I feel vader both rounds would win.

Spider_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Spider_Killer

Man I need to do more reading on some of these characters, i have no idea who darth kryat is. lol

but i will post to learn more about him and read other ppls opinions on this battle.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider_killer: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/erkan12/blog/darth-krayt-respect-thread/100078/

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By TheVivas

I'm gonna go with Krayt. Don't know why, just am.

Spider_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spider_Killer

Can you post some of vader's feats as well, I think Kryat may take it. But its close, i dont know how powerful some of the guys that are on kryats resume . I think it may boil down to the fact that kryat's force powers may be stronger than vader's. That being said he mastered lightning, so i think that is what will inevitably bring vader down.

Though I heard someone say that vader traveled to a planet(cant remember the name) because he thought obi wan was hiding there. And it turned out to be just a bunch of jedi and Vader killed them all. Which is very impressive for one person kill a bunch of jedi.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TFU Vader could lose. ANH is still very good.

okayalright_44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ShootingNova

Probably Vader.

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By theendgame

Darth Krayt. Dude has cheated death numerous times and has insane tolerance for pain. His father was a Jedi master. Spent years in isolation training in ancient Sith teachings and emerged with the sole purpose of remaking the Sith order anew. Rivaling Darth Bane in force power. He was training himself to destroy Vader and the Emperor, but Luke got there first. He was eventually done in by his infected body and a few bouts with Luke's son at well over 100 years old.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theendgame: It wasn't Luke's son (that's Ben Skywalker), just a descendant. His father being a Jedi Master doesn't really matter, nor does his purpose or ability to cheat death.

Physically and skilfully speaking, Vader is his superior. Sheer telekinetic power is also in Vader's favor, and in the Clone Wars, he learnt a technique from Ulic Qel-Droma's spirit to resist Force Drain, which is one of Krayt's tools. Krayt's only edge is Lightning, and it is not enough for him to win a majority.

Spider_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theendgame: It wasn't Luke's son (that's Ben Skywalker), just a descendant. His father being a Jedi Master doesn't really matter, nor does his purpose or ability to cheat death.

Physically and skilfully speaking, Vader is his superior. Sheer telekinetic power is also in Vader's favor, and in the Clone Wars, he learnt a technique from Ulic Qel-Droma's spirit to resist Force Drain, which is one of Krayt's tools. Krayt's only edge is Lightning, and it is not enough for him to win a majority.

Well since Kryat managed to master lightning technique couldnt that mortaly wound vader and potentially kill him? Just trying to argue devils advocate.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spider_killer: No, because Vader has resisted more potent Lightning bursts before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well since Kryat managed to master lightning technique couldnt that mortaly wound vader and potentially kill him?

No Caption Provided

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: it was Cade Skywalker. Who and I believe Vader's superiority is limited to lightsaber skill. In fact he fought side by side with Anakin and they were about equal. Krayt knows a lot more about the ancient forms of Sith power that had been lost for thousands of years. He learned this when he escaped the Jedi purge, and found an ancient temple. He's got more versatility than sweet ass Lightning.

Spider_Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Spider_Killer

@shootingnova said:

@spider_killer: No, because Vader has resisted more potent Lightning bursts before.

Oh I didnt know that, from who? I was always thought that was one of his heels.

Lol is there a problem?

itsomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By itsomething

Hett with or without seed??

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theendgame: Yes, and as I said, Cade Skywalker is not Ben Skywalker. Ben Skywalker is Luke's son, not Cade.

Krayt's versatility is irrelevant. His Drain is ineffective (Vader learnt Drain-resisting techniques from Ulic Qel-Droma's spirit during the Clone Wars) and his other powers, such as Dark Transfer and Shatterpoint, aren't really applicable in a fight. Vader is also versatile - and he has displayed some combat-applicable powers outside of telekinesis, such as Alter Environment, which he used to control winds.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Erkan12

I am going with Krayt on this one. I don't know what exactly means ANH or RotJ for Vader though. Vader doesn't have superior feats in ANH or RotJ. Vader's best fears are in Purge Era. He stalemated with old Ben Kenobi, defeated ESB Luke with some effort and finally lost to RotJ Luke.

They are comparable duelists. Krayt might be faster due to Vader's lack of mobility and agility. On the other hand, Vader should be stronger and durable than Krayt.

But Krayt's force lightning is a problem here. If Vader get one hit, it will affect him for a big deal, Vader has much better TK feats but I doubt he would break Krayt's force shield or he would just ragdoll him casually, he never did anything like that to a Krayt level telekinetic. As I said before, Krayt's force lightning is the game changer. Krayt wins a majority over Vader.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I agree with alot of that, Vader has resisted lightening before, I'm not sure how powerful Krayt's lightening is but its gotta be lower than Sidious'? but Vader has also deflected alot of lightening with a sabre as well iirc. So maybe he could get around it, but I'm not sure gotta read more about Krayt been far too long, I wanna side with Vader but man this is a tough one...

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LuckyStrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have Cade as my avatar and I know nothing about Krayt or Cade

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: all thats said in that thread is he has no defense for it, I thought he has defended against with his Sabre and resisted lower level lightening bursts, I'm not saying your wrong by any means in fact I agree if he gets hit hard by lightening his life support system is in trouble, I just don't think Krayt's lightening is that strong in short bursts, which I could be completly wrong about because Ive been reading more about Plagueis and TCW era as of late. And cant recall much of Krayts lightening feats only his drain power which Vader can resist.

Again I'm not saying your wrong, in fact I agree, I'm trying to gauge Krayt's lightening strength, which if its near Dooku's then I would agree Vader is in trouble. I'm trying to find the right appearance of Krayt to see in the books.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@erkan12: Based on Star Wars Legacy books it looks like Krayts lightening is pretty darn powerful, so good luck to Vader lol. If he can somehow dodge it he'll pull out some wins but if he gets hit by it he's done for, in my opinion, Thanks man. Had to check it out.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: After Anakin slaughtered the sand people for the grief he felt and then tried attacking Hett (later Krayt) and Hett disarmed the younger and less experienced Anakin.

There are holes in this argument admitted. But that's 1-0 Krayt.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ShootingNova

@theendgame: What does that have to do with anything? Vader is completely different to Anakin, and that one low showing doesn't give Krayt any edges.

If anything, in that period of time, Anakin was more likely losing control of his powers in his rage like he did in RotS which hindered himself.

theendgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: I said it has holes in it but either way it's still 1-0 and I could argue that Krayt grew in his powers just as much as Anakin did during his time in captivity and isolation.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krayt. More skilled, faster, comparable power, more useful esoteric powers.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Vader. He is the more skilled duelist.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader. Close fight, if only because he's not as skilled as later on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krayt giving a slightly post-prime Obi-Wan serious bother in a duel, absolutely ages prior to his prime, and speedblitzing four Imperial Knights in a panel while suffering physically > ANH Vader's dueling capabilities. Krayt's Dark Transfer, approachable telekinesis, and yes, lightning, are all useful tools in his arsenal to help emphasize his edge in a physical manner. How I'm viewing this at the moment, anyway.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Krayt

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: It was more of a terrain and age advantage that gave Krayt the edge in his fight with Obi-Wan more than skill, but I agree.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Was that actually confirmed anywhere?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vader smashes him aside with TK then cuts his head off

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: It was in a book called "The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi" and it mentioned that Krayt had an in advantage in that he was used to fighting on Tatooine. I'll post the passage when I get off of work. Lol

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't kenobi blast his arm off in that fight?

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: So that would make Krayt like what 200 years old?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: It's alright, I used legitimate methods to access the book, found the passage you were talking about. It does note twice that Hett is far more experienced in fighting on the desert, and that he's younger (although age is kind of irrelevant compared to one's abilities with the Force, most of the time), but then, Hett was actually winning quite solidly on account of these advantages. One could deduce that by putting them on even ground, the fight would be more even, which is still a great feat for Hett.

And then you need to consider that he was absolutely nowhere near his prime at this point.

Krayt's really underrated on Comic Vine by some (not you). I don't even like him, but there it is.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: Was that actually confirmed anywhere?

Yup. Posted the quote quite a lot of times. The terrain was hindering Obi-Wan and he was also out of practice and not as skilled as in RotS. Krayt losing to him is proof that he sucks.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

@i_like_swords: It was more of a terrain and age advantage that gave Krayt the edge in his fight with Obi-Wan more than skill, but I agree.

Their duel was 2 years after Obi-Wan's duel with Anakin. Hardly enough time for age to be a factor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lamlam said:

Yup. Posted the quote quite a lot of times. The terrain was hindering Obi-Wan and he was also out of practice and not as skilled as in RotS. Krayt losing to him is proof that he sucks.

Obi-Wan also noted that he was glad he kept his reflexes sharp, and he didn't say the environment hindered him, only that Krayt was far more experienced on that terrain. I would hope a bit of sand wouldn't be too much of a detriment for someone as skilled as Obi-Wan, though.

Also, Obi-Wan ended up winning by Force-pushing Hett and then pulling his saber through his arm, which isn't a victory by virtue of lightsaber skill, so not much of a detriment for Krayt.

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@night4345: Age advantage was that Krayt was about ten years younger than Obi-Wan, not that Obi-Wan was old.

@eisenfauste: Something like that. He used Sith teachings and healing trances/hibernation trances to extend his life.

LamLam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords:

Obi-Wan also noted that he was glad he kept his reflexes sharp

Indeed, which is why I didn't mention that in my post.

and he didn't say the environment hindered him, only that Krayt was far more experienced on that terrain.

Kenobi does attribute his difficulty with defending himself to Krayt's experience in the sand, which is what matters.

Also, Obi-Wan ended up winning by Force-pushing Hett and then pulling his saber through his arm, which isn't a victory by virtue of lightsaber skill, so not much of a detriment for Krayt.

The author confirmed that Kenobi won by cutting the arm off, then Force pushing it.

Night4345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas: What factor in a fight did age give Krayt?