Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fetts

Rules: 
-Morals off. 
-Random encounter. 
-Fight takes place in the ruins of the Jedi Temple. 
-These are the EU versions. 

No Caption Provided
 vs 
No Caption Provided

Here's a video on Darth Malgus: 

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jeanroygrant

darth malgus

Kingshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kingshark

From what I've seen in that video - Darth Malgus.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GhostRider29

This is an actual good fight. But from what I've read about Darth Maul, he takes this. Sweet video though.

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By crackerjack82

maul for the win,

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By daak1212

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Skaddix

Yes put out the call for the experts.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By dane

Having read Deceived (Malgus' novel), I'd say Malgus was significantly more powerful in the Force. However, Maul was significantly better trained in lightsaber combat.

Darth Maul 8/10.

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By GhostRider29

@Dane: Is Deceived any good? I've been trying to read more on star wars.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By dane

@GhostRider29 said:

@Dane: Is Deceived any good? I've been trying to read more on star wars.

Yeah, it's quite good. I think the writer could have used some more sophisticated English. It felt like a book aimed at teenagers, with the sentence structure sometimes. However, on the whole it was a good read.

Army2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Army2442

What are some siginicant feats for both characters?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#12  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Have never and probably will never read any of the SWTOR tie-in books (other than Revan), so I cannot say.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Im dont really know about too much of the Old Republic era,but im gonna go with Malgus.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By King_Saturn
those are some creepy looking ninjas there... 
I think Darth Malgus would probably win though... 
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By nefarious

Judging from what I have seen from Malgus, I'd say he wins but not easily.

Fetts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fetts

Bump!

Roman_Sionis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Roman_Sionis

@jedixman: @mrdecepticonleader: @nefarious: @king_saturn: @fetts: Hmm lets see...Maul went toe to toe with Sidious and landed some good punches, is an expert assassin and a better fighter then malgus, Malgus has better force power but Maul has been shown to be able to handle Extensive Force users before, combine that with his incredible fighting skill and Id say Maul wins

Malgus has good force powers, but from what I seen he is not to good with a saber, relying on dominant strength from his size much like Savage, so imagine Savage more skilled and with more force prowess basically, but it has been stated time and time again Maul is possibly one of the best fighters with a saber out there.

Oh and does Maul have a single or double saber here?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman: @mrdecepticonleader: @nefarious: @king_saturn: @fetts: Hmm lets see...Maul went toe to toe with Sidious and landed some good punches

... stopped reading right there.

Maul landed one hit - one. Palpatine was stomping the entire time, while holding back. The second Palpatine started trying, the fight was over (hint: when he just picked up Maul and tossed him around like a rag doll)

This is not a good feat. It's called getting lucky against somebody who was holding back while Maul was trying hard.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SSJDarthPlagueis

Hmmm Malgus might takes this.

Though I give credit for Maul standing toe to toe with Palpatine even though Palpatine was not really putting much effort into the duel.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul has better saber play. But Malgus is much stronger in the force and implemented more often than Maul did. Malgus is stronger due to some of his cybernetic part but I'm not sure if either is faster than the other.Normal humans couldn't follow his moves well. Malgus has some great durability feats like taking that grenade to the face and making effective use of force shield. I want to give it to Malgus since this isn't just a saber duel. He's no slouch with a saber either. He just isn't as refined as Maul. Malgus is also proficient in Jar'Kai as well but he never has a second saber. Maul's Juyo could defeat Malgus's Ataru since he's fought Ataru users before(2 at the same time at that). This isn't just a saber fight though and I think Malgus should take the majority since he uses his force powers more often and has decent variety. Hardly takes it though 6/10

Roman_Sionis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: You sure Sidious was holding back? I am nearly sure I saw a struggle face atleast once in that fight. And no, he was dodging most of Sidious attacks as well. Malgus is not even quick enough to dodge, and not powerful enough to block an attack of Sidious. And you should not of stopped reading right there.

Roman_Sionis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Yes but Cybernetics weaken your connection of the force. Look at Darth Vader, he was more powerful as Anakin and not Vader. A lot of people seem to think cause of his Cybernetics. But we need to know which versions they are, the one with Maul no cybernetic and Double saber, or the single sabered cybernetic one. Double Saber was probly stronger as it had more force connection

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PhantomLantern8

@roman_sionis: IMO I would consider the Force as a non-factor for Maul as he rarely uses it in the middle of a saber duel. @jedixman Was Maul not considered one of the best duelists in Sith history?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman Was Maul not considered one of the best duelists in Sith history?

I suppose so. I still consider Dooku to be a superior duelist (the man who stalemated Mace and continually beats Obi-Wan - two of whom are some of the best duelist in Jedi history). Palpatine, obviously, is superior.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roman_sionis: Malgus doesn't have nearly the amount of cybernetics as Vader. IMO it shouldn't matter much for Maul because he hardly applied the force much. He said it was an act of desperation. He preferred Lightsaber dueling above everything. Single sabered Maul still put up some good fights but it's hard to gauge whether or not he was better or worse than before he died. I'd say he was just as good if not better.

Roman_Sionis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: @phantomlantern8: @darthaznable: Well yes I know not as much cybernetics but I was just using Vader as an example not a comparison. But yes Maul does not matter about it. But he does use force push when desperate or choke and I think the fact that Sidious moves so acrobatically and all that is PIS....an old man can not move like that lol XD

Avatar image for phantomlantern8
PhantomLantern8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman: @phantomlantern8: @darthaznable: Well yes I know not as much cybernetics but I was just using Vader as an example not a comparison. But yes Maul does not matter about it. But he does use force push when desperate or choke and I think the fact that Sidious moves so acrobatically and all that is PIS....an old man can not move like that lol XD

You haven't watched/played/read much Star Wars, have you?

Roman_Sionis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomlantern8: I was just kidding man haha I know why he is so skillful lol hence the lol XD at the end

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roman_sionis: Yoda is way older than Sidious and he moves with more acrobatic prowess than almost anyone. Even Qui-Gon-Jinn in the comics was able to jump around being an ataru user and he was old. Age in Star Wars means far less than it would in real life. Heck some old guys in real life are incredibly strong, ripped, etc.

Roman_Sionis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

TPM Maul is possibly faster and definitely more skilled, while Malgus is more powerful, and it would be a good fight.If this is TCW Maul, though, he should win just about every time.

Was Maul not considered one of the best duelists in Sith history?

Yes. This was stated in one of the fact files, IIRC.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

TPM Maul wins 6-7/ 10

TCW Maul would take the 8-9/10 majority.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malgus took a frag granade to the face and was still going afterwards. He also is much much more dedicated to the dark side. His entire storyline in Swtor was about his desire to just fight. He believed that the proper way of life was constant warfare. With that in mind I would say he is probably a tactical genius.

Plus Maul has crappy reflexes due to how Obi-Wan 'cut him down to size'. lol

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova:

Why not?

He is the better duelist by a decent margin, and when it comes to physical attributes Maul is faster, possibly stronger - though I think Malgus may have the better pain soak.

Malgus is more powerful in the Force, but in Maul's defense he never really cut-lose during TPM.

As stated multiple times in the past, the winner of battles in Star Wars is almost always decided by dueling skills over Force powers, unless the gap is huge to the point it outweighs the dueling advantage - which I don't think it does here.

7/10 maybe a stretch, but I say Maul winning 6/10 is a fair assessment.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He is the better duelist by a decent margin,

That's true enough. However, the nature of Maul's dueling feats are a bit overrated sometimes. For example, Anoon Bondara is a formidable duelist, but doesn't really have any feats - and we know Qui-Gon and Mace Windu are better duelists. Darsha Assant, Komari Vosa, etc. aren't really that good at all.

TPM Kenobi is decent - he is fast, but his dueling skill doesn't make him very formidable. Obviously, he was amped during his fight with Maul, but still. Beating Qui-Gon is his best dueling feat, and while Qui-Gon does have a number of accolades, he doesn't have many feats, aside from outsparring Xanatos and Feemor, who are featless as duelists (and who, IIRC, defeated him when they attacked in concert). I'm not sure what his performance(s) against Dark Jedi Xanatos was (were), simply because I don't own the JA series.

Conversely, Malgus defeated Kao Cen Darach (who was a Battlemaster) and Ven Zallow (who was a Council Master). Obviously the two of them haven't done much aside from slay fodder, but to be fair, Malgus defeated them quicker than Maul defeated his opponents, not to mention he wasn't even in his prime, especially against Darach.

Maul is faster, possibly stronger - though I think Malgus may have the better pain soak.

Not sure about stronger, but frankly these should be next to negligible. Malgus does have considerably superior endurance.

Malgus is more powerful in the Force, but in Maul's defense he never really cut-lose during TPM.

The disparity between them in the Force is most certainly at least as large as the skill disparity or possibly even larger, only that it goes in the opposite direction. From feats, Malgus is vastly superior, but obviously Maul has never really exhibited maximum effort. Most of his TK feats are rather casual, so it shouldn't be a stomp. Still quite a big disparity, and probably enough to change the tide.

Roman_Sionis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: While I do agree with everything you have said, it has been stated Maul is one of the best duelists of all time and I can not say the same for Malgus, and as so and so stated, Saber skill decides fights mostly. I do agree Malgus has the better pain soaked but if he gets a lightsaber slash to say the arm or gut it will not be so good as a Stun Grenade, and No it was not a...what do you call it again? Um the Detanator no Thermal Detonator, yeah that. Anyway I am sure, if a Sith could live from one a Trooper could not so I think it was a stun personally

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roman_sionis: I realize. I never said anything about Maul not being a better duelist than Malgus - I just said Malgus is comparable. Defeating Shan is actually not too bad a feat - since Shan has stalemated Darth Baras, who while not swimming in feats, has at least defeated Darth Angral, a highly reputable swordsman with the sole feat of outfighting Orgus Din. Din is featless, but he is a highly reputable swordsman and was the most experienced Jedi when it came to fighting against Sith - so that feat does have merit. That does sound like a lot of ABC logic, but it's applicable based off the fact that there were no circumstances in those fights.

Intrepid37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Malgus' status as one of the most skilful Sith Lords in an era where Sith swarmed around Coruscant as the chinese does China, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say that either would Maul beat him in an extremely close fight, or they'd be equals.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

equal or maul wins

Transformaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul is beast

MarvelouFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Malgus will win he is pretty much a walking tank and didn´t he pretty much defend himself against Bastila Shan and beat her in saber combat, so Malgus does have experience defending himself against against saber staffs. Malgus´s cybernetics also incresaed his strenght and durability quite handily. I do believe that while Maul is more agile Malgus has the strenght and durability advantage. I think Malgus will cut Maul´s saber in half and Maul carries on with one saber thus making it pretty much a power duel, and while Maul tries to compensate himself with the strenght Malgus. Unfortunately for Maul power dueling is right on Malgus´s alley and he will win after a good fight. I am not saying Maul is not competent with one saber far from it, i am saying that it is alteration of tactic that Malgus will take one huge one advantage of with just pressuring Maul with the saber and ensuring his victory with his superior force abilities. Malgus takes 7/10. Maul will put up a good fight but Malgus will pressure Maul and prevent him from altering his tactics. This is atleast how i see this fight go. If any of my info is incorrect please correct me :D

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marveloufury: I can correct you in many mistakes:Firstly-its Satele not Bastila,secondly-even if Malgus has experiences against staffs Maul on his prime wasnt using staffs he would probably use single or dual blades.Maul is much more agile and he is a zabrak so he is can take alot of punisment.He is definitly better duelist i think.Sure Malgus can use lightning but Maul should be able to block it with lightsaber.

Maul 7-8/10.

MarvelouFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor:

I did not even notice messed up the names sorry about that :(

I still believe Malgus would take this he has excpirience aginst staff weapons but even more against single sabers. Malgus can hold off Maul in saber combat, but even if Maul would be able to apparently overpower Malgus he will resort to his force abilities he has powerful force pushes and force lightning. Indeed Maul is tough but i dont think he can handle with the tk but, the lightning Maul maybe can shrug it off (those he cant block that is) he can resist it but only to a point (given his zabrak heritage and his insane amount of discipline) however Malgus has a strong lightning and even if it is not strong enough to phase Maul Malgus has tk strong enough to keep him staggered with the least if not anything else. When Malgus was buried under rock after Satele beat him after he clawed himself under the rubble he encoutered two jedi and bested them and, he did all this while being a physical wreck who needed augmentations just to survive. Both can tank damage like crazy however i do say that Maul will have a tough time keeping up with Malgus´s force abilities. However i do believe that with the expirience Malgus has backed up with his insane durability and his augmented strength also the augmentations were not limiting like Vaders so, basically Malgus is Vader with more mobility and abilities. This is my opiniion and i respect yours cause i can see Maul getting the best of Malgus but, most of the time i see Malgus getting the edge. :)

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Finally, sith versus sith battle.

Maul 6 of 10 wins.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Bump.. awesome fight

I'll give this to Maul 6.5/10.

Skill - I haven't yet read the SWTOR tie-ins, but I'm definitely going to. But anyway, I think it's safe to say Maul has the edge in skill. Although Malgus is hardly an unskilled brute who relies on his strength.. we've seen his fights against Satele Shan as well as his intro cinematics from SWTOR.

Strength - I'll give it to Malgus, barely, and I say barely purely because both of these guys are behemoths, but Malgus is just bigger in size.

Speed - I don't know who's faster since I haven't seen many of Malgus' speed feats, but, I doubt there is a huge disparity. Malgus took part in some crazy battles, dodging attacks left, right and center, killing multiple jedi while timing telekinetic saber throws. I'll also note that both guys are incredibly agile.

Durability/Pain Tolerance - Going to go ahead and say that these guys are equal here.

In terms of lower-scale durability feats, Maul has taken some huge beatings even without the force to help him in Lockdown, and with the force aiding him, he's won a lightsaber duel and killed a massive worm after just being shot point blank in the shoulder by a blaster. He's shrugged off essentially being run over by a speeder/vehicle. The repulsors I think it was, ran over his face. A droid estimated that he should of been unconscious but he recovered remarkably quickly. He's managed to tank explosions at close range, and survive 30 meter falls while dodging buildings/ledges. He's even endured being cooked alive at 200 degrees while having his hands burned to a crisp while balancing on steel walls.

Malgus has tanked explosions at close range, even a point blank grenade, numerous times. He's taken extremely powerful force blasts from Satele Shan and kept going. Like I said I haven't read the tie-in novels, but I know from what I've seen so far that this guy is a beast.

In terms of their higher tier durability feats.. Malgus recovered from having a freaking mountain crumble on top of him, while Maul recovered from being cut in half and falling hundreds of feet. So I really don't see the disparity in durability here, these guys can take everything they throw at eachother that isn't lethal.

Force Powers

Giving Malgus the edge here. Simply put, while Maul does have proficieny in force powers, probably around Malgus' level if a bit less, he simply doesn't use it as much as he should. Malgus on the other hand constantly chains force powers into his fights, whether it be lightning, telekinetically throwing and choking Jedi while fighting them, or using a TK saber throw. So I'd have to give Malgus an edge here.

Verdict

Both of these guys are physically powerful, agile and can take a beating. Maul has the edge in martial arts knowledge and application while Malgus is the better force user. However, both of these guys are extremely aggressive fighters. They're going to be up close and personal, duking it out until one of them lands a fatal blow. And that person is going to be Maul, simply because he is the better fighter. He'll likely get thrown around a bit by TK, but this will only anger him, and when you put two raging bulls against eachother the smarter one is more likely to win.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ShootingNova

@i_like_swords: I do agree on a number of your analyses, but the durability one I'm not so sure about.

I'm not sure why Malgus would only be equally durable with Maul. Before his prime, he took a cannon blast to his face, a concussion grenade to his face, was flung into a mountain with enough force to dislodge some of the stone, and then took a Force Blast that shattered the entire mountain/cliff. Not only did he survive, but he was still capable of fighting and killing a pair of Jedi after all of this. I understand Maul's own durability feats are comparable, but Malgus's own resiliency is just better.

That said, that hardly actually alters the fight, and I would favor Maul for a small majority.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul is the better/ more refined duelist by far. Maul is pretty durable though due to the training he endured. Malgus imo is a great combination of speed, power, durability, and skill. I believe he has more force showings than Maul as Maul doesn't like using it IIRC. I want to give it Maul because while he lacks the finesse that Maul brings, he makes up for it with his either equal physicals or greater physicals that and more proficient/shown use of the force. Good fight though. Malgus but barely.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maul takes it 6-7/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@shootingnova: I suppose it's true that Malgus survived more explosives than Maul, and out of their higher tier feats I guess Malgus' mountain > Mauls' fall. But I do think it evens out in the way that Maul has survived a much larger variety of injuries and kept fighting. Including but not limited to..

- Having his shoulder muscle and nerve clusters bitten into by a Wampa

- Being shot point blank by a blaster

- Getting run over by a sky car

- Enduring immense heat roasting his flesh, suffering 3rd or 4th degree burns

- Barely escaping the blast radius of a speeder engine (which was enough to vaporize a jedi in a microsecond), and then surving a 30 meter fall

And none of these examples stopped Maul. The only times hes been stopped are when he was cut in half and when Sidious attacked him. So we dont really know his upmost durability limits. I guess if anything, Maul could have better pain tolerance if he isnt as resilient, but I do agree - it makes no difference to the fight itself.