Darth Maul vs Count Dooku vs Darth Vader.

• 116 results
BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@breakofdawn said:
@redheathen said:
@breakofdawn said:

@redheathen: Material that may cause problems for continuity but is not N-Canon is described as "S-Canon", or "Secondary Canon". Resurrection has been referenced at least twice in two editorial works (Insider and the Encyclopaedia), and the Prophets' existence in the same region as the one Resurrection is set in was canonised with Dark Forces, iirc.

@frozen said:

@redheathen: The comic has been referenced in continuinity.

Please tell me where this about stuff referenced in continuity becoming S canon? Also, continuity was S and C canon. Are you saying that if an S canon source referenced N canon that it could also become S canon?

In addition to that, can you please provide a source that says that the entire N canon work and not solely the portion from the N canon work that is mentioned in continuity (be it S or C canon - determined once you reply) becomes part of continuity?

Not entirely sure what you're asking for.

I want you and @frozen to:

1. Tell me where it is said that something that was N canon (this stuff <-- wording I used above) but referenced in continuity becomes specifically S canon. Why do you two think this? What did you base this opinion on?

2. It was said by one of you that if N canon is published in continuity, then it became S canon. Based on that statement, I asked if you (whichever one who said it) are saying that if N canon is published in something that was S canon, then could it be brought out of N canon and placed into S canon. I ask this because continuity was both S and C canon. I am asking whether or not it matters that the publication source that mentions the N canon material is itself S or C canon.

3. Tell me where it is said that an entire story that was N canon becomes part of continuity when only something specific from/found within the story, not the entire story itself, was published in a continuity work.

EDITED to add "<-- wording I used above" in item number one.

Your questions make no sense. The story itself was canonised with those materials referencing them. It doesn't just canonise "part" of the story, it canonises all of it. The sources I'm referring to encompass the entire comic:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The Prophets being in this region were also reference in Dark Forces. Also,

Tell me where it is said that something that was N canon (this stuff <-- wording I used above) but referenced in continuity becomes specifically S canon. Why do you two think this? What did you base this opinion on?

I never said this. I said:

Material that may cause problems for continuity but is not N-Canon is described as "S-Canon", or "Secondary Canon"

It being referenced is a separate discussion within my post. I suggest you read my post again.

redheathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

REHASH

#91frozen Moderator

@redheathen: You are mistaken. Resurrections is not N canon. It is S canon. Therefore it happened.

---------------------------------------------------------

#92redheathen Online

@frozen said:

@redheathen: You are mistaken. Resurrections is not N canon. It is S canon. Therefore it happened.

Please elaborate.

----------------------------------------------------------

#94BreakOfDawn

@redheathen: Material that may cause problems for continuity but is not N-Canon is described as "S-Canon", or "Secondary Canon". Resurrection has been referenced at least twice in two editorial works (Insider and the Encyclopaedia), and the Prophets' existence in the same region as the one Resurrection is set in was canonised with Dark Forces, iirc.

#95frozen Moderator

post 101:

breakofdawn said:

@redheathen said:
@breakofdawn said:
@redheathen said:
@breakofdawn said:

@frozen said:

Please tell me where this about stuff referenced in continuity becoming S canon? Also, continuity was S and C canon. Are you saying that if an S canon source referenced N canon that it could also become S canon?

In addition to that, can you please provide a source that says that the entire N canon work and not solely the portion from the N canon work that is mentioned in continuity (be it S or C canon - determined once you reply) becomes part of continuity?

1. Tell me where it is said that something that was N canon (this stuff <-- wording I used above) but referenced in continuity becomes specifically S canon. Why do you two think this? What did you base this opinion on?

2. It was said by one of you that if N canon is published in continuity, then it became S canon. Based on that statement, I asked if you (whichever one who said it) are saying that if N canon is published in something that was S canon, then could it be brought out of N canon and placed into S canon. I ask this because continuity was both S and C canon. I am asking whether or not it matters that the publication source that mentions the N canon material is itself S or C canon.

3. Tell me where it is said that an entire story that was N canon becomes part of continuity when only something specific from/found within the story, not the entire story itself, was published in a continuity work.

Your questions make no sense. The story itself was canonised with those materials referencing them. It doesn't just canonise "part" of the story, it canonises all of it. The sources I'm referring to encompass the entire comic:

Tell me where it is said that something that was N canon (this stuff <-- wording I used above) but referenced in continuity becomes specifically S canon. Why do you two think this? What did you base this opinion on?

Material that may cause problems for continuity but is not N-Canon is described as "S-Canon", or "Secondary Canon"

It being referenced is a separate discussion within my post. I suggest you read my post again.

my reply

@breakofdawn

My questions make perfect sense, and you are simply repeating what has already been said in regards to a story becoming canonized because something from that story is published elsewhere., and I understand that you're saying that it encompass the entire comic.

• What I do not understand is how you determined that an entire story that was non-canon becomes canonized when something from the story is published. How did you determine that the official LFL policy was to move the story, in its entirety, from N canon into specifically S canon?
  • How did you determine that the official LFL policy was to move the story, in part or in full, into S canon and not C canon?

Please do not tweet Chee or Hidalgo or whomever because they are responding to questions about old canon in odd ways that sometimes do not fit in with what was said years ago.

I want to know how you determined this. Where did you read that this is the policy? Did you rely on Ant's and KOB's post regarding Canon and Consideration and take it from there, or did you read it on Chee's old blog posts? Did you use the C&C post and click on those links thinking that you were reading all of what Chee said on the topic years ago? What I'm asking is very simple, BOD. HOW DID YOU LEARN THIS? Did you learn it from an official source or from reading other peoples' posts/blogs?

I'm pretty sure I know the rules about old canon. I thought I knew them pretty well, better than most people. Obviously, I do not. Obviously you and @frozen know more than I do, and I would like to learn from you. I do not need to have all the sources in which the story is mentioned posted because that doesn't answer my questions.

BreakOfDawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By BreakOfDawn
@redheathen said:

REHASH

#91frozen Moderator

---------------------------------------------------------

#92redheathen Online

@frozen said:

Please elaborate.

#94BreakOfDawn

#95frozen Moderator

post 101:

breakofdawn said:

@redheathen said:
@breakofdawn said:
@redheathen said:
@breakofdawn said:

@frozen said:

my reply

@breakofdawn

My questions make perfect sense, and you are simply repeating what has already been said in regards to a story becoming canonized because something from that story is published elsewhere., and I understand that you're saying that it encompass the entire comic.

• What I do not understand is how you determined that an entire story that was non-canon becomes canonized when something from the story is published. How did you determine that the official LFL policy was to move the story, in its entirety, from N canon into specifically S canon?
  • How did you determine that the official LFL policy was to move the story, in part or in full, into S canon and not C canon?

Please do not tweet Chee or Hidalgo or whomever because they are responding to questions about old canon in odd ways that sometimes do not fit in with what was said years ago.

I want to know how you determined this. Where did you read that this is the policy? Did you rely on Ant's and KOB's post regarding Canon and Consideration and take it from there, or did you read it on Chee's old blog posts? Did you use the C&C post and click on those links thinking that you were reading all of what Chee said on the topic years ago? What I'm asking is very simple, BOD. HOW DID YOU LEARN THIS? Did you learn it from an official source or from reading other peoples' posts/blogs?

I'm pretty sure I know the rules about old canon. I thought I knew them pretty well, better than most people. Obviously, I do not. Obviously you and @frozen know more than I do, and I would like to learn from you. I do not need to have all the sources in which the story is mentioned posted because that doesn't answer my questions.

No offence, but you realise you could just look up the hierarchy yourself and find out, correct? Wookiepedia alone has a pretty good summary of it and the different levels. Whilst some aren't supreme anymore (G-Canon), the terms still exist, as I recall.

Is the holiday special, or at least most of it, considered C-canon? If so, which specific parts aren't?

Aside from things already referenced in later sources, I'd consider it S-Canon. EU creators can take or leave those parts however they see fit.

S-Canon is stuff that is dubiously canon until referenced. The sources listed and provided above canonised it.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#105 frozen  Moderator

Bump.

doyul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By doyul

I dunno much about legends but at least in canon it's Vader>Dooku>Maul.

Kaore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can only speak for canon,

Vader >> Dooku >== Maul

Peak Vader can potentially take like a 3/10 minority VS Dooku & Maul imo

FreeFaceMask

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon:

Vader >> Dooku > Maul

Legends:

Maul >> Dooku > Vader

wat

Avatar image for deactivated-644c7202b7524
deactivated-644c7202b7524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon: Vader stomps.

Legends: Dooku wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-6261a58d084d8
deactivated-6261a58d084d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon:

I’ll give it to Vader all out since he has a lot of statements and performs decently against high tiers. Dooku is second. In a saber match he can probably outskill vader, however Vader’s force argumentation will be too much for him. Ragdolling won’t play a role here... like at all. No one has enough of an advantage to use the force to win the match. If Vader plays it smart he could use his TK to bombard Dooku and batter his Defense.

Maul comes third. He can compete with high tier opponents but can’t defeat them. His offense is not strong enough and his Defense is lack Luster. His mobility might prove useful against Vader however Vader is just superior in canon.

I reallY don’t see why people put maul in high tier match ups when he just doesn’t have the feats to compete on a serious level. He is grievous tier as of TCW and should fight high mid tier combatants like Ventress, grievous and Plo Koon. He stops at TCW Kenobi/ Anakin and Mace who are all too skilled and smart to be overcome by him.

At his best he was able to 2v1 aayla and mace for a bit but needed to get bailed out by his commandos after one exchange.

1: Vader

2: Dooku

3: Maul

Legends:

Dooku wins, he is vastly more skilled than Vader and can match him in the force. Maul is more skilled than legends Vader however he will ultimately lose like in resurrection. It can happen in different ways but the comic already showed us that Vader>Maul.

1: Dooku

2: Vader

3: Maul

PrimeJedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crclopezos: sorry i don't know enough about Legends, could you elaborate why Dooku wins? I think he holds more skill but my understanding was that while less skilled than in Canon, prime Vader was still a low tier 9 duelist at least