User Lists: 2

LOL. Maul wins just about every time.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maul should win, even if he only has his one-bladed lightsaber.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4 JediXMan  Moderator

Maul.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Maul stomps. (Even TPM Maul can stomp)

Read his feats ; http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/darth-maul-vs-darth-tyranus-1523863/#5

Ventess's rival should be Savage, and i highly doubt that she can defeat him.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShootingNova

Maul wins 10 out of 10, but whether he stomps is debatable. TPM one certainly doesn't. Ventress's TK feats surpass TPM Maul's ones and her dueling feats are at least of the same tier. However, this is TCW, so Ventress can give some form of challenge but really should lose in dueling, and her physically lax Makashi doesn't help her either. Beyond that, it can be noted that Maul's Teras Kasi could somewhat limit her effectiveness as a duelist, and under the strain or repelling such a savage assault I don't think Ventress's superior TK feats, which required more freedom and concentration than would be afforded in this scenario, are going to be of help.

Maul still retains notably superior strength, endurance, healing and martial prowess.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul is not winning 10/10. Ventress has fought Obi-Wan evenly several times. She wins at least 1/10.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: Once, really. To be frank running away after a good duel isn't exactly even. I call it contending. It's good, but still. And Maul was at least as good as Obi-Wan, but has more strength, which puts Ventress at a disadvantage and hinders her dueling. Plus his Teras Kasi could be of help.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Intrepid37

@shootingnova: Once? I count at least twice in Republic. Ventress is a good duelist, nearly as good as Obi-Wan, who is Maul's peer in swordsmanship.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShootingNova

@intrepid37: I'm not sure, I remember one only. Although to be fair she has held her own against both Obi-Wan and Anakin in the past. However, as I said Maul's strength and Teras Kasi tips that scale back in his favor.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul's E.U. Feats are much better than in the movies. Given what I've seen I'd give it to Maul, but as it stands I could be convinced otherwise since they are more or less on the same level.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I think his edge in sheer power and TK would be more decisive than strength.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@intrepid37: Maul doesn't elect to use TK from the get-go, but he could win if he chooses to do so later. And I was referencing you when you said Ventress's dueling feats are of the same scale. Maul's innately superior strength and martial prowess skewers the dueling compartment in his favor.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thebluedragon20
thebluedragon20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread confuses me.

This is maul as of his and Savage's fight against sidious on mandalore, in which case Maul should win in a decent fight. He is more skilled as a dualist, overcoming and matching Kenobi on a more consistent basis than ventress, and he is far more powerful than her with the force by virtue of overcoming Kenobi almost every time hey have engaged in the force, while ventress has only done so with rage amps.

All around maul 7-8/10

HitTheAssasin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins.

GangOrca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul is the better duelist and edges out in terms of the force.

DirtyLuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DirtyLuna

It's by no means a stomp but Maul should win rather decisively. I see no scenario in which Ventress takes a majority. Maul is physically stronger, has better saber feats and slightly outstrips her with his force might. Maul wins somewhere between 7 and 9/10.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebluedragon20 said:

This thread confuses me.

This is maul as of his and Savage's fight against sidious on mandalore, in which case Maul should win in a decent fight. He is more skilled as a dualist, overcoming and matching Kenobi on a more consistent basis than ventress, and he is far more powerful than her with the force by virtue of overcoming Kenobi almost every time hey have engaged in the force, while ventress has only done so with rage amps.

All around maul 7-8/10

That's all well and good, but Ventress has not only negated telekinetic blasts from Anakin:

No Caption Provided

But actually overpowered him on several occasions:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

His body is lifted off the ground, it is only the walls behind him that cut her throwing short.

Mind you, this version of Anakin is from the later stages of the war, only a year before ROTS(at the most). Second gif is 20 bby, during the Battle of Sullust, first gif is from the Battle of Kamino which is established as having happened shortly before the Battle of Sullust.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Could just be me, but I find overpowering Anakin to be more impressive than overpowering Obi-Wan.

It's by no means a stomp but Maul should win rather decisively. I see no scenario in which Ventress takes a majority. Maul is physically stronger, has better saber feats and slightly outstrips her with his force might. Maul wins somewhere between 7 and 9/10.

Perhaps in raw strength, but Asajj has him rather noticeably outmatched when it comes to physical striking power. Compare when Maul -- with his large velociraptor legs -- landed two consecutive hits on a weakened version of Obi-Wan -- he had just been beaten into unconsciousness before -- to when an injured Asajj landed a single kick on a fresh Obi-Wan:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The difference is pretty obvious. Obi-Wan was momentarily stunned by Maul's heavy kicks, and further hurt, but he held on nonetheless. By contrast a single hit from Asajj completely knocked out and disarmed Obi-Wan, and he remained unconscious for 8 more seconds. And again, Maul had more physically formidable legs in that fight than he does now, and he was facing a weaker Obi-Wan. Asajj was not only facing a stronger Obi-Wan, but was herself injured.

@gangorca said:

Maul is the better duelist and edges out in terms of the force.

It's by no means a stomp but Maul should win rather decisively. I see no scenario in which Ventress takes a majority. Maul is physically stronger, has better saber feats

He is more skilled as a dualist, overcoming and matching Kenobi on a more consistent basis than ventress,

What does Maul have to his name that Ventress has not already replicated if not exceeded? Blade-to-blade, she matched 20 bby Anakin:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Repeatedly matched Anakin and Obi-Wan individually throughout TCW:

No Caption Provided

~ The Official Star Wars Fact Files #48, Relaunched(2014)

Competitively engaged them both yet again on an individual basis while injured:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Hardpressed S6 Obi-Wan's defenses:

“You don’t understand,” Ventress cried. “You weren’t there!” She whirled, targeting Kenobi now instead of Vos. Her green lightsaber was a blur and Kenobi was hard-pressed to parry.

“You know,” he said, slipping his blade alongside hers then twisting it to throw her off balance, “I rather think fighting you was easier when I was trying to kill you.”

Vos leaned against the wall, panting, his torso slick with blood and sweat. From his position he could see down the next corridor.

“We’ve got company!” he shouted, and sure enough, Kenobi could hear the clatter of metallic feet. Ventress abruptly dodged Kenobi’s blow and returned her focus to Vos.

~ Dark Disciple

Staved off a bloodlusted, enraged Quinlan Vos over the course of a marathon duel -- and she was holding back against him:

With a snap-hiss, Tholme’s lightsaber sprang to life, and Vos charged.

Ventress was barely able to activate her own lightsaber and bring it up in time to prevent him from slicing her head off. Faster than she had ever seen him move before, even when she had pressed him on Dathomir, Vos twisted, and her blade slid off his. He rained blow after blow, his teeth bared in a snarl, forcing Ventress back down the corridor.

Vos had been a Jedi Master, and while she had defeated such before, the battle was never easily won. Now those skills were augmented by a dark side that had greedily feasted on his pain and rage. It seemed to her that his blows were effortless, and he did not tire. Ventress had to reach him, somehow.

Vos was drunk with this new power, unfettered, as she was, by the thought of striking a lethal blow. While she was only attempting to either knock him out or seize his lightsaber, he wanted her dead.

“You used me!” he shrieked. Left, right, left he struck, and she parried, feeling the jarring up her arm. Their blades sizzled, the two green blades striking sparks off each other.

“You came to me!” Ventress reminded him. “You asked for my help! The Council--”

Vos bellowed, springing back and shoving hard with his left hand. Ventress was hurled backward, slamming into the unforgiving stone wall.

Shattered, Ventress rolled out of the way as he leapt at her, bringing up her blade in a frantic parry as he forced her around the corner. She called his name, again and again, but Vos was now deaf to any plea she might utter. Ventress realized that he would not stop until he had killed her.

And for one brief moment, she wanted him to. It would be easier than living without him, knowing that this was where she had unwittingly led him.

No.

She would not give up. She would not let Dooku and the dark side have him.

With his fury-fueled attacks Vos forced her to retreat, back toward the exit, and Ventress let him do so. She understood now that he was too far gone to be talked into accompanying her willingly, but if she could bring the fight back out into the open, she might be able to maneuver him toward Fett and the others. The aid of even one of the bounty hunters might be enough to subdue Vos and drag him onto one of the ships.

Even though she retreated deliberately, Vos’s attack demanded every bit of her focus. He seemed to grow stronger, his attacks more powerful, while Ventress had to draw on everything she had simply to stay alive.

As they turned another corner, Ventress nearly stumbled over the debris of a battle droid she had torn apart but a few moments before. Ventress landed on her feet and immediately brought up her weapon to deflect the blur of Tholme’s lightsaber. She used the Force to shove it and Vos back, and kept retreating.

It seemed like an eternity before Ventress saw that the dimness of the corridors was growing brighter. Hope surged in her as she realized that they were close to the exit. The emotion made her careless; she found herself suddenly lifted and flung backward out the door.

Ventress sailed through the air for several meters, landing hard and awkwardly, and for a wild moment was unable to rise.

~ Dark Disciple

Forced Dark Disciple Dooku to retreat when they dueled 1 on 1:

Snarling, Ventress charged at Dooku, reveling in the strength of her muscles as she dealt strike after strike. Her old Master parried expertly, but she forced him back. He dodged to one side. Just as Ventress realized she had overextended, Dooku’s left hand clamped down on her right wrist and he brought up his own lightsaber. It was Ventress’s turn to seize his arm and hold the scarlet blade at bay. For an instant, the two, their faces only centimeters apart, stared into each other’s eyes in a mockery of lovers.

~ Dark Disciple

Dark Disciple Dooku being equal to S6 Anakin:

Skywalker, however, wasted no time in banter. He leapt at once for Dooku. Blue and red lightsabers clashed and sizzled.

The droids had begun firing, and Kenobi batted the bolts back with practiced ease, doing his best to angle the shots so they returned to the droid that fired them. Ventress paid neither Dooku nor the battle droids any heed. She vaulted down to the third, lowest level.

Still crouching, she thrust out both hands, Force-grabbed a droid in each one, flung them behind her. Both droids hurtled toward the lightsaber combatants. Dooku glanced up and sprang down to the second level. Anakin followed him.

Two droids approached Kenobi, firing at him simultaneously. The Jedi Master leapt upward, clinging briefly to the ceiling as the droids realized, too late, that they were now firing at each other.

“He’s not here!” Ventress shouted over her shoulder to Obi-Wan. She sliced the head off of one battle droid, Force-threw another against the bulkhead. Six remained.

“Get back up here and cover me!” Kenobi shouted, fighting his way over to one of the consoles on the first level. Ventress leapt across the bridge and positioned herself between Kenobi, who was checking the ship’s computer in an attempt to locate Vos, and the droids who were firing on him.

She spared a glance for Dooku, one level down. The fight between him and Anakin was close and constantly shifting. Ventress felt a brief flash of amusement as she realized that for the first time, she was actually rooting for Skywalker.

Dooku made claws of his hands, and Force lightning crackled in the space between him and Anakin. Skywalker got his lightsaber up and held his own, slitting his eyes against the blue glare and flying sparks. Still sending Force lightning with one hand, Dooku reached out with the other. A dismembered droid torso shot up in the air, hovered there, and then Dooku flung it at Anakin. The Jedi leapt down to the third level, and the count followed him.

With their master otherwise occupied on the other side of the bridge, the remaining droids opened fire freely. Dozens of bolts streaked toward Ventress and Kenobi. Calmly, Ventress batted back some with her lightsaber; the others she simply redirected using the Force. Three more droids fell, twitching and sparking.

“I’ve got him!” Kenobi shouted to be heard over the noise of combat. “Ventress, he’s not on the bridge because he’s in the brig! He’s still a captive! Do you realize what this means? There is no ‘Admiral Enigma.’ Dooku’s been using Vos as a tool to lower Jedi morale!”

Ventress was flooded by joy so intense that she almost couldn’t breathe. Renewed energy filled her and she reached out, grabbed a protesting droid in the Force, and smashed him down.

“You two go on!” called Anakin. He dodged a strike from Dooku’s red lightsaber that whizzed past the top of his head and brought his own blade up for a counterstrike. “I’ll take care of him!”

“Insolent whelp,” snapped Dooku, parrying Skywalker’s strike.

Together Ventress and Kenobi cut down the remaining droids. Debris toppled everywhere, legs and arms, heads and parts of torsos. When they reached the door and raced through it, Ventress took a moment to pierce the controls with her lightsaber.

“Anakin’s still in there,” Kenobi said.

“So is Dooku,” she retorted. “And this way, he can’t summon droids to improve his odds.”

“Excellent point,” Kenobi conceded. “The brig is--”

“On the level below us,” Ventress said. “Come on!”

~ Dark Disciple

Not to mention, actually holding the upper hand over (velociraptor legs) Maul when they fought:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So what exactly are these "better saber feats"? Repeatedly being outperformed by Obi-Wan?

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OT: Asajj defeats him following a tough match. She's just a more impressive fighter and Force wielder.

Avatar image for deactivated-61215780523f9
deactivated-61215780523f9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ventress gives him a good fight for sure but I think Maul takes it more often than not.

Avatar image for daddyprometheus
DaddyPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins boy.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close fight but I’d say Maul wins 7-8/10

Avatar image for deactivated-6081fb94189dc
deactivated-6081fb94189dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul wins.

LevTarkovski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul, clearly.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OT: Asajj defeats him following a tough match. She's just a more impressive fighter and Force wielder.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Maul gets my vote.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If Pre-Prime TCW S4 Maul drives her back and overwhelms her with his raw power,

No Caption Provided
Source: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Episode 22 (2012)

''Kenobi and Ventress are overwhelmed by the raw power of Maul and Opress.''

Source: Starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/revenge-episode-gallery

Dave Filoni: ''But eventually they (Kenobi & Ventress) are going to lose in that space, in that situation, and they needed to flee.''

Source: Star Wars Celebration Clone Wars Season Five Premiere (2012)

imagine what Prime TCW Maul could do to her.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12 said:

If Pre-Prime TCW S4 Maul drives her back and overwhelms her with his raw power,

No Caption Provided
Source: The Clone Wars - Season 4 Episode 22 (2012)

''Kenobi and Ventress are overwhelmed by the raw power of Maul and Opress.''

Source: Starwars.com/tv-shows/clone-wars/revenge-episode-gallery

Dave Filoni: ''But eventually they (Kenobi & Ventress) are going to lose in that space, in that situation, and they needed to flee.''

Source: Star Wars Celebration Clone Wars Season Five Premiere (2012)

imagine what Prime TCW Maul could do to her.

Ventress and Kenobi were never overwhelmed by raw power in that fight, so the source is inaccurate and thus invalid.

Landing blows >>> pushing someone back. All Maul can do is briefly make Ventress take one or two steps back, then he gets kicked.

The team would lose because of Kenobi's mental unbalance, Ventress was beating Maul and outskilling Savage. Before getting mentally unbalanced, Kenobi was beating Maul too.

SonOfDarkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SonOfDarkness

Maul is better but not by much IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven said:

Ventress gives him a good fight for sure but I think Maul takes it more often than not.

The same way Savage gave Maul a "good fight"??

Maul didn't get kicked in the jaw twice when he fought Savage and failed to subdue her in the amount of time he did with Savage.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@lord_tenebrous: Thank you for posting all of that about Ventress. I find her to often be severely underrated despite on screen contending with some of the best fighters in the verse.

I'll say Maul, but this is a close fight and I only see Maul taking it like 5.5/10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@emmafrostxmen:

She'd be lucky to grab 2 wins out of 10, at least when they're at their peaks.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but a character doesn't become inherently powerful for having a pussy between their legs.

EmmaFrostXmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EmmaFrostXmen

@kirkseven: My preference for character design and physical features has no weight in this thread. Maul is in my top ten favorite star wars characters. Ventress isn't even really close to that, I have no bias, and Ventress has several feats on the level of most of Maul's best as pointed out above.

Flagged for bullying also. I do not come on this site to deal with people like you, and I definitely didn't come here to get attacked for finding one gender cooler to watch on screen than the other, have a nice life :D

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul every time but with effort.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kirkseven: My preference for character design and physical features has no weight in this thread. Maul is in my top ten favorite star wars characters. Ventress isn't even really close to that, I have no bias, and Ventress has several feats on the level of most of Maul's best as pointed out above.

Flagged for bullying also. I do not come on this site to deal with people like you, and I definitely didn't come here to get attacked for finding one gender cooler to watch on screen than the other, have a nice life :D

You say you aren't biased, then proceed to say you find one gender cooler than the other?

I don't think you know what bullying means or what flagging is for either.

I have no issues with you either, but I thought it would be funny to point out your obvious bias towards female characters with a sarcastic reply.

Avatar image for deactivated-6098713be0993
deactivated-6098713be0993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Canon: Maul stomps.

Legends: Maul, decent fight.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul is superior across the board. Ventress can definitely put up a good/great fight though.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_tenebrous: Thank you for posting all of that about Ventress. I find her to often be severely underrated despite on screen contending with some of the best fighters in the verse.

I'll say Maul, but this is a close fight and I only see Maul taking it like 5.5/10

Of course. And she is indeed.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers