Maul slaps either round

I dunno, the Fetts have some pretty good feats in Legends

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maul for both, one worse than the other.

CatMan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellothere5432: I don't know enough about Legends to argue, but I can argue for Canon.

Sure, Maul is faster, but the Fetts have gear advantages and beskar armor. Jango could hold his own against AOTC Obi-Wan, who should be around Jinn's level. Boba in Legends also held his own against Darth Vader which adds up to a lot, and Jango killed 5 Jedi at the same time in Legends using (iirc) his bare hands.

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By macattack1

@hellothere5432: as in you think Maul foddersises even in legends?

Despite Jango being capable of taking on multiple Jedi knights in single combat and Boba partially contending with Vader?

macattack1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By macattack1

@hellothere5432: As far as I can remember Maul in legends never foddered any Jedi. He struggled with a Padawan who failed her knighting task in Shadow Hunter. Jango stomping a group of Jedi knights in single combat should at the very least mean he isn’t fodder to Maul.

And contending with Vader in any respect should be impressive unless you grossly underestimate Legends Vader (granted he is far below Canon Vader in my opinion, but still a force to be reckoned with). Vader and a Maul duplicate had a very close fight in legends, so Boba contending with Vader to an extent should mean that he too is not fodder to Maul.

So again, I fail to see how Maul stomps both Jango and Boba.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#14 frozen  Moderator

Jango was hard pressing AOTC Kenobi, who is in all likelihood not that far behind TPM Maul. So this idea of Maul stomping is highly questionable to say the least.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wolfrazer

@macattack1: Jango's feat against Jedi is circumstantial at best, the only actual one he killed without circumstances was at the very tail end of the battle and he didn't really do it with bare hands either. The guy didn't exactly stomp Komari Vosa, so he can hardly replicate that showing 10/10, that at best is an outlier in the rest of his feats.

Also Boba didn't contend with Vader at all, Vader was more interested in a box than fighting him despite the latter pretty much throwing everything he had at him.

Avatar image for jedisympathiz3r
JediSympathiz3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins pretty handily in canon. Boba’s feats aren’t bad but they’re not enough to prove he could even contend with a FU of Maul’s caliber. Jango’s feat against Obi-wan is good but it’s only enough to say he could somewhat contend.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Greysentinel365

BHs win R2

MErulezall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul? U mean the fodder who needs 36 seconds to take care of a dog, barely won against Pre, somebody far below the fetts? Or u mean the person around equal to Jinn, who AOTC Obi Wan, the guy that Jango is around equal to, is above?
Boba > Jango ~ AOTC Obi Wan > Jinn ~ Maul

Fetts stomps

Maul stomps canon and wins legends

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By MaulSmacker

@hellothere5432:

Vader was disarmed by a past prime and out of practice An'ya Kurro,

could easily be argued to be a feat for An'ya Kurro rather than an anti feat for Vader?

struggled with ESB Luke,

he didn't struggle with Empire Strikes Back Luke but does Empire Strikes Back Luke even have any scaling chains with the exception of his fight with Vader that would put Vader struggling with him , which he never did , as an anti feat for Vader?

The Only other scaling chain I possess knowledge of Empire Strikes Back Luke possessing is his superiority to A New Hope Obi Wan

“You have been learning, you’re young and quick, you offer me better sport than the old man.”

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Radio Drama

an Absurd rate of growth yes , but the only other present scaling chain regardless .

As a combatant he sucks.

Definitly not , Vader is a solid 8 , a 9 if you listen to Nick Gillard

No Caption Provided

Maul possess worse low Ends than Vader either way , his struggles with The Phantom Menace Obi Wan in sabers , his struggles with that said Dog Darthor Already mentioned , The Pirates , Grevious on Darthomir which is an extremely powerful Darkside Nexus , then with Pre Viszla and finally , Season 7 Ashoka .

every character possesses Low ends , even The Count and Anakin possesses them , its not something we should rely on to downplay someone .

His only saving grace is his parity with Maul and Dooku power wise.

the quote applying parity is talking about their similarity in the sense they are all sub Palpatine level in term of Power , which is true , The Idea that Vader was The Phantom Menace Maul Level from Revenge of The Sith to Return of The Jedi , is obviously bullshit considering he grew a Stomp gap between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back alone.

According to Lucas himself for a example , A New Hope Vader is a Crippled Half machine while Empire Strikes Back Vader is potrayed as a very capable swordsmen and thus they brought in , allegedly , The best Swordsmen in England to potray him

"and so I accepted that it was a half-man, half-machine. But Jedi are meant to be quite agile. So for the next one, we got a really good swordsmaster in, the best in England. And Mark is a really good swordsman"

- George Lucas

the Entire quote is contradicted by Vader's 20 years of constant Noticeable Growth .

adding onto that , we have quotes of how Empire Strikes Back Vader is Much more powerful than A New Hope Vader

“Within the armoed forces Vader now holds absolute power over the higher Imperial officers who scorned him earlier in his career. This situation reflects Vader's greater mastery over himself and over the Force in the time since the Battle of Yavin, an improvement that is readily apparent in his lightsaber style during the duel with Luke Skywalker on Bespin. Vader has largely freed himself of pain through the Force in the years since the Battle of Yavin and, by practice with living opponents both willing and unwilling, he has advanced his lightsaber technique. Baron Orman Tagge serves as testament to Vader's technique by this era, precisely blinded in both eyes by Vader's blade in a duel. Vader is thus a far more formidable foe on Bespin than he was against Ben Kenobi on the Death Star.”

-- Insider #62

TPM Maul is also stated by Lucas to be >= Grievous who trashed Obi Wan throughout TCW.

that is not stated , its just another out of context George Lucas quote , Lucas is saying he wants to break the stereotype of just one upping the Previous villains with another " big and powerful " villain .

not that Grevious is less powerful than everyone that came before , by such a quote , A New Hope Vader would be more powerful Than Revenge of The Sith Grevious and Empire Strikes Back/Return of The Jedi Vader would be a stomp gap above Grevious which does not complement your views as that would mean A New Hope Vader is a duelist ~ Revenge of The Sith Tyranus and > Utapau Obi Wan .

who gave ROTS Kenobi a much tougher time under the circumstances

thats not true at all , Obi Wan cut off most of his arms in around Twenty Seconds of Dueling and then ragdolled him with force when he learned to give his self to The Lightside of The Force rather than use The force as a tool .

Grevious was significantly behind Utapau Kenobi , he is probably even weaker than Invisible Hand Obi wan considering their respective performances against Tyranus .

dominated a doubly amped Qui Gon while hindered,

Qui Gon definitly didn't have any amp at all , He was fighting Ferociously and Went aggressive like Office Mace did in Revenge of The Sith , but that doesn't mean Qui Gon was amped at all . An aggressive Qui Gon was a match for Maul even on Naboo

and its confirmed he was actually forced back there rather than the Luring stuff

No Caption Provided

Maul even got injured and was working on binding his wounds after Qui Gon's aggressive charge at him .

Beyond, the Sith Lord worked at binding up his wounds, a series of burns and slashes marked by charred tears in his dark clothing. He was backed to the edge of the chamber beyond, keeping a close watch on Qui-Gon, his red and black face intense, his yellow eyes glinting in the half light. His lightsaber rested on the floor before him.

Credit: The Phantom Menace Novel

and finally , the fact that Generator room Qui Gon is confirmed to be Equal to Generator Room Maul

Hurry! Obi-Wan hissed soundlessly, willing the lasers to pause and the gates to come down.

Stroke for stroke, Qui-Gon and Darth Maul battled about the rim of the melting pit, locked in a combat that seemed endless and forever and could be won by neither.

~ The Phantom Menace: Senior Novelization (1999)

Tatooine isn't a lightside nexus at all either , there are some places that could be a Lightside Nexus but the entire Planet being a Nexus is questionable .

Anakin is a " nexus of the force " so if he would amp someone it would be both Qui Gon and Maul as Anakin or better yet , The Chosen One is supposed to replace The Father as shown in the Mortis Arc of The Clone Wars , he is not necessarily a Lightside or a Darkside Nexus .

Maul wasn't hindered at all , he himself says his footwork is better than it has ever been meaning Tatooine Maul > Any Maul before Tatooine .

I accelerate my pace, calling on my anger to increase my power. My footwork has never been so brilliant. I use the shifting sand as resistance. My lightness and quickness will defeat this man, with his large body, his heavy movements.

~ Episode I Journal: Darth Maul (2000)

also Maul claimed his injury is imperceptible , which would mean the effect on his is barely relevant and is very slight

It is because of my wound. It has slowed me down somewhat. It is almost imperceptible, but it is there. The Jedi has an advantage. I am not at my best.

~ Episode I Journal: Darth Maul (2000

the Injury rather worked as a source of power and amplification for Maul , the realization that his imperceptible wound was still effecting him , allowed him to actually draw more power from the wound after which Qui Gon already got Exhausted from Dueling Maul , per Qui Gon's well Documented Stamina Issues

This realization sends more rage pumping through my body. I am angry at myself, but I use the anger to fuel the dark side. I feel the Force come from the other Jedi and I send it back to him, showing him that I too, have a connection, and it is stronger than his. I launch a furious counterattack. I feel the Jedi beginning to tire, and triumph rises like a red mist before my eyes. I gain the advantage. I am winning. I will defeat him.

I have been surprised at his skill, but now I am confident of victory. I will savor each moment of this battle.

Even through his fatigue, his blows still have power. He is a large man with impressive strength. He will fall heavily, like a monument.

I feel a savage pleasure course through me. His weakness feeds my power. I drive him back, spin around when he parries, drive him back again. The dust chokes my throat, but I don't notice it.

- Episode 1 Journal Darth Maul

Hardly. The only thing keeping Vader in the fight was his suit allowing him to tank blows which would of left any other opponent with his skill incapacitated. Maul also seemed very casual about the whole thing taunting Vader, a different demeanour to almost any other fight he's had.

that is Deeply contextual , The Darkside Disciples feared vader and even stopped Maul from attacking Vader till They had Vader's permission to make it a complete duel

No Caption Provided

if he had Used the force , he would have one shotted the Entire cult and Maul , right then and there

No Caption Provided

and about the may , its been addressed by the Word of God , The Word of God confirms that the intent of that statement is exactly what I said

No Caption Provided

It doesn't help you either that Maul was constantly reminding Vader of his past , which constantly hinders Vader as shown in every Legends related media

also , Ressurection Vader lost his very connection to the force for a while between The Force unleashed and His battle with Ben Kenobi on The DeathStar

and even then Vader was evenly matched with Maul in the duel

No Caption Provided

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellothere5432: I added some parts regarding ressurection

Nope. An'ya Kurro was essentially accoladeless and featless even in her physical prime as far as duelling is concerned. I can even recall quotes putting her in Aurra Sing's pay grade.

if she is featless ad accoladless , then why can it not be a feat for her rather than an anti feat for Vader?

Vader admits in SOTE that he cannot stomp Luke.

Shadow of The Empire Like was going through constant growth , he is obviously not as weak as Bespin Luke .

Luke was stated consistently to have still had a way to go before reaching even Jedi Knight level.

Jedi Knight level in what exactly? Vader found him more challenging than he found Old Ben

Hidalgo has even said ROTJ Luke was sub TPM Kenobi in lightsaber skill.

and A Versus claimed Return of The Jedi Luke can beat Mustafar Vader , sources contradict each other , Vader is not sub Phantom Menace Kenobi in a saber Duel .

Counteracted by his feats.

everyone has low ends , Vader is consistantly potrayed to be very powerful , def not sub The Phantom Menace Kenobi level like you have been implying he and Return of The Jedi Luke are

And if you want to go by creator quotes, I'll bring up Chee saying ANH Obi Wan > Vader

Chee's statement is contraindicated by A New Hope Obi Wan getting decisively beaten by a New Hope Vader while Vader was Having PTSD and Paranoia of Obi Wan SOMEHOW replicating what happened On Mustafar .

but I would be intrested in seeing Chee's statement , its not like A New Hope Vader is relevant to Empire Strikes Back Vader either way , let alone a PTSD facing Paranoid A New Hope Vader .

Vader grew a lot in lightsaber combat and mastery, not in pure power in the force

and you would be wrong on that , but that's not necessarily relevant because The George Lucas quote you misinterpretate to make it mean Return of The Jedi Vader ~ Revenge Of The Sith Tyranus ~ The Phantom Menace Maul , doesn't refer to either Force or Saber combat .

but anyway , some quotes of Vader's growth in reference to the force

Over time Vader has advanced in his ability to manipulate the dark side of the Force, and has used it to sustain his own damaged body as well as to persuade opponents of his will. Under the Emperor's tutelage, Vader learns to kill with mere suggestion.

-- Star Wars Visual Dictionary

As Darth Sidious's apprentice, Vader continues to expand his knowledge and the power of the dark side.

-- Force And Destiny Core Rulebook

Even his own generals could not escape Vader's wrath, and as time went by, the Sith's powers grew even stronger.

-- The Story Of Darth Vader

"My Master seems pleased; his apprentice grows ever stronger."

-- Galactic Battlegrounds

Between Lord Vader and the Imperial Inquisitors (and a handful of independent Jedi Hunters), the dark side grew stronger and stronger.

--The Dark Side Sourcebook

All his life he had been trained to turn fear into anger, and anger into power. It was no different, he realized, for Darth Vader. Where else could Lord Vader look for increased power than to the Emperor himself? People were either predators or prey. That was one of the most basic rules of life. Together, Darth Vader and his apprentice would ensure that their joint power only increased.

Credit to Azronger-- The Force Unleashed

but not- I didn’t wanna get somebody bigger and stronger and more powerful than the other villains that we’ve had, going to the next level."

he is reffering to the usual potrayal of each villain surpassing the previous even though there is no reason for it to be that way , The other villain would include people Like Jango Fett , Gunray , Boba Fett so Jango and Boba are bound by that quote regardless .

Why would it be talking about ANH Vader lol. It's referencing the general villains, aka when they are in their prime or when they were last seen on screen.

why would it not be ANH Vader is it could be Phantom Menace Maul? addition to that , he says other villains , Vader was a villain in

• A New Hope
  • Empire Strikes Back
  • Return of The Jedi

thus all three iterations must be superior

And it's not even talking about the OT villains. Lucas says:

but not- I didn’t wanna get somebody bigger and stronger and more powerful than the other villains that we’ve had, going to the next level.

He says "we've had." Referencing his writing team. Which is different to what it was in the OT.

" we " could easily refer to the verse itself and the people who have worked on the entire star wars including the OT rather than just the recent films .

The quote comes from Lucas who worked on both thus both Triologies would be bound by that quote .

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellothere5432:

Anyway, Aryan, (as that's clearly who you are)

and you would be correct

I'm only going to address the TPM stuff, just don't have the patience to go through the rest of it again:

sure

It's stated by TWODM by Maul that he was allowing Qui Gon to drive him back. Dismissed.

its stated by my source that he was actually being pushed back due to the word " forced "

No Caption Provided

and other quotes from the novelization confirm my suspicion that it was in actuality , Maul retreating

Maul reaction to Qui Gon was of fear , which wouldn't be the case if he allowed Qui Gon's charge

With quick, hard strokes of his lightsaber, he bored into his adversary, deliberately engaging in close-quarters combat, refusing to let the other bring his double-bladed weapon to bear. He drove Darth Maul backward about the rim of the overhang, keeping the Sith Lord constantly on the defensive, pressing in on him steadily. Qui-Gon Jinn might no longer be young, but he was still powerful. Darth Maul's ragged face took on a frenzied look, and the glitter of his strange eyes brightened with uncertainty.

Credit: The Phantom Menace

and the fact Maul was injured also gives the idea he wasn't holding back anything

Beyond, the Sith Lord worked at binding up his wounds, a series of burns and slashes marked by charred tears in his dark clothing. He was backed to the edge of the chamber beyond, keeping a close watch on Qui-Gon, his red and black face intense, his yellow eyes glinting in the half light. His lightsaber rested on the floor before him.

Credit: The Phantom Menace Novel

Never happened in the film therefore N-canon.

Frozen abolished the Hierarchy + Maul's leg injury isn't mention or shown in the film either , not even a hint as his legends move perfectly

And I'm not seeing how minor burns from getting his robes cut mean anything regardless.

it wouldn't happen if he was in control of the situation

Qui Gon's meditation amped him:

Qui Gon meditated for a very specific reason and thats because he was imbalanced by Maul

With a sudden sharp hum, solid vertical walls of energy appeared, blocking the hallway. Qui-Gon stopped short, inches away from being vaporized.

On the other side of the energy wall, the Sith Lord mocked Qui-Gon with taunting facial expressions. Nothing could happen now until the walls parted.

Be in the moment, Qui-Gon told himself. The Sith Lord had shaken him. He would need to regain his balance.

Qui-Gon sat. Closing his eyes, he meditated and waited.

- Darth Maul Endgame

and that Qui Gon exhausted himself because of his charge

Down the way, pinned between two walls of laser beams, Qui-Gon Jinn knelt in meditation, facing toward the Sith Lord and the melting pit, his head lowered over his lightsaber. He was gathering himself for a final assault, bringing himself in tune with the Force. Obi-Wan did not like the weariness he saw in the slump of the older man’s shoulders, in the bow of his back. He was the best swordsman Obi-Wan had ever seen, but he was growing old.

~ The Phantom Menace: Senior Novelization (1999)

two hindrances cancel out one ' amp "

The nexus even impairs Maul's ability to draw upon the dark side. When he is ages away from it:

The quote doesn't remotely imply that he is being hindered , there is good on the PLANET , not where Maul is standing .

Anakin is on the lightside at that point, that much is clear. Him being supposed to find balance on Mortis doesn't change him being on the lightside for his entire life up to ROTS.

so Anakin must be passively amping every Jedi during The Clone wars and Obi Wan on invisible hand? Thats ridiculous , you know that

just because Anakin have somewhat allegiance to the light at this point , doesn't mean the force energy he Emits is all light

And if Maul was amped as well, then it wouldn't of mentioned Qui Gon being amped as a reason for him surviving. Since it would be pointless.

where is the statement of Anakin's presence saving Qui Gon?

Maul during the Tatooine fight has better footwork than ever before because he has never had to draw on so much power himself to this level (because he needs to compensate for his injury). But that doesn't mean that the level of footwork he has attained on Tatooine is his max, which means his hypothetical max can still be hindered by his injuries, but we won't know that because he isn't amping himself to his max, just higher than what he's done before

and what dictates that there is a gap between the hypothetical maul a day before his leg Injury and Maul on Tatooine? and Its Maul's footwork that should be greatly hindered by The Iniury in the leg but the fact it wasn't , just means the injury isn't really as relevant as You may want to believe it was

Maul has consistently downplayed the level of pain he endure's and act's like it doesn't exist most of the time. We know his injury affected him severely:

right.....and if Maul can completely ignore this type of Pain , why would it be hindering him?

it doesn't hinder his movement as shown by the Tatooine Duel , into addition , Force can be used to Ignore Pain too servere if Maul needed to do such

and in addition to that , Maul can draw strength from things like Pain so your point about him facing supposed Leg pain a day before the Tatooine Duel , is moot because

• Maul can ignore pain
  • the Injury didn't hinder his footwork
  • during the Duel , Maul refers to it as Slight and almost indetectable
  • Pain can be used to Pull strength from

It only cancelled out his injuries, not beyond that. Since they both draw from the same source

considering that a Qui Gon after Regaining his balance and stamina could still change Naboo Maul who is at his apex....

Darth Maul was a warrior in his prime, never to be any better, his powers at their apex. In addition, he was driven by his messianic hatred for and disdain of the Jedi Knights, the enemies of the Sith for millennia. He had worked and trained all his life for this moment, for a chance to meet a Jedi Knight in combat. It was an added bonus that he was able to engage two. He had no fear for himself, no doubt that he would win. He was focused in a way that Qui-Gon recognized at once-a Jedi's focus, mindful of the present, locked in on what was needed in the here and now. Qui-Gon saw it in his mad eyes and in the set of his red and black tattooed features. The Sith Lord was a living example of what the Jedi Master was always telling Obi-Wan about how best to hear the will of the Force.

―The Phantom Menace

I would have to question the idea that Tatooine Maul is much above Tatooine Qui Gon .

Darthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MaulSmacker

@hellothere5432:

Because she has nothing else even remotely putting her on the level you need her to be to justify this?

if she has nothing suggesting she is either a high tier or a low tier , why should we assume that she is very low tier?

also , didn't An'ya teleport? that would show a great mastery over force and to addition , can you post the entire fight as well? I am confident you aren't hiding context....... but I am intrested in seeing it for myself .

She is very heavily implied to be maybe slightly above average as a duelist

can I be presented with the quotes of Her being just a slightly above Average duelists? seems like her feat against Someone Like Vader seem to imply otherwise considering that a Massively pre Prime Vader who was mentally hindered by two completely different mental shortcomings was able to decisively beat a Tier 8 Duelist in few minutes even when Vader was facing a Deep form disadvantage which made him lose back on Mustafar all those years ago .

Maul possess no such feats , his prime self failed to beat General Grevious on an extremely powerful Darkside Nexus , let alone The Phantom Menace self which can't decisively even outdo Tier 7s like The Phantom Menace Obi Wan Kenobi and Qui Gon Jinn , seems to me that A New Hope Vader while being hindered by 2 completely different mental Health Problems , Being At a form disadvantage and being obviously maasively pre Prime in dueling ability , is a better duelist then Son of Darthomir Maul .

Uhhh, they're talking about ESB Luke

They could easily be reffering to current Luke and that Vader wouldn't be able to defeat him easily , Vader and Palpatine can sense the growth of power The same Way Tyranus senses the Growth of Savage Oppress in term of power accross the Galaxy .

Vader's mid combat taunts don't mean anything .

its him directly comparing Luke to Obi Wan and saying that Luke is above him .

I know its absurd that Luke became superior to a tier 8 duelist in like one week of training , but thats what canon states , Luke have a very fast rate of growth because he is a Skywalker with zero Limitations put on him, Unlike Anakin who had Layers of Limitations put on him by the Jedi order .

Said source was rendered void by Hidalgo.

there are other sources implying Luke > Base Revenge of the Sith Anakin , but you completely dodged the point , Luke's own feats as of Return of The Jedi , his other scaling chains and such put him far above Any Tier 7 Duelist .

and what renders Empire Strikes Back luke > Ben void? or did Obi Wan become Padawan level during his late years even though he was a jedi on mission?

Find me some good saber feats for Vader, then we can talk.

dominating A New Hope Ben while being Vastly Vastly pre Prime in sabers for one is a quiet great fear , especially when you consider stuff like

Ben's reflexes were no worse then his younger self , he had not allowed them to grow dull at all .

It was fortunate for Ben that he had continued his Jedi exercises on Tatooine, that he had not allowed his reflexes to become dull.

Source: The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ben also had some kind of growth , Probably in term of the force and thus , force Augmentation and such statistics .

This is a fight you cannot win, Darth. Your power has matured since I taught you, but I too have grown much since our parting. If my blade finds its mark, you will cease to exist. But if you cut me down, I will only become more powerful. Heed my words."

-- A New Hope

Ben's power and studies didn't decrease at all even though the last Time Vader fought Obi Wan was at Mustafar .

"He had assumed Obi-Wan's study of the Force had ended long ago, and that his powers had diminished over time. But Vader was wrong."

- A New Hope Junior Novelization.

Vader's mental hindrances : Paranoia surrounding The fact that he was more powerful on Mustafar but still lost

He did not wish them to interfere, but even to warn them off would take concentration that he could not afford at the moment. Should his attention falter, Obi-Wan could kill him in the blink of an eye.

- Death Star

There had always been in Vader a small bit of worry about this day. Not much; just a trace. He had been sure, in his youthful arrogance, that he had been stronger, had been better than the Jedi Knight who had been his teacher, and the memory of what Obi-Wan had done to him would never be erased. He had been a superior fighter even when he had been Anakin Skywalker, and yet Obi-Wan had defeated him.

Could he win now?

Vader's mental Hindrances : Post Traumatic Stress Disorder , surrounding the fact that he was remembering hus defeat .

There he was. After so much time and across so much space, the hooded figure of Obi-Wan Kenobi, his former Master and friend, stood right in front of him. He had aged; his face was lined, his beard white. It was impossible not to remember vividly the last time they had seen each other, when his Master had crippled him and left him to die on the fiery banks of a river of molten rock, light-years from here. Now his anger smoldered in him like the banks of that coursing stream of lava. You should have killed me then, Obi-Wan

Vader still parrying everything Obi Wan threw at him , even when he is trying to capitalize on Vader's speed .

Obi-Wan moved fast, lunging at Vader with his weapon, but the Dark Lord blocked the attack with ease. There was a loud electric crackle as their lightsabers made contact. Undeterred, Obi-Wan made a swift series of strikes, but each was parried by Vader.

-

Their lightsabers clashed again and again, and their duel carried on until they were just outside Docking Bay 327. As they moved toward the door that led directly into the hangar that contained the captured freighter, Vader heard the approaching footsteps of stormtroopers running toward his position. Vader's blade was crossed with his opponent's when Obi-Wan threw a glance into the hangar. Vader kept his eyes riveted on the Jedi. You won't get away from me this time!

- TR&FoDV

Vader being confirmed more powerful and forcing ben to retreat and countered everything Obi wan was throwing before Kenobi can do anything

Another exchange-four, five, six attacks and blocks-and Vader knew the old man was weakening. The Force might be strong in Obi-Wan, but the dark side was stronger in Vader. It let him anticipate his adversary's strikes and counter them almost before they began.

Obi-Wan knew it, too. He began a retreat, backing away, his lightsaber itself seeming weaker as he moved. Vader backed Obi-Wan past an open blast door leading to the forward dock where the Rebel freighter was being held under guard. The old man was obviously tiring. You're mine, old man, Vader thought.

- Death Star

Ben barely parrying Vader's blows

No Caption Provided

Ben catches vader offguard when Vader goes arrogant and lends the killing blow , yet Vader blocks everything before it could land

But just as he was ready to deliver the final strike, Obi-Wan managed a fast series of attacks, and Vader had to move quickly to avoid the strikes. Even as old and weak as Obi-Wan was, his technique was accomplished enough that a foolish move on Vader's part could still be fatal.

- Death Star

Vader easily blocked his strikes

Only a master of evil, Darth." With that, Obi-Wan stepped in and cut. Vader blocked the attack easily. Obi-Wan attacked again, and again, Vader blocked each strike. If the old man thought he could rattle him by attacking instead of defending, he was mistaken. Vader riposted, sped up his timing, and took the initiative, forcing the erstwhile Jedi to defend.

- Death Star

Not to mention , Ben was still a very formidable user of Form III , thus still holding the form advantage over Vader

Even in his elder years, Kenobi remains a formidable Form III practitioner.

Source: Insider 62: Fightsaber

so Massively 0re Prime Vader decisively beating a tier 8 while Vader was hindered By Two-Three Sources and was at a form disadvantage , is a really good feat for him .

Nothing in the quote I'm assuming your referencing says it hindered him. If anything it would increase his anger and amp him.

bad logic , Vader was terrified Kenobi would do the same thing He did years back on Mustafar

fear hinders one , like it does to KFV

And why wouldn't' Obi Wan suffer from PTSD here as well? He had nightmares about Mustafar for the countless years following.

Ben Made peace with his past , Vader didn't , here is something BOD explained for Ben post Revenge of The Sith

post ROTS kenobi was completely taken over by guilt

"Sun suddenly burst through the clouds overhead, dazzling Qui-Gon's sight. The glare caused Obi-Wan's features to blur and dissolve. For a moment, Qui-Gon didn't see the boy. He saw an elder man, alone, living on a desolate planet, his only companions his dark memories.

Qui-Gon felt the same shiver he'd experienced in O-Vieve's presence ... Then a sudden truth pierced him. That isn't me. It is Obi-Wan ... The future is not fixed, but fluid, he told himself. Visions did not have to come true..."

Star Wars: The Fight for Truth.

However, around the same time, Qui-Gon tells Obi-Wan that he is not ready to begin training:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
- Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission
- Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission

However, shortly after this in around 18 BBY, Kenobi finally was able to begin re-establishing his connection with the Living Force:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

- Last of the Jedi: Dangerous Mission

Over time, during his period in exile, Ben began opening himself up to the Force once more. He began finding his way back to the Living Force and began to discover how to move past his attachments like grief and regret.

However, this was an ongoing process. In the case of Yoda, Yoda’s training didn’t just end once he’d finished learning how to move beyond personal attachments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10ygzTM1i8

-

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Despite learning how to let go of his attachments prior to this, Yoda still had a long way to go to learn this technique and deepen his connection to the Force even as of ROTS. Unlike Obi-Wan however, Yoda had already confronted the darkness and come to terms with what was to happen, allowing him to start his training far earlier than Obi-Wan. Even then, Yoda had only started his first lesson by the end of ROTS.

Obi-Wan is similar. Until ANH, Obi-Wan spent much of his time deepening his connection to the Force and letting go of the attachments that ruled him:

No Caption Provided

chee's quote

Chee is trying to appeal to absurdity and his examples are certainly not as relevant and defenitive as a question

especially when your feat is deeply contradicted

I'm not saying he didn't grow, just that he didn't grow much. Them being "like" allows for wiggle room for said growth.

20 years of constant growth isn't enough? Vader's performance against a more powerful Starkiller in TFUII compared to the same against a weaker galen in TFUI alone is enough to show a massive disparity in the force .

Add in the fact that even Vader at his weakest During Ressurection can one shot an entire cult and an amped Maul if he goes straight for force attacks rather than Dueling .

He literally says Grievous isn't as powerful as the previous super strong villains.

Understand the context of the quote , he wanted someone to have more qualities then just pure power , not that he must be weaker than everyone else.

Grevious not being stronger than the others is a way of saying that Lucas wanted to make a strong villain but not just with a linear path of making Grevious stronger than everyone else .

thus explaining Grevious's massive inferiority to Darth Tyranus .

Hardly. They aren't "super strong or "super fast."

sources disagree with you on that considering the reputation that Jango himself possessed

super fast -

"Jango's hands worked almost imperceptibly, twisting in and about the Jedi's arms and hands, expertly loosening Obi-Wan's grip."

-- Attack of the Clones

and I already showed you thr deadliest man quotes

Grievous also has way better feats to cap it off.

Grevious has better feats than Phantom Menace Darth Maul as well , preassuring Utapau Kenobi in sabers for one , Utapau Kenobi is basically Utapau Kenobi .

then we have him constantly dominating The Clone Wars Obi Wan , who was never Outmanoeuvered by A much superior Clone Wars Maul in saber combat ( Maul abused force everytime )

Grevious also blew Son of Darthomir Darth Maul with a single kick and then Dueled him evenly till Maul uses a force push to drive him away , all this on an extremely powerful Darkside Nexus that is Darthomir .

No, because that would include Grievous who is being separated from the quote

was reffering to the verse upto that point rather than reffering to the verse from a perspective not impacted by any form of time or view of time .

Different creative teams worked on each of

the one saying the quote is a constant , Which is George Lucas and he could be reffering to every film he has worked on .

All of those are either contextual or never happened. Film very clearly shows TPM Maul >>>> Base TPM Obi Wan.

Maul had actually shaken the Jedi before and Kenobi was on a defensive Approach , the moment he went aggressive he got the upper hand on maul until maul amped hinself with Kenobi's rage and then Pushed used the environment to his advantage to Make most of a single force push

The rest all have context behind them, which have already been explained countless times now.

the context goes both ways , Obi Wan was hindered by giving into rage , Obi Wan cannot get rage amps thats not a thing , Obi Wan legimately challenged Maul

after that , Maul fed on his fear and abused the force to blow him away .

can't understand whats bad in Phantom Menace Obi Wan ~ Phantom Menace Maul , its quiet literally confirmed

Obi-Wan is an exceptional lightsaber duelist and a formidable opponent for Darth Maul.

Credit: The Complete Visual Dictionary

MaulSmacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maulsmacker: It's clear we are never going to agree so would you mind not responding to me in the future and vice versa? Just wouldn't' waste both of our times.

ok won't tag you from now on .

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

#36  Edited By shroudofsorrow

Round 1 is hard to say. The Fett boys have fewer showings in Disney Canon, especially Jango. Round 2 though, Jango has already proven he can beat a credible Dark-Sider who relies heavily on saber combat in Komari Vosa. Throw in his son to help him, and I think that's enough to beat TPM Maul, provided they keep their distance.

It also isn't relevant that Komari isn't exactly on Maul's level in skill; Jango and Boba are not lightsaber duelists and will not engage Maul in such a way. Either Komari or Maul would curbstomp in close quarters, but Jango and Boba know this, and will engage Maul in much the same way Jango engaged Komari; by keeping their distance and bombarding with ranged attacks until the lightsaber wielder is overwhelmed.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 frozen  Moderator

Vader has in no way, shape or form "struggled" with ESB Luke. This argument originated from SI and it's been long debunked. The number of sources attesting to Vader hard dominating Luke is overwhelming. To reiterate, here's a few:

"But Vader is powerful and defeats him easily"

No Caption Provided

"The one sided duel is brutal"

No Caption Provided

"Luke is obviously the weaker opponent in the duel"

No Caption Provided

Luke's skills are referred to as "immature" and "no match" against Vader's skills

No Caption Provided

Luke's skills are again referred to as "immature":

No Caption Provided

Luke is "no match" for Vader:

No Caption Provided

Luke is yet again "no match" for Vader's skill:

No Caption Provided

ReplyQuote • 2 months

Cheth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both Boba and Jango solo in either continuity

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul both rounds.

rundown458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellothere5432: Funny thing is, even ROTJ Luke is capped well beneath TPM Jinn lol:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wolfrazer

Once again a SW thread derails into nonsense, I don't see what bringing up Luke or Vader or their duels gives here to this discussion. While also lowballing Luke extremely.

Boba and Jango aren't particularly strict melee fighters and Maul isn't neither Luke or Vader.

bushin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manaman said:

Canon Mail wins

Legends the Fetts win

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@rundown458: They are legends sources, not canon.

Using Shadows of Empire wouldn't help your case, considering the writer had this to say:

No Caption Provided

And there are many more sources asserting Vader stomped:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Mrsportsguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins the Canon round, but I'm going with the bounty hunters for the legends round via Jango holding his own against AOTC Kenobi who should be on par with TPM Maul, and Boba holding his own against Vader.

LevTarkovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LevTarkovski

Maul wins both rounds, The Fetts actually has likely even less chance to win in Legends taking into account Maul novelization and comic feats that shows how pumped up his physical stats were even compared to how he is now.

shroudofsorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 70

Once again a SW thread derails into nonsense, I don't see what bringing up Luke or Vader or their duels gives here to this discussion. While also lowballing Luke extremely.

Boba and Jango aren't particularly strict melee fighters and Maul isn't neither Luke or Vader.

Plus the obligatory Vader lowballing too. The "Vader and Luke are below Qui-Gon and TPM Obi-Wan" is a pestilence that seems to never die.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers