#551 Edited by Gotoucanario (2958 posts) - - Show Bio

They are nearly on the same "raw" skill level and DD is more agile but Bruce is stronger, more durable, has the better armor and much more efficient and honed fighting style thanks to his experience. DD gets rekt.

#552 Posted by foxerdes (10151 posts) - - Show Bio

@dirtytree333: Should I post gifs of Batman getting wrecked by merceneries? Face it, Bearded Mercenary and Asian Mercenary were much better written characters than Batfleck.

On topic: Matt wrecks him.

#553 Posted by DSTREET45 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a close fight IMO. Batman is stronger but Daredevil is faster and more agile.

#554 Edited by JediXMan (42485 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman.

#555 Posted by ILostTheKey (993 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman, maybe in a stomp.

#556 Posted by lubub55 (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil, maybe in a stomp.

Avatar image for green_ballerina
#557 Posted by Green_Ballerina (523 posts) - - Show Bio

Fatfleck gets those hands unless he gets DD with one of his fancy gizmos.

#558 Posted by MainJP (5915 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil.

#559 Posted by jagernutt (16331 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
#560 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

@foxerdes said:

@dirtytree333: Should I post gifs of Batman getting wrecked by merceneries? Face it, Bearded Mercenary and Asian Mercenary were much better written characters than Batfleck.

On topic: Matt wrecks him.

The mercenaries Bruce fought were far more competent than the thugs that Daredevil faced.

Yes, Matt fought Hand ninjas too, but they were inconsistent and Bruce could take a dozen or so of them as well.

Matt's physically inferior, and although he can do some pretty nice flips and kicks to avoid gunfire, whenever he fights an opponent with any skill whatsoever, he gets hurt badly. Bruce grabs and ragdolls him.

#562 Posted by BruceRogers (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

@dirtytree333: Are you really that misinformed or do you troll on purpose?. Fodder is fodder and it doesn't matter who is more competent. You claim Matt hasn't faced skilled opponents?. What would you call Punisher or Stick then?. Even Nobu, for that matter.

On the contrary, it's Batman who has yet to face a skilled opponent.

#563 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

@dirtytree333: Are you really that misinformed or do you troll on purpose?. Fodder is fodder, so there is no point in comparing who is more competent. You think Matt hasn't faced skilled opponents?. What would you call Punisher or maybe Nobu then?. Stick too for that matter.

In the contrary, it's Batman who has yet to face a skilled opponent. I do back him for the record, but your reasoning is downright faulty.

I didn't say that. I said whenever Matt faces an opponent with any skill, he gets hurt.

And Nobu is pretty much on Matt's level as of now, even though in season 2 he was inconsistent.

Matt can't afford to stay down for 10 seconds coughing up blood here.

Only one of the characters there whom I think Matt's truly superior than is Frank. I know he beat Stick, but if the latter had the same disposition then imo he would've won solidly.

#564 Posted by BruceRogers (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

@dirtytree333: He gets hurt because the opponents he faces are skilled enough to hurt him in the first place. I mean Bruce was hurt and hit many times by fodder, but that does not make him unskilled.

Stick's whole deal is that he is an immortal warrior who still fights like he is in his prime.

I am backing Batman myself mind you and I only tagged you because you are downplaying DD way too much.

#565 Posted by RBT (27800 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:

Bruce. But it'll be close.

#566 Posted by LDM (5361 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt said:
@rbt said:

Bruce. But it'll be close.

#568 Posted by KingCrimson (5560 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#569 Edited by foxerdes (10151 posts) - - Show Bio

@dirtytree333:

The mercenaries Bruce fought were far more competent than the thugs that Daredevil faced.

Maybe durability wise. Catching Batman off-guard and pulling his cape isn't anything impressive, it was just his mistake.

Yes, Matt fought Hand ninjas too, but they were inconsistent and Bruce could take a dozen or so of them as well.

Based on what?

Bruce grabs and ragdolls him.

No, he doesn't. Grappling and overpowering Matt is an option, but it's not nearly as easy as you think.

#570 Edited by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers said:

@dirtytree333: He gets hurt because the opponents he faces are skilled enough to hurt him in the first place. I mean Bruce was hurt and hit many times by fodder, but that does not make him unskilled.

Stick's whole deal is that he is an immortal warrior who still fights like he is in his prime.

I am backing Batman myself mind you and I only tagged you because you are downplaying DD way too much.

While Bruce did get hurt by the mercenaries, Matt would've died there. Matt's main problem is the fact that he takes longer to go through thugs, and the ones he faces aren't as decent as the ones Bruce faced. Bruce also tanked a gunshot right to his cowl (which I'm sure you know of), so he should take a billyclub toss rather nicely, as Matt would probably initiate with that.

Sure, Stick might still fight like he's in his prime, but if he was as angry as Matt was during that fight, do you think Matt would've won? Matt would've been KO'd when he was on the ground, or before that. Although this is kind of irrelevant, but it does show that Matt can lose to more experienced combatants.

Fair enough, my first post was deliberately lowballing and I made a crappy joke.

#571 Posted by buildhare (8649 posts) - - Show Bio

Given how well he took punches from Elektra and the Five fingers of the Hand I doubt Batman's strength advantage is much of an issue anymore, if he has it at all.

#572 Posted by BruceRogers (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

I am changing my stance to Matt now. Bruce's main advantage was his superior strength and durability but given how Matt did against Elektra, I don't think he is falling to Bruce that easy. If at all. Plus he has shown enough striking strength to take a very hard fought majority.

#573 Posted by webinyoureye11 (5702 posts) - - Show Bio

Backing Matt, too fast and too agile.

#574 Posted by GeorgeWBush (11830 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt wins

#575 Edited by DSTREET45 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

Backing Matt for sure now. IMO it could've gone either way since while Batman was stronger it wasn't by a lot and Matt had enough durability to last in a prolonged fight. But after The Defenders, Matt took hits superior to Bruce's and was still capable of fighting, and his striking power has improved.

#576 Edited by zolomoniii (11 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you kidding me? This is a spite thread for sure. Daredevil gets knocked down several times, almost loses to Kingpin and can't even put away a 110 pound woman in Elektra while Batman took out 20+ mercenaries with guns, was only knocked down once because of numbers and took the two that downed him out with one foot - all after fighting Superman.

Batman takes this 10/10. The only things Daredevil has on Batman are agility and speed, but that fact is near irrelevant since DCEU Batman is on his level in those categories. If Daredevil were to be hit by DCEU Batman, he would be knocked down instantly, the second punch would knock him out and the next two would give him brain damage. Give DCEU Batman one opening and he would turn Matt's skull to mush in minutes.

His suit and cowl are bulletproof, he is more skilled in h2h than Matt, he has been calculated to have more punching power than two boxers put together, he has gadgets alone that would incapacitate Matt he has used seamlessly in battle, he has taken down 20+ mercenaries with ease after fighting Superman and he has lifted plates heavier than most men by the ankles while doing pull ups.

Anyone even giving this a 9/10 is lying to themselves, as someone said before this is battle the equivalent of pitting a man against a child.

#577 Posted by BruceRogers (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#578 Posted by lubub55 (12905 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt won this even before Defenders

Avatar image for americanspeeddemon
#580 Posted by americanspeeddemon (7213 posts) - - Show Bio

@zolomoniii: Matt is definitely more skilled than Bruce he was easily beating Danny who is more skilled than anyone Bat's has fought. Bats has fought 20+ men but if it wasn't for his gear he would have been beaten pretty handily. Bruce needs more feats before we can say he's more skilled. I would say their stats are for the most part comparable but Bruce's suit makes him a bit too durable for DD giving him the slight win. DD would stomp TDK Batman after Defenders and win solidly after S2.

#581 Posted by hyiena (5326 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you kidding me? This is a spite thread for sure. Daredevil gets knocked down several times, almost loses to Kingpin and can't even put away a 110 pound woman in Elektra while Batman took out 20+ mercenaries with guns, was only knocked down once because of numbers and took the two that downed him out with one foot - all after fighting Superman.

Batman takes this 10/10. The only things Daredevil has on Batman are agility and speed, but that fact is near irrelevant since DCEU Batman is on his level in those categories. If Daredevil were to be hit by DCEU Batman, he would be knocked down instantly, the second punch would knock him out and the next two would give him brain damage. Give DCEU Batman one opening and he would turn Matt's skull to mush in minutes.

His suit and cowl are bulletproof, he is more skilled in h2h than Matt, he has been calculated to have more punching power than two boxers put together, he has gadgets alone that would incapacitate Matt he has used seamlessly in battle, he has taken down 20+ mercenaries with ease after fighting Superman and he has lifted plates heavier than most men by the ankles while doing pull ups.

Anyone even giving this a 9/10 is lying to themselves, as someone said before this is battle the equivalent of pitting a man against a child.

#582 Posted by zolomoniii (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@americanspeeddemon: Danny Rand is "skilled" by word of mouth, this Danny Rand isn't 1/10th of his comic book counterpart. Batman uses more fighting styles in the Warehouse scene alone and takes on multiple opponents which have proven to be a weak point for Matt.

Without gear anybody would have been beaten by 20+ men with guns, but Bruce had the ingenuity to take them by surprise and enter below them, had the tech to disable their guns and used several of his weapons to nullify their range advantages. I get that "mercenaries" aren't held in high regard when it comes to feats but Batman's display shouldn't just be ignored because his opponents aren't some big name adversary. He takes on 4 of them who clearly have h2h training at once on two occasions and handles them with ease.

His strength and durability also shouldn't be played down to Matt's level. He shows no sign of fatigue after facing off against Superman, tanks being stabbed in the shoulder, then crashes a plane fast enough to outfly Doomsday and his heat vision and doesn't even show any sings of being hurt at all. He doesn't slow down at all despite going from battle to battle and if he was billed as impervious to damage I wouldn't bat an eye with a couple exceptions. Compared to Matt tiring out after singular battles on multiple occasions putting him on Bruce's level in terms of durability is ridiculous, he is durable but nowhere near DCEU Batman's level.

Also, Bruce's punches have been calculated to have the force of two boxers combined, he is able to lift heavy weights and throws a man partially through a brick wall in addition to breaking floorboards and piercing brick on other occasions. Matt, again, hasn't done anything on the level of DCEU Batman in terms of strength. He's strong but shouldn't be compared to Bruce in that category.

This isn't a slight win for Bruce, this is a murder.

#583 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats

#584 Edited by zolomoniii (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@dstreet45: DCEU Batman's strength and durability shouldn't be played down to Matt's level. He shows no sign of fatigue after facing off against Superman, tanks being stabbed in the shoulder, then crashes a plane fast enough to outfly Doomsday and his heat vision and doesn't even show any sings of being hurt at all. He doesn't slow down at all despite going from battle to battle and if he was billed as impervious to damage I wouldn't bat an eye with a couple exceptions. Compared to Matt tiring out after singular battles on multiple occasions putting him on Bruce's level in terms of durability is ridiculous, he is durable but nowhere near DCEU Batman's level.

Also, Bruce's punches have been calculated to have the force of two boxers combined, he is able to lift heavy weights and throws a man partially through a brick wall in addition to breaking floorboards and piercing brick on other occasions. Matt, again, hasn't done anything on the level of DCEU Batman in terms of strength. He's strong but shouldn't be compared to Bruce in that category.

This isn't a slight win for Bruce that "could have gone either way", this is a murder. Matt isn't fast or agile enough to dodge all of Batman's offense, he isn't strong enough to hurt Bruce or even stagger him and he is shown to tire out to the point where he is groggy after a singular battle. When he is caught he is dead in 5 or 6 ground and pound punches. I doubt Bruce would even stop himself from turning his skull into aforementioned mush even to let him be a mounted head on his wall.

#585 Posted by RBT (27800 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Matt now.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d0376931207
#586 Posted by deactivated-59d0376931207 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt, with some comfort now. He kept with two fingers of the hand, traded blows with an enchanced Elektra. There's no way Bruce drops him after he took those hits from her. He's far more skilled. It's going to take a while for Matt to drop Bruce, but it will happen now.

#587 Posted by Sy8000 (35219 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Batman. Doing not that much to Elektra doesn't prove he can compete in stats.

#588 Posted by BabyDarkseid (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
#589 Posted by zolomoniii (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@momus: Enhanced is a generous term. Elektra is practically unchanged apart from losing her memory, she doesn't show strength or durability anywhere near the level of Batman so using that as evidence he would take his punches is incorrect.

Anyhow, Matt himself is visibly limping and groggy in his final fight with Elektra, compared to Bruce being able to walk off a fight with Superman, tanking a stab to the shoulder, disregarding direct gunshots to the head and a plane crash -Daredevil is a lightweight.

Daredevil doesn't show any strength feats on the level of DCEU Batman, he uses more fighting styles than Matt has in the warehouse scene and is no slouch, dodging Doomsday twice and is to keep up with and put away 4 trained assailants at once in h2h combat on two different occasions.

Daredevil isn't anywhere near as strong as Batman. He isn't anywhere near as durable. He isn't quick enough for his speed to be a deciding factor and he repeatedly gets tagged in h2h encounters, which will result in death against Batfleck.

Time and time again, he struggles to finish fights that drag on while Batman never has. One mistake and Batman knocks Daredevil to the ground, in the next instant he stands over him, with one punch he is down for good and in the next punch he's knocked out. The next two give him brain damage, the next two after that kill him and subsequent punches start to chip away at his skull. Matt has absolutely no defence against a Batman with no morals.

#590 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil still gets curbstomped.

#591 Posted by BruceRogers (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt can win this now. If we really want to compare skill, Matt was taking on multiple guys in close quarters, even when gravely injured, and was barely even tagged. Batfleck was incapable of doing the same thing in a larger environment, and in much better health.

Whatever stat advantage he might have had pre defenders is now lessened considerably, if not outright vanished, after Defenders.

#592 Edited by zolomoniii (11 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Taking on multiple adversaries at once and trumps taking on guys one on one and being tagged. Matt gets tagged too many times to bring speed into this and as I've said before is worn out at the end of singular battles. Any time he has had to take on multiple opponents at once he has failed.

Batfleck fought Superman, that definitely outweighs anything Matt has been put through and still walked away from. He was slammed through multiple floors, tanked punches from a Superman no longer affected by Kryptonite and never stopped fighting until he chose to. He was then shot in the head at point blank range multiple times, was stabbed in the shoulder and crashed a plane going fast enough to evade Doomsday's heat vision. You know what he did afterwards? Get out of the plane and continue with his day, even going on to dodge heat vision again. Compared to Matt not being able to go through one fight without being tagged and winded, Bruce is levels above Matt in terms of durability.

There isn't a single moment in BvS where Batman shows fatigue, let alone stand groggy or literally unable to keep his balance after throwing a punch like Daredevil does in his final fight with Elektra. Daredevil was an ex machina away from getting beaten to death with his own billy club by Kingpin. He's nowhere near as durable.

Batman uses more fighting styles in the warehouse scene, he is more durable, has a bulletproof suit and packs a punch with double the force of a punch from a boxer. He wins 10/10.

#593 Edited by BruceRogers (17311 posts) - - Show Bio

@zolomoniii: Dude, you are just copy pasting the same argument over and over to different people, like its supposed to change anything. I dont know what TV show you have been watching but the only time he has had any real problem putting thugs down would be the first episode. Hell,just an episode or so later, he was capable of taking on an entire gang on their turf, while suffering from multiple concussions, lacerations, broken bones and a possibly collapsed lung, without even getting hit once. In a confined space and fighting 3-4 guys at once. Given the state of his health, it is only obvious that you would see him hobble and stagger around. Then he took on 3 cops with both hands tied behind his back, was getting the upperhand against the Punisher, more or less replicated the hallway fight scene again with much larger numbers, albeit not quite injured, but definitely from his best and a gun taped to his hand. How exactly has he failed again?

Lets not pretend that taking on Superman in powered armour and plenty of Kryptonite to weaken him is that great a feat. Superman himself has no real skill feats to speak off. And again, surviving through all that punishment via a powered armour is an impressive feat, why exactly?. And he just aim dodged Doomsdays attack. Nothing mind blowing there.

Given the fact that Batman was tagged constantly, shot in the back of his head, kicked on to the floor and stabbed and would have probably been crippled without his suit, what puts him above Matt in speed and skill again?. And I dunno why you are misusing the word deus ex machina but speaking of Kingpin, the guy has been shown strong enough to bench 400lbs as a normal workout, so taking his hits is no mean feat.

Also the fact that you are purposely cherry picking instances where Matt has been injured or weakened before a fight as evidence of how he gets tired fast, kinda reeks of bias tbh.

And I havent even gotten into the Defenders feat yet, where he kicks someone hard enough to shatter a concrete block, does fairly well against fingers of the hand and even takes hits from Elektra who was capable of one shotting Jessica Jones. From the suit at least. What is Batmans best durability feat without his powered armour again?

Batman knowing more fighting styles than him is utterly irrelevant given that feat wise, he comes short. Why?. Start with Matt having actual feats against skilled opponents. If guys like Kingpin, Nobu or ressurected Elektra coundnt one shot him (not counting the one time where he was caught off guard and couldnt brace for her hit), Batman cant either. DD has everything here to win a hard fought majority.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d0376931207
#594 Posted by deactivated-59d0376931207 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@zolomoniii: Batman only beat a weakened Superman in his Supesbuster armor. Matt literally went hand to hand with Bakuto and Murakami, two fingers of the hands. Batman has never fought anyone with any noteworthy H2H skill.

When the hand resurrects you, there's a level of enhancement. It was shown with Nobu, Harold, and it was much more obvious with Elektra. Her skill vastly improved also, after being traind by Alexandra. Saying there's no difference between the Elektra we saw in Daredevil and the Black Sky that showed up in Defenders and held her own against Luke Cage, ragdolled Jessica Jones, tanked Danny's Iron Fist and was toying with Matt, who beat her easily in Daredevil, is just ignorance of the show source.

#595 Posted by DanielDaRipper (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

The one with feats against established opponents

#596 Posted by RisingBean (9797 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally finished Defenders.

Matt takes it.

I'll revisit after JL to see if Bruce leapfrogs to victory.

#597 Posted by Battle123axe (8981 posts) - - Show Bio

Since we have no proof baman can't survive on the sun, he should lolstomp

#598 Posted by RBT (27800 posts) - - Show Bio

Going with Matt now.

#599 Posted by deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65 (4972 posts) - - Show Bio
#600 Edited by foxerdes (10151 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going with Matt even before. Now it's even easier to support him. Without speed or skill advantage Bruce will have very few chances to utilize his superior strength and Matt has better fodders feats and far better track record against named opponents. His striking strength is inferior but it's not like Bruce has some amazing durability feats barring taking bullets with his suit which is ambigous feat at the very least. On the other hand he can deal with Bruce's striking strength thanks to considerably superior technique and his own suit.