he choked Kenobi, and when he saw Kenobi shooting at him from a Starfighter) or in florrum(he's noted to have animalistic rage, have his blood boiling with hatred, and has no control over his emotions), or with Kenobi being unable to defend himself because

A. He was injured:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/the-lawless-episode-gallery

B. He was fighting Oppress and hence his defenses weren't focused on Maul

so that's baseless assumption as of now

Well, that's why I'm trying to refind the quote though @lordofthelight or @greysentinel365 should have it

He'd have to grow by miles to equal Maul as of ROTS.

That's total speculation, you can't accurately guess how much he would have had to grow

And there is no evidence Kenobi grew more in the final six months of the war than in its first two years and half.

And based on what does he need to grow more than he did in the first two years? All we need is proof he grw much to render maul's status over Kenobi questionable.

And there is zero proof Kenobi surpassed Maul as of ROTS.

You mean, aside from far superior feats? Is a feat based argument not the basis for your assertion that SOD Maul is>Rebels Maul?

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 owie  Moderator

The thing I think about when I think of these kinds of battles isn't always the details of technique. Sure, Dooku is the only one with lightning. Maul was able to survive being cut in half. We can argue about skill levels or speed til the cows come home. But in something like this, when you're dealing with people at the top echelons, I like to think of the whole package, and that leads me to consider how they've been able to use their entire abilities when matching up against someone. Because whatever their individual strengths and weaknesses, they use them all when fighting against someone who makes the use their all.

So for instance, Dooku seems to me to actually have possibly one of the best fighting records here. He fought against both Anakin and Kenobi multiple times. When the Jedi decided to assassinate him in Dark Disciple, they knew it would take multiple people, and he fought against both Ventress and Vos, who had both trained for some time specifically against him. He decisively beat Grievous. He fought Yoda. He fought Ventress and Opress at the same time. I guess what I'm getting at is, he's got a record of fighting multiple skilled opponents, opponents with lengthy feats, multiple times.

So, in this line, which of these guys do you think has the best resume of top-caliber, named opponents that he has fought well against? How many of them have a decent record of fight two highly skilled, named opponents at once?

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScotticusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 2 in good fights

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kbroskywalker

@owie said:

I'm going to just drop this in to remember to come back later. But all this talk about ragdolling is over the top. There's a difference between "being better than" and "being so much significantly better than that the other character is completely at the other's mercy," which is what some people are making it sound like here.

There is a difference, but Dooku and Mace are very much in the latter category compared to Maul as force users. Dooku/Mace's hype/feats/scaling outclasses anything maul has.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul is way out of his depth here

Team 2, Vader needs a better partner than loser who gets owned by padawans

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster:

Here it is:

He wished he could see the outcome of this battle. He wished he could sense what would happen next. But even out here, so far from Coruscant and the Outer Rim Sieges, the dark side smothered his feeling for the future; torqued and twisted the light side, rendering it opaque. He was so much more sensitive to it now. Another legacy of Zigoola. Which he supposed was a good thing, even though it made him feel ill. He felt a constant hum of nausea, malignantly whispering.

Credit: Clone Wars: Stealth

Correction, Stealth is a couple of months rather than weeks away from Wild space. Regardless, lets remember that TCW season 5 is almost a year away from ROTS and that in ROTS Kenobi had a massive emotional confrontation to grow from when he let go of his attachment to Anakin, in addition to stuff like not giving in to anger when maul killed sabine ect.

For a reminder of the power of emotional confrontations to make characters grow:

"It is only through interaction, through decision and choice, through confrontation, physical or mental, that the Force can grow within you."

Source: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Kenobi's ability to grow much more powerful in a couple of months would set precedent for ROTS Kenobi being much, much more powerful than his TCW counterpart.

BigDaddyMushu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BigDaddyMushu

Mace and Dooku have this, Maul just doesn't have the experience to compete and it becomes a 2v1 that Vader wont win.

However putting this as an "In character" battle is a bit of an oxymoron in this case

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster:

And then? All this feats are below the best one of rots kenobi, a guy who was ragdolled by the good count. However Dooku's feats exceeds those a lot.

Not to mention there is always lighting , and given Maul wasn't even able to parry mighella's one, Dooku lighting would fry badly poor maul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96:

ROTS Kenobi was circumstancially ragdolled by Dooku. And Maul should be on Kenobi's level of Force-wise. And collapsing a tunnel while hindered is certainly not exceeded by a large margin.

Maul being somewhat caught off guard when he thought she was disarmed, by the Lightning, means nothing. She even confirms that by saying "A Nightsister is never unarmed", indicating that Maul thought she couldn't conjure Lightning and was an easy kill. Anyway, AOTC Kenobi, who's canonically one tier below Maul, CASUALLY parried Lightning from DOOKU. I don't see why Maul can't parry the Lightning. I see no reason for him not doing it with EASE.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster: thats not right. Multiple sources state Dooku can ragdoll ROTS Kenobi and he did so in the ROTS Novel nigh effortlessly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster:

Dooku attack was too sudden cause because he was faster. Dooku also happens to be faster than maul and so if you want to take the junior novelization's implication that dooku could choke Kenobi due to speed but not power, Dooku can still choke maul due to superior speed. There's absolutely nothing circumstantial about Dooku's chokes. And rots kenobi is still > tpm Maul in the force.

Against mighella, Maul clearly didn't know how to counter lighting, given the lack of knowledge in the force was attested as his weakness. He was still stopped by a lighting that is miles below that of Dooku.

When dooku shot lighting at aotc kenobi, he was smiling and mocking and he was arguably toying . It is hard to say that lighting was at maximum power, given even yoda could not parry his lighting with ease. Besides, Dooku enjoys dueling and he wanted probably to see what kenobi was able to do in a saber fight .

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HitTheAssasin

@thesithmaster: here's the scan. Dooku rag dolls Obi easily on 2 different occasions, he's easily capable of it.

He gathered the Force once more in a single indrawn breath that summoned power from throughout the universe; the slightest whipcrack of that power, negligent as a flick of his wrist, sent Kenobi flying backward to crash hard against the wall, but Dooku didn't have time to enjoy it.

-ROTS Novel

Count Dooku half-turned and raised a hand. A rush of dark power lifted Obi-Wan off his feet and choked the air from his lungs. He reached for the Force to counter Dooku, but the attack had been too sudden. He saw Dooku twist, kicking out at Anakin with all his weight behind it. Anakin fell backward, and Dooku hurled Obi-Wan over the edge of the balcony.

Obi-Wan dropped to the floor below and lay half-stunned. Distantly, he felt a surge in the dark side, and then a large chunk of the balcony hurtled down at him. His last thought before he lost consciousness was, It's up to Anakin now.

-ROTS Junior Novel

There also other quotes stating Dooku can rag doll Obi-Wan.

Dooku proved a formidable opponent. He Force-pushed Obi-Wan like a ragdoll against the wall of the quarters, knocking him unconscious.

-Databank:Obi-Wan Kenobi Biography

And this:

Waiting for them was Count Dooku, and unlike the impulsive and disorganized attack that had marked their last confrontation with Dooku, Obi-Wan and Anakin challenged Dooku as a team. Dooku proved a formidable opponent. He Force-pushed Obi-Wan with terrible strength, tossing the Jedi Master like a rag doll against the walls of the quarters. Kenobi was knocked unconscious.

Source: The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

This proves that Obi is easily within Dooku's rag doll range.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: No need to argue about Dooku being able to ragdoll Kenobi. He's done it in ROTS and several other sources state that he is able to ragdoll Obi.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dooku "ragdolled" Kenobi by catching the Jedi off-balance and moving too quick, not because he's miles ahead of him.

Count Dooku half-turned and raised a hand. A rush of dark power lifted Obi-Wan off his feet and choked the air from his lugs. He reached for the Force to counter Dooku, but the attack had been too sudden.

Revenge of the Sith junior novel

If Kenobi is waiting for the attack, and fully prepared, Dooku can't just Force Choke him and hoist him into the air at will. And Force Push =/= ragdoll. Dooku only Force Pushed Kenobi in the novel. If Force Pushes count as a ragdoll, then Anakin ragdolled Dooku.

No Caption Provided

Now, onto other arguments.

@richard96:

Dooku attack was too sudden cause because he was faster.

And because he caught Kenobi off balance. Kenobi actually tried to counter Dooku, but was already being choked. He thus couldn't counter Dooku. It wasn't a fair choke.

Dooku also happens to be faster than maul

When Maul has better speed feats? How funny. A considerably rage amped Dooku keeping a bit of pace with Yoda means nothing. What does Dooku have on this?

He ran five times faster than the average peak human can (the speed of the average man being 10-15 mph, Maul ran from 50 to 75 mph, or 80 kph to 120 kph)

But there was an even quicker way to overtake them. He called upon the Force, moving easily five times faster than a human could travel at a dead run. There was no way they could escape him now.

Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter

Forming a web, vortex of energy and shield.

He pressed the attack viciously, blocking and thrusting, the twin radiant blades spinning a web of light about him.

But they did not prevent her from deflecting his strikes as he again moved within range, his twin blades spinning so fast they seemed to merge into a crimson shield.

The space around Maul became a whirling vortex of energy as he spun his dual-bladed lightsabre - traditionally used as a device - and launched a fierce attack on the two Jedi.

Star Wars Fact File 001

Dodges a freight train coming at 100+ kph. Even the best atheletes in the galaxy would have been crushed.

Maul looked up to see a driverless freight transport bearing down on him at better than one hundred kilometers an hour. Anyone else, even a trained athlete raised in a heavier gravity field, would have been crushed to paste. But Maul seized the Force, let it whip him up and to the side as if he were attached to a giant elastic band. The metal behemoth missed him by millimeters.

Moves too fast for normal speeds of holorecordings to even percieve a blur, with the recordings having to be watched in slow motion to even see anything.

When he was satisfied that he had committed the results of his reconnaissance to memory, he shrugged out of his cloak and leapt straight up over the fence, landing precisely where some of the rocks he had tossed rested. Then he sprang to a series of other sites that ultimately carried him to the wall of the principal building, moving with such speed the entire time that whatever holorecordings were being made wouldn't show him unless they were played in slow motion.

Episode I Adventures: The Fury of Darth Maul

Moves faster than a droid can even see. Not a human, but a droid, who has photoreceptors and the like.

Maul leaped aside, moving faster than the droid's photoreceptor could follow.

A droid that can move in blurs was percieved in slow motion by Maul.

The needle point flickered toward Maul's heart, almost too fast to see. The dark side blossomed in Darth Maul, the power of it resonating in him like black lightning, augmenting his years of training, guiding his reactions. Time seemed to slow, to stretch.

Can take four or five beings out in the flicker of an eyelash.

The Raiders shake their gaderffii and begin to surround me. There are just too many of them. I can take out four or five in the flicker of an eyelash, but that will just infuriate the rest. Frustration boils inside me. These interruptions deflect me from my mission.

Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

Makes short work of multiple Battle Droid squads (a squad is made up of eight droids) while deflecting blaster bolts from the other squads as he dismembered one of the squads.

Calling his long lightsaber to his hand, he made short work of the squad, decapitating them with his blade or exploding them by deflecting blaster bolts back at them. The brief altercation drew several more patrols, the members of which he similarly dismembered.

End Game

Carves through 20 meters worth of Gungans while dodging spears and energy lances.

Some of the Gungan riders saw him coming and took aim. Maul twisted his body, either evading flights of energy lances and spheres or fending them off with the lightsaber. Letting go of the STAP when he was still twenty meters from Ganne and the general, he called on the Force to send himself tearing through a score of mounted Gungans. It was clear that they had never seen anything like him. But then, who had? What Sith in the past thousand years had been allowed to wield a lightsaber in open battle? Was that in itself not enough to qualify him as atrue Sith?

The rubbery Gungans all but disintegrated at the touch of the twin blades Maul had hoped to reserve for the Jedi. Their billed heads flew in all directions. His slashes halved them down the middle or through the midsection, and they squawked as they died. Their nostrils flared and their eyes bulged from their heads, and the white sand beach grew puddled with their blood. Maul maneuvered closer to Ganne, cutting the legs out from under the Gungans’ mounts or impaling them on his lightsaber. He launched himself into the air when he was still five meters from the Boss and the general. The latter lost his head to one of the blades, and Ganne was knocked from his mount by Maul’s extended left hand.

End Game

Maul rigs a ship to explode, then tries to flee. He bumps into a guy, then slashes him a thousand times. This was done in a brief period of time, considering the ship was going to explode soon. And Maul had a fresh leg injury here.

My rage is a torrent, a burning river. I leap, twist, keeping my weight on my good leg. My lightsaber is part of my body now, merciless, hard, cruel. I dance around him, slicing his arms, chest, shoulders. I want a thousand cuts to kill him. He falls facedown without a cry.

I leap over his body and up the ramp. My leg wound screams in protest but I do not limp. I steel myself against the pain, disciplining my mind against it. I won't attend to it until I am safely away from this ship and have landed on Tatooine.

Then I hear the warm-up of the preliminary ignition of the freighter. I start my engines and activate departure procedures. A warning light tells me that the hatch will not close.

Episode I Journal: Darth Maul

Yeah. Just because Dooku is faster than Kenobi doesn't mean he's faster than TPM Maul who has better speed feats than Dooku.

Dooku can still choke maul due to superior speed.

Maul is faster than Dooku; how can Dooku choke Maul due to superior speed.

Against mighella, Maul clearly didn't know how to counter lighting, given the lack of knowledge in the force was attested as his weakness.

Maul thought she was unarmed, and subsequently caught off guard. Given AOTC Kenobi, someone canonically one tier below Maul, casually parried Dooku's Lightning, I don't see why Maul can't parry Dooku's Lightning. Honestly, Maul should do it with ease.

When dooku shot lighting at aotc kenobi, he was smiling and mocking and he was arguably toying .

No he wasn't. Stop making things up to favor Dooku. A tier 7 can casually parry his Lightning. Accept it.Maul, a tier 8, will do it. Easier.

It is hard to say that lighting was at maximum power, given even yoda could not parry his lighting with ease.

That's exactly what he did. Parry Dooku's Lightning with ease, once he got a good measure of it.

On Geonosis, Yoda's easy parrying and, indeed, handling of the Sith lightning Dooku hurled at him had come as a surprise.

Labyrinth of Evil

Yoda only had mid difficulty deflecting Dooku's Lightning when he didn't know what to expect. This is indicated by the fact that he's more settled and deflected it with more ease than before, now that he knew what to expect. And Yoda easily parried Dooku's Lightning while holding back to a massivedegree.Given Yoda's proximity to someone who easily curbstomped Dooku via hologram, Yoda could have easily thrashed Dooku with the Force.

Besides, Dooku enjoys dueling and he wanted probably to see what kenobi was able to do in a saber fight .

More baseless assumptions to protect your favorite character. How nice. Honestly, I'm tired of debunking Dooku to death. But I have to do it. I don't like fanwankery.

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesithmaster: sorry, but that argument is silly. Several guidebooks say Dooku ragdolled him, so does the ROTS Novelization. He can and nothing dissaproves that notion.