#1 Edited by Necromancer76 (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

All conditions are standard (neutral ground, prep, prior knowledge, gear, versions, etc.)

Who wins this battle: a master of the Force or a master with a lightsaber?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#3 Edited by darthbane77 (2106 posts) - - Show Bio

Venamis' ability to contend as well as he did against Plagueis, and Plagueis' status as the most powerful Sith have lived up to that point, should place Venamis above Nihilus almost by default. Unless Plagueis was, at the time, still so pre-prime that said scaling doesn't kick in yet, in which case, Nihilus wins.

#4 Edited by Dawn_of_Ages (2396 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthbane77: Yeah, it's unlikely that Plagueis had surpassed Tenebrous during the former's duel with Venamis imo.

#5 Posted by Grinningf0x (1467 posts) - - Show Bio

I’d back Venamis but mostly for nostalgia

#6 Edited by KeenCraft (741 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going against the grain and saying Nihilus. I can't rely on maybes' because being on the losing end of a duel with pre prime Plagueis isn't enough for me.

And pressing two saber wielders at once all while deflecting barrages of repeating blaster fire from a legendary (for non Force sensitive) soldier after weakening himself a bit, should mean he has enough skill to contend up close if it turns into a battle of attrition with Venamis.

#7 Posted by Richard96 (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

Venamis.

#8 Posted by darthbane77 (2106 posts) - - Show Bio

@dawn_of_ages: Possibly. I wasn't positive, since the duel with Venamis did take place quite a long time after Tenebrous' death. So I wasn't exactly sure of the level of growth Plagueis had underwent in that time.

#9 Posted by xolthol (930 posts) - - Show Bio

Nihilius... Venamis isn't so impressive.

#10 Posted by Kilius (1569 posts) - - Show Bio

@dawn_of_ages: Possibly. I wasn't positive, since the duel with Venamis did take place quite a long time after Tenebrous' death. So I wasn't exactly sure of the level of growth Plagueis had underwent in that time.

@darthbane77: Yeah, it's unlikely that Plagueis had surpassed Tenebrous during the former's duel with Venamis imo.

I don't know anything about Nihilus other than that he was a No-Face rip-off, but I've always been under the impression Venamis was close his prime and near Tenebrous's level combatively. I'm just speculating of course but Venamis was already looking for apprentices of his own, which is a good sign he was getting ready to make a claim for the title of Dark Lord of the Sith.

And Plagueis had already had his powers amplified by Tenebrous's death at this point. He would undergo another application later when his midiclorian count increased, but his Canted Circle feats should absolutely apply to the Plagueis Venamis fought; keep in mind his atomizing feats were done when Plagueis was critically injured and near death. Plagueis would obviously be able to more easily call on the Force and exeed those feats when he fought Venamis, and the bith was able to give him a fierce fight.

#11 Posted by dark-sith123 (4870 posts) - - Show Bio

Venamis.

#12 Edited by Erkan12 (8359 posts) - - Show Bio

Worse for Nihilus, Tenebrous had made Venamis an expert in lightsaber combat, and so the Bith could not only anticipate but counter Nihilus's every move.

Venamis wins.

#13 Edited by KeenCraft (741 posts) - - Show Bio

@kilius: That mf was creepy as hell when I first watched that movie at around 5 or 6 years old.

#14 Posted by KeenCraft (741 posts) - - Show Bio

I changed my mind, Bile-lus gets his little mask torn off and dies

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4df01082e4b
#15 Edited by deactivated-5c4df01082e4b (340 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Vitisid (1199 posts) - - Show Bio

Venamis.

#17 Posted by Necromancer76 (3769 posts) - - Show Bio

@worstdebater: You ever just think to yourself how savage Darth Vader is

#18 Posted by Discipulus (511 posts) - - Show Bio

I've never been too impressed by Nihilus. I think Venamis cuts him down before he can make a move.

#19 Edited by KillBilly (1763 posts) - - Show Bio

Nihilus.

#20 Posted by RedHeathen (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm against some of you guys, surprise. Nihilus takes this via the Force. You are overrating Venamis.

#21 Posted by TJTheDuelist (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Nihilus crushes Venamis like a bug. They aren't even in the same tier.

#22 Posted by ElSebbe (319 posts) - - Show Bio

Venamis.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
#23 Posted by In-sidiousvader (2421 posts) - - Show Bio

Venamis better in every way and dueling oriented and Nihlus is ancrappy duelist soooo...

#24 Posted by DarthSajin (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Venamis wins through scaling, and his ability to fight Darth Plagueis is better than all Nihilus combat feats.

#25 Edited by the_wspanialy (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Venamis' inability to defeat pre-prime Plagueis, despite being trained specificaly to counter his every move and the fact that Plagueis was not an impressive duelist in the first place, speaks volumes of how pathetic Venamis is.

Nihilus eats.

#26 Edited by Dawn_of_Ages (2396 posts) - - Show Bio

So the one who trained Sidious, possibly the best duelist in the history of the Sith Order, doesn't count as an impressive duelist?

#27 Posted by JacenSolo77 (1218 posts) - - Show Bio

They both die via being pathetic.

#28 Posted by DarthExitium (28 posts) - - Show Bio

a good duelist vs a sith who could eat planets... Nihilus was killed by another wound in the force, because his body was devoured leaving an empty shell of his armor... what good would it do for Venamis to be a good duelist? chances are his lightsaber may not do very much damage. Not to mention Nihilus could drain him.

#29 Posted by KeenCraft (741 posts) - - Show Bio

They both die via being pathetic.

Changed my mind again ☝️☝️