#1 Edited by k4tzm4n (41722 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, wow. How has this thread not been made yet?!  Hopefully it will stem a good debate... 

Green Arrow (Ollie) 
-Bow & Unlimited regular arrows 
-Katana 
-1 glue arrow  
-1 explosive tipped arrow 
-1 sonic arrow

VS

Daredevil (Pre-Shadowland) 
-Twin batons 

They begin 75 feet apart, visible.  11am, unpopulated. Everything is on limits. 

Rules

-Morals apply.  
-Assume Green Arrow has knowledge of the location.
-Neither has knowledge on the other combatant. 
-Elimination by all standard methods. 
#2 Posted by nightwing91 (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow, he's got the bow long range, the katana for up close and a glue bomb. He covers Daredevil in it hes done.

#3 Posted by demifiend (3761 posts) - - Show Bio

GA

#4 Posted by k4tzm4n (41722 posts) - - Show Bio
@nightwing91:
I'd imagine tagging Daredevil directly would be a hard feat to accomplish to begin with.  Also, the glue arrow wouldn't completely cover Daredevil.  At the most, it could hinder an area as large as his face (from what I've seen).
#5 Posted by ForbushBug (512 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie.

#6 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go with Daredevil.

#7 Posted by mavfan626 (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, he's dealt with enemys before who use long range attacks so get passed that shouldn't be to hard and DD combat skills im sure are better then GA's.

#8 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio

I have hope for this thread. ;D

#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio

On one hand, I actually think Daredevil wins(barely), but on the other I want to debate with someone. 

I'm going with Green Arrow for debating sake. Have at ye!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
#10 Posted by deactivated-5c6600594117e (22316 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Daredevil ever used his billy clubs to deflect arrows in the past? 

#11 Posted by Citizen 14 (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

I got Daredevil. I have a hard time believing GA could even hit Matt. In the H2H its gotta be DD also.

#12 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
"  Has Daredevil ever used his billy clubs to deflect arrows in the past?  "
Not that I know of, but he's blocked a bunch of crap from Bullseye before.
#13 Posted by k4tzm4n (41722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" Has Daredevil ever used his billy clubs to deflect arrows in the past?  "
He's used it to block / deflect pointed projectiles from Bullseye before.  Daredevil also beat Hawkeye waaayback in the golden or silver age.  Don't know if he blocked any shots, though. 

@Citizen 14
said:
"I got Daredevil. I have a hard time believing GA could even hit Matt. In the H2H its gotta be DD also. "

Which is why I gave Ollie a katana, which he happens to be quite skilled with.  I wanted to make it as balanced as possible. 

#14 Posted by deactivated-5c6600594117e (22316 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

"@Jake Fury said:
Not that I know of, but he's blocked a bunch of crap from Bullseye before."
@Decoy Elite said:
"@Jake Fury said:
Not that I know of, but he's blocked a bunch of crap from Bullseye before."
This is what makes it tough. If he can block Ollie's arrow shots without losing his batons he's got a better than average chance. But if he decides to toss his batons and knock Ollie's arrows out of mid air he's still got the katana to deal with. 
#15 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" @Jake Fury said:
He's used it to block / deflect pointed projectiles from Bullseye before.  Daredevil also beat Hawkeye waaayback in the golden or silver age.  Don't know if he blocked any shots, though. 

@Citizen 14
said:
"I got Daredevil. I have a hard time believing GA could even hit Matt. In the H2H its gotta be DD also. "
Which is why I gave Ollie a katana, which he happens to be quite skilled with.  I wanted to make it as balanced as possible.   "
He's blocked bullets at the end of Man Without Fear. I wouldn't put it past him to be able to deflect arrows. 
#16 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna' say Green Arrow just on account of the weapons. I'd give it to Daredevil if this was a hand to hand fight.
#17 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.SLAUGHTERHOUSE.

#18 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
He's used them to deflect gunshots and shurikens.
#19 Posted by deactivated-5c6600594117e (22316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"@Jake Fury said:

Ahhhhh......thanks. 
#20 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
#21 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think DD even needs his batons to block/deflect arrows, he's cuaght them in the past. 

DD ftw. 

#22 Posted by k4tzm4n (41722 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @k4tzm4n said:
" @Jake Fury said:

@Citizen 14
said:
Which is why I gave Ollie a katana, which he happens to be quite skilled with.  I wanted to make it as balanced as possible.   "
He's blocked bullets at the end of Man Without Fear. I wouldn't put it past him to be able to deflect arrows.  "

Yeah, he's blocked bullets quite a few times.  The ones that come to mind are VS Bushwacker and some thugs in an alley.
#23 Posted by Silver2467 (16759 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give this to Daredevil. If he an dodge bullets and avoid attacks from Bullseye, he can successfully avoid Ollie's arrows. That said, it will not be an easy task, especially considering the distance at which they begin at. Closing the gap between them will be a necessity for Daredevil, and doing so would be an obstacle. Green Arrow likely will not simply stand still and wait for Daredevil to come in close range. I do believe, however, that Daredevil could accomplish that because of his agility and acrobatic skill, and once he manages to do so, he can outfight Arrow. 

#24 Posted by Ferro Vida (34317 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
He doesn't need to 

No Caption Provided
#25 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I still say Green Arrow stands a bit of a chance........yeah he loses the majority. :(

#26 Posted by deactivated-5c6600594117e (22316 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida:  

Good grief. 
#27 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ferro Vida:
Thank you, I was looking for those....
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#28 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

i guess people forgot that green arrow can shoot arrows that explode and have other effects that would really hurt daredevil, like that sonic arrow he used in cry for justice.

#29 Posted by Ferro Vida (34317 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: LOL 

@Jake Fury: Indeed.
#30 Edited by k4tzm4n (41722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite:
LOL.  Don't give up.  I wouldn't have made this if I didn't believe an arguement could be made for GA.  Hopefully a good debate will kick in soon.  (You know, one that isn't one-sided, haha)
Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
#31 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil would not like this
 Daredevil would not like this
#32 Posted by iLLituracy (13582 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut said:
" i guess people forgot that green arrow can shoot arrows that explode and have other effects that would really hurt daredevil, like that sonic arrow he used in cry for justice. "
He doesn't have his trick arrows.
#33 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut:  He only has regular arrows, so no sonic arrow.
#34 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @the human Juggernaut said:
" i guess people forgot that green arrow can shoot arrows that explode and have other effects that would really hurt daredevil, like that sonic arrow he used in cry for justice. "
He doesn't have his trick arrows. "
Daredevil already beat Hawkeye who was using several different trick arrows including a sonic arrow.
#35 Posted by k4tzm4n (41722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @iLLituracy said:
" @the human Juggernaut said:
He doesn't have his trick arrows. "
Daredevil already beat Hawkeye who was using several different trick arrows including a sonic arrow. "

Indeed, but based on what I've seen I'd say GA is above Hawkeye in terms of skill and tactical-mindset. But yeah, like others pointed out, his only trick arrow is 1 glue.  I didn't want to give him a sonic arrow or explosive.
#36 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, seems like Ollie here is losing the majority, well I"ll try and make a case for him, need to find my scans.

#37 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, I'm going to try and make a last stand for Green Arrow here, but please note that I actually think DD wins this one. I just want a debate to start up.

Okay so Ollie has infinite arrows which he can shoot at DD, but DD will just block or even catch them. But, that said what happens if Ollie's smart about it and fires a bunch of normal arrows(which are blocked) and then fires his glue arrow. Well if DD blocks that arrow then he's covered in glue and then Ollie can take him down before he gets out. Unless DD's radar can tell the difference between a glue arrow and a normal arrow, this strategy should work for Green Arrow.

Also I don't think this is a curbstomp close up either because GA has a sword, so while he's not likely to win, he can still put up quite a fight.

#38 Edited by k4tzm4n (41722 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: 

But, that said what happens if Ollie's smart about it and fires a bunch of normal arrows(which are blocked) and then fires his glue arrow.  

He's used a similar tactic against Drakon before.

Also I don't think this is a curbstomp close up either because GA has a sword, so while he's not likely to win, he can still put up quite a fight.      

It's my understanding he's extremely skilled with a blade.  He handily beat Red Hood and held his own against Deathstroke for a short period of time. 

#39 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
Indeed, but based on what I've seen I'd say GA is above Hawkeye in terms of skill and tactical-mindset. But yeah, like others pointed out, his only trick arrow is 1 glue.  I didn't want to give him a sonic arrow or explosive. "
I think DD would win either way.
#40 Posted by Ferro Vida (34317 posts) - - Show Bio
@the human Juggernaut said:
Read the OP.
#41 Posted by FinalStar86 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't see Ollie winning this with regular arrows.

#42 Posted by k4tzm4n (41722 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps I was mistaken to restrict GA so much.  He now has 1 explosive tipped arrow and 1 sonic arrow (as used vs Deadshot).
#43 Posted by Decoy Elite (30159 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" Perhaps I was mistaken to restrict GA so much.  He now has 1 explosive tipped arrow and 1 sonic arrow (as used vs Deadshot). "
I say that actually tips things in GA's favor. I know DD can dodge and such but if Green Arrow plays his cards right he should get a solid majority.
#44 Posted by FinalStar86 (8649 posts) - - Show Bio
@k4tzm4n said:
" Perhaps I was mistaken to restrict GA so much.  He now has 1 explosive tipped arrow and 1 sonic arrow (as used vs Deadshot). "
I would have to give it to Ollie now
#45 Edited by dane (10861 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow might have a decent chance with a sonic arrow but I think DD would still win the majority here.

#46 Posted by ComicStooge (22062 posts) - - Show Bio

GA, he's able to hang with Deathstroke.

#47 Posted by SuperTide (15900 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow FOREVER!

#48 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5752 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dane said:
"Green Arrow might have a decent chance with a sonic arrow but I think DD would still win the majority here. "
#49 Posted by nightwing91 (3893 posts) - - Show Bio

With a sonic Arrow, doesn't that give the advantage over DD? With the trick arrows, I think GA takes this.

#50 Posted by dragonmaster (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil