• 168 results
Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2528 posts) 11 months, 30 days ago

Poll: Darth Maul VS Darth Malgus (Force Battle) (63 votes)

Darth Maul 40%
Darth Malgus 60%
No Caption Provided

Two of the greatest Sith warriors face off in a contest of power, who will prove the victor?

Rules:

• Legends only
  • Both combatants are at their prime
  • No prep or foreknowledge
  • Neither combatants have a lightsaber
  • All Force abilities are allowed, it's not restricted to mere Telekinesis
  • The fight takes place in the Petranaki arena and they start 20 meters from each other
#2 Posted by dark-sith123 (5034 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul.

#3 Posted by Richard96 (5824 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul

#4 Posted by WollfMyth209 (17032 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul is the more powerful telekinetic, I'd wager.

#5 Posted by KillBilly (2293 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul.

#6 Posted by Azronger (4334 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul one-shots.

#7 Posted by Kurk (355 posts) - - Show Bio

Both are trash. I side with Malgus as a TK user.

#8 Posted by RedHeathen (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

i voted maul, but now that i think about it, i'd like to see arguments comparing the two's feats. i think maul is stronger, but feats wise, does malgus have more and better than maul? i haven't read anything or played any games with malgus in them. my assumption is that maul > malgus based on what i've read others argue about malgus in the past, but i can't say based on first hand knowledge.

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
#9 Posted by In-sidiousvader (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate to go against my master but... Malgus. His False emperor variation merged with the darkside of the force and his powers are far more vast and combatively effective, he doesn't stomp Maul but Maul loses to the guy that merged with the darkside.

#10 Posted by CuckedCurry (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

Hard to say, really.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#11 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say they're pretty close when it comes to telekinesis. They both seem to have similar lifting capacities, but Maul tends to use telekinesis more creatively in battle whereas Malgus just lobs stuff at enemies pretty predictably. However, Malgus has what may be a huge advantage: Force Lightning. The only problem is that Maul has resisted Force Lightning on more than one occasion. I still believe that Malgus' lightning would be able to cripple Maul.

Considering how close they are, it probably just depends on who ends up being the most unpredictable and I think I'm gonna go with Maul on that one.

#12 Edited by Discipulus (763 posts) - - Show Bio

If we're taking FE Malgus as prime Malgus, I think he wins.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
#13 Posted by Greysentinel365 (6341 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul ragdolls. What is wrong with people?

#14 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

The guy who didn’t get his ass kicked by padawans wins

#15 Posted by In-sidiousvader (2536 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Erkan12 (8452 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#17 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2528 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by RedHeathen (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

Hate to go against my master but... Malgus. His False emperor variation merged with the darkside of the force and his powers are far more vast and combatively effective, he doesn't stomp Maul but Maul loses to the guy that merged with the darkside.

what do you mean merged with the dark side? is it the same as becoming one with the dark side? fully opened to the dark side? being the vessel of the dark side? being forged by the dark side? created by the dark side (this is off the mark, but it's something to do with the dark side killing the jedi order). ah...hmm. there are more dark side and maul hyperbole and accolades, but i don't have access to any of my books atm. thx for any help.

#19 Edited by RedHeathen (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117 said:

I'd say they're pretty close when it comes to telekinesis. They both seem to have similar lifting capacities, but Maul tends to use telekinesis more creatively in battle whereas Malgus just lobs stuff at enemies pretty predictably. However, Malgus has what may be a huge advantage: Force Lightning. The only problem is that Maul has resisted Force Lightning on more than one occasion. I still believe that Malgus' lightning would be able to cripple Maul.

Considering how close they are, it probably just depends on who ends up being the most unpredictable and I think I'm gonna go with Maul on that one.

in legends, there are two sources i can think of immediately that state maul could use lightning. one is a TCW magazine, and the other is TPM game. in the game, maul is the boss. he has red lightning. the only people i can remember off top of my head who used red lightning were GM Luke, The Son, and Tenebrous, all of whom are exceptionally strong in the Force. BTW, Maul is the boss fight and automatically has red lightning. it is not game mechanics as it is inherent to the character, and there is nothing in canon, old or new, that contradicts this.

as to the crippling effect of malgus' lightning on maul, do you think that his lightning is stronger than sidious' or dooku's? throughout maul's life, he was blasted by sidious, and we know he was hit by dooku, but that latter one is in canon. i doubt mighella's is that strong compared to them (although it is the same color), so i'm not including her.

#20 Edited by RedHeathen (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@georgewbush said:

The guy who didn’t get his ass kicked by padawans wins

And what padawans would that be?

#21 Posted by dark-sith123 (5034 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by RedHeathen (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen:

TPM Kenobi and Kanan, I suppose.

Ah! Yes. Their skills weren't better, but they still won.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
#23 Posted by echostarlord117 (5617 posts) - - Show Bio
@echostarlord117 said:

in legends, there are two sources i can think of immediately that state maul could use lightning. one is a TCW magazine, and the other is TPM game. in the game, maul is the boss. he has red lightning. the only people i can remember off top of my head who used red lightning were GM Luke, The Son, and Tenebrous, all of whom are exceptionally strong in the Force. BTW, Maul is the boss fight and automatically has red lightning. it is not game mechanics as it is inherent to the character, and there is nothing in canon, old or new, that contradicts this.

Pretty much every Star Wars game contradicts established canon in one way or another, whether it be Legends canon or the main canon. Games aren't the best sources.

As for the TCW magazine, I'd like to see a scan of that. As far as I know, Maul has never used Force Lightning.

as to the crippling effect of malgus' lightning on maul, do you think that his lightning is stronger than sidious' or dooku's?

No? It doesn't need to be, though. First off, if Palpatine truly wanted to, he could've turned Maul to ash any day of the week. The only reason he has ever survived being shocked by Sidious is because the latter allowed for it. Second off, while I think Dooku is superior when it comes to Force Lightning, I wager that Malgus isn't too far behind. At the end of the day, lightning is lightning and Maul would be hurt badly by Malgus'. He has more than enough power to make Maul desperately want to avoid getting shocked,

#24 Posted by Necromancer76 (3785 posts) - - Show Bio

I’ll give Malgus the advantage

Avatar image for highlord_alarak
#25 Posted by Highlord_Alarak (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Malgus.

#26 Posted by RedHeathen (2247 posts) - - Show Bio

@redheathen said:
@echostarlord117 said:

Pretty much every Star Wars game contradicts established canon in one way or another, whether it be Legends canon or the main canon. Games aren't the best sources.

As for the TCW magazine, I'd like to see a scan of that. As far as I know, Maul has never used Force Lightning.

as to the crippling effect of malgus' lightning on maul, do you think that his lightning is stronger than sidious' or dooku's?

No? It doesn't need to be, though. First off, if Palpatine truly wanted to, he could've turned Maul to ash any day of the week. The only reason he has ever survived being shocked by Sidious is because the latter allowed for it. Second off, while I think Dooku is superior when it comes to Force Lightning, I wager that Malgus isn't too far behind. At the end of the day, lightning is lightning and Maul would be hurt badly by Malgus'. He has more than enough power to make Maul desperately want to avoid getting shocked,

you can't say that because about the games. chee has said that if an aspect of a game doesn't contradict canon then it's canon. maybe there was something about mechanics, but i don't remember although one of my blogs talks about this. i wanted to save the info. it is not game mechanics and doesn't contradict canon in any way. a game overall can have aspects that contradict canon, but it is only those aspects that are considered noncanon, which is no different from any other expanded universe published item. i don't know if you've taken the time to read official, first hand sources on game canonicity from the eu era that were made during that era, but it helps to look for them. don't rely solely on wookieepedia. i found a couple inconsistencies in the talk about eu game canonicity a cuople years ago. i think at least one was corrected, but it's been a long time. anyway, i think i found some stuff that i haven't put in my blog yet, but either way, at the time of the publication of the game, it was c canon and just as valid as any other c canon material with the exception of what i've already mentioned.

No Caption Provided

it was in TCW mag #13.

as to the last thing you said...what part of that isn't conjecture?

1. lightning isn't lightning. some users have stronger lightning than others, and some can control the intensity. we know for sure that sidious' was some of the most powerful (perhaps only starkiller met or exceeded his) and we know for sure in canon that sidious can vary the intensity.

2. if lighting is lightning, then maul repeatedly tanked some of the strongest lightning produced by the strongest sith in history.

either way, you contradict yourself.

#27 Posted by YousufKhan1212 (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul kills Malgus the same way that Marshall Mathers threw Kim off the stage.

#28 Posted by Erkan12 (8452 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by In-sidiousvader (2536 posts) - - Show Bio

@echostarlord117 said:
@redheathen said:
@echostarlord117 said:

you can't say that because about the games. chee has said that if an aspect of a game doesn't contradict canon then it's canon. maybe there was something about mechanics, but i don't remember although one of my blogs talks about this. i wanted to save the info. it is not game mechanics and doesn't contradict canon in any way. a game overall can have aspects that contradict canon, but it is only those aspects that are considered noncanon, which is no different from any other expanded universe published item. i don't know if you've taken the time to read official, first hand sources on game canonicity from the eu era that were made during that era, but it helps to look for them. don't rely solely on wookieepedia. i found a couple inconsistencies in the talk about eu game canonicity a cuople years ago. i think at least one was corrected, but it's been a long time. anyway, i think i found some stuff that i haven't put in my blog yet, but either way, at the time of the publication of the game, it was c canon and just as valid as any other c canon material with the exception of what i've already mentioned.

No Caption Provided

it was in TCW mag #13.

as to the last thing you said...what part of that isn't conjecture?

1. lightning isn't lightning. some users have stronger lightning than others, and some can control the intensity. we know for sure that sidious' was some of the most powerful (perhaps only starkiller met or exceeded his) and we know for sure in canon that sidious can vary the intensity.

2. if lighting is lightning, then maul repeatedly tanked some of the strongest lightning produced by the strongest sith in history.

either way, you contradict yourself.

I'm sorry but I have to step in Maul will not use lightning in this contest even if certain sources state he can wield it, he frequently doesn't and as these Scans say he has them as powers, so he is capable of using it but he never does in combat and their is not specification saying maul uses all powers at his disposal even if they are out of character. So no in a sense Maul cannot use force lightning and thus this particular piece of evidence should be disregarded.

#30 Posted by Criostomp (256 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd have to say Malgus honestly. It's a good fight for sure, no one is stomping anyone, but Malgus would certainly have the advantage, especially since he has lightning and Maul effectively doesn't. He's never once used lightning and some sources state that he doesn't even know how to use lightning. I know Maul can technically withstand lightning, but only briefly.

#31 Posted by i_like_swords (26244 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul, obviously. Even Savage would probably win. I've never seen one half decent argument for Malgus to suggest a different result.

#32 Posted by Zapan871 (2014 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul stomps, imo.

#34 Posted by Greysentinel365 (6341 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by LordOfTheLight (2678 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by LordOfTheLight (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul was actively using the force to diminish the Jedi's connection to the force on Naboo. This particular power would have to be pretty high on the scale, because even Sidious himself acknowledged it as formidable.

It is particularly telling how potent an effect it was having on the Jedi, when according to Obi Wan only the nexus of Zigoola( a mid to late Banite nexus) surpassed it in potency. Putting it above Adas's holocron, and the nexus of Korriban as felt by Obi Wan( whatever dark energy he felt there) there. That's pretty impressive.

Given that, I highly doubt stuff like lightning, which is a pretty basic power would even be needed by Maul.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c359ed39a233
#37 Edited by deactivated-5c359ed39a233 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish people would stop bringing up the "Maul lost to a padawan" argument. Its pretty pathetic and tiresome . PIS (plot induced stupidity) does not count. And if PIS were to count , lets start lowballing Kenobi as he had difficulty fighting Cad Bane with the help of Quinlan Vos, or lets start lowballing Count Dooku as he lost to a dozen Pirates. Maul has a number of decent feats that makes up for all his low showings, and so have Dooku and Kenobi

Anyway Maul wins in a good fight

#38 Posted by deactivated-5c359ed39a233 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@zapan871 said:

Maul stomps, imo.

I wouldn't go that far

#39 Edited by deactivated-5c359ed39a233 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords: Why do you think Savage would win against Malgus, out of interest?

#40 Posted by Dawn_of_Ages (2528 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#41 Posted by DC77 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Malgus lol.

#42 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

The one that didn’t repeatedly lose to padawans

#43 Posted by Greysentinel365 (6341 posts) - - Show Bio

Maul easily.

#44 Edited by ArkhamAsylum3 (3920 posts) - - Show Bio

Malgus in a decent/good fight.

#45 Posted by SithRevenant (1165 posts) - - Show Bio

Malgus, better feats all around.

#46 Posted by Lord_Tenebrous (2340 posts) - - Show Bio

Legends only? Rather unnecessary. TPM Maul loses his Qui-Gon and Kenobi feat.

In anycase, for sure Malgus wins in the Force. Objectively superior telekinetic feats as early as Deceived. Sabers is a lot closer but I'll still take Malgus.

#47 Edited by CuckedCurry (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

Savage>Malgus~Maul

#48 Posted by LordOfTheLight (2678 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by LordOfTheLight (2678 posts) - - Show Bio

Malgus having even the smallest chance to win is genuinely hilarious

Heck, even Savage would beat him easily. Savage>>>>Adi Gallia and she can

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The source is Star Wars Jedi Starfighter Manual

To know exactly how much power capital ship fire has

The nightside sky is an infinite lattice of shining hairlines that interlock planetoids and track erratic spirals of glowing gnats. Beings watching from rooftops of Coruscant's endless cityscape can find it beautiful.

From the inside, it's different.

The gnats are drive-glows of starfighters. The shining hairlines are light-scatter from turbolaser bolts powerful enough to vaporize a small town. The planetoids are capital ships.

Credit: ROTS Novel

Needless to say, Malgus has nothing on scaling much above vaporizing entire towns that have lengths of kilometres on average. Even villages have lengths on the order of kilometres

Didn't remember this one but it should put Maul in another league entirely.

#50 Posted by CuckedCurry (1018 posts) - - Show Bio

Refers to gameplay Sonny Jim