• 160 results
#1 Edited by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil:

No Caption Provided

VS

Malcolm Merlyn:

No Caption Provided

When Daredevil takes on the Dark Archer, who will win?

MCU Daredevil. CW Malcolm

Daredevil is in his suit. Malcolm is in his League outfit.

Malcolm has his hand

Fight takes place in a warehouse at night. Starting distance is 20 feet.

Both are bloodlusted. Victory by death

Round 1:

Daredevil gets his sticks

Malcolm is unarmed

Round 2:

Standard gear for both

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Firedude17 (1529 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Matt, Merlyn has been jobbing lately in Arrow. Season 1 Merlyn should win though, but current Merlyn loses.

#3 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't actually watched Season 2, but seen some fights on YouTube and Mat looks pretty impressive

#4 Posted by Firedude17 (1529 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: You should probably pick it up soon. Currently on ep 4, show's pretty solid :)

#5 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: You should probably pick it up soon. Currently on ep 4, show's pretty solid :)

Oh I will. I still have the end of S1 that for some reason I never finished, but then it's on to binge watching S2

#6 Posted by jashro44 (53170 posts) - - Show Bio

I just finished episode 3 and where I'm at Malcolm still beats the crap out of him. Hopefully this will change as the series goes on.

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
#7 Posted by linsanel_Doctor (8630 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Matt, Merlyn has been jobbing lately in Arrow. Season 1 Merlyn should win though, but current Merlyn loses.

So Merlyn jobs.. and that gives Matt the win?

#8 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I just finished episode 3 and where I'm at Malcolm still beats the crap out of him. Hopefully this will change as the series goes on.

Do you think he has (or will) improve from season 1?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bbee326da7b7
#9 Posted by deactivated-5bbee326da7b7 (1212 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: seriously some of S2 fights are already on YouTube

#10 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by SamJackson (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

On Episode 11 and Merlyn still wins but not without trouble. Matt could actually pull a few wins.

#12 Posted by buildhare (8715 posts) - - Show Bio

On Episode 11 and Merlyn still wins but not without trouble. Matt could actually pull a few wins.

Your binge game is strong I see.

#13 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Both rounds?

#14 Posted by jayskee (4885 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt. Meryln's only note worthy feats are beating season 1 Oliver and Nyssa who I would put below Matt.

#15 Posted by jashro44 (53170 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Honestly not really but there I need to watch 9 more episodes.

#16 Posted by SamJackson (2191 posts) - - Show Bio

@samjackson said:

Your binge game is strong I see.

On bed rest, been watching since 8:45 lmao

@arcus1 said:
@samjackson said:

Both rounds?

Didn't realize Malcolm was unarmed Round 1, if that's the case I can see Matt pulling a majority. Malcolm's biggest advantage is his ranged weaponry and his stealth, both of which is almost useless against Matt who can sense him has better reflexes. Matt's acrobatic fighting style mixed with his billy clubs, superior reflexes and high pain tolerance give him a win over an unarmed Merlyn. I'll change my vote and say Matt could possibly win with Malcolm being armed as well.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#17 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

Finished ep 10. Merlyn still stomps. Matt has done anything to significantly increase his ability imo.

Not to mention he is a confirmed non bullet dodger after the first couple episodes, so that can finally be put to bed.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#18 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43249 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn still stomps him. Daredevil got better, but not by enough.

#19 Posted by buildhare (8715 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: DD's Armor is better, he's actually armed and the amount he improved in S2 was insane. He wins.

Round 2: Probably Merlyn, DD still has a shot due to the amount of Arrow reaction feats he got.

#20 Posted by Homer_X (2387 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn

#21 Posted by Mrnoital (8103 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1:

Malcom is unarmed

Loading Video...

#22 Posted by WarDevil (800 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil. He has the skill and better durability (Can takes hits and not fold). Merlyn is a shadow of his former self

#23 Posted by Abyssdarkfire (1417 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Round 1 is not even fair Malcolm is weaponless so DD should pull a majority. in Round 2 Malcolm Stomps!

#24 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn still stomps him. Daredevil got better, but not by enough.

Both rounds?

@mrnoital said:

Round 1:

Malcom is unarmed

Loading Video...

hahaha

didn't even think about that

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#25 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43249 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: Yeah, Merlyn still holds most physical advantages. And he's skill is more proven against foes.

#26 Posted by T1793456 (322 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why Malcolm wouldn't stomp both rounds.

#27 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#28 Edited by katanalauncher (3644 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1 said:

Round 1:

Malcom is unarmed

I lol'd.

OT: DD round 1, Malcom R2(assume prime.)

#29 Posted by nfactor1995 (12944 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt takes round 1 in a very difficult fight. Merlyn should take round 2 assuming this is prime Merlyn.

#30 Posted by TheSuperor (6838 posts) - - Show Bio

Matt round 1, Merlyn easy round 2

#31 Posted by devinwifi (1323 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by Stahlflamme (5822 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil both rounds

He is much faster since Malcolm has never shown to be able to react to bullets the way Matt does and has admitted to being slower than Arrow in season 1 when Oliver had a lot more trouble dealing with arrows shot at him than in later seasons.

He has much better pain resistance and damage soak since Malcolm has been shown to be taken out twice instantaneously when hurt. During his first and third fight with Oliver respectively. Where as Matt fought a highly skilled opponent he could barely sense, knocked arrows out of the air and dodged throwing stars with an arrow through his shoulder and poison in his system. Got cut open with sickle and beat on by Kingpin and still managed to get away etc.

Much better endurance, too since he is seen fighting none stop against large groups of opponents and then taking on the likes of Nobu.

Likely higher strength judging by the distance he has thrown opponents

Is pretty immune to Malcolm using stealth.

And I know people will claim Malcolm is somehow more skilled, but please tell me how you determined this if scaled by Olliver please show me how you scaled Oliver season 1, since Malcolm only proved superiority in season 1 to be better than Daredevil end of season 2. Daredevil also demonstrated getting out of the same chockeholds utilized by Malcolm much more easily than Oliver and has beaten a more skilled opponents than himself Stick in season 1 using his other advantages.

Daredevil wears a bulletproof suit with which he can block blades and crowbars with his forearms that covers nearly all of his body, which Malcolms arrows and sword likely couldn't penetrate. His weapon at this distance is faster than a bow since he doesn't have to pull out and cock an arrow as well as more flexibility in attack angles and changes between fighting at a distance and melee.

Lastly, bloodlusted fighting is an advantage for Daredevil since while Malcolm doesn't care if he kills Matt is always trying not to kill his opponents the exception being the last fight with Nobu that he won decisively.

#33 Posted by RBT (28608 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn both rounds. Better where it counts.

#34 Edited by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: @stahlflamme: any arguments for each other?

@katanalauncher said:

OT: DD round 1, Malcom R2(assume prime.)

@thesuperor said:

@devinwifi said:
@thesuperor said:

@nfactor1995 said:

Matt takes round 1 in a very difficult fight. Merlyn should take round 2 assuming this is prime Merlyn.

Any reasons?

What if we assume it's current Merlyn? Does anyone think that makes a difference?

#35 Posted by jashro44 (53170 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Sy8000 (35496 posts) - - Show Bio

Merlyn stomps.

#37 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by MarvinJones (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Malcolm would stomp.

#39 Posted by mcufan91 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Daredevil wins round 1 handily and he wins round 2 but Malcolm gives him a good fight here.

#40 Posted by buildhare (8715 posts) - - Show Bio

DD

#41 Edited by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Malcolm would stomp.

@mcufan91 said:

Daredevil wins round 1 handily and he wins round 2 but Malcolm gives him a good fight here.

DD

Any reasons/arguments for each other?

#42 Edited by nickzambuto (29288 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a bloodlusted Mathew is something to be reckoned with. Back in season 1 he nearly solo'd Nobu and Fisk through sheer will and resourcefulness (if not for Fisk's armor), and in this season he finally surpassed Nobu as a fighter when he was willing to use lethal force. Under normal circumstances Matt's morals will hold him back, in fact Merlyn recently stated this as the exact reason Thea could never defeat him, and he expressed similar sentiments towards Oliver in season 1.

They say the Murdock boys got the devil in 'em. However, Matt tries to restrain that devil, Merlyn fully lets loose with every bit of evil and savagery and insanity he has in him, and it works to great effect.

#43 Posted by mcufan91 (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@arcus1: I think Daredevil is just a superior h2h fighter and adding the billy clubs will just add on to that while merlyn is unarmed... if he had a bow or something to use it would be a bit more even. And round 2 is a much closer fight but I just think that DD's durability will pull through and he'll eventually win.

#44 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump with some gifs

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#45 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

And more gifs, cause I like them

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#46 Posted by Hollow_Point (1451 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit, you dare pit my 2 favorite live action comic characters against each other?

#47 Posted by Stahlflamme (5822 posts) - - Show Bio

My points still stand. Matt both rounds.

#48 Posted by Arcus1 (27817 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit, you dare pit my 2 favorite live action comic characters against each other?

Absolutely

#49 Posted by BoringPerson (3744 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a bloodlusted Mathew is something to be reckoned with. Back in season 1 he nearly solo'd Nobu and Fisk through sheer will and resourcefulness (if not for Fisk's armor), and in this season he finally surpassed Nobu as a fighter when he was willing to use lethal force. Under normal circumstances Matt's morals will hold him back, in fact Merlyn recently stated this as the exact reason Thea could never defeat him, and he expressed similar sentiments towards Oliver in season 1.

They say the Murdock boys got the devil in 'em. However, Matt tries to restrain that devil, Merlyn fully lets loose with every bit of evil and savagery and insanity he has in him, and it works to great effect.

Nobu lost completely due to luck on Daredevil's part. Daredevil was so beat by the end of the fight that he could barely stand...

Nobu also hasn't really lost to Daredevil yet... he lost to a combination of Daredevil and Elektra. Also, Nobu's Shoge are really a experience based weapon, Daredevil's gotten used to it having fought against it multiple times by Season 2's end. If he were up against it for the first time again, I'm not sure he'd do any better.

Merlyn has also used explosive arrows in character before, so it's not unreasonable to put them in his quiver in round 2. Daredevil is completely screwed against explosive arrows.

Daredevil probably wins on damage soak in round one, but likely loses horribly in round two due to Merlyn's better equipment.

Avatar image for miraclecomeback
#50 Posted by MiracleComeBack (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

R1 matt

R2 malcom