ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By ShootingNova

@noobsnowman:

Can you bring other similar examples to prove this?

For Ventress, or in general?

In regards to Ventress VS Savage, from my interpretation at least, that Savage was winning due to his sheer physical might than skill. Savage's brute force and endurance was the more relevant factor as compared to Ventress' superior speed, which was why he had the upper hand. So whether Savage beats Ventress in skill, I remain uncertain. But Maul is definitely more skilled than Ventress.

It's the same case here, though. Maul's brute force and endurance are going to be similarly problematic for Ventress, and Ventress doesn't boast speed advantages over him either. And he is more skilled, as you said.

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@shootingnova:

For Ventress, or in general?

In general, TCW related material.

Maul's brute force and endurance are going to be similarly problematic to Ventress

Agreed.

Ventress doesn't boast speed advantages over him either.

Ventress dosen't boast a speed advantage, but she can compete.

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Maul.

This thread was an amusing read through...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Maul. He is a better lightsaber duelist, and Asajj's Makashi is at a serious disadvantage against Maul's offensive and power-based Juyo. Asajj is very good with the Force, but I'm not sure she surpasses Maul. Asajj has collapsed the stones, thrown giant pillars at Anakin, Force Pushed Grievous, choked Anakin and Obi-Wan, pushed Anakin. But Maul ragdolled Kenobi EASILY while Ventress had difficulty holding Anakin and Obi-Wan. And she was pushed to the limit, while 90% of the times Maul ragdolled Kenobi no circumstances were in play. Only one time he was rage amped. Maul has pulled down a Jedi freighter with minimal effort while injured, he has Force Pushed five Battle Droids so hard against a wall they completely made noise and sparks. He has Force Pushed Grievous (with more lasting effect). So yeah. Asajj has been defeated in a 1v1 against Kenobi, who never beat Maul through PURE skill. Physically, Maul just has some good time with her. So, yeah. Asajj can be an annoyance and a hard obstacle but not that much of a threat.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul near-stomps 10/10. He ragdolls, or smashes through her defenses. I can see her putting up a good fight in unarmed martial arts, however.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No.3 vs. No.5

No Caption Provided

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul's feats are enough to make an argument for his vast superiority to Ventress- why did the list have to be brought up? Why must some always push it?

Avatar image for in-sidiousvader
In-sidiousvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul TCW > Kenobi TCW > Asajj Ventress

Richard96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul stomps.

KeenCraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, Maul with modest trouble

NeutronStar666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins 10/10 with moderate difficulty.

CuckedCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul. Ventress puts up a good resistance but eventually loses her head...literally

Formally_Darth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does this exist? Maul honestly stomps. Savage Opress outmatched Asajj Ventress; how can she ever pose any threat to Maul? Count Dooku also stomped her several times, so there's no reason Maul can't do the same. Maul easily takes this 10/10.

No Caption Provided

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@formally_darth: There was no need to bump a thread that was dead for 9 months.

Maul wins, and if he doesn’t get cocky, he should win pretty comfortably.

Formally_Darth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: Unfamiliar with bumping threads. Is that like reviving debates? If so, I'm not quite used to that. On other platforms people resurrect old arguments constantly, so is this just something that isn't liked here, then? Or is it because it's unnecessary? Either way, just throwing out my opinion on the matter, even if it's been decided quite some time ago.

HellfireUnit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul takes this at least 9/10. Not in a stomp though.

ElSebbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul.

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: Unfamiliar with bumping threads. Is that like reviving debates? If so, I'm not quite used to that. On other platforms people resurrect old arguments constantly, so is this just something that isn't liked here, then? Or is it because it's unnecessary? Either way, just throwing out my opinion on the matter, even if it's been decided quite some time ago.

It's not liked and unnecessary when the person bumping the thread is saying the same thing as the past several posts said.

Formally_Darth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Formally_Darth

@yousufkhan1212 said:

Maul.

This thread was an amusing read through...

Didn't you essentially do the same here when it had been dormant for seven months? I get your point though. I'm just not used to it due to debating on different platforms previously.

YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Richard96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul 10/10

Formally_Darth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Formally_Darth
YousufKhan1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@formally_darth: That wasn't the only instance I bumped a thread. In one or two other instances of bumping threads, I was told that it's disliked by users and unnecessary. I'm also sure that mods frown upon it, even though they don't really call out people who bump those threads unless if it involves banned characters.

Formally_Darth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yousufkhan1212: Yeah, I've been trying to only tackle threads that have reached conclusions I disagree with, or threads that are more complicated. In this thread's case, I was frustrated by a couple users that I couldn't prevent myself from adding my perspective.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prime Maul stomps, but TCW Maul still wins every time.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Maul wins regardless of Canon or Legends.

It's easier in Canon, though.

Kirkseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its closer than Dooku vs Ventress, that's all I'll say.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would definitely write this as a super close fight tbh. I feel like Maul has been downgraded (or just jobs) a bit to make the fights and episodes more interesting. While in reality, he should be a pretty top dog fighter in SW given the statements about him being one of the most well trained and dangerous Sith in history....yet tons of fighters can match or even beat/stomp him. Like, the Ahsoka fight was fantastic to watch and that episode was amazing overall. But you're telling me that the guy who could hold his own/have the upper hand on Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together, could stomp Savage Opress, briefly hold his own against Sidious in a duel, and is generally considered a rough peer to almost prime Kenobi can't beat an out-of-practice Ahsoka without it being a prolonged fight in which he takes a number of shots himself?

I do think Maul would ultimately win though.

MattyBoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They would definitely write this as a super close fight tbh. I feel like Maul has been downgraded (or just jobs) a bit to make the fights and episodes more interesting. While in reality, he should be a pretty top dog fighter in SW given the statements about him being one of the most well trained and dangerous Sith in history....yet tons of fighters can match or even beat/stomp him. Like, the Ahsoka fight was fantastic to watch and that episode was amazing overall. But you're telling me that the guy who could hold his own/have the upper hand on Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan together, could stomp Savage Opress, briefly hold his own against Sidious in a duel, and is generally considered a rough peer to almost prime Kenobi can't beat an out-of-practice Ahsoka without it being a prolonged fight in which he takes a number of shots himself?

I do think Maul would ultimately win though.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for leijonasorjonen
LeijonaSorjonen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By LeijonaSorjonen

Maul 10/10

Ventress may be capable giving some brief fight just like she did against Dooku or Anakin in specific moments, but is a solid lost.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

An important thing to note about this matchup is that it takes place on Dathomir:

Both Bloodlusted

Random encounter

10ft apart

Takes place in Dathomir

Maul only has Darksaber

All movie and comic feats apply

And Dathomir is a major dark side nexus:

"The Nightsisters' rule was but a memory, but Dathomir remained steeped in dark-side powers."

-- StarWars.com: History Gallery

"The planet had a strong connection to the Force..."

-- The Official Star Wars Fact Files Relaunched

"This planet resonates with the dark side of the Force."

-- Empire at War: Forces of Corruption

"DATHOMIR: Shadowy Force-sensitive world of the Nightsisters."

-- The Official Star Wars Fact Files Relaunched

"The dark side saturates Dathomir..."

-- Star Wars Republic: Infinity's End

So this isn't base TCW Maul versus base TCW Ventress. In fact, Ventress should benefit more from the nexus than Maul, as she was a Nightsister, and they have a special connection to Dathomir's power:

"Bordering dense swamplands are the massive stone fortresses of the Nightsisters, a witch clan capable of wielding unique magic fueled by the life forces of the planet."

-- StarWars.com: Encyclopedia(Old)

"The Nightsisters can tap into the magical ichor of the planet, which flows from its depths as a luminescent green mist. Wielding sorcery unique to their clan, the witches had the power to compel and transform."

-- StarWars.com: Encyclopedia(Old)

"The strange magicks of the Nightsisters are strongest when on their native world of Dathomir..."

-- StarWars.com: Encyclopedia(old)

So Ventress should already have the advantage.

Most importantly, both Ventress and Maul have battled General Grievous on Dathomir, and both have taken the upper hand. Maul tagged him with the Force:

No Caption Provided

And Ventress forced him into a retreat before cutting off a hand:

No Caption Provided

Which sounds more impressive?

Ventress wins.

LevTarkovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Maul wins 10/10.

CT-5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Maul. While enraged, he fought on equal footing with Darth Sidious and even pressed him for a while.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Maul wins 10/10.

Why do you believe that Maul can overcome Ventress on a place like Dathomir, when both have dueled Grievous here and Ventress did better?

Void_Reborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@levtarkovski said:

Darth Maul wins 10/10.

Why do you believe that Maul can overcome Ventress on a place like Dathomir, when both have dueled Grievous here and Ventress did better?

Oh I didn't notice this was on Dathomir. In that case Ventress wins very narrowly.