Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Darth Caedus

No Caption Provided

Saba Sebatyne & Kyle Katarn

No Caption Provided

Rules:

• Darth Caedus as of Legacy of the Force: Invincible, without injuries.
  • Kyle Katarn & Saba Sebatyne as of Fate of the Jedi: Apocalpyse.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cae4704c27f5
deactivated-5cae4704c27f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

An injured, pre prime Caedus stomped Katarn and was stated to have the ability to defeat Saba with difficulty. Caedus murders them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4df01082e4b
deactivated-5c4df01082e4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

@jacensolo77 said:

An injured, pre prime Caedus basically equalled Katarn and was stated to have the ability to defeat Saba with difficulty which means together they could probably take him. Caedus dies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacensolo77 said:

An injured, pre prime Caedus basically stomped Katarn and was stated to have the ability to defeat Saba with difficulty however together they could probably give him a somewhat decent fight. Caedus murders them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkhamasylum3 said:
@jacensolo77 said:

An injured, pre prime Caedus basically equalled Katarn and was stated to have the ability to defeat Saba with difficulty which means together they could probably beat him. Caedus dies.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By WollfMyth209

Caedus wins.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Discipulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caedus, but Kyle and Saba would in most other circumstances make a formidable team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone feels confident in repping the duo I'll CAV it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NotZiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NotZiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NotZiggy
No Caption Provided

Katarn and Saba win.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notziggy: Your striving is insignificant, let your death be the same.

The Shit Emperor

As for that other quote of course he was taxed, he was badly injured before the duel even started, doesn't mean he wasn't stomping Katarn.

Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
hurricanefunnel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By hurricanefunnel

characters 2 and 3 wins based on strength and speed in a close match

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ArkhamAsylum3

@discipulus: @wollfmyth209:

How does Caedus take this?

He said it would be difficult to beat Saba and he was near equalled by Katarn however he was injuired (slightly) in that scenario.

NotZiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NotZiggy

Badly injured?

He was basically fully recovered. Something in line with a couple of weeks of Bacta Tank usage , Surgery, advanced treatments and Force healing powers. Not to mention his ability to empower himself off said injuries (which are essentially scar tissue at the point when fighting with Katarn) You're aware that being fully submerged in a bacta tank can heal deep wounds - that would guarantee to leave a life-time scar otherwise - within hours?

The burden of proof is on you to prove why they're a huge hinderance as oppose to ailments that don't get that much attention in the fight. Especially when Caedus claims said wounds make him stronger, and only uses them as an excuse when a random Jedi Knight can surpass his force augmented strength nearing the end of the fight.

As for him getting shot. That happened after Caedus used the momentum of a flying speeder to harm Katarn and one of the three Jedi. When he was shot (caught a graze on his leg) Valin Horn and Than Mythric were giving hime plenty of trouble on his own.

ArkhamAsylum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia makes it pretty clear, that Katarn was an actual challenge for Caedus, whereas the other three were "no match".

Caedus takes another L.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notziggy: Badly injured?

Yes.

He was basically fully recovered.

Based on a quote where he wasn't engaged in active combat? He can walk around just fine, that's entirely different from being engaged in a lightsabre duel where in that instance Caedus notes he isn't fully recovered.

Something in line with a couple of weeks of Bacta Tank usage , Surgery, advanced treatments and Force healing powers. Not to mention his ability to empower himself off said injuries (which are essentially scar tissue at the point when fighting with Katarn) You're aware that being fully submerged in a bacta tank can heal deep wounds - that would guarantee to leave a life-time scar otherwise - within hours?

You've fucked yourself by posting this. Just so your aware of the injuries Caedus had sustained I'll post 2 quotes then tell me a mere night in a bacta tank would make him recover.

"Right," Luke answered. "I stay as close as I can to the future we're seeing without actually fighting Caedus-at least, not physically."

"I must say, that seems quite wise," C-3PO said. "The last time you two fought, you were forced to spend your nights in the bacta tank for an entire week."

Legacy Of The Force: Invincible

Remember this quote about Luke having to spend an entire week in a bacta tank.

Luke had beaten him. Luke had just kept coming despite his injuries. He had inflicted more damage on Caedus than he had suffered himself, and he had even escaped the garrote before Ben struck. In fact, it was probably that attack that had saved Caedus's life. Nothing else could have shocked Luke out of his battle rage-only the sight of Ben slipping so far to the dark side.

Legacy Of The Force: Inferno

Caedus injuries were even more severe than Luke's, I think we can say bye to the idea he would have recovered in a few hours.

The burden of proof is on you to prove why they're a huge hinderance as oppose to one that doesn't get that much attention in the fight. Especially when Caedus claims they make him stronger, and only uses them as an excuse when a random Jedi Knight can surpass his force augmented strength nearing the end of the fight?

Caedus notes the reason he starts to get beaten down and his strength slipping is a result of his injuries not the blaster bolt he sustained though that was likely a contributing factor, by all accounts they were pretty significant and lasted through the whole fight, gradually becoming more impactful until the blaster bolt made them even bigger. There was no reason to have Caedus monologuing about his injuries for every line lol. Caedus claimed they made him stronger when he was walking around normally, not in the middle of a lightsabre duel. Caedus notes they were a problem and credits them as the reason his strength slipped over the course of the fight and why he started getting beaten down by the Jedi.

Just to use a quick analogy Caedus has shrugged off severe injuries before from blaster bolts and lightsabers alike and kept fighting opponents such as Jaina and Luke without much effort yet here a single blaster bolt nearly costs him the fight. That makes no sense unless there was another factor at play, like his injuries from Luke which are shown to be a major influence, your denial aside.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. @jacensolo77 just got one shotted.

One shotted would imply no response you imbecile. Guess who responded?

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saba's showing against Abeloth was impressive, but not easy to quantify, given the immense damage Abeloth had sustained in concurrent battles.

I feel like aside from obviously Luke, the only Jedi in the Legacy era who could potentially take out Caedus would be Jaina in her prime (especially abusing her Mandalorian training and unorthodox combat skills) or a serious Kyp who is abusing his power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity: I feel like aside from obviously Luke, the only Jedi in the Legacy era who could potentially take out Caedus would be Jaina in her prime (especially abusing her Mandalorian training and unorthodox combat skills) or a serious Kyp who is abusing his power.

Caedus, Luke and the council all agree Caedus>Kyp.

Jaina was massively far below Caedus as of Invincible, you'd have to argue she underwent an absolutely ridiculous power growth to beat him.

NotZiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NotZiggy

No Caption Provided

What you claim I said

@jacensolo77 :

"You've fucked yourself by posting this. Just so your aware of the injuries Caedus had sustained I'll post 2 quotes then tell me a mere night in a bacta tank would make him recover."

[..]

Caedus injuries were even more severe than Luke's, I think we can say bye to the idea he would have recovered in a few hours.

What I actually said

@notziggy :

"He was basically fully recovered. Something in line with a couple of weeks of Bacta Tank usage , Surgery, advanced treatments and Force healing powers. Not to mention his ability to empower himself off said injuries"1.

Based on the fact Caedus has more Bacta supply than anyone on the Galaxy, a personal tank that he can also sleep in like Luke did and longer than a week to recover. We know this based on the days in between his fight with Luke and his report to Nathial. Then some more days in between his report and his plan to kidnap his daughter Alana from the Hapen's HQ. Then about a week where he is having to transport his daughter throughout Coruscant in a sealed off box to stop her from being identified. All nights where a combination of Force healing, Bacta as well as other treatments afforded to the commander of the Galactic Alliance could speed his healing process. Yes Luke can be completely recovered after a week of Bacta treatment from lesser wounds. Caedus can be mostly recovered from longer than with greater wounds. Note : I never said he was fully recovered by his fight with Katarn. Certainly not after hours. I was merely inferring the speed at which deep wounds can be healed via bacta i.e - Luke on Hoth. What you've been inferring is that they're a massive hinderance to him. He mentioned them as a hinderance after removing Katarn. But how much? 0.1% 1 % 10% 20%? Based on the details I say it's not as significant as you want it to be. He's taxed as a result of the duel not his injuries. He can use his injuries to give him power. I expect he can do that until it's mentioned he can't.

@jacensolo77 :

"Based on a quote where he wasn't engaged in active combat? He can walk around just fine, that's entirely different from being engaged in a lightsabre duel where in that instance Caedus notes he isn't fully recovered."

You're damn right it's different. Because when he's in a fight he's running on adrenaline, force power and using his dark emotions/pain to augment himself. If he notes his wounds strengthen him when walking around, they're likely they do when you consider the above. Normal people can ignore pain with adrenaline alone. Jacen Solo has mastered this art and with Dark side power can highten his force powers with those injuries. If that power is suddenly gone it's likely because his force reserves and adrenaline are spent : which would of course be the case with duel that had canonically taxed him against ol Kyle Katarn (a tier 7) and 3 nobodies.

Avatar image for madscientist224
Madscientist224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The duo murks caedus

Intr3pId

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Intr3pId

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@notziggy: You also said the below. And you said he used the tank for about two weeks, never said once that that was the specific amount he needed to almost fully recover.

You're aware that being fully submerged in a bacta tank can heal deep wounds - that would guarantee to leave a life-time scar otherwise - within hours?

Ziggy 2019

Lol.

Based on the fact Caedus has more Bacta supply than anyone on the Galaxy, a personal tank that he can also sleep in like Luke did and longer than a week to recover.

Yes, he had longer than a week. I never contested that however his wounds were greater than Luke's so him having longer than a week doesn't mean he would have recovered. You insinuated he could have recovered in a few hours when you noted even the most severe wounds can be healed from that.

We know this based on the days in between his fight with Luke and his report to Nathial. Then some more days in between his report and his plan to kidnap his daughter Alana from the Hapen's HQ. Then about a week where he is having to transport his daughter throughout Coruscant in a sealed off box to stop her from being identified.

I don't disagree.

All nights where a combination of Force healing, Bacta as well as other treatments afforded to the commander of the Galactic Alliance could speed his healing process.

I'm aware that his healing process would be faster, however that doesn't warrant him

Yes Luke can be completely recovered after a week of Bacta treatment from lesser wounds. Caedus can be mostly recovered from longer than with greater wounds. Note : I never said he was fully recovered by his fight with Katarn. Certainly not after hours. I was merely inferring the speed at which deep wounds can be healed via bacta i.e - Luke on Hoth. What you've been inferring is that they're a massive hinderance to him. He mentioned them as a hinderance. But how much? 0.1% 1 % 10% 20%? Based on the details I say it's not as significant as you want it to be.

I mean if a mere blaster wound to the leg is enough to make him struggle with fodder when he's literally tanked such injuries before and fought far greater opponents on relatively even footing can make him struggle with a fodder Jedi then his wounds from Luke must be pretty significant. I notice you ignored this argument when responding, I'm going to assume you missed it.

He's taxed as a result of the duel not his injuries. He can use his injuries to give him power. I expect he can do that until it's mentioned he can't.

Facepalm.

Except it did mention he was not at peak regardless of whether he was drawing on pain or not.

You're damn right it's different. Because when he's in a fight he's running on adrenaline, force power and using his dark emotions/pain to augment himself.

Oh boy this is hilarious. He does that regularly not just in a fight lmfao.

If he notes his wounds strengthen him when walking around, they're likely they do when you consider the above. Normal people can ignore pain with adrenaline alone. Jacen Solo has mastered this art and with Dark side power can highten his force powers with those injuries.

Jacen drawing off the pain of the wounds doesn't make them disappear lmfao. Same applies to a normal human with adrenaline. And the injuries are going to trouble your strength, speed ect, they won't trouble you like that when you are walking around but in an intense lightsaber duel they damn well will. You can say this all you want but Jacen was not recovered and based off him fighting top tier opponents with multiple blaster and lightsaber wounds the degree to which he would have to be injured to struggle with fodder simply because of a blaster bolt is huge (Note Jacen credits the injuries he obtained from Luke as the primary reason for his struggle, not the blaster wound), regardless of how much you want to ignore it and site the quote that shows Jacen can walk around just fine, not that he can engage in a full fledged lightsaber duel when Jacen was literally noted in said duel to be slipping and not recovered from Luke.

If that power is suddenly gone it's likely because his force reserves and adrenaline are spent : which would of course be the case with duel that had canonically taxed him against ol Kyle Katarn (a tier 7) and 3 nobodies.

For all your use of this fight to lowball Jacen you've never actually bothered to establish why Katarn sucks so much that Jacen struggling with him means he's bad besides "Muh PT are the prime of the Jedi and Kyle must suck because he's an NJO character". Explain to me why Katarn sucks.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AmethystGravity

@jacensolo77:

Caedus, Luke and the council all agree Caedus>Kyp.

Is there a quote for this?

Jaina was massively far below Caedus as of Invincible, you'd have to argue she underwent an absolutely ridiculous power growth to beat him.

Anakin was far below Dooku in AotC, yet despite both growing over three years, Anakin was noticeably better than Dooku. While Jaina doesn't have Anakin's potential, comparing her by FotJ (three years later) to Caedus, who obviously doesn't have three years growth since we're comparing to him in his prime, doesn't seem completely out of the question.

Unfortunately, she has relatively sparse showings in said later sources, though Luke and Jaina herself both seem to view her as having grown substantially. I just don't think it's impossible that she eventually surpassed her twin during her time as a Jedi Master.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amethystgravity: Is there a quote for this?

Sure

And, as history repeated itself because it had no other choice, Jacen was more powerful than any of them except Luke. And he was growing closer to Luke's strength by the day.

Legacy Of The Force: Bloodlines

&

"Exactly." Luke's gaze slid away from the table. "Every future that begins with me going after Caedus ends in darkness. I know I'm the only one who can be sure of stopping him, but no matter how I envision it, it always leads to darkness."

Legacy Of The Force: Invincible

I think there's another, I'll try to find it.

Unfortunately, she has relatively sparse showings in said later sources, though Luke and Jaina herself both seem to view her as having grown substantially. I just don't think it's impossible that she eventually surpassed her twin during her time as a Jedi Master.

It's highly improbable given she could only stalemate Caedus despite heavy amplification after his ankle was crushed, his kneecap shattered, his shoulder shot through, his arm chopped off and his gut stabbed into.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By the_wspanialy  Online

The duo in a good fight.

Warlockmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Warlockmage

Caedus really shouldn't have any problems at all with these 2.

Katarn was a threat but Jacen didn't have that much of a problem with him and while Saba is a great swordsmen Jacen is better and heavily outstats both in the force.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jacen dies.

MasterKenobi71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MasterKenobi71

Caedus wins. Katarn is a fodder. Caedus obliterates him. Saba puts up a fight but Caedus eventually beats her.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katarn has already nearly solo'd when Caedus was amped and Saba is above him. Jacen loses badly

DeathRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caedus probably takes it but Saba and Katarn give him one hell of a fight