• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"AtPhantom said:
"Allow me to rephrase: when has the OE not worked the way Darkseid wnated it to work? because if he doesn't want to kill people with it doesn't mean he can't. The OE has been countered only twice, Once by the spectre, and once by the armor created by Darkseid from an Imperiex probe, so please unlesss you ca can tell us when it happened,
Darkseid has failed to kill people with it many a time. The only ones he ever seems to get rid of are nobodies and Kalibak and Dessad, and he does that to them at the end of every month. And they say it won't work on Superman because he is significant to the universe. It's garbage, pure and simple. Thanos exists outside the influence of the universe. Cosmic deities like Lord Chaos and Master Order can't see, predict or perceive his moves, actions or possible actions. They couldn't even tell when he was in their own house.

Regardless of whether or not it could work, Thanos has shields that would stop it dead. His shields are powerful enough to withstand assaults from beings on Galactus' level, and it's consistent.  Even if by some fluke that the OE could affect Thanos, it'd never reach him for it to work. And aside from that, Thanos has a host of other powers he can use. It's insane, and to top it off he's notorious for tapping and absorbing energies from various beings and sources. He absorbed the energy of Death herself."
Again, when has it not worked the way Darkseid wanted it to work? All you have done so far is telling us OE is worthless and proving it with absolutely nothing."
Thats pretty much all he can do
Ares powered up with the god wave is beyond Thanos and DS pwned him with the OE

There isnt a single legit argument to show that Thanos would in anyway be immune or be able to defend against the OE

DS could have killed Superman with the OB at one point but he needed him alive

None of Thanos shields would be able to block it
#52 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"bloodmist said:
"Lantern Prime said:
"Team Marvel all day long!"

Your such a cheerleader...and a marvel fanboy on par with SeSAW himself. Surfer can't beat Prime..."

Your slow and stupid,. Look who fighting and tell me who wins this battle."
You do realize that no one cares about what you think or say right? Because you pretty much know nothing about either character right?"
#53 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"if that is your defense then it can easily be said that thanos controls his own molecular structure and is immune to universal lvl alteration on himself and it would negate the OB..."
It can also be said that Darkseid destroyed the armor of the Anti Monitor with OE, Anti Monitor>>>>Thanos.
#54 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

defense for thanos and the OE outside of master order and chaos complete molecular control while alive immortal... while dead  the assumption is he is part of death with her power usage... if being vital to the universe thanos fits the bill as he has bn responsible for the salvation of the universe by being omniscient position specifically set by TOAA.... being and is a death god destroying the rot...

caption
caption
#55 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
"if that is your defense then it can easily be said that thanos controls his own molecular structure and is immune to universal lvl alteration on himself and it would negate the OB..."
It can also be said that Darkseid destroyed the armor of the Anti Monitor with OE, Anti Monitor>>>>Thanos."
i can also say thanos has assulted Galactus and destroyed the rot.

darksied  <<<<<<<<<<<<<the rot galactus
#56 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"defense for thanos and the OE outside of master order and chaos complete molecular control while alive immortal... while the assumption is part of death with her power usage... if being vital to the universe thanos fits the bill as he has bn responsible for the salvation of the universe by being omniscient position specifically set by TOAA.... being and is a death god destroying the rot...

caption
caption
"
No, The Source will not protect him from OE because he is vital to the universe, I have already explained it extensively on Darkseid vs thanos thread, if you like, yo can see it. Darkseid was also shown to be immune to alterations in reality, like in superman/batman, where he plots his release from the source wall across several alternate realities.

Also consider this, Darkseids death in Countdown 01 has caused the Earth to become separated from normal space and time. Thanos' death in annihilation has caused......nothing.
#57 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"AtPhantom said:
"LordCosmicKing said:
It can also be said that Darkseid destroyed the armor of the Anti Monitor with OE, Anti Monitor>>>>Thanos."
i can also say thanos has assulted Galactus and destroyed the rot.

darksied  <<<<<<<<<<<<<the rot galactus"
Darkseid attacked and managed to hurt the spectre.

Spectre>>>>>>>>>rot Galactus
#58 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

your right but if the OB  removes him from space time continumm then he would have never  have set the universe right negating TOAA plan and as far as i know you cant alter Gods plan even if you yourself believe yourself to be a god....if the OB could effect thanos the marvel u would cease to exist.. over turning TOAA edict.

#59 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

Look, i'm really tired, and have to get some sleep, if you want to, i have made an extensive explanation on tat subject on Darkseid vs Thanos, go and see and we can continue this tomorrow.

#60 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Allow me to rephrase: when has the OE not worked the way Darkseid wnated it to work? because if he doesn't want to kill people with it doesn't mean he can't. The OE has been countered only twice, Once by the spectre, and once by the armor created by Darkseid from an Imperiex probe, so please unlesss you ca can tell us when it happened,
HalJordan1986x said:
"Translation: I have no proof"
"
Because it doesn't work the OE is supposed to erase people from existence, when is the last time that happened, hell who has it erased other than nobadys.
And of this fight Team 2 FTW GL doesn't belong here any of them except maybe ION. GL gets taken out so fast its not even funny and that leaves DS to deal with Surfer and Thanos game over.
#61 Posted by Lantern Prime (12987 posts) - - Show Bio
SeSAW said:
"AtPhantom said:
HalJordan1986x said:
"Translation: I have no proof"
"
Because it doesn't work the OE is supposed to erase people from existence, when is the last time that happened, hell who has it erased other than nobadys.
And of this fight Team 2 FTW GL doesn't belong here any of them except maybe ION. GL gets taken out so fast its not even funny and that leaves DS to deal with Surfer and Thanos game over."

Eh don't worry aobut that guy. Hes the Reason why NinjagaidenX7 got banned. Hes a trouble maker just tryin to get you to say something ban worthy. HaljordanXGreen Lantenr
#62 Posted by The_Scourge (5345 posts) - - Show Bio
Team 2
#63 Posted by Strafe Prower (13013 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid and GL ftw.

#64 Posted by Tevnoba (3451 posts) - - Show Bio

In previous battles on the vine it comes down to this:

Thanos>Darkseid>Silver Surfer = Green Lantern

Thanos will win

#65 Posted by SeSAW (3694 posts) - - Show Bio

SS>>>>any standard GL 

#66 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio
Strafe Prower said:
"Darkseid and GL ftw."
I guess
Neither of of team 2 can defend against the OE
#67 Posted by FangNthunder (109 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"ecsnclr said:
you seid that was SeSAW OR Lantern Prime"
He says it about everyone who doesn't agree with them. Stupid kids these days."
No I say that towards idiots that don't know what they are talking about
A category that all three of you fit in quite nicely"
  No I'll confirm it, your  either an asshat in general or a nerd with repressed emotions who likes to take his anger out on people on a comic website.
Take your pick.
#68 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio
FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"ecsnclr said:
  No I'll confirm it, your  either an asshat in general or a nerd with repressed emotions who likes to take his anger out on people on a comic website.
Take your pick."
Why you come on this site I will never know
We already confirmed that you don't read comics

Can't you make any friends IRL ?
#69 Edited by FangNthunder (109 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"ecsnclr said:
Take your pick."

Can't you make any friends IRL ?"
  No, that was your own delusion, the same delusion that allows you to think that you are Intelligent in your childish slanderous remarks that you make about most anyone who disagrees with you.
   Really, I don't know why you act like your someone important, because you really aren't, and your arrogant attitude just makes you seem even more pathetic.

Pwned(lol, I still remember when you said that, incredibly lame)

Lol, friends?

One of us is a virgin and its not me.
#70 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio
FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"ecsnclr said:
Take your pick."

No, that was your own delusion, the same delusion that allows you to think that you are Intelligent in your childish slanderous remarks that you make about most anyone who disagrees with you.
   Really, I don't know why you act like your someone important, because you really aren't, and your arrogant attitude just makes you seem even more pathetic.

Lol, friends?

One of us is a virgin and its not me."
People who brag about not being virgins on the internet are usually virgins
#71 Posted by FangNthunder (109 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"ecsnclr said:
Take your pick."

Lol, friends?

"
   Nice comeback, really keep trying.
#72 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4853 posts) - - Show Bio
FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"ecsnclr said:
Take your pick."

Lol, friends?

"
   Nice comeback, really keep trying."
Why bother? I don't feel like getting into a roast fest with you
You clearly don't read comics which defeats the entire purpose of you being on this site
#73 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

the sentry = the specter sliding scale of power atphantom   :)

should never really use the specter for comparison....

#74 Posted by Ball Buster (2016 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Two ftw.

#75 Posted by spidey209 (583 posts) - - Show Bio

team one

#76 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

aside of using the OE BFR is there any other way team one can win?

#77 Posted by ecsnclr (4282 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"aside of using the OE BFR is there any other way team one can win?"

LOL No but it doesn't look like HalJordan1986x is going to admit that team one will loose but i would love to hear all of his reasons for them winning and a bit of proof. i can not judge who would win since i made the thread and it would be unfair and Evan if i did i have no proof for my team winning.
#78 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"the sentry = the specter sliding scale of power atphantom   :)

should never really use the specter for comparison...."
You people use the Spectre as a whipping boy and don't realize that even at his lowest power level in the past three decades, he is still on par with Galactus. stop saying Spectre is weak, because he isn't Show me anyone who defeated him in the past 5 years, before the Final crisis.
#79 Posted by ecsnclr (4282 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"LordCosmicKing said:

You people use the Spectre as a whipping boy and don't realize that even at his lowest power level in the past three decades, he is still on par with Galactus. stop saying Spectre is weak, because he isn't Show me anyone who defeated him in the past 5 years, before the Final crisis."
I didn't say Spectre was weak i don't like him but i know he's not weak but then again a lot people underestimate Galactus !
#80 Posted by FangNthunder (109 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"FangNthunder said:
"HalJordan1986x said:
"Rei-Kai said:
"ecsnclr said:
Take your pick."

Lol, friends?

"
   Nice comeback, really keep trying."
Why bother? I don't feel like getting into a roast fest with you
You clearly don't read comics which defeats the entire purpose of you being on this site"
   Oh, I get it. So when someone actually defends themselves from your little cyber bullying you back off like the little cunt that you are. Point taken.
#81 Posted by Tevnoba (3451 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"LordCosmicKing said:

You people use the Spectre as a whipping boy and don't realize that even at his lowest power level in the past three decades, he is still on par with Galactus. stop saying Spectre is weak, because he isn't Show me anyone who defeated him in the past 5 years, before the Final crisis."
I never really liked the Spectre, I will be the first to admit it.  So when I joined the vine, I downloaded about 30 Spectre comics to review him (I have deleted them since then).  In at least half of the ones I downloaded he was getting his butt controlled, manipulated, dominated or kick by weak Sorcerers and mortals with little to no power.  The other half were him psychologically dealing with becoming the Spectre where he faced nobody of importance.  I will grant that, if backed by the source, he could be a power to contend with, utterly he is very weak in the grand scheme of things because his power and standing are unreliable.  He had gotten his a$$ kicked how many times?  The comics I was reading were all from the 90's (most early 90's).
#82 Posted by Rei-Kai (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

Thing is, Spectre is the DCU's cosmic whipping boy. As powerful as he's supposed to be, he has so many weak and pathetic showings that it's a wonder he's even used at all. With Galactus, at least the explanation is right there. He's either hungry or starving or hasn't had a meal in some time which explains his weakness. Spectre? They don't explain why he gets smacked around the way he does by people who should be infinitely weaker than him. Spectre is supposed to be the DCU's version of the Living Tribunal, but he does such a bad job of it that there's no way to give him any respect. And it's hard to make an argument for the guy when he has so many problems.

#83 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

didnt BLACK ADAM TEAR HIM APART? AND THE HAWKMAN DUDE CUT HIS CHEEK WITH A SPEAR?

#84 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Tevnoba said:
"AtPhantom said:
"LordCosmicKing said:

I never really liked the Spectre, I will be the first to admit it.  So when I joined the vine, I downloaded about 30 Spectre comics to review him (I have deleted them since then).  In at least half of the ones I downloaded he was getting his butt controlled, manipulated, dominated or kick by weak Sorcerers and mortals with little to no power.  The other half were him psychologically dealing with becoming the Spectre where he faced nobody of importance.  I will grant that, if backed by the source, he could be a power to contend with, utterly he is very weak in the grand scheme of things because his power and standing are unreliable.  He had gotten his a$$ kicked how many times?  The comics I was reading were all from the 90's (most early 90's)."
Okay, I'll admit I overplayed my post a little bit. But since Hal Jordan, Spectre's power level was quite stable, and has only gotten more powerful over the years, Hal Jordan Spectre is the one I was talking about, and he was the one attacked by by Darkseid and the one who owned him, he was the one who pierced the source wall with about as much trouble as walking across the street. Since then, The spectre has never been defeated until revelations, and this because of the greatest magical weapon in dcu.
And Spectre's power comes from the presence, not from the source.
Rei-Kai said:
"Thing is, Spectre is the DCU's cosmic whipping boy. As powerful as he's supposed to be, he has so many weak and pathetic showings that it's a wonder he's even used at all. With Galactus, at least the explanation is right there. He's either hungry or starving or hasn't had a meal in some time which explains his weakness. Spectre? They don't explain why he gets smacked around the way he does by people who should be infinitely weaker than him. Spectre is supposed to be the DCU's version of the Living Tribunal, but he does such a bad job of it that there's no way to give him any respect. And it's hard to make an argument for the guy when he has so many problems."
He was DC's Living Tribunal because there was no one else to do the job for the crossover. If the was a LT in DC, it would be Archangel Michael. And Like I said, Spectre hasn't been defeated in five years at least.
LordCosmicKing said:
"didnt BLACK ADAM TEAR HIM APART? AND THE HAWKMAN DUDE CUT HIS CHEEK WITH A SPEAR?"

Black Adam tore him apart because he didn't care, he's a ghost, he can't feel it. Turn the other page and you'll see Spectre owning him with a blink. It wasn't hawkman who cut him, but like I said, he didn't care.
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
#85 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5592 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't the Source be DC's Living Tribunal?

#86 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
The Man of Yesteryear said:
"Wouldn't the Source be DC's Living Tribunal?"
The source is DC's Eternity and Infinity.
#87 Posted by Rei-Kai (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

And Thanos talks smack to Eternity and gets in his face. He also took out the Rot, which was killing Eternity.

#88 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"And Thanos talks smack to Eternity and gets in his face. He also took out the Rot, which was killing Eternity."
And Darkseid stole the Source's powers and corrupted it a couple of times.

What's your point?
#89 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

um.. this is pissing contest that is sooooo one sided that it is not even funny.. might want to stop

#90 Posted by Rei-Kai (2721 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:

What's your point?"
Doc Strange has had Eternity's power before. Thanos was on that level when he jacked a Cosmic Cube. He exceeded that when he gained the Infinity Gauntlet and went beyond the Living Tribunal when he took possession of the Heart of the Universe. Thanos' feats of skill, power and intelligence are far greater than Darkseid's. Darkseid, Highfather, and others already have a connection to the Source itself so being able to utilize its power and affect it is not exactly impressive. Taking full control of omnipotent forces without succumbing to it is something better. Thanos has tasted Real omnipotence, not the childs stuff that Darkseid has used.

Not to mention that Thanos beat the Beyonder. Though to be fair it was Human Beyonder. In either case, Thanos without powerups is still more powerful than Darkseid. You need PC-Darkseid to take on Thanos. Otherwise 'seid just gets stuffed into a box and punted back to Apokalypse.
#91 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

hilarious  :)

#92 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"AtPhantom said:

What's your point?"
Doc Strange has had Eternity's power before. Thanos was on that level when he jacked a Cosmic Cube. He exceeded that when he gained the Infinity Gauntlet and went beyond the Living Tribunal when he took possession of the Heart of the Universe. Thanos' feats of skill, power and intelligence are far greater than Darkseid's. Darkseid, Highfather, and others already have a connection to the Source itself so being able to utilize its power and affect it is not exactly impressive. Taking full control of omnipotent forces without succumbing to it is something better. Thanos has tasted Real omnipotence, not the childs stuff that Darkseid has used.

Not to mention that Thanos beat the Beyonder. Though to be fair it was Human Beyonder. In either case, Thanos without powerups is still more powerful than Darkseid. You need PC-Darkseid to take on Thanos. Otherwise 'seid just gets stuffed into a box and punted back to Apokalypse."
You listed a bunch of Thanos' feats with powerups and then you say he is stronger than DS without them???

That Thanos tasted real omnipotence means absolutely nothing in this fight, considering he has no powerups. Every time you run into a corner you say Thanos achieved omnipotence. Great, how does that help him here?

If you want to talk power, this is one of Creator's arguments: In Cosmic Odyssey, Dr. Fate cast a spell to destroy a universe. Lacking the power to do it, the spell used Darkseid, Orion, Highfather, Etrigan and Fate himself as power sources to preform the task. therefore, Darkseid supplied 1/5 of the power needed to destroy a universe.
#93 Edited by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

you know thanos alone with his energy mixture with death when he died created the rot... that was just a split second of contact..

also most ppl assume that thanos power up tend not to stick when the latter is actually true... each time thanos is seen he is given a power by death or acquired more power and added it to his own exampl is tyrants orb most assume that he had the power up for that issue.. but i have a scan of him studying it and finally adding it to his power source. ill edit and post for you in a min..

caption
caption
#94 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
LordCosmicKing said:
"you know thanos alone with his energy mixture with death when he died created the rot... that was just a split second of contact.."
So? time doesn't matter when you're having sex with an abstract.
#95 Posted by Rei-Kai (2721 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos regularly smacks down entire Super-hero teams and without any powerups to speak of, physically overpowered the Thing, Hulk, Hercules, and Thor. He has beaten down Drax who brushes off shots from the Surfer and whom destroyed a planet just by having a fist fight with him...back in the 70's. Thanos slaps aside Heralds of Galactus as easily as one might kick a small dog out of the way. Thanos took on Odin without any power ups at all and held his own, forcing Odin to use Gungnir to focus his attacks and still it wasn't enough to take him down. And this was almost immediately after Thanos put down a Power Gem Warrior-Madness enraged Thor.

AtPhantom said:

If you want to talk power, this is one of Creator's arguments: In Cosmic Odyssey, Dr. Fate cast a spell to destroy a universe. Lacking the power to do it, the spell used Darkseid, Orion, Highfather, Etrigan and Fate himself as power sources to preform the task. therefore, Darkseid supplied 1/5 of the power needed to destroy a universe."
That's not accurate. Having 5 people supplying power does that mean they were all giving an equal share. Especially since Highfather and Orion have links to the Source as well. And besides that, Thanos absorbed some of Death's energy to destroy a being that no other entity in the Marvel universe could do anything about that was destroying and consuming the entire universe. That is the Rot. That is the child of Thanos and Death. By your logic, Thanos has 1/2 the power to destroy the Universe.

#96 Posted by LordCosmicKing (2717 posts) - - Show Bio

i am sure thanos would be offended by that comment.. he may be efficient in his goals but their are somethings he would take his time in..

#97 Posted by AtPhantom (14434 posts) - - Show Bio
Rei-Kai said:
"Thanos regularly smacks down entire Super-hero teams and without any powerups to speak of, physically overpowered the Thing, Hulk, Hercules, and Thor. He has beaten down Drax who brushes off shots from the Surfer and whom destroyed a planet just by having a fist fight with him...back in the 70's. Thanos slaps aside Heralds of Galactus as easily as one might kick a small dog out of the way. Thanos took on Odin without any power ups at all and held his own, forcing Odin to use Gungnir to focus his attacks and still it wasn't enough to take him down. And this was almost immediately after Thanos put down a Power Gem Warrior-Madness enraged Thor.

AtPhantom said:
If you want to talk power, this is one of Creator's arguments: In Cosmic Odyssey, Dr. Fate cast a spell to destroy a universe. Lacking the power to do it, the spell used Darkseid, Orion, Highfather, Etrigan and Fate himself as power sources to preform the task. therefore, Darkseid supplied 1/5 of the power needed to destroy a universe."
That's not accurate. Having 5 people supplying power does that mean they were all giving an equal share. Especially since Highfather and Orion have links to the Source as well. And besides that, Thanos absorbed some of Death's energy to destroy a being that no other entity in the Marvel universe could do anything about that was destroying and consuming the entire universe. That is the Rot. That is the child of Thanos and Death. By your logic, Thanos has 1/2 the power to destroy the Universe.

"
Thanos was a punching bag to Odin. He was barely standing by the end of the fight.

And yes, I'm sure Orion has the same level of power as Darkseid, so just said Darkseid gave more than 1/5, thank you.

I don't see Thanos destroying a universe here. It screams, so what? people scream when someone cuts them, that doesn't mean they die. Besides, your balance of power is a bit off, Lady death is a hell of a lot more powerful than Thanos.
LordCosmicKing said:
"you know thanos alone with his energy mixture with death when he died created the rot... that was just a split second of contact..

also most ppl assume that thanos power up tend not to stick when the latter is actually true... each time thanos is seen he is given a power by death or acquired more power and added it to his own exampl is tyrants orb most assume that he had the power up for that issue.. but i have a scan of him studying it and finally adding it to his power source. ill edit and post for you in a min..

caption
caption
"
You know, you can just make a new post, it can be really confusing when you edit like that.
I don't see anything that says he keeps this power. He has the orb, he studied it and figured it out, he's going to use it. It isn't becoming a part of him.