Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Daredevil:

No Caption Provided

VS

Slade Wilson:

No Caption Provided

When Matt Murdock takes on Slade Wilson, who will win?

Slade is off Mirakuru

Fight takes place in an urban environment at night. Starting distance is 30 feet

Both are bloodlusted. Victory by death

Round 1:

Both are unarmed

Round 2:

Daredevil has his sticks. Slade has a sword

Who wins?

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Matt both rounds

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Slade both rounds

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for firestormfate1919
FirestormFate1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know The Daredevil hype is high, but as of episode 5 Slade wins this 10/10. He's on a different level.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: Slade one-shots people Matt uses multiple kicks and punches to take out. Slade is stronger and a more skilled melee fighter. Their reaction speeds seem to be about the same, both have high durability. Slade has a better record against skilled fighters though. Matt is acrobatic, but that won't help him against an opponent like Slade. I can see the h2h round being closer than the melee round. Any reasons you think Matt wins both rounds?

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: Slade one-shots people Matt uses multiple kicks and punches to take out. Slade is stronger and a more skilled melee fighter. Their reaction speeds seem to be about the same, both have high durability. Slade has a better record against skilled fighters though. Matt is acrobatic, but that won't help him against an opponent like Slade. I can see the h2h round being closer than the melee round. Any reasons you think Matt wins both rounds?

One reason.. Everything you just named was Slade on Mirakuru which he doesn't have in this fight.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson: No, none of which I said was Slade on mirakuru...

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By linsanel_Doctor

I think Slade can take him. Can't say for sure since I don't watch DD

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

Slade's only hand to hand feats not on Mirakura are beating Billy Wintergreen and sparring with Shado, neither of who really did anything.

Matt, meanwhile, two top tier beat assassins, one of who was able to take down 2 mobsters in 5 seconds. He beat a dozen Russian thugs while half dead. He took down six cops while hand cuffed.

Matt is better.

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, none of which I said was Slade on mirakuru...

1. Who was he one-shotting?
  2. What strength feats does have that makes him stronger?
  3. What reaction feats does he have that puts him on Matt's level?
  4. What's Slade's record against skilled fighters without Mirakuru?
  5. How's is durability with no Mirakuru?
TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: Slade almost fought Oliver to a stand still at the end of season 2, in season 3 he had the upper hand against Thea and Oliver until Thea pulled a gun. He has many feats with sword and unarmed against mercanaries on Lian Yu

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

I also think Matt is better than Oliver.

He didn't have the upper hand in that fight.

And if an untrained Oliver, just after he got shipwrecked, could take one of those mercenaries then that isn't a noteworthy feat.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheSuperor

@jayskee: Well Matt is far from Oliver's level so..

He had the upperhand, or at least keeping up with them

I can only remember Oliver taking out 1 or 2 of them after Slade had trained him. So it's not like untrained Oliver easily beat them

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jayskee

@thesuperor:

He kept up with them and Oliver managed to kill one the same day he got on the island.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: That was an accident by Oliver, when they tripped the mercenary died in the fall

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: He was still able to fight the merc. I don't see how those soldiers on the island are impressive at all.

QuakeBlood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Slade.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: Nor are the thugs Matt has a hard time beating, maybe they seem better because Matt has such a hard time beating them...

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

The only time that thugs gave Daredevil trouble was in the hallway fight and he was half dead then. And those thugs are more impressive then the fodders who Arrow except for maybe the league of assassins which is a big maybe because the league really sucks.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samjackson:

• He was one-shotting Fyers men on Lian Yu.
  • Other than his clearly better physical apperance, I don't have any clip's now, but I will post if I find them. (we have his training sessions back at the crashed plane though)
  • Remember the time Slade took out 8 or so guys with a gun in a few second's? His combat speed was better than Billy's (who caught an arrow fired at close range). He also sliced two arrows mid-air (he was on mirakuru then). I also belive he sliced/dodged arrows in the fight against Oliver, could be wrong about that one
  • He fought Wintergreen (who was a highly skilled fighter), he fought Oliver on more than one occasion and did good
  • He was shot multiple times, being burned alive, but nothing was bad enough to keep him down. Oliver had a really hard time putting him down in their final battle. He also survived the mirakuru injection, only the one's that were strong enough survived (it has to be said, Matt's durability is better, but Slade had some good durability him self)
TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: Matt was multiple time's sliced and punched by some random guys. The thugs in Arrow seems to be more incompetent simply because Oliver is a better fighter than Matt. (This is not by comparing choreography, because the choreograohy in DD is better than most of the fights in Arrow)

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

The thugs basically stand around and wait for Oliver to hit them. The thugs on Daredevil actually try to put up a fight and don't charge at him one at a time.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

Sometimes, though, the thugs in Arrow are just incompetent

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: Could you find an example where this is the case so I could take a look at it?

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

Also Matt was ambushed off camera. How is that a bad showing for him?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nfactor1995

@thesuperor: Honestly though, the fodder in Arrow go down way faster than any other fodder I've ever seen, I think. And I've watched the choreography carefully and there's honestly no reason for them to be dropping as fast as they do based on the hits Team Arrow is landing on them. A kick to the chest and one punch to the face shouldn't knock you out or even really knock you down, especially if you're ready for the fight, which most of these fodder seem to be.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus1: Yeah, that is true. Not all the time though..

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SamJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was one-shotting Fyers men on Lian Yu.

IIRC they were losing to Oliver who barely had any training at all.

Other than his clearly better physical apperance, I don't have any clip's now, but I will post if I find them. (we have his training sessions back at the crashed plane though)

So you're not basing you're argument off feats but appearance? Anyone Kingpin is A LOT stronger than Matt but that didn't stop kingpin from losing. Granted, Kingpin doesn't have the skill feats on Slade's level yet Slade doesn't have the strength feats to suggest it'll be a problem for Matt in the first place.

Remember the time Slade took out 8 or so guys with a gun in a few second's?

Guess it's a good thing Slade only has sword in this fight right?

His combat speed was better than Billy's (who caught an arrow fired at close range).

Last season Matt ran to an arrows trajectory and deflected it. And Slade's combat speed was better than Billy's based on what?

He also sliced two arrows mid-air (he was on mirakuru then). I also belive he sliced/dodged arrows in the fight against Oliver, could be wrong about that one

Can he do it without Mirakuru?

He fought Wintergreen (who was a highly skilled fighter), he fought Oliver on more than one occasion and did good

Who did Wintergreen fight against to classify him as a skilled fighter?

He was shot multiple times, being burned alive, but nothing was bad enough to keep him down. Oliver had a really hard time putting him down in their final battle.

IIRC that was all when he had Mirakuru. And right after he was cured Oliver basically stomped him.

He also survived the mirakuru injection, only the one's that were strong enough survived

So?

(it has to be said, Matt's durability is better, but Slade had some good durability him self)

Thanks to the Mirakuru which he doesn't have in this fight.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: That is true, but how are we suppose to interpret that? Oliver is not a good fighter becuase fodder goes down way to easy, or Oliver's punches are actually strong. There are someone in Arrow that has to give them quite a few punches and kicks for them to stay down (Thea and Laurel). But it's really difficult to compare shows with different choreography styles

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: You haven't got any specific examples rather than just saying that is the way it is?

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

The hallway fight from season 1. When Laurel and Diggle took down those guys at the docks in season 3. Every time team Arrow fights the ghosts. How is that?

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: Well no not really. However, the instances I'm describing involve these types of moves: Oliver drops down and does a ballerina twirl with his bow sticking out and four Hive soldiers drop down KOed. Or Thea and Laurel run in, kick a Hive soldier in the chest (which inexplicably does damage) and punch them 1 or 2 times and they drop down KOed. Like, what? These must be the weakest soldiers ever if they are getting 2-3 shotted by the likes of Thea and Laurel. And it's not just the fact that's it's only 2-3 punches, it's that the punches themselves aren't shown (choreographed) to look like they are even capable of doing damage, yet down the soldiers go. That kind of thing.

I don't think it should be held against Matt that his fodder actually has some skill and durability, whereas most of the Arrow fodder sans League members (even that's questionable) all seem to be pretty skill-less and possess glass jaws. That's just how it looks on screen to me.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: The hallway fight in season 1 is really good and I won't qualify that as an example of that. Can't remember the Diggle, Laurel fight, I will have to go and watch that. Yeah the ghosts seem pretty retarded, agree with you there :p

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

There were about 15 guys in that hallway yet they fought him one at a time. How is that now an example?

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheSuperor

@nfactor1995: So that means DD fodder>Arrow fodder? not just choreography, but how good they really are?

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

Daredevil fodders actually fight back and don't go down with one hit. One of them got hit in the by a microwave and got back up and kept fighting.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: No there were times he fought 3 at a time, for the most part they were rushing in to the hallway to fight him 1 at a time, not just standing around watching

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

Rewatch it because he definitely fought them three at a time

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheSuperor
jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

Yeah he didn't fight them at a once. They basically stood around and waited for their turn.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: Nah, they were rushing towards him. He dodged a kick from one of them while he knocked 2 guys out. He had one in an armbar while he was knpcking two others out. I don't see your point in that particular scene

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

Rewatch the fight and no he armbared the guy through the door and then he fought the two guys.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee: I've rewatched it 5 times during the last 10 minutes :p Im fairly confident in saying he fight's more than 1 at a time. If not take this as an example, this is one of my personl favorite fights. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egrVl7yWtYg (here he fight's multiple of them at the same time)

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor:

I never said he was fighting more than one at a time. I said three at a time.

nfactor1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesuperor: That's the question. Though I think I need to qualify this. A lot of people seem to think that people like Rance and John Healy are fodder, and Daredevil's struggles against them mean he's just not that good of a fighter. However, why wouldn't those guys (especially because they are named characters) more like villains of the week such as Double Down (yes, he's a metahuman, but you get the point), Mr. Blank, Bronze Tiger etc? And yes, it does actually seem like Daredevil's fodder, as a whole, is a lot more durable at least than Arrow's fodder (not including League assassins, who have shown at least some semblance of fighting ability and durability).

I mean, just watch some of the fights. Matt sends his fodder flying sometimes with his hits, similarly to guys in the Arrowverse (even the likes of Diggle and Roy) but they get back up some of the time to sort of keep fighting. That doesn't really happen in the Arrowverse, once they're down they are down. So obviously Matt isn't much weaker, if at all, than some of the Arrow characters, his fodder just isn't quite as glass-jawed. And I'm not just comparing him to Oliver because obviously Oliver has more and better feats than Matt, but more comparing him to the likes of Roy, Thea, Laurel, Diggle etc.

TheSuperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nfactor1995: To me it's very difficult to call where to place fighter's in different universes to each other. But if DD fodder>Arrow fodder and DD choreo>Arrow choreo, shouldn't that also mean Matt>Oliver than? Im basing most fodder fights on the fact that fodder=fodder. When it comes to named character's of course they have different skill levels. And to me that is a bit more clear where they stand, I would say Ben Turner>John Healy and Rance>Drakon. So im just going on featless fodder=featless fodder

Hope that made any sense... :p