Darth Krayt vs. ANH Darth Vader

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Eh, Krayt basically ragdolling Cade Skywalker is a pretty incredible feat, given that Cade with just about no training was throwing ships.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I recall Krayt overpowering Cade with the Force, but not outright ragdolling him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: There's a difference between dominating someone, and momentarily breaking their defences. Krayt did the former to Cade, which is a showing of being a lot more powerful than him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkdefender: That's how it works. The more powerful you are, the stronger your Force shields.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Force shields correlate with your general, innate Force power, so just a single showing regarding a single power can be conclusive of your Force defenses, unless it's an inconsistency.

Now, an argument could be made that one's general focus (in creating and sustaining Force defenses) can be circumstantially hindered to allow another Force user to seemingly "ragdoll" oneself. This has happened before with Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul/Tyranus.

Omoliquido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't think that Vader's TK is so above Krayt's. The thing is that Vader has more TK feats than Krayt because he has a lot more "references" we can use than Krayt. Vader is the "villain" of Star Wars Franchise, and because of that gets a highlighted spot in SW stories. Krayt is one of the best characters in the EU, very explored and well developed. However, not enough to be on Vader league of "fame". This ultimaly bring us the fact that Vader had more opportunities to show his TK than Krayt.

Just saying.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omoliquido: Thats certainly true, also true with every franchise, DC, Marvel, Image, DH, Video games for the most part, The guys/gals who are well known always get the spotlight. Which is why Star Wars we have to lots of times go off inference and statements vs "strictly on panel feats". Although there are tons of books and comics exploring many characters which is why I personally love discussing star wars but also why I easily get confused with Star Wars because theres so much. lol

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also get confused because I jump around eras alot when reading the EU books and comics lol.

Sorry for derailing here, anyway back on topic, I really have read all the arguments here, and really is a tough call being that its ANH Vader I am inclined to say Krayt for a slight majority but Vader could take a few rounds if Krayt decided to just try and deul with him, vs employing other powers while dueling.

Omoliquido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthmanhunter: That's right.

I still think that Krayt's TK is very powerful, as shown when he effortlessly destroyed a huge part of the Sith Temple or when he easily broke Cade Skywalker force shield with his force push.

Avatar image for darthvader14171
DarthVader14171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this is ROTJ Vader he wins a minority .If not he loses

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#220  Edited By Erkan12

@lukespeedblitz: Rebels / ANH Vader is his prime in the new canon, and LotS Vader is more powerful than Anakin, which is only 5 years after RotS.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krayt wins decisively.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm definitely going with Krayt here.

Zapan871

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Zapan871

If this is Vong Krayt Vader wins. Reborn Krayt wins solidly.

Avatar image for darthvader14171
DarthVader14171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey what about ROTJ Vader??

Avatar image for deactivated-5a98875cd0f94
deactivated-5a98875cd0f94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too close to call.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krayt both rounds. Somewhat of a decent fight.

Necromancer76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the turn tables...

dark-sith123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why was this bumped? Krayt obliterates.

PenguinLover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By PenguinLover

ROTJ takes it in a very tough fight. Any earlier incarnations probably lose to reborn Krayt. Krayt is certainly impressive, but having him above Vader - especially as of ROTJ - just feels wrong.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on, now.

FirstFirmament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krayt

Avatar image for deactivated-5e72183304ce6
deactivated-5e72183304ce6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krayt curbs if reborn, takes it with ease if vong, hett barely loses.

King-Ragnar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reborn Krayt stomps. Even Vong Krayt wins easly.

Masma94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krayt wins both rounds.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cringe when people ask why a thread was bumped.

Lucas never stated that TPM Kenobi > Vader.

OT: Krayt stomps ROTJ Vader, much less ANH Vader.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROTJ Vader would beat Krayt. especially if he Revan or Dooku level.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't really need prime Krayt to win this.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You don't really need prime Krayt to win this.

Not really...an argument can be made for Vader>ROTS Sidious in raw Force powers.

Krayt started out as a jedi Master, then left when the Jedi order was destroy to seek revenge for what Vader and Sidious did. this is when he spent 4 decades trying to gain the power to defeat Vader and Sidious.

Vong Krayt is more powerful than when he was Sith Apprentice, his feats of just destroying a Ship with the force isn't anything Vader or Sidious couldn't do.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: I'm curious why you're giving me a summary of events I know for a fact I understand better than yourself?

What's your argument for Vader?

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reborn Krayt curbstomps. His scaling over Kenobi and apocalypse fight are too much.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: I'm curious why you're giving me a summary of events I know for a fact I understand better than yourself?

What's your argument for Vader?

I'm sure you do know more about it then I do, started reading it like 30mins ago; and determined that there wasn't enough evidence to put him over Sidious. I said an argument for Vader can be made that he is above ROTS Sidious at least in force powers.

If this is Krayt when he fought Obi-wan who was little post ROTS, is all fine. ANH Obi-wan>ROTS Obi-wan by virtue of him fighting and able to hold off a Stronger Vader than ROTS Anakin.

DarthAdi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: He hadn't even taken the name Krayt when he fought Obi-Wan... and ANH Vader and Ben are stated by numerous sources to be weaker than their former selves, including themselves.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthadi:

Sure He didn't reach that Potential of 200% of Sidious like he would have, but that can be Contributed to Vader being always injured thanks to his burns from being caught on fire and lunges being burned to death, where he always need to will the force to keep himself alive and constantly heal.

If we all agree that Krayt got massively boost after he was no longer dying and healed, then the same argument can be made that had Vader fulled healed he be massively more powerful than he was as well since he wouldn't need to waste his force power to heal his lunges and everything and constantly needing to keep himself alive.

@mygod000: He hadn't even taken the name Krayt when he fought Obi-Wan... and ANH Vader and Ben are stated by numerous sources to be weaker than their former selves, including themselves.

there is only one source that I've seen that said they were weaker, every other source says Vader was more powerful than Anakin in the force.

an argument can be made that his sword skills was weaker than anakin even George lucas himself has said this but that cool I mean i can say he was bare minimal a high level 8 to low 9 at the end of his life.

base this scan

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: You can argue a fully healed Vader would be stronger after RotS, but the fact is, that never happened - he lost a lot of organic tissue that he never grew back. Also, there is a HUGE difference between Krayt and Vader's situations. Krayt, literally, died, and resurrected himself using dark transfer, and this metaphysical resurrection uniquely enhanced his understanding of and connection to the Force. He also fully healed his damaged body, including regrowing his missing arm, so unlike Vader, he grew back all of his organic tissue, which gives more access to ambient living Force energy.

MyGod000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: You can argue a fully healed Vader would be stronger after RotS, but the fact is, that never happened - he lost a lot of organic tissue that he never grew back. Also, there is a HUGE difference between Krayt and Vader's situations. Krayt, literally, died, and resurrected himself using dark transfer, and this metaphysical resurrection uniquely enhanced his understanding of and connection to the Force. He also fully healed his damaged body, including regrowing his missing arm, so unlike Vader, he grew back all of his organic tissue, which gives more access to ambient living Force energy.

fair enough...but I have to say that Vader after ROTS did get way stronger. and Sidious noted that Vader still remained very powerful in the force even after his lost on Mustafar.

as for the living force argument...that argument kinda dies when Maul after having half his body cut in half regained his old powers he lost in TMP and was made even stronger. Grained, it was done with Sith magic...but than the question needs to be ask if that was true then why didn't Sidious do the same for Vader since he knew just as much Sith magic as Talizon?

My interpretation of it is that they remain powerful in the force and still keep their powers...but they won't ever reach what they could have reached. source firmly hit home that Vader was still growing in power all the way up to ANH.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

in FU2 Vader surpassed Sidious from FU1 in force powers.

this is Sith Apprentice Hett right? we are debating before he was taken by the Vong. Vader wins this in a good fight.

I will say this that Krayt most likely has better light saber Skills than Vader in ANH, but the force edge I goes to Vader.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mygod000: Force Users are spirits which inhabit a physical body. The body has midichlorians which the spirit channels Force energy through. More midichlorians = more potential energy.

Loss of organic tissue = loss of midichlorians = loss of potentail energy.

However, the spirit is made no weaker if the body is damaged. And the spirit is where the power comes from, the body is just a vessel. Maul's body was weaker, but his spirit grew stronger. His upper potential was lower, but because his spirit grew, he was able to actualise some of the potential he still had left. I think Vader may have lost too much and became weaker, but over time as he adjusted to his suit and grew more experienced he sort of took ownership of what potential he did have left. He is at his weakest by far right after he is first placed in the suit because both his body and his spirit are broken.

The version of Krayt pictured is Reborn Krayt, which is his peak.