Avatar image for deactivated-5b02bbfb13940
#1 Posted by deactivated-5b02bbfb13940 (113 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Darsha Assant defeat Rey?

• Darsha Assant is in her shown Legends prime.
  • Rey is in her TLJ prime.
  • They start 20m apart in an unpopulated Mos Eisley.
  • They fight in character with no preparation.

(I was thinking about pitting Darsha against Kylo Ren but thought there was an abunance of Kylo Ren threads in current circulation - let me know if that would've been a better match!)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

#2 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

To answer your question, yes. Anyone who can fight Legends Maul long and well enough to impress him and get his respect, is more than capable of outdueling Rey. She should be faster too, since she scales to Maul in speed. Only thing Rey surpasses her in is Force power, which won't keep her from getting speed-blitzed.

#3 Posted by Redshift_Bacon (687 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait for Episode 9 before putting Rey against Legends characters. Her and Kylo in Episode 7 and 8 move like Slugs in comparison.

#4 Edited by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait for Episode 9 before putting Rey against Legends characters. Her and Kylo in Episode 7 and 8 move like Slugs in comparison.

I agree with the second part. Legends Force users are just too fast relative to their Disney counterparts. As for waiting for Episode IX, I'm not sure that matters; their speed still won't scale to Legends Force Users.

But, even if one equalized speed here, Darsha would still win. Rey is nowhere close to Legends Darth Maul's level (or even frankly Disney Maul).

#5 Posted by Redshift_Bacon (687 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by shroudofsorrow (6001 posts) - - Show Bio

@redshift_bacon: No more than Disney's. In fact I'd actually argue that they really aren't. Obviously outlier showings exist, but they're not that inconsistent overall. There's much more internal consistency in Star Wars Legends than there is in, say, most superhero comics (though the former benefits from having fewer writers and stories and having not been around for as many decades).

In any case, the claim is also not relevant to this discussion. This is still a mismatched battle, as most Legends Vs. Disney Force user matchups inevitably are.