Darth Sidious runs the Nintendo Dark Lord Gauntlet

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How far does the Dark Lord of the Sith get in facing Nintendo's shadowy villains?

The challenger:

No Caption Provided

Round 1: Darkrai

No Caption Provided

Round 2: Grima, the Fell Dragon

No Caption Provided

Round 3: Calamity Ganon

No Caption Provided

Round 4: Hades

No Caption Provided

Round 5: Dark Samus

No Caption Provided

Round 6: Void Termina

No Caption Provided

Round 7: Dharkon

No Caption Provided

Rules:

Nintendo characters are in-character, and have canon feats. Darkrai is the version from Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky, but has feats from other appearances. Sidious is in his Legends prime and is in-character.

Victory when one side can not continue to fight in the near-future.

Standard gear and no prior knowledge.

Sidious runs the gauntlet three times:

Run 1: No telepathy, essence form/transfer/manipulation, life drain, or space-time manipulation.

Run 2: Telepathy and life-drain allowed, essence form/transfer/manipulation and space-time manipulation still banned.

Run 3: Everything goes.

Battles take place here: (no bystanders, including Kirby, start 500 meters apart)

No Caption Provided

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Someone give me Hades' feats.

From what I recall from him, Sheev might stop there. Or he might get to Dharkon.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkrai goes into the ground as a shadow like in the movie, and insta puts him to sleep gg

AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone give me Hades' feats.

From what I recall from him, Sheev might stop there. Or he might get to Dharkon.

IIRC, Hades apparently made Medusa from a bunch of souls and later tanked her punching off his head before one-shotting her. Medusa seems to be around Palutena's level, and Palutena can ragdoll flying islands with ease.

Also, what do you think of the order? I wasn't sure where to put Grima or Void Termina, and I decided against including Giygas, because of his odd nature (and Giygas doesn't really fit the theme, in my opinion)!

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity: giygas doesn't fit? How lol? I remember him seeming pretty freakin evil

AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: It's not that Giygas isn't a villain: I just didn't think Giygas fit the kind of archetype of being a "Dark Lord" kind of figure, but rather is more of a "motiveless annihilation" like Gorea from Metroid, but it's just my opinion. Of course, other characters like Dharkon and Void Termina kind of fall into that latter category, but they have "Dark Lord" as part of their titles/descriptions, so it's all subjective!

Also, I had no idea where to fit Giygas in the gauntlet, so there's that too!

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@amethystgravity: I feel like Hades should be above Dark Samus and Void Termina for some reason, lol.

But the order is fine enough. As for Sidious vs Hades, I'm tempted to still back Sheev.

Avatar image for captain_inverse
captain_inverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity: fair point. Giygas would be too much for most (key word) the gauntlet but he'd beat sidious IMO.

OT: he could make it pretty far going all out I'd give him the majority for most the gauntlet that I know of

AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_inverse: I don't know too much about the Mother series, so I was just going to put Giygas before Dharkon until I decided to drop him.

@wollfmyth209: I mainly put Dark Samus above Hades because of her versatile hax offenses/defenses, and Void Termina because he's a Kirby villain (and I hear the Kirby verse is kind of OP), but I could see Hades being higher!