Darth Revan vs. Darth Maul (read rules)

• 52 results
Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Force, here. Just lightsaber combat. We're using the EU version of both. I was just wondering if Revan was as amazing a lightsaber duelist as Maul.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan was pretty average, and maybe can even be said to be mediocre, at lightsaber combat; he was powerful because of his force abilities. Sorta like Galen Marek.

Without the force, Revan gets mauled.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Silver2467

Maul, handily.

EDIT: For the record, I wouldn't call Revan "mediocre" as a swordsman, just not quite in the same tier as someone like Maul.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Maul stomps.

Revan has little to no lightsaber feats. He beat Mandalore (... I guess that's cool), Darth Malak (no feats), and almost beat Vitiate (eh).

Revan was known as a great strategist and charismatic leader. Why people need him to be more than that is beyond me; that's badass enough.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JediXMan  Moderator

Crap, I just deleted my comment -_-

Whatever. Maul stomps. Won't bother re-writing the rest.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
@silver2467 said:

Maul, handily.

EDIT: For the record, I wouldn't call Revan "mediocre" as a swordsman, just not quite in the same tier as someone like Maul.

Aside from Vitiate, what people of note has Revan beaten in a lightsaber duel (don't care what anyone says: Vitiate was losing and would have lost)?

Beat Mandalore the Ultimate, Darth Malak, Darth Bandon, and (again) Vitiate. But none of those guys have any feats with which to measure him.

I guess the only good indicator is that Meetra is supposedly superior to him (something people keep forgetting).

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Mercy_
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JediXMan  Moderator
@mercy_ said:

@jedixman: Undeleted it for you

You can do that? Huh. Interesting.

Thanks. I just meant to edit it. I wish the site would ask before deleting, though.

@mercy_: You can do that?

I know. Surprised me, too.

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Revan was the most powerful Force user of his time in terms of Force and lightsaber fighting. And I also agree, JediXMan, people tend to want Revan to be next to Luke in terms of Force power and lightsaber fighting prowess when he's cool enough.

Now, I did think Maul would win this, but does Revan at least come close? Or does Maul stomp here?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JediXMan  Moderator
@edude117 said:

I thought Revan was the most powerful Force user of his time in terms of Force and lightsaber fighting. And I also agree, JediXMan, people tend to want Revan to be next to Luke in terms of Force power and lightsaber fighting prowess when he's cool enough.

Now, I did think Maul would win this, but does Revan at least come close? Or does Maul stomp here?

He's been called that. But he doesn't have any real feats to back it up.

Revan doesn't come close. Maul has him beat in most categories, except in terms of strategic skill and leadership abilities.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_: The unrivaled powers of modhood will never cease to mystify me.

@jedixman said:
@silver2467 said:

Maul, handily.

Aside from Vitiate, what people of note has Revan beaten in a lightsaber duel (don't care what anyone says: Vitiate was losing and would have lost)?

Beat Mandalore the Ultimate, Darth Malak, Darth Bandon, and (again) Vitiate. But none of those guys have any feats with which to measure him.

I guess the only good indicator is that Meetra is supposedly superior to him (something people keep forgetting).

To answer your question, no one really, but Revan does have some successes in fights, even if the characters he engaged are not among the most notable duelists themselves. But then again, if the characters Revan defeated were among the most notable duelists, we would consider him a more formidable character. The fact that he has little in way of top tier feats doesn't by itself make him low tier; it just makes him less than top tier, hence why I said I don't consider him mediocre but not in the tier of someone like Maul.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@edude117 said:

Revan doesn't come close. Maul has him beat in most categories, except in terms of strategic skill and leadership abilities.

And, if I'm correct, Force power.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JediXMan  Moderator

@mercy_: The unrivaled powers of modhood will never cease to mystify me.

@jedixman said:
@silver2467 said:

Maul, handily.

To answer your question, no one really, but Revan does have some successes in fights, even if the characters he engaged are not among the most notable duelists themselves. But then again, if the characters Revan defeated were among the most notable duelists, we would consider him a more formidable character. The fact that he has little in way of top tier feats doesn't by itself make him low tier; it just makes him less than top tier, hence why I said I don't consider him mediocre but not in the tier of someone like Maul.

Perhaps. Though I'd say he doesn't come close to most Jedi during the Clone Wars or NJO, or at least most notable Jedi.

I used to think so highly of Old Republic Jedi and Sith... *sigh* I almost miss those naive days...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JediXMan  Moderator

@edude117 said:

@jedixman said:

@edude117 said:

Debatable. They might be equals in that category.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dondave

Darth Maul

Edude117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@edude117 said:

@jedixman said:

@edude117 said:

Wow. Really? I thought Maul was pretty mediocre in terms of the Force. Didn't Sidious purposefully hide many secrets of the Force from Maul because he knew Maul wasn't "the one"?

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Perhaps. Though I'd say he doesn't come close to most Jedi during the Clone Wars or NJO, or at least most notable Jedi.

I used to think so highly of Old Republic Jedi and Sith... *sigh* I almost miss those naive days...

I agree with you on that.

You still can. They can be impressive in their own right.

@jedixman said:

In my opinion, it depends on which version of Maul.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

In my opinion, it depends on which version of Maul.

Fair enough. It'd say they're pretty close.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By ShootingNova

Oh, cripes. Maul stomps.

@jedixman: I'm pretty sure you can undelete your own comment, but I don't think you can do it after you actually submit it.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JediXMan  Moderator

Oh, cripes. Maul stomps.

@jedixman:I'm pretty sure you can undelete your own comment, but I don't think you can do it after you actually submit it.

Not as far as I know.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JediXMan  Moderator

Oh, cripes. Maul stomps.

@jedixman:I'm pretty sure you can undelete your own comment, but I don't think you can do it after you actually submit it.

Ah, now I know what you mean.

I don't know what I did. I think I hit "delete" and then accidentally clicked off. But I wasn't in that mode where I could choose "undelete."

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan. Greatest duelist of his age. Stomped Darth Malak the first time. Smacked around Mandalore the Ultimate, potentially the strongest Mandalorian in history. Effortlessly outstripped the Echani General Yusanis, who was at the height of the Echani Ritual Battle Techniques that enable them to perceive possible future outcomes w/o the Force and can potentially predict the path of entire wars.

Defeated all the instructors at the Sith Academy, Darth Bandon, and numerous other Mandalorians, Jedi and Sith through both the Mandalorian Wars and Jedi Civil War. And, according to Carth Onasi on Taris when Revan had no memory of his former identity nor his abilities in the Force, had the "Skills of an Elite Commando".

And what did it take to beat Revan on the Foundry? Four of the Most Powerful and Skilled individuals the Sith Empire has. Two of whom outrank everyone on the Dark Council, one being the Emperor's Wrath, the other the Heir of Kallig. And then Cipher 9, who is like James Bond, Agent 47 and the Phantom (Requiem for the Phantom. It's an anime) rolled into one. The last being the next Mandalore. All of whom have taken on and killed Jedi Masters and Sith Lords.

And this only done while Revan didn't even have much time to recover from 300yrs of mentally battling with the Sith Emperor.

Malak was one of the best fighters of his day. The first time he challenged Revan after Revan reprimanded him over bombarding Telos, Revan one-shotted him and removed Malak's jaw. Because that's how boss Revan ones. That he can drop you in one hit. Their final confrontation on the Star Forge was grueling if only because Revan's memories were still fragmented, and Malak was juiced up by the Star Forge's Dark Side Presence, and all of the Force Power he was stealing from a dozen captured Jedi that he used to rejuvenate himself.

And Revan still won.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You forgot the part about Ragnos.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ShootingNova
@reikai said:

Revan. Greatest duelist of his age. Stomped Darth Malak the first time. Smacked around Mandalore the Ultimate, potentially the strongest Mandalorian in history. Effortlessly outstripped the Echani General Yusanis, who was at the height of the Echani Ritual Battle Techniques that enable them to perceive possible future outcomes w/o the Force and can potentially predict the path of entire wars.

Defeated all the instructors at the Sith Academy, Darth Bandon, and numerous other Mandalorians, Jedi and Sith through both the Mandalorian Wars and Jedi Civil War. And, according to Carth Onasi on Taris when Revan had no memory of his former identity nor his abilities in the Force, had the "Skills of an Elite Commando".

And what did it take to beat Revan on the Foundry? Four of the Most Powerful and Skilled individuals the Sith Empire has. Two of whom outrank everyone on the Dark Council, one being the Emperor's Wrath, the other the Heir of Kallig. And then Cipher 9, who is like James Bond, Agent 47 and the Phantom (Requiem for the Phantom. It's an anime) rolled into one. The last being the next Mandalore. All of whom have taken on and killed Jedi Masters and Sith Lords.

And this only done while Revan didn't even have much time to recover from 300yrs of mentally battling with the Sith Emperor.

Malak was one of the best fighters of his day. The first time he challenged Revan after Revan reprimanded him over bombarding Telos, Revan one-shotted him and removed Malak's jaw. Because that's how boss Revan ones. That he can drop you in one hit. Their final confrontation on the Star Forge was grueling if only because Revan's memories were still fragmented, and Malak was juiced up by the Star Forge's Dark Side Presence, and all of the Force Power he was stealing from a dozen captured Jedi that he used to rejuvenate himself.

And Revan still won.

Oh, right, and also, Revan mastered all the powers of the Light and Dark Sides, stomped Yuthura Ban, and Uthar Wynn, was regarded as the "Heart of the Force", had a soul in which "the names of the Jedi he would slay were inscribed upon", potentially mastered all the lightsaber forms, redeemed Ajunta Pall, defeated Saul Karath, survived against Malak for twenty seconds aboard the Leviathan, beat Juhani, beat Darth Bandon, oh, and I think he also killed countless random Mandalorians and other thugs too. Revan ownz, and anybody who disagrees is an absolute NOOBZ!!!!!!!!

He also happened to get curbstomped by Vitiate's TP, was driven insane after those 300 years in which he was supported by Meetra, beat a bunch of featless no-namers, got cooked by Vitiate's Lightning Storm twice, and also got defeated by the Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent and Bounty Hunter of TOR long before they had reached their primes - and two of which weren't even Force-sensitive, got knocked unconscious by a landing crash, and I think we should mention is the most overrated SW character of all time, for all manner of absurd reasons. But I think none of that counts, because Revan is so badass and all, and everything I said above, and like, because, fanboyism beats logic and evidence.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: You see, there's a difference. Some of us actually apply the Story. While those like yourself, just look to incite flamewars. I look at everything with the story in mind. You only look in one arbitrary direction.

But let's look at this another way. No Force abilities. No Force. Which Jedi/Sith in the entire history of the SWU have ever fought or done anything without the backing of the Force in some manner? Two people. Two. Both being Revan and Meetra Surik. Revan who had his memories erased and skills removed. Meetra who was severed from the Force. Both of whom learned to fight and adapt against Force Users even when they weren't tapping it.

Scratch. Three people. Kreia went a while without the Force. But that was by Choice.

Force us used for everything from cognitive functions, Precognotion, Reflexes, enhanced perceptions. Everything. Maul has never been cut off from the Force, nor ever had to fight without its support. Revan has and Meetra has. Maul was a good duelist for his time. Revan was The Best of his era. It is not arbitrary fanboyism, it is a Fact of the Lore that is given to us.

Yusanis was Kreia's husband and the father of Brianna, the Last Handmaiden. Mandalore the Ultimate has feats. He has faced down Jedi, and many Jedi were caught by Mandalorians during the war. Anyone who read the KotoR comics would know this. He also had weapons that could block lightsabers, so he clearly wasn't defenseless.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShootingNova

@reikai: No. There is no flamewar to be incited in the first place. And there's no "story application". You've just been using up titles and descriptions with hardly any regard to feats. You've learnt nothing.

The truth is, and you know it, that this forum regards feats, and feats only, with the exception of third-person-omniscient-narrative descriptions (Revan has never been critically acclaimed by an omniscient writer save for Karpyshynn). You've already been set straight but you ignore it, and you continue to mess around here for the purpose of insulting other people, namely Silver, DC, JXM, and myself. How many people has Revan defeated that are featless? We'll see - Malak, Mandalore the Ultimate, Juhani, Bandon, Bastila Shan, Saul Karath, and so on. About all the people that you keep mentioning in every Revan thread. To clarify, beating no-namers, other featless beings or having praise from anybody is not a feat. That is why, Malak, Mandalore the Ultimate and the likes are not as grand as one might make them out to be, at least in these forums.

Beyond that, you should know that titles and descriptions can contain bias, red herrings, conjecture, hyperbole and the likes, unless the omniscient writer is the one producing those descriptions.

The reality is that when it comes to Revan matched against non-featless enemies (Vitiate, the four Imperial protagonists of TOR), he has been defeated. It's as simple as it can get.

Revan has strengths, and they lie in tactical strategy and leadership, of which he is actually noted for. True, he has feats in combat, but we can regard all his feats from the Revan novel, possibly the meteor feat from TOR, his loss in TOR and any feats that come from the comics (which aren't many). Admittedly, his healing feat in novel is impressive, his TK feats are impressive, his Tutaminis feat is impressive, and his Force deflection/redirection feat is impressive. The issue is that his saber combat skills are not. Defeating all those people - it could have easily been, and in fact, likely would have been, the result of Force powers in conjunction with saber combat. And they are still featless.

And for the record, Revan never had his Force abilities suppressed, either. Being mind-wiped doesn't remove the Force from you, until there is a source that states so. The Father mind-wiped Anakin, nothing happened. The same has occurred throughout SW history, and not once were mind-wiped beings suddenly stripped from the Force. The only way to have your Force powers actually removed is by either an extreme version of Drain, or Sever Force.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its funny, I just finished downloading KoTOR just now. Nostalgia time.

For that reason alone Revan wins! If I was controlling him.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul easily.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pipxeroth

Maul without much trouble.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bump!

I know it's an old post so you might have learnt this.. but Maul actually has an entire novel where he's essentially pitted into prison fights where he isn't allowed to use the force (or his saberstaff), at all. And he displays pretty advanced, if a bit brutal, hand-to-hand skills in it. I'd hedge a bet and say that Maul has even better non-force feats than most Star Wars characters.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShootingNova

Maul mauls Revan.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Except Maul was never cut off from the Force or made to forget everything he was ever taught about it. He was just forbidden to use it in any outward way. It never meant he wasn't still relying on it for speed, reflexes and perception since it'd be an almost unconscious reaction after years of using it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: I dont really buy that. The whole book is centered around him resisting allowing the dark side to aid him in any way. Where in other books his force senses have been described in great detail, in this one it talks about how well he can see in the dark.

He basically had to resist using the force in any way, which is even harder than being disconnected from it.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Resisting the temptation to use it isn't the same as being Completely Severed from the Force. Meetra was Severed from the Force, and Revan's memories and Identity were erased, broken and sealed by the Entire Jedi Council. It's not the same thing with Maul.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Well whats the difference then? Because there was no indication anywhere that while Maul was killing a Wampa with his bare hands, he was tapping into the force in any way. Even unconsciously. If he started performing blatant superhuman feats on camera for millions to see, someone would suss him out as a force user, thus jeopardising the Grand Plan of the Sith Maul was so determined to set in motion.

Basically what im saying is Maul has fought numerous times with no force enhancements. In fact, the very fighting style he mastered (Teras Kasi), was originally used by non-force sensitives to fight Jedi. Maul is just as lethal with his body as he is with his lightsaber, and is even still formidable without the force. Im sure he has Revans number here.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: They didn't need to be explicitly stated. And Zabrak are tougher than humans anyway. What he did was literally no different when Obi-Wan was passing himself off as a Bounty Hunter in order to stop yet another assassination attempt. The difference is Meetra and Revan Couldn't have used the Force, at all in any way.

Maul still could and whether he consciously used it or not he still had access and was drawing on it. It doesn't require any specific statement saying he did at any given instance because it's subconscious and automatic. Struggling not to use something isn't the same as literally not having it to use.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: You're just speculating at this point. So despite the fact its mentioned nunerous times "You must not draw on the dark side in any way" and then after that its never again mentioned, we're all to assune he was using it any way?

Is that why his force senses or danger sense didnt once alert him of anything that is blatantly dangerous to him? Is that why he got hit by attacks he could normally avoid easily? Is that why once he gets to use the dark side again its the most amazing thing for Maul, as if hasnt used it before in his life?

Oh and btw.. Maul wasnt fighting humans. He was being placed in match ups designed to kill him with various predators from around the galaxy. Hell in one fight he has to fight an Aqualish while drowning and still manages. And he had to do it with his bare hands.

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai

Revan was never cut off from force. It is not stated anywhere. Losing memory may not affect one's skill because skill lies in a subconscious level. Tell me what he has done without using force that is impressive?

I'm not sure if OP meant just no offensive force abilities or no force at all.

PS:How many of you will agree with me when I say Darth Maul can beat even Sidious without force.

DarkDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DarkDefender

Maul mauls. I'm sorry that was terrible. T-T

While versatile Revan is generally inferior to Maul in all areas besides tactical skill and leadership as has been mentioned by Silver and Jedi also Revan has better force knowledge but Maul has greater raw ability so generally Maul takes it though it's possible Revan could gain the advantage over him with his lightning or life drain. Maul 8/10.

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silvanus: Beat Sidious if they didn't use the Force? What?

Loading Video...

Sidious played with them. Played. He was never stressed or pushed at any point in the entire fight.

Even after the death of Savage when he called upon his rage, he was still overpowered easily by Sidious using his saber. Once he overpowered him, and only once he overpowered him, did he start to ragdoll him. Again.

Maul wouldn't stand a chance against Sidious. Force or No.

DarkDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ShootingNova

In a purely lightsaber-oriented duel, then Maul wins every time.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By okayalright_44

Maul.

And LOL at someone implying Maul and Savage where getting an advantage on Sidious. As per sources like Filoni, Shadow Conspiracy,and the episode itself; Sidious was enjoying himself, ragdolling them in the Force, besting them saber skill, speed(fighting at speeds to make Maul see nothing but a blurring cage of light) and toying with Maul and Savage effortlessly, throughout the entire duel.

Maul comes no where near Sidious

silvanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without force, I meant no precog, speed, strength and stamina amp. No force at all.

Sword-dude1066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Revan would probably win in a sabers only duel. Both Maul and Revan are impressive duelist, though i think Revan is better and here is why:

Revan mastered Form 6/ Niman, Dun Moch, Jar Kai, and mastered or nearly mastered Form V/ Shien, Form IV/ Ataru, and telekinetic lightsaber combat. He is also skilled in all other forms of the 7 main forms of lightsaber combat, as well as skilled in some more unorthodox forms like trekata which he learned from Kreia. Revan has mastered martial art forms outside of lightsaber combat, most notably the Mandalorian Arts and the Echani Arts (Should be noted he was the greatest master of the Echani's way of fighting), these are martial art forms of two of the best warrior cultures in a GALAXY! Lastly, Revan is a war veteran who has fought through three different galactic wars, to survive a battle one has to be very alert, having knowledge of the surrounding environment. In terms of his reputation, Revan was said to be one of or the best warrior of the age in the galaxy by the Jedi, Sith, Mandalorians, Echani, Cathar, and the Rakata, these are some great warrior cultures in a galaxy's worth of cultures, when that many people who know what they're talking about are saying a dude is an incredibly skilled, that dude is probably pretty good. In terms of feats Revan has some pretty impressive ones, he is said to have fought and slaughtered armies of Echani warriors, he defeated the greatest Echani warrior at the time (General Yusanis), and he also fought plenty of Mandalorians including Mandalore the Ultimate, one of the greatest Mandalorian warriors and the greatest Mandalore in history. One of his most impressive feats s his battle on the Star Forge, Revan managed to fight legions of battle droids created by the Star Forge that Malak believed would stop any Jedi, he then had to fight his way through hundreds of probably the best Sith Troopers and Dark Jedi in the empire. After this he fought and defeated Bastila Shan without killing her (Should be noted that Bastila is one the more powerful and impressive Jedi/Sith at this time in a galaxy full of them). AS if this wasn't enough, after all the previous fights which had lasted over an hour Revan went on to fight another group of droids, this time they were made of pure dark side energy and Malak figured they would prove too much even for Revan; Revan then fought Darth Malak who had been sitting and preparing for Revan, he had also decided to make a mega force steroids cocktail to amp himself up, Revan and Malak then clashed in big duel where Revan ended up the victor. Malak was one of the greatest duelist of the day, a master of Juyo which is the hardest forms to master, and to master it you have to master a couple lightsaber forms first. Malak who was amping himself, preparing himself, and letting Revan tire himself out still ended up losing to Revan. Revan was also a cunning strategist and tactician, Kenobi managed to defeat Maul with his cunning by taking advantage of Maul's arrogance and rage, Revan could do the same, probably even better as he is an even greater strategist than Kenobi, and also has the benefit of being the greatest master of Battle Precognition. I think Revan would ultimately win as he is smarter than Maul, more knowledgable than Maul, more experience, better accolades, and lastly better feats in my personal opinion. Maul is also not bringing anything new to the table, Revan has faced juyo practicioners and the Saber Staff. Overall, i would say Revan wins 7.5/10, Maul is still a vey skilled duelist who has a small chance at victory, all of this is just my opinion though.

Sword-dude1066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: No offense, but that is flawed logic. If featless characters don't count, then how are any feats replicable? Every feat eventually comes back to featless individuals, and it usually doesn't take long to get there. Furthermore, how is beating the featless a low feat? Slugging around meteors, or dragging around a starship is still a good feat for force wielders, and yet the meteors and the starship are both featless, so how can these be good feats? The answer is that there has to be room to speculate, to interpret, we know meteors or a big starship aren't exactly light, we also know that the Dark Jedi Revan beat are one of the elite warrior groups in the Sith Empire, they would be comparable to the Delta Force of the U.S. military, or the Varangian Guard of the Scandinavians in the Viking Age, or the Knights in Medieval Europe we can speculate and say they were still a serious threat and very skilled combatants. We also have to go through more than just feats because feats depend entirely on the story and storytellers, so if a character has more stories about them they will have more feats, this can be easily seen with Luke Skywalker from the EU, he has probably the most feats and some of the best out of all the characters in Star Wars, well like a third of all Star Wars Legends novels are about him or have him in them. Feats are also very much circumstantial and specific to the time they were used, a force wielder might not be able to replicate certain feats they did in the past because of an unseen variable. Feats can't tell us who is going to win a fight, they can only help to paint the picture that is the possible and/or probable outcome.

Lastly, as a martial artist who trains in many forms of real sword fighting i can tell you that i would much rather face the best sword fighter in the world than 4 lightly skilled sword fighters at the same time. Anyone who knows anything about fighting can tell you that facing multiple opponents at once is an incredibly difficult task, there are a couple techniques to handle multiple opponents, but most of them pretty much take on the philosophy of "i'm going to take a few of you with me". There was a Chinese general who at one point said that, "you can train 20 years with your sword, or you can just be an angry farmer with a pitch fork" What he means here is that strength in numbers has always been sought after, why do you think there are so many famous battles where the victor was outnumbered but still managed to win? It's because being outnumbered sucks, and you are not likely to survive it unless you are incredibly skilled and intelligent and also have the added benefit of luck playing out on your side. This would still apply in the Star Wars universe even with force wielders, things like force speed, enhancement, augmentation, precognition, etc; these things can really help you in a fight, but they won't win it for you, skill and thinking will do that. While the force would take the amount of people you can fight at once up a bit, there is still an amount of opponents you can't handle. Maul could probably take on 10 average Jedi without heavy force use, but anymore than that and he would start to have problems.