• Battle takes place within Pearl's mind

Avatar image for deactivated-59c0eef934dfe
deactivated-59c0eef934dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wollfmyth209: Finally, somebody's made it! I can see Tenebrous's position as the 3rd most powerful Sith in the Banite lineage could position him above Caedus.

In terms of combat skill, I'd say the two are absolutely on par. From Tenebrous's hype to Caedus's feats, I'd say a gap between the two (if there's one to begin with) would be marginal, in any case.

Tenebrous has more hype; Caedus has more feats. Hmm, I'd say it's a 50/50 split, and could really go either way.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting battle! Between Tenebrous's few but quite impressive feats, as well as his standing in the Banite line, I think this would be a great fight either way. Still, Caedus has some pretty impressive accolades and feats as well, so I think I would support him for the majority.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Azronger

I might wait for Ant's thread, but I doubt Caedus has anything close to being scaled to be a planet level Force user. He loses.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nfactor1995

Thinking Tenebrous based off of scaling

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caedus just has more feats

Avatar image for deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0
deactivated-60cfeed0de1b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@azronger said:

to be a planet level Force user.

Wut?

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Does that fact just dismiss all of Tenebrous's accolades and scaling though?

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995 said:

@decaf_wizard: Does that fact just dismiss all of Tenebrous's accolades and scaling though?

No. It just means a lot more. Being a late era Banite Sith doesn't immediately put you above one of the most powerful Sith out there, nor does being Muun boy's master or being superior (to an unknown degree) to a version of Plagueis that wouldn't beat Caedus

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caedus wins.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Azronger
Wolfmaster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caedus for a majority

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: Not planetary. Planetary level involves destroying the entire planet; draining all the life from the planet, and ravaging the surface somewhat, isn't even close to that level of power.

You're also using ABC logic. Tenebrous might possess the same raw power as Valkorion, but he doesn't have the means of unleash what Valk unleashed, i.e. a massive Force Drain assault. And how does Teneb have the same raw power as Valk, anyway? All we know is he's inferior to Plagueis, which you could argue is the case with Valkorion, but we don't know the respective gaps, all we know is that Plagueis should be considerably superior to Tenebrous.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Azronger

@wollfmyth209: We have different definitions of the word, then.

Why wouldn't he be able to? He's a fully trained Sith Master at the absolute peak of his power. It's not like he hasn't attained his potential, lol.

Plagueis mused that even after his boost after killing Tenebrous, he felt a near-equal power in the Force, which he speculated to be Tenebrous' spirit. I'll have to read the book again, though.

He also gets scaling from Venamis, who had equal Force Augmentation to Plagueis', and as we know, Force augmentation stems from your overall Force power.

Avatar image for greysentinel365
Greysentinel365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the stuff I've heard Ant say this year

Tenebrous wins

I might change my might when the RT comes out

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: I'm letting you know how the forums describe "planetary". It's not influencing something across the planet; that's more multi-continental, if even that, since he only destroyed structures and killed people/plants.

And you seem to be under the impression telekinesis and Drain are proportional... How come? And you also think because Tenebrous is considerably inferior to Plagueis(Plagueis only claims he senses a near-equal power in Venamis[Tenebrous] a good few decades pre-prime), and Valkorion might be inferior to Plagueis, that puts them equals, more-or-less... Again: how come?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Caedus wins.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Azronger

@wollfmyth209: 'Kay.

What do you mean "proportional"? All I'm saying is that if Tenebrous is on the same level as Valkorion, and knows the same ability, then he should be capable of planet-wide (or "multi-continental" if it makes you happy) devastation, too. Is that an unreasonable assumption?

Where do you get the "considerably" part from? Plagueis didn't increase his overall Force strength all that much in the novel, IIRC. And if he thought of Venamis' strength as near-equal to his own, then it's even more impressive for Tenebrous. He should only be a sliver below prime Plagueis in power.

And Valkorion being inferior to Plagueis is a fact; this is not debatable, unless you ignore the quote or twist its meaning. And based on the threat Plagueis represented to the Force compared to Valkorion, it should be at least somewhat big, bigger than the gap between Tenebrous and Plagueis.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: What do you mean "proportional"? All I'm saying is that if Tenebrous is on the same level as Valkorion, and knows the same ability, then he should be capable of it, too. Is that an unreasonable assumption?

That depends... If he's as skilled in the ability, yes, but he doesn't have any ability like that anyways.

Where do you get the "considerably" part from? Plagueis didn't increase his overall Force strength all that much in the novel, IIRC. And if he thought of Venamis' strength as near-equal to his own, then it's even more impressive for Tenebrous. He should only be a sliver below prime Plagueis in power.

Plagueis increased considerably, actually. That's actually how Sith in the Rule of Two usually progress in power(Sidious would make Plagueis look foolish as of in his prime, Zannah was a rival of Bane's before decades of power-growth, Gean killed her master bare-handed).

And that Plagueis was decades, pre-prime, that thought Venamis was ~ him. And he later notes that Venamis wasn't really well-suited to live in the time of power like Plagueis', he was more well-suited for Bane's era. Decades for a being with much greater than potential than Bane(who goes from getting stomped by Kas'im to besting him in the span of weeks) is enough to grow substantially.

And Valkorion being inferior to Plagueis is a fact; this is not debatable, unless you ignore the quote or twist its meaning. And based on the threat Plagueis represented to the Force compared to Valkorion, it should be at least somewhat big, bigger than the gap between Tenebrous and Plagueis.

Please explain. I know Valky < Plagueis is a fact, if you take blurbs as canon, but I'd like some explanation to the "threat to the Force", thing.

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WollfMyth209: He knows Death Field from Bane's writings. But anyway, he's still on Valkorion's level, which was my point. Caedus is not on this level, based on my knowledge. I may change my opinion once Ant's RT comes out.

Fair enough on him growing in power. However, this doesn't really counter my point, as Tenebrous should also logically be considerably superior to Venamis.

ILS explained it best, but its basically that Plagueis' mere existence and the power he possessed was enough for the Force to take action and spawn a living plot device, a literal Force God to take him down. Nothing like this ever happened when Nihilus and Vitiate planned to literally end all life in the galaxy (and thus end the Force). Plagueis harbored no such desires, no such plans, yet he, sitting in lab all day doing his things, apparently presented a legitimate threat to the cosmic balance of the Force. And this is quite true, considering he (albeit with the aid of Palpatine) managed to bend it to his will and make the dark side dominant in the galaxy. No one ever came close.

XPA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caedus just has more feats

More = better? If that was so, Ventress would beat Tenebrous too.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@azronger: I'll say fair enough for now. Too busy making my case for Tenebrous being > Vader, atm.

Lord_Tenebrous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tenebrous 10/10, great fight

Dawn_of_Ages

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gideongarner01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Caedus every time. Anyone saying tennebrous know absolutely nothing about Star Wars and needs to get off this website.