Not really sure about this, but anyway, it can be locked if needed haha

Avatar image for Ghaszaszh_Nyirh
Ghaszaszh_Nyirh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Thanos would need the full infinity gauntlet to stand against Yog Sothoth. Darkseid and Cthulhu are non-factors. So says Ghaszaszh Nyirh.

No Caption Provided

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for ^

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid and Cthulhu are non-factors.

LOL k

Either Cthulhu or Yog-Sothoth could solo as long as Darkseid and Thanos have standard gear.

Avatar image for Ghaszaszh_Nyirh
Ghaszaszh_Nyirh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghaszaszh_nyirh said:

LOL k

Either Cthulhu or Yog-Sothoth could solo as long as Darkseid and Thanos have standard gear.

Cthulhu was harmed by a boat ramming into him. Thanos has two Infinity Gems in the OP, which is more than enough to handle Cthulhu.

Avatar image for deactivated-60fae469e992f
deactivated-60fae469e992f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghaszaszh_nyirh: The reality gem, when it went haywire, was creating universe, after universe, after universe. Can anyone the character I asked feats for match that?

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By echostarlord117

@echostarlord117 said:
@ghaszaszh_nyirh said:

LOL k

Cthulhu was harmed by a boat ramming into him. Thanos has two Infinity Gems in the OP, which is more than enough to handle Cthulhu.

Out of context and quite frankly a serious case of PIS. Cthulhu has almost no real feats but is said to be nigh-omnipotent (at least to mortals). I mean, I guess it depends on what Infinity Gems you pick, but it shouldn't be "more than enough to handle Cthulhu" no matter what.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newblood2333: HP lovecraft character are vague at best when it comes to power levels but Yog is supposed to exist everywhere no matter what time, universe or galaxy so it's likely the reality gem alone isn't up to destroying it. It is also multiversal by statements

Newblood2333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Oh okay, i don't know too much about those characters. Was it an actual feat or statements?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newblood2333: very few HP lovecraft characters have actual feats above planet level, only statements, for example: it was said that if azathoth was to wake for even a moment then the results could end up killing the entire human race (cthulhu can summon him I belive)

Avatar image for kryptonianprime
KryptonianPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL Darkseid has the ALE, he could just make them play naked twister while Thanos creates a beer for each of them with the IG for their amusement. The ALE subjugates the will of ANY and ALL life, the fight would be over before it began.

WF_Mxyzptlk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cthulu mythos is all statementforce, all the time.

Team 1 stomps.

Avatar image for thesilentripper
TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cthulu mythos is all statementforce, all the time.

Team 1 stomps.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kryptonianprime: well the old gods aren't technically alive. Plus Yog is omnipresent by feats and cthulhu can summon a true omnipotent

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Does Azathoth have any feats to prove he is omnipotent? I mean, Darkseid and Odin called themselves omnipotent, but we all know that's not true.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_caped_crusader: does TOAA have feats to prove he is omnipotent? The author statements say he is and other major gods say he is. It's said that the omniverse is his dream. Cthulhu and Yog are pretty much statement force though I will admit that. All we know about Yog for certain is that he is omnipresent

The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_caped_crusader: does TOAA have feats to prove he is omnipotent? The author statements say he is and other major gods say he is. It's said that the omniverse is his dream. Cthulhu and Yog are pretty much statement force though I will admit that. All we know about Yog for certain is that he is omnipresent

Like I just said, Darkseid and Odin were referred to as omnipotent by their respective authors, but that doesn't mean it's true. How is he kept asleep by less powerful beings? Shouldn't he be beyond their influence since he's all-powerful?

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 can take Cthulhu

and the month prep is going to help a lot against sothoth

so, team 1 for now

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for dragonborntookanarrowtotheknee
DragonBornTookAnArrowToTheKnee789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghaszaszh_nyirh: Cthulhu was in the middle of a ritual to materialize out of Ry'leh, due to being in the middle of the ritual when the boat hit he was harmed((the wound healed anyway)).

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By bobandjim1260

Team one will win this, if only because of prep. Both Thanos and Darksied could handle Lovecraftian Cthulhu on their own without power-ups. This is coming from a really large fan of Lovecraft. Cthulhu, in terms of comic books, really isn't that powerful. Yog-sothoth is only troublesome because of his very abstract like type of existence. I believe that Thanos and Darkseid could outsmart Yog-sothoth somehow, as they have tendencies of outsmarting beings of a similar nature. Yog-sothoth and Cthulhu from the works of Hp Lovecraft are very much overhyped on this site. It's almost to the point where it appears that some users claim to have read his short stories while only have having learned feats from other users who overblow their abilities. Lovecraft's entities don't really belong on forums like these because of how they're written. To be honest, if Thanos or Darksied were to enter the world of the Cthulhu mythos, they would be considered eldritch horrors too. If this battle took place in the Cthulhu mythos world, I would give it to Cthulhu and Yog-sothoth. I would like to remind people who claim that Yog-sothoth and Cthulhu are multiveral threats, to remember the context in which they are written. I will expand with quotes and other such things to further expand my explanation if need be. However, I don't want to end up writing a book on here like I occasionally find myself doing.

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would just like to add that Thanos recently defeated Ego the Living Planet. This was long before he ever set out to obtain the cosmic cube. Ego the Living Planet is like a larger and more powerful version of Ghroth the harbinger, who is considered to be an "Outer God" (that term was really only used in the RPG, but they still classified it as such). It is arguably also one of the largest creatures in the Cthulhu mythos.

nwname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nwname  Moderator

What the hell ? Yog solos marvel and dc at the same time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nwgzsjuwhm96y2: Nope. Certain high tiers would beat him. Cthulhu if he cannont summon any Outer Gods is a non-factor.

Avatar image for masterofluck123
MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Yog-Sothoth is Hilbert Space Level ++, meaning that there is quite literally an countless number of 1-A beings living inside of Yog, and there are some Lovecraftian deities that can blink infinite dimensional beings out of existence.

The weakest Outer God Nyarlathotep would effortlessly stomp the whole cast of Marvel and DC barring TOAA and the Primal Monitor, nvm Yog who embodies the entirety of Azathoth's dream.

w12yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decaf_wizard: Yog-Sothoth is Hilbert Space Level ++, meaning that there is quite literally an countless number of 1-A beings living inside of Yog, and there are some Lovecraftian deities that can blink infinite dimensional beings out of existence.

The weakest Outer God Nyarlathotep would effortlessly stomp the whole cast of Marvel and DC barring TOAA and the Primal Monitor, nvm Yog who embodies the entirety of Azathoth's dream.

No Caption Provided

MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w12yeah: Then you've obviously never heard of what is infinity in projective geometry. Which is not difficult to understand regardless of how you put it.

w12yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w12yeah: Same thing.

And projective geometry isn't hard to understand at all. Still basic geometry that would be a cakewalk for high-schoolers.

w12yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe
deactivated-5cb5c24a12dfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@echostarlord117 said:
@ghaszaszh_nyirh said:

LOL k

Have you actually read any of Lovecraft's novels and short stories? Iirc, the boat "rammed" into a Cthulhu who wasn't even awake and went straight through because Cthulhu doesn't really have any substance. He wasn't harmed, the boat just went right through.

MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w12yeah: You failed to grasp my point.

Which is larger, an infinitely large square or finite cube?

The answer is the cube, because the square has by default zero volume, thus the cube is infinitely greater than the square.

Marvel's multiverse is 16 dimensional tops. Nya is dimensionless (beyond even infinite dimensions). The fight between them wouldn't even be a fight at all.

w12yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofluck123: dude i et what your trying to explain to me already i said that nya cant beat all of marvel even without toaa

MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w12yeah: Why not, exactly?

The strongest character in Marvel is PR Beyonder who was infinite dimensional. Take him away, and you are left with only LT, who is "only" the embodiment of the 16 dimensional multiverse.

Any 17 dimensional scrub would tear the Marvel multiverse apart like a piece of paper.

And explain when you reply. Otherwise with no reasons you are not even arguing at all.

SwagPack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You would need someone on Azathoth's level to defeat Yog-Sothoth so it's a stomp

w12yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w12yeah: Well MM could only slow down Beyonder and in the end Beyonder kicked his ass lol.

Yeah forgot about Fulcrum. Due to being an aspect of TOAA he should be at least tier 1-A. He could probably beat Nya but remember, Nya is like, the weakest Outer God.

w12yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofluck123: so lets just lock this thread cause they lost and they can summon near omni beings agree

MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w12yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofluck123: ok know a mod cause people will post dumb comments im 100% sure of that

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid and Thanos by feats.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By feats I'd say Team 1. There's a lot of symbolism and varying statements about the powers and abilities of the HP gods, but it depends.

w12yeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By w12yeah
MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w12yeah: I wouldn't say its "dumb", people do have reasons for their beliefs after all, and I respect them for it.

Although this thread should be locked.

@sc@jedixman@god_spawn

TheSilentRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bobandjim1260

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To all those spreading the idea that Cthulhu wasn't harmed by the boat.

"

"The stars were right again, and what an age-old cult had failed to do by design, a band of innocent sailors had done by accident. After vigintillions of years (This statement, an exaggeration as it is contradicted in the Mountains of Madness by an actual record of Cthulhu's arrival to Earth in TMOM. This is a good example of not taking Lovecraft's descriptions of things literally) great Cthulhu was loose again, and ravening for delight.

Three men were swept up by the flabby claws before anybody turned. God rest them, if there be any rest in the universe. They were Donovan, Guerrera, and Ångstrom. Parker slipped as the other three were plunging frenziedly over endless vistas of green-crusted rock to the boat, and Johansen swears he was swallowed up by an angle of masonry which shouldn’t have been there; an angle which was acute, but behaved as if it were obtuse. So only Briden and Johansen reached the boat, and pulled desperately for the Alert as the mountainous monstrosity flopped down the slimy stones and hesitated floundering at the edge of the water.

Steam had not been suffered to go down entirely, despite the departure of all hands for the shore; and it was the work of only a few moments of feverish rushing up and down between wheel and engines to get the Alert under way. Slowly, amidst the distorted horrors of that indescribable scene, she began to churn the lethal waters; whilst on the masonry of that charnel shore that was not of earth the titan Thing from the stars slavered and gibbered like Polypheme cursing the fleeing ship of Odysseus. Then, bolder than the storied Cyclops, great Cthulhu slid greasily into the water and began to pursue with vast wave-raising strokes of cosmic potency. Briden looked back and went mad, laughing shrilly as he kept on laughing at intervals till death found him one night in the cabin whilst Johansen was wandering deliriously.

But Johansen had not given out yet. Knowing that the Thing could surely overtake the Alert until steam was fully up, he resolved on a desperate chance; and, setting the engine for full speed, ran lightning-like on deck and reversed the wheel. There was a mighty eddying and foaming in the noisome brine, and as the steam mounted higher and higher the brave Norwegian drove his vessel head on against the pursuing jelly which rose above the unclean froth like the stern of a daemon galleon. The awful squid-head with writhing feelers came nearly up to the bowsprit of the sturdy yacht, but Johansen drove on relentlessly. There was a bursting as of an exploding bladder, a slushy nastiness as of a cloven sunfish, a stench as of a thousand opened graves, and a sound that the chronicler would not put on paper. For an instant the ship was befouled by an acrid and blinding green cloud, and then there was only a venomous seething astern; where—God in heaven!—the scattered plasticity of that nameless sky-spawn was nebulously recombining in its hateful original form, whilst its distance widened every second as the Alert gained impetus from its mounting steam."

Not only was Cthulhu beaten, he was beaten when the stars were right. Cthulhu is still a massively dangerous entity......to normal humanity from Lovecraft's time. Cthulhu wasn't meant to be unbeatable by any means. While he is probably immune to many weapons that we would fire at him (due to regeneration alone), he can still be harmed. The idea that was further explained in "A Shadow Out Of Time", was that humans are very superstitious creatures and will typically apply godlike attributes and or supernatural powers to things we don't understand. Marvel is a different story all together. There are many superheroes capable of defeating Cthulhu, Thanos would definitely be one of them. Beings like Thanos and Darkseid, while not being terribly ugly, would definitely have the power and intelligence to stand against many Lovecraft's creations. I would also like to remind everyone of the Cancerverse story. Where, at the end *Spoilers* Thanos tricked them into letting Death into the Universe. Death then destroys the entire universe in one attack. Personally, the whole cancerverse thing didn't really seem Lovecraftian to me. For one, many Lovecraftain beings are merely scary aliens, The Mi-Go, Elder Things, Hounds of Tindalos, Yithain, etc. Making them out to be some evil ugly creatures seems kind of funny to me. Especially when, within the Marvel universe, there are alien races very similar to ones described in Lovecraft's stories. But I digress. Use this information for or against each other if need be.

Matthijs_Noyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterofluck123:

My God, this entire dimensions shit is hilariously stupid.

Imagine a 2-dimensional being. This being is completely 2-dimensional. However, it has the ability to fire lasers, and is made of steel. You now have to fight this being.

You are a 3-dimensional being (technically 4-dimensional, but we're ignoring the dimension of time right now), and as such you should, by your logic, murderstomp this being. In reality, however, you do not. It would annihilate you, because it is made of steel and has lasers. The same argument could apply to a 1-dimensional being, if it had the ability to shoot large enough laser beams.

Having more dimensions than something does not mean you're more powerful than it, and to argue as such is stupid.