Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nfactor1995
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Both are at the peaks of their power. Standard gear, all abilities allowed, fighting all out, and the fight is to the death. Battle takes place on Yavin IV.

Who wins and why?

Avatar image for jackofalltrades2
Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darth Malak is more powerful and a better duelist.

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Bane.

Malak is a scrub.

liquidmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aba78567e8b5
deactivated-5aba78567e8b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao what a mismatch. Bane stomps

GuildSeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

liquidmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guildseal: how would I know I'm a gentlemen? Lady or gentlemen?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackofalltrades2: Care to explain? I've been waiting for someone to make a good case for Malak>Bane

Azronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Azronger

They are roughly on par as duelists; Malak pressuring Revan, a man who fights in the future; and Bane's feats of strength, speed, unpredictability, and ferocity against Zannah mark them as equals, imo. But Malak's body armor, that can block lightsaber blades, would give him a slight edge.

In the Force, Bane has an edge. He has collapsed the Rakatan temple (under the influence of a nexus, but by DoE he can replicate even greater feats unamped), turned humans to ash and vaporized solid stone with lightning, and even once created a Force Maelstrom that blocked a lightsaber blade.

Malak dominating Leviathan Revan mark him as comparable in TK, but he severly lacks in other areas such as lightning. Bane could probably deflect it back with his bare hands.

Overall, I see Bane winning 6/10.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: your going to have to keep waiting because there is no good case that can be made. Bane is just better. He is more powerful, he is more skilled, he has more knowledge.

GuildSeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: your going to have to keep waiting because there is no good case that can be made. Bane is just better. He is more powerful, he is more skilled, he has more knowledge.

I could say the exact same thing about Malak. It's not a good argument.

Malak is just better. He is more powerful, he is more skilled, he has more knowledge.

Not my actual thoughts, but you get my point.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane.

Malak is a scrub.

Lmao what a mismatch. Bane stomps

Bane stomps.

This.

One needs to go and reach with wonky scaling to actually suggest Malak > Bane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guildseal: im going to keep this brief. Malak is stated it be a master duelist who is better than Mandalorian Wars Revan in terms of skill. Good accolade for him but it is not on the level of Darth Bane who was able to push back Saberstaff Kas'im who is stated to have mastered every move from every form and is the greatest lightsaber duelist alive at the time. Bane is also capable of engaging a dozen Tuk'ata while exhausted, killing several of them, and driving the pack off. Especially impressive since a similar pack of Tuk'ata was causing trouble for a large group of Jedi consisting of Obi-Wan padwan Anakin, Ferus Olin, Siri Tachi, and 2-3 others. Obi-Wan even at this time being considered one of the Orders best, and Anakin and Olin being prodigies and yet they individually can only engage one or two at a time.

And then you have the Force where a charged Force blast from Bane was able to level the temple of the ancients and shake it to its every foundations which were stated to be far below the planets surface. And this is before he is stated to have grown massively in power.

Bane is a Vader level combatant, Malak is not.

GuildSeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GuildSeal

@banthabot: There we go, a proper argument.

Malak is stated it be a master duelist who is better than Mandalorian Wars Revan in terms of skill. Good accolade for him but it is not on the level of Darth Bane who was able to push back Saberstaff Kas'im who is stated to have mastered every move from every form and is the greatest lightsaber duelist alive at the time.

This was largely because Bane had great knowledge of Kas'im's fighting style, IIRC. As soon as Kas'im switch to Jar'Kai Bane was barely holding on. As for Kas'im being the best duelist.....great an all, but no one in that era was an outstanding duelist, so that hold no weight with me, honestly.

Bane is also capable of engaging a dozen Tuk'ata while exhausted, killing several of them, and driving the pack off. Especially impressive since a similar pack of Tuk'ata was causing trouble for a large group of Jedi consisting of Obi-Wan padwan Anakin, Ferus Olin, Siri Tachi, and 2-3 others. Obi-Wan even at this time being considered one of the Orders best, and Anakin and Olin being prodigies and yet they individually can only engage one or two at a time.

ABC Logic. I guess Bane is automatically a better duelist than Obi-Wan now? Because he beat Tuk'ata? Who aren't lightsaber duelists, but who the hell cares? Gotta squeeze an argument out for Bane anyway? I'm doubting his exhaustion played a great part, it was likely negated by the amp that Korriban has, being a nexus.

And then you have the Force where a charged Force blast from Bane was able to level the temple of the ancients and shake it to its every foundations which were stated to be far below the planets surface. And this is before he is stated to have grown massively in power.

Charged is a very important word there, I think. Never mind the fact that the planet is a nexus as well, but no that's not important. Not at all. Definitely didn't help. At all.

Bane is not a Vader level combatant, but since this isn't a Bane vs Vader thread, I won't get into that here. Agreed though, Malak isn't a Vader level combatant either.

Trust me, I'm all for Bane > Malak, I just want to understand the reasoning behind it. Especially when one claims that Bane would stop Malak, which seems like an absurd notion, considering Malak's repute and own accolades.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SirFizzWhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could go either way.

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malak is constantly touted as being even better than Revan as a duelist, but is that just Mandalorian/Darth Revan? Or is that Revan at his peak? Because if he is even better than peak Revan, who was able to stand up to Vitiate, then Bane really doesn't have much of a chance. I know, I'm using a little bit of ABC logic here, so forgive me. Kas'im told Bane that a great duelist can defeat someone who is stronger than him in the Force. Kas'im, at the time Bane defeated him, was a better duelist than Bane, and Bane had to collapse the temple to defeat him. Bane was able to use the environment to his advantage.

If Bane is at his peak, he is very, very strong. If Bane IS stronger than Malak, then it's not by an extraordinary margin, so IF Malak is a better duelist than prime Revan, then yes, he can take Bane, and can probably win. Malak is most likely much stronger in the Force than Kas'im, so Bane's Force advantage becomes less and less. Malak is most likely also a better duelist than Kas'im. Bane's dueling edge drops slightly.

I'm honestly not sure who would win, these are just some general observations.

Avatar image for jackofalltrades2
Jackofalltrades2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackofalltrades2: Care to explain? I've been waiting for someone to make a good case for Malak>Bane

Malak matching Revan,the master of Battle precog and the man who butchers armies,in a desperate lightsaber duel is above anything Bane has ever done to my knowledge.

In terms of the Force,Bane is at least more powerful than whatever energies were released when Ambria was razed as of DoE.Which is obviously good.But not Malak good,seeing as how Nihilus razing Katarr is a superior feat.And Malak is above Nihilus in raw power.Then we have other feats such as freezing Revan and giving KOTOR Revan an extremely tough fight as well as his obvious superiority to the likes of Karness Muur,Freedon Nadd,Ajunta Pall,Darth Vader pre-ESB etc.

Malak is just better at everything.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@bigsambino87:

Malak is constantly touted as being even better than Revan as a duelist

Given homeboy when down like Mia Khalifa with all the advantages in the world against, a less than peak that Revan that ran a gauntlet against virtual armies, I call bullshit here.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackofalltrades2: What puts Malak over Nihilus in raw power? I've never heard anyone assert that. Heck most people (aside from maybe you and Ant) struggle to put even Revan over Nihilus.

Seem to be a lot of assumptions in that post, not that I disagree necessarily but assumptions none the less (aside from Malak giving Revan a real challenge in combat). Why is he obviously superior to all of those guys at the end of your post?

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By kbroskywalker

dath bane

darthbane77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Malak is the better duelist, Malak was a superior to duelist to DARTH Revan; and Revan was believed to be an absolute master of lightsaber dueling. Malak's Force powers are also incredibly advanced, having proficient and advanced applications of lightning (obviously, being Sith and all) as well as EXTREMELY potent Force pushes that could send opponents flying hundreds of feet (Demagol), and that was Mala PRE-Prime. However, Bane's feats and impressive applications of the Force are more numerous and just as impressive; and Bane's dueling skill is comparable to Malak's. I honestly think it could go either way, but I lean closer to Bane.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Malak is constantly touted as being even better than Revan as a duelist, but is that just Mandalorian/Darth Revan? Or is that Revan at his peak?

Malak was better than the version that beat him in a duel and chopped his face in half.

DarthAnt66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GuildSeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noobsnowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 noobsnowman  Online

Bane does win but he is absolutely not stomping.

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dadivineking: Given homeboy when down like Mia Khalifa with all the advantages in the world against, a less than peak that Revan that ran a gauntlet against virtual armies, I call bullshit here.

Never said the he is, but that he is touted as being superior. That's what I see in several threads.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By echostarlord117

Bane would win without a doubt

DaDivineKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsambino87:

Never said the he is, but that he is touted as being superior. That's what I see in several threads.

Never made that claim that you did, dear. Only saying he isn't lal.

bigsambino87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsambino87:

Never made that claim that you did, dear. Only saying he isn't lal.

It's so inconsistent. I see so many people say that Revan stated that Malak was better with a blade, but then Revan's feats are so much better than Malak's...it's confusing. I'm much better with NJO than I am OR.

ordeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao.

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kbroskywalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kbroskywalker

@nfactor1995: far better force feats, better dueling showings

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthant66: Thoughts and/or arguments to contribute here?

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By the_wspanialy

In terms of dueling abilities it's close. While I think Malak's style is more sophisticated and unpredictable, Bane's is more balanced and practical. With his mastery of Djem So and high level of proficiency in Soresu and Juyo he's able to cover his basis more effectively than Malak, who's defensive capabilities leaves a bit to be desired. Add to that Bane's curved hilt lightsaber (which grants him additional ergonomic benefits) and Bane's slightly superior physicality and I think Bane would defeat Malak in pure lightsaber duel, though Malak would make him work for it.

Force abilities. They should be even in terms of variety (Essence Transfer is non-factor considering Malak's mental fortitude). Bane has more raw power, but on the other hand Malak is more skillful and he uses his Force abilities much more fluidly in combat. However I doubt that Malak would be able to put Bane in stasis or dominate him with telekinesis. Overall I think Bane's magnitude advantage is more substantional than Malak's skill advantage.

And btw. hello everyone. My first post on ComicVine. Yeayyyy!

ordeith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: Welcome! Its always good to see a new face around here.

Avatar image for amethystgravity
AmethystGravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_wspanialy: Anytime man, it seems you got decent enough understanding of the material, although the way you worded your analysis makes me wonder if you follow the Force cast? (Nova, Reti, Greyjedi, jen1, ect)

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RedHeathen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane.

the_wspanialy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themuser: I watch Antoine (or silentbat) quite regularly. His analyses, while not always 100% accurate, tends to be pretty objective. Evan is far too biased for my taste (Hoth vs Bane, ughh). And he loves his fanfiction. Reti doesn't upload VS videos so I don't watch him. GreyJedi's videos often covers characters I'm not particularly interested in, so I watch him very rearly. I like the fact that Jensaarai tries to understand characters he's talking about, but it often leads him to very far-fetched outcomes.

What exactly has betrayed me? Also, is it bad thing here?

Annnnnnnnd I've reached my 5-posts-for-a-day limit. So forgive me that I won't be able to respond today.

TheMuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheMuser

@the_wspanialy: Its not a problem at all, just something I was curious about, (More the way you consider minor points is kinda what gave it away, also its not a bad thing, just be aware they don't have a good reputation around here bar Antoine who is respected) nothing more. Looking forwards to seeing you do some debating here in the near future.

CuckedCurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump