• 58 results
sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

ROTS Sidious vs a different Jedi team consisting of Dark Woman, Anakin (Zonakin), Obi Wan, and Quinlon Vos

Legends versions only.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Sidious in the fight of his life. Dark Woman and Quin are fodder and will go down like Tiin/Kolar. Then it's Sidious vs Anakin and Obi-Wan and despite Anakin being able to put up a good fight on his own Obi-Wan can be Force oneshotted so it's not going to make that much of a difference.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious. Anyone from the teams sans Anakin gets either ragdolled, one-shotted, or blitzed.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AlphaQ

Does Sidious get to create a confusion haze/use TP before the fight starts like he did against the original strike team?

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legends or Canon?

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious, good fight tho.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrain?

@wut does terrain even matter though cause they got the legend obi on their side? XD

In all seriousness, is sidious drawing his feats from legends or canon? ROTS fits under both so.....

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

reactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious could win if he applies trickery or aims to psychologically unbalance the team, but in a straight up fight he dies.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq:

Ehh, he only got the chance due to Tiin being an Iktochi and his species being gifted in telepathy. But Sidious' dismantling of Maul is enough to prove he can one-shot them in normal circumstances anyway.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilius:

Why? Kolar got one-shotted and we all know Vos is definitely inferior to Kolar, and Dark Woman... well.

Then it's Sidious vs Anakin+Kenobi where the team likely wins in a duel but loses in all-out due to Kenobi being completely unable to defend himself against a Force attack from Sidious.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-sith123:

Oops didn't realize this was Legends Vos. Yeah I guess Sidious has a chance then. I personally think Anakin and Kenobi alone can take him. I don't think it's a simple thing to subdue Kenobi with the Force and fend off Anakin at the same time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sidious could lose.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-sith123: Vos in Legends beaten a powerful Sith Lord and also beat Bulq against all odds. He was better than Canon Vos who needed Ventress help to beat Dooku.

Grinningf0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Grinningf0x

Team

majinn4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If its legends then I give it to Sidius after a good fight. Switch out Darkwoman for maybe Yoda or Windu and it could even be a win for the team.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kilius:

I personally think Anakin and Kenobi alone can take him.

Seeing how Maul utterly stomped him at best a year before Revenge of the Sith and how Dooku shoved him with a whipcrack of power while the Count while being faced by a less powerful Anakin, I don't see how Kenobi can survive a Force attack.

I don't think it's a simple thing to subdue Kenobi with the Force and fend off Anakin at the same time.

Sidious should be able to keep Anakin at bay, and he could just spam Lightning while not holding back any of his power which could overwhelm Kenobi given Mace's own heavy struggle and inability to deflect it for a protracted period of time. And if Dooku shoved him with a mere whipcrack of power it's not hard for Sidious to cripple Kenobi with a push mid fight. Or a Force blast directed at both- maybe even Anakin would be sent flying backwards never mind poor Kenobi.

In the end I don't see Kenobi even with Anakin withstanding a Force attack from Sidious.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: There it is! XD

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq:

Ehh, he only got the chance due to Tiin being an Iktochi and his species being gifted in telepathy. But Sidious' dismantling of Maul is enough to prove he can one-shot them in normal circumstances anyway.

I believe that it was stated somewhere that he used a dark side haze to slow their reactions, not just Tiin. I'll see if I can find it.

AlphaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlphaQ

@dark-sith123: Here we go.

When Mace Windu led a team of Jedi Masters to apprehend Darth Sidious, none of them expected to face the power of the Sith Lord. His innocent appearance as Chancellor Palpatine, along with an application of a concentrated dark side confusion haze, enabled Darth Sidious to take down Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, and Saesee Tiin.

Source: Lightsabers: A Guide to the Weapons of the Force

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphaq:

Ah.

Well, that's a good telepathy-ish feat for Sidious. I fail to comprehend how his appearance was of much relevance, however, since they knew the Chancellor was a Sith.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Obi Wan actor. He sold those films.

noah_ouellette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like. It’s legends everyone. So kenobi isn’t getting oneshotted by force attacks anymore. So team wins. Definitely comes down to kenobi and anakin though.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sidious.

But yes, Kenobi with the high ground can beat GM Luke and DE Sidious at once.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0
deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Legends: Team

killbilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 killbilly  Moderator

Sidious in an extremely tough bout.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dark-sith123: Dooku shoved him with a whipcrack of power that he had gathered beforehand. It doesn't make sense that the Count could effortlessly dispose of someone who is proximate to him in skill and power.

Kilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kilius

@shootingnova:

I'm sure Kenobi could have defended against the blast if he wasn't committed to parrying Dooku's lightsaber strikes. While most people seem to accept that Force shields are mentally automatic and require no physical stance whatsoever, the only instances I've seen of people successfully deflecting such attacks are when they clearly using their arms to absorb or deflect the attack. I don't know if he can conjure a shield strong enough to defend against a fully committed Sidious; the speed and proficiency of his attacks are a more difficult issue for him to circumvent, but I'm sure Kenobi can deflect Dooku and Maul level attacks if he reacts in time, its just most the time the attacks are opportune openings when he doesn't have time to form the proper defense.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShootingNova

@kilius: You're right. They're on the same level so it's predominately by exploiting lapses in his Force defences that Dooku and Maul can choke him. Otherwise it doesn't make sense.

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By LordOfTheLight

People still assume that force users are protected by a "force sphere" all the time and that they have properly raised their defenses every single instant they are in combat. It would honestly be funny if it didn't grow so tedious so soon.

Anyways Obi Wan is on par with the likes of Dooku, roughly, in power and there is a pretty simple way to quantify it.

Obi Wan has defended against Dooku's force attack, with similar success as S6 Anakin has done. He was staggered back only a step or two, and Anakin too was staggered by the same distance.

So, just double the effect on Obi Wan if Dooku's power was focused on him alone. That still leads him to being staggered back a few steps only. Which means that Obi Wan is more or less on the same range or overall level as Dooku is when it comes to the force by S6 of TCW here.

Also that is the only time we see Obi Wan put up an actual force defense against Dooku or Maul and it worked pretty well. This is ignoring the fact that while defending, you naturally use lesser energy than while attacking so force defenses aren't a measure of how well you will perform offensively. Regardless Obi Wan can defend himself just fine against the likes of Dooku or Maul.

That is around 10 months before ROTS and it is evident that Obi Wan grows by a pretty high extent during the outer rim sieges till their duel on the Invisible Hand and while it is possible to make the case that Dooku grew too( based on logical speculation), it certainly is nowhere close to Obi Wan's growth. It is literally confirmed that Dooku caught him off guard when he choked him. Despite the fact that the act drained him to a significant extent.

There is literally no case to be made for Obi Wan to not be similar to Dooku or Maul in the force unless we go by the utterly wrong assumption( one that has been decisively proved wrong) that force users have their shields up all the time, and when we ignore the pretty obvious fact that almost every single instance of force defense in the PT era is based on hand gestures and the fact that the material has established that pretty firmly.

Which could be an assumption that some are willing to make, but one that much like the ridiculous notion of Obi Wan being stomped by Maul or Dooku that arises from this assumption doesn't have a shred of credibility to it.

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anakin can't carry his team. Sidious wins.

No Caption Provided

LordOfTheLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On topic, Sidious wins yeah. Even if they are more powerful collectively, Sidious is still more skilled and masterful in all important and areas with the blade and the force to be able to defeat them.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

I don't think the Count could effortlessly dismiss Kenobi but he is clearly more powerful than Kenobi by a solid margin. He still shoved him, and nothing indicates Kenobi could do it back or is actually close to Dooku in power. In skill, yes, but Force-wise Dooku always was demonstrably Kenobi's superior.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ShootingNova

@dark-sith123: There's at least two reasons to assume Obi-Wan is close to Dooku in raw power. One being that Dooku has only ever dismissed Kenobi by catching him off-guard or gathering power before hand. When he tried attacking ad hoc and Obi-Wan was able to defend (see TCW S6), Kenobi blocked the attack just fine. The RotS junior novel implies that Obi-Wan could've defended against Dooku's Choke if not for the suddenness of it. The other is that there's a very strong correlation between lightsaber aptitude and one's strength in the Force. Given that Obi-Wan is known to be on the same level as the Count as a swordsman despite being decades less practiced it would seem an obvious conclusion that he's also comparable to Tyranus with respect to his strength in the Force as well.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vos is prime? The guy beat Dooku. Here there is even zonakin, who Gillard confirmed to be the best duelist as of ROTS. Sidious dies.

Umm, what?

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96 said:

Vos is prime? The guy beat Dooku. Here there is even zonakin, who Gillard confirmed to be the best duelist as of ROTS. Sidious dies.

Umm, what?

That's Canon, Vos never defeated Dooku in Legends. First post says Legends only.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: Is that before or after Dooku killed Ventress with a single bolt of lightning? I haven't read the novel, but I know that Dooku repeatedly ragdolls both Quinlan and Ventress, so unless the Count was badly wounded that shouldn't have happened.

On-topic: Sidious. Zonakin and Obi-Wan are the only ones who would pose a significant threat, and only one of those two isn't getting ragdolled. Sidious can take Zonakin, but in a great fight.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@richard96: Sounds interesting. I'll see if I can pick it up somewhere.

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penguinlover:

Obi-Wan are the only ones who would pose a significant threat,

How exactly is Obi-Wan posing a "significant" threat to Sidious?

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-sith123: In terms of duelling ability he's able to keep up with Sidious while Zonakin attracts most of his attention. Alone, he'd be little better than the others.